New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1143
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    From when Aqualad captured the team and blue up the cave... he used magic to take down blue saying that he had suspected the beetle might be vulnerable to magic, of which he was correct
    Considering Doctor Fate and Captain Marvel are both magic, in addition to Zatanna, they MIGHT have enough firepower. Aqualad's magic water may help if he's back in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    something something Jayngfet experience.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    The Beetles have a weakness one known to Aqualad, they're vulnerable to magic... now what were you saying about Dr Fate and Captain Marvel?
    Does anyone have fire magic? Because that would mess Green up something fierce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I imagine that worst come to worst Zatanna could toss some sllaberif
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Also the end seems to indicate the crystal key is a big power source/power enhancer of sorts)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought the crystal key was the key to war world, as in he who controls the key controls war world - which is a valuable prize indeed.
    Last edited by kitep; 2013-02-13 at 03:48 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It is the key to the war world.
    But I don't think the war world was the 'value' the embassador was talking about. (not the only one at least ). It seems too flashy, too direct, for the Reach's Modus Operandi.
    It could be that the embassador was also talking about the whole team being put out (all these superhuman captured for metagene research must make him giddy) but the way the last shots were kinda let me thinks the key seems to have value by itself.

Also the way BB puts the crysal in his armor (that seems to acomodate it) before putting the smackdown on Superboy (who was easily the most resilient of all the team members present) in one shot and one punch let me thinks his punch were enhanced by it. (I could be wrong, he could just have done it for safekeeping, but that's how I understand it though.).

I know lots of people have said Blue in scarab control already went toe to toe with Black who can hold his own against the whole team, but looking back at the fight in 'before the Dawn', black actualy had help of Shimers and he was on his 'turf' (a ship he could control just by touching th wlls) and the team still got away.BLue here barely broke a sweat, so definitively much more powerfull, i'd say, even counting for the element of suprise on his side.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2013-02-13 at 07:57 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Weird no one is talking in here... It was great to see M'gann finally use her mental powers well, I was very tired of her throwing things when we know she can just Force Choke the Mooks.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Weird no one is talking in here... It was great to see M'gann finally use her mental powers well, I was very tired of her throwing things when we know she can just Force Choke the Mooks.
    Should I spoiler how Sportsmaster made time to spend the day with his daughters...?

Aqualad is back! they should make a rhyme with that similar to mighty mouse's!

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Troll in the Playground

I have just ONE thing to comment about this episode:

Spoiler
    Show
    The face Aqualad makes when Manta hugs him is priceless
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2013-02-18 at 10:36 AM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    It is the key to the war world.
    But I don't think the war world was the 'value' the embassador was talking about. (not the only one at least ). It seems too flashy, too direct, for the Reach's Modus Operandi.
    It could be that the embassador was also talking about the whole team being put out (all these superhuman captured for metagene research must make him giddy) but the way the last shots were kinda let me thinks the key seems to have value by itself.

Also the way BB puts the crysal in his armor (that seems to acomodate it) before putting the smackdown on Superboy (who was easily the most resilient of all the team members present) in one shot and one punch let me thinks his punch were enhanced by it. (I could be wrong, he could just have done it for safekeeping, but that's how I understand it though.).

I know lots of people have said Blue in scarab control already went toe to toe with Black who can hold his own against the whole team, but looking back at the fight in 'before the Dawn', black actualy had help of Shimers and he was on his 'turf' (a ship he could control just by touching th wlls) and the team still got away.BLue here barely broke a sweat, so definitively much more powerfull, i'd say, even counting for the element of suprise on his side.
    So I just bingewatched the entire series.
    Spoiler
    Show

Concerning Blue vs Everybody. Surprise is HUGE. He's certainly a heavy hitter, but I don't think he's "Take Out Everybody" Heavy.

I'm still not sure why Nightwing had to keep everybody in the dark about Operation Undercover Aqualad. I mean, Compartmentalization is all well and good, but he could probably have told Miss M. At least, she's got enough psychic mojo to handle any hostile mind readers, and a mid-battle psychic Link would be a great way to pass information.

Also, why has it not yet come up that the Reach revealed their hidden fleet? They made a show of saying they only have the one, unarmed ship. Did nobody notice the massive fleet rising out of the ocean to shoot down missiles?

Also, am I the only one that hopes that Lex is being honest with team runaway?
    I mean, he totally intends to turn them into his own superpowered hit squad, that's not even up for debate. The only question is whether he is going to manipulate them, or just mind control them.
    I mean he's honest when he says he suspects that the Reach is just using him (Which, if the Impulse Future is anything to go by, they are)

[/spoiler]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    So I just bingewatched the entire series.
    Spoiler
    Show

Concerning Blue vs Everybody. Surprise is HUGE. He's certainly a heavy hitter, but I don't think he's "Take Out Everybody" Heavy.

I'm still not sure why Nightwing had to keep everybody in the dark about Operation Undercover Aqualad. I mean, Compartmentalization is all well and good, but he could probably have told Miss M. At least, she's got enough psychic mojo to handle any hostile mind readers, and a mid-battle psychic Link would be a great way to pass information.

Also, why has it not yet come up that the Reach revealed their hidden fleet? They made a show of saying they only have the one, unarmed ship. Did nobody notice the massive fleet rising out of the ocean to shoot down missiles?

Also, am I the only one that hopes that Lex is being honest with team runaway?
    I mean, he totally intends to turn them into his own superpowered hit squad, that's not even up for debate. The only question is whether he is going to manipulate them, or just mind control them.
    I mean he's honest when he says he suspects that the Reach is just using him (Which, if the Impulse Future is anything to go by, they are)

[/spoiler]
    Oh hey, me too. Bingewatching, that is.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since it was never brought up by the League or anyone else, I'm guessing they used the confusion (and the sheer number of flying missles) to cover the ships' entry. Everyone was paying attention to the incoming missles, not so much to the outgoing ones.

I would also guess that Lex is being honest about being played by the Reach. The apparent goal of the Light is to accelerate human evolution, and turning the entire human population into cattle seems to be an exceptionally poor way to do that.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Titan in the Playground

What does it say about me that I immediately ascribed Blue Beetle's sudden 'fix' at the hands of the green beetle to be bad writing as opposed to foreshadowing?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    What does it say about me that I immediately ascribed Blue Beetle's sudden 'fix' at the hands of the green beetle to be bad writing as opposed to foreshadowing?

I don't know, but my first thoughts were. "Blue you idiot! Do the words self-fulfilling prophecy mean nothing to you?"

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    I don't know, but my first thoughts were. "Blue you idiot! Do the words self-fulfilling prophecy mean nothing to you?"
    eh, i trusted greenie too. i figured the reach were serious when they said the original host would have to die

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Troll in the Playground

eh, i trusted greenie too. i figured the reach were serious when they said the original host would have to die
    Well, if you want to get technical about it: the original host did...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Troll in the Playground

Frankly Greenie was pretty much clearly suspicious when he offered to nicely 'forward' his thoughs to Megan so she wouldn't have to intrude.

I think they likely were.
    Bringing in the Green beetle likely was devised later as a plan B and it's possible they weren't sure themselves it would work.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Well, if you want to get technical about it: the original host did...
    They were referring to the current blue beetle and you know it.

Frankly Greenie was pretty much clearly suspicious when he offered to nicely 'forward' his thoughs to Megan so she wouldn't have to intrude.
    In retrospect, yeah, shoulda caught that. But at the time I figured it wouldn't make much difference.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2013-02-19 at 11:18 PM.

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

In retrospect, yeah, shoulda caught that. But at the time I figured it wouldn't make much difference.
    Yeah, but what would have happened had she NOT been cautious about using her telepathy. Maybe he was counting on his martian mindpowers to hide his true intentions? Or the Scarabs just have the ability to hide stuff from telepathy.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, but what would have happened had she NOT been cautious about using her telepathy. Maybe he was counting on his martian mindpowers to hide his true intentions? Or the Scarabs just have the ability to hide stuff from telepathy.
    It's possible the Scarabs can change a person's thoughts so that the person in question is still themselves, just with a loyalty to the reach. Possibly even just temporarily. (Minor spoilers for last two or three episodes)
    Spoiler
    Show
    (while Blue is becoming more aggressive, if the scarab was the ONLY thing deciding what got done there would be no reason to keep speech ticks such as 'hermano' once he betrayed the team on the war world)
    Another possibility is that they can mask their thoughts just as well as they mask their personalities. Keep in mind,

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

One more thing
    Spoiler
    Show

Psymon. Artimis knocks him out with the comatoxin, but unless that also wipes his memory, they are in serious trouble. It apparently lasts "Weeks", which probably means anything between 2-4 weeks, potentially 2-8.

The point is, he's going to wake up at some point, at which point his first move will be to reveal what he knows.
    Artemis knows this, so presumably does Aqualad. Why are they still on the sub waiting for brainboy to wake up and spill the beans.
    [/Center]

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Titan in the Playground

One more thing
    Spoiler
    Show

Psymon. Artimis knocks him out with the comatoxin, but unless that also wipes his memory, they are in serious trouble. It apparently lasts "Weeks", which probably means anything between 2-4 weeks, potentially 2-8.

The point is, he's going to wake up at some point, at which point his first move will be to reveal what he knows.
    Artemis knows this, so presumably does Aqualad. Why are they still on the sub waiting for brainboy to wake up and spill the beans.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Probably going to push their luck and/or get Psymon off of the ship. Some drugs also have a memory-wiping effect on the victim, so it's possible their cover is secure for now in any case. But if Aqualad never meets the Light, then his whole deep-cover op was pointless from day 1.

Extended Sig

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Titan in the Playground

Having caught up, I have to say I think Miss M has become quite my favourite character of the entire series (and I liked her from when she first showed up in Teen Titans the comic before the reboot got to it.).

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Having watched the last three episodes in a row (well will watch the third in a minute or so) I was wondering if you redo this entire series so far what would you change?

Other than release the computer game before the start of the 2nd season I mean!

War Remark:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well if the Reach was invited no Green Lantern can return to Earth ever as quoted by John Stewart!
    I wonder when they actually arrived but it does explain why no GL has been seen on Earth since...

Hmm...
    Spoiler
    Show
    So if Impulse hadn't come from the future how many of the renegades would have escaped given they certainly couldn't have saved Jaime so I suppose that would confirm it can't be Jaime as the Blue Beetle of the future and Neutron wouldn't have been cured but... with the Flash dead and something obviously kept the League on trial away from Earth since Gl might not return but the others should have... is this a plot hole?

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Titan in the Playground

Having watched the last three episodes in a row (well will watch the third in a minute or so) I was wondering if you redo this entire series so far what would you change?

Other than release the computer game before the start of the 2nd season I mean!
    More than that - I'd want the first portion of season 2 rewritten entirely so that the time skip doesn't happen at all, and we actually see the parts that we spent the first third or so of the season slowly getting recounted for us. Frankly, I wasn't able to enjoy season 2 much until we were finally out from under the time skip's shadow.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Troll in the Playground

Doubt it would work. The timeskip had a reason to be here, it's done well enough and perfectly apropriate.
    You wouldn't be able to smoothmy introduce and devellop half the plot points of the start of the season (Aqualad is a 'traitor', the evolution of Megan and Superboy relationship, the new characters, the devellopement of the old ones) without having at the very minimum twice as many episodes without it.

(However they did miss a perfectly good option to show us a flashback of Tulla's death and what happned between Aqualad/Tulla and aquaman when Megan went into his mind for the second time. But sometime some things are just better left to imagination.) Also why was Mal was authorised into the team before he became the new guardian, because he was dating bumblebee ?

My only beef with the season so far is 'Cornered', that episode really felt like pointless padding to me. Wouldn't mind if we get to see a bit more of the LIght but with the latest episodes, looks like the are starting to make their move.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2013-02-24 at 11:27 AM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

Doubt it would work. The timeskip had a reason to be here, it's done well enough and perfectly apropriate.
    You wouldn't be able to smoothmy introduce and devellop half the plot points of the start of the season (Aqualad is a 'traitor', the evolution of Megan and Superboy relationship, the new characters, the devellopement of the old ones) without having at the very minimum twice as many episodes without it.
    I don't believe that is the case - honestly, most of the early episodes of this season mattered little save insofar as they revealed things we only didn't know because of the time skip. Because of how much of it would then occur before the Kroloteans and Reach arrive on Earth there would be much less time spent with those races in hiding, but I'd call that a good thing, as that was by far the least interesting part of the season.

I'd also be perfectly happy to cut down on the number of new characters, which I still think is quite excessive. Outside of Blue Beetle and maybe now Arsenal and the four former Reach captives, they're just not that important.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Troll in the Playground

There are a few too many new characters (Beast Boy still seems to not fit in, but that's personal "why don't ALL Martians donate blood" complaints) but I think that Lagoon Boy just... Didn't work. We never learned a thing about him, and didn't even have Bumblebee's minorcharacter gig for season one.

Spoiler
    Show
    Godfrey's ripping into The Ambassador might well be the greatest fictional television ever. So beautiful. Arsenal was cool, Nightwing could have been nicer about it. And, related to Godfrey, Apocalypse is getting big. Also, SLADE IS AWESOME.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2013-02-24 at 04:14 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Troll in the Playground

One more thing
    Spoiler
    Show

That kind of bugged me, but what bugged me more is, if the Light had Psimon ready to just check out Aqualad's brain all along, why they didn't just have him check Aqualad right off the bat to see if he was loyal.

As for the newest episode, Godfrey chewing out the Reach was cool to see because up until now he's really done nothing but be gullible, so it's nice to see him show some level of intelligence. One thing did bug me about that scene, though, and that's that we never saw the Reach Ambassador's response. It just makes them look incompetent as villains if their plan was to just go on the show and not have any explanation ready. It would've been better if they had attempted an explanation (like, I don't know, "we didn't want to alert Mogul to our secret defense weapon until we used it"), and then have Godfrey start poking holes in that before cutting away.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Troll in the Playground

Well if the Reach was invited no Green Lantern can return to Earth ever as quoted by John Stewart!
    I wonder when they actually arrived but it does explain why no GL has been seen on Earth since...
    That does beg the question, though: where are Hal and Guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    That kind of bugged me, but what bugged me more is, if the Light had Psimon ready to just check out Aqualad's brain all along, why they didn't just have him check Aqualad right off the bat to see if he was loyal.
    Because the Light didn't have Psimon ready all along - Black Manta said he managed to convince Queen Bee to let him out of Biyala to help Kal'duran. This implies that Queen Bee keeps him on a short leash - he isn't "the Light's psionic troubleshooter", he's more the Beria to Queen Bee's Stalin keeping Biyala at a low boil. Checking out a defector whose story seemed solid was one thing; repairing a Martian mind-whammy for a friend(?)'s son, quite another.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post

-snip-
    Snipped out the spoilers before responding

Spoiler
    Show
    I imagine no response was ready because they thought (like I did) that Godfrey was a moron who enjoyed bashing on the Justice League just because it was the Justice League. IE, they thought Godfrey was on their side and would throw them softballs.

That was not a softball.

(also, they kinda DID do the situation you brought up - the reach started to answer with a lie, then Godfrey poked a massive gaping hole in the ambassador's story before the cutaway)

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    There are a few too many new characters (Beast Boy still seems to not fit in, but that's personal "why don't ALL Martians donate blood" complaints) but I think that Lagoon Boy just... Didn't work. We never learned a thing about him, and didn't even have Bumblebee's minorcharacter gig for season one.
    Yeah, if it were up to me, Lagoon Boy would definitely be the first character on the chopping block. All he's managed the whole season is to annoy me with his fish puns. I was actively happy when he got captured, just because it meant he wouldn't be around to do that for a while.

From there, Bumblebee and Mal have been largely pointless, so they'd go next. Followed by Robin, Batgirl, and Wonder Girl, who have done little if anything more than Bumblebee and Mal. Beast Boy at least had some nice moments with Miss Martian, but other than that I wouldn't hesitate to remove him either. Which would leave *looking over wikipedia list of characters* Blue Beetle, Impulse, and Arsenal. Yeah, that sounds about right. Though honestly I'm not convinced Impulse is that important at this point either, but I suppose that could still change.

And hell, maybe with fewer new characters around, they could've kept Zatanna and Rocket and actually developed them. That would've been nice.