New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1227282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1143
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Relatring to above post:
    What Lantern corps exist in Young Justice world: Just green and red?

I mean on Green Lantern show there are like 5 known types so far.
    Have red even shown up?

In any case, unless you're doing a show about rainbow corps they're neither necessary or welcome. Doing them all requires you shift the entire show to focus on them and even just doing one extra corps would require like an episode to itself. Only Green with one yellow and maybe a handful of violets at the absolute MOST was considered the norm for something in the neighborhood of about 90% of the DCU's timeline. You don't need to jam them into everything.

In any case, the plot's really picking up the pace, and it was hardly slow before. We look like we're going to wrap everything up rather evenly at this pace.
    Last edited by Jayngfet; 2013-03-03 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    something something Jayngfet experience.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Titan in the Playground

Relatring to above post:
    What Lantern corps exist in Young Justice world: Just green and red?

I mean on Green Lantern show there are like 5 known types so far.
    Why do you assume red does? We haven't seen any Lanterns besides the Green in Young Justice.

In any event though, it's not terribly important, since they've never been relevant to the story. I'd guess that most likely Sinestro is around and has a yellow ring (if not necessarily a corps), just because he's the GL villain. The others are maybes.

Anyway though, with that having been episode 18 of 20 for the season, I think we can safely guess where things will end up come season's end. I expect the Reach invasion will be foiled, but we'll only get teasers as to what the Light's true plan behind their deal with the Reach was. There doesn't seem to be enough time left to get that in on top of finishing the Reach plotline itself. Pity, but I guess that's what you get when you try to have a story run for more seasons than you're sure you'll have to work with.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Troll in the Playground

In any case, unless you're doing a show about rainbow corps they're neither necessary or welcome. Doing them all requires you shift the entire show to focus on them and even just doing one extra corps would require like an episode to itself. Only Green with one yellow and maybe a handful of violets at the absolute MOST was considered the norm for something in the neighborhood of about 90% of the DCU's timeline. You don't need to jam them into everything.
    There's also the fact that (either/or) you wind up with the ring-slingers being ridiculously powered-down, as with the otherwise-excellent JLU that had both Sinestro and Star Sapphire as mooks for Gorilla Grodd of all people (particulary after Sinestro had, originally, been shown to be more than a match for Superman).

(And we won't even get into how they depicted Kilowog...)

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    There's also the fact that (either/or) you wind up with the ring-slingers being ridiculously powered-down, as with the otherwise-excellent JLU that had both Sinestro and Star Sapphire as mooks for Gorilla Grodd of all people (particulary after Sinestro had, originally, been shown to be more than a match for Superman).

(And we won't even get into how they depicted Kilowog...)
    Yeah. Before the multi-corps showed up in the comics, one lantern was legitimately enough to handle multiple galaxies worth of problems out of sheer versatility. Hell, the idea that the Earth could even HAVE more than one Lantern at a time was pretty much a major deal.

Heck, even just one Star Sapphire and Yellow Ring being around made them so overwhelmingly powerful that Hal's ability to fight them and not lose instantly every time was considered a major reason he was one of the best lanterns ever. Now that they get a corps each they're probably worse off than baseline green.
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    something something Jayngfet experience.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Titan in the Playground

I really hope that
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lagoon Boy doesn't do something stupid like unmask Aqualad or join the Reach now.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    More than that, the refusal of the mbmassador to call Black beetle was a major mistake taht seemed entirely motvated by arogance and personal distate, not much love between those two to either it seems.
    Would that have really made a difference, though? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Black Beetle in space at the time? Would he really be able to get there with enough time to make any difference?

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Troll in the Playground

The scientist seemed to think he could he could have done so, so I assume the Reach has a way to transport their bettles fast whenever needed (possibly boom tube if they are 'associated' with the Light ? I don't think the exact meaning of the 'not compatible' coment of the scarab about bomm tubes way back was ever explained ?)
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Barbarian in the Playground

They probably had the means to get Black Beetle to where he'd need to be, but I doubt the Reach knows about the Light's use of Boom Tubes (and Apokalips). So far it looks like the Light is pulling a con on the Reach - possibly to get War World (though I personally think it was an unintended spoil of war) but more probably to distract the League and the team and perhaps steal Reach tech. I think the never-to-be-aired third season would have been the Light's plans with Apokalips.
    Last edited by LoP; 2013-03-04 at 02:34 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Troll in the Playground

I'm expecting another Light centric episode now, to close up Static and the... Er... UltiOutsiders storyline and tell us the villain plot. Deathstroke making a powergrab with Sladebots? Unlikely, given we haven't seen any. But it'd be coooooool.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think the redesigned Super Friends (Apache Chief/Longshadow, Black Vulcan/Static, El Dorado/uh... Eduardo Dorado, and Samurai/Asami wuteverherface) are pretty much done. They got two whole episodes (more, even) dedicated to them, and pretty much skateboarded off into the sunset with Arsenal in tow - sounds like they are done to me.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Troll in the Playground

Heck, even just one Star Sapphire and Yellow Ring being around made them so overwhelmingly powerful that Hal's ability to fight them and not lose instantly every time was considered a major reason he was one of the best lanterns ever. Now that they get a corps each they're probably worse off than baseline green.
    Law of Inverse Ninjitsu.

Quote Originally Posted by LoP View Post
    I think the redesigned Super Friends (Apache Chief/Longshadow, Black Vulcan/Static, El Dorado/uh... Eduardo Dorado, and Samurai/Asami wuteverherface) are pretty much done. They got two whole episodes (more, even) dedicated to them, and pretty much skateboarded off into the sunset with Arsenal in tow - sounds like they are done to me.
    They probably would have been another "returns in the third season" thing.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

So, latest episode.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well well, things are really coming to a head here. Black Manta, Deathstroke, that brain-in-jar, and (at least temporarily) Ra's al Ghul are out of the picture on the Light's end of things, and the Ambadassor is on the Reach's end, and we're all set up for the final showdown with the Reach next episode.

Loved the fights, especially Aqualad vs Black Manta. And it seems the climactic parts of this season are being much better paced than last, which is great, though I suppose we have one more episode to see before we're sure of that. Also, interesting to learn that the Light had added a neutralizing agent to the Reach's drink. Should've expected it given they were manipulating them all along I guess, but I hadn't thought of it.

Looks like we've got our season 3 teaser already too - Vandal Savage and Klarion flying off in War World. Oh well, not getting resolution on the Light was expected at this point. As I said last time, that's what can happen when you plan a story to take more seasons than you're sure you'll get.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2013-03-09 at 11:16 AM.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

Regarding new episode
    Spoiler
    Show

Why did the Ligth agree to unmask but not force Black beetle to unmask? He does wear a mask!

Why did the members not put on their mask after when the fighting started? Artemis especially should have done so.
    Aqualad not dead? And he accomplished a fight between them by revealing everyone's plans.
    Fake Deathstroke? Didn't expect that.
    Ninjas attack!
    Ras'ghoul died again.
    Does Black Manta not know magic like his son?
    Black Scarab is Lawful Evil? He used legal code to get rid of the leader Reach.
    He plans to destroy the earth soon? This sounds bad.
    Where was Green Scarab I saw Blue though?

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Titan in the Playground

Regarding new episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why did the members not put on their mask after when the fighting started? Artemis especially should have done so.
    Uh, why? Black Manta was the only one with a reason to, and he did put his back on.

Does Black Manta not know magic like his son?
    Of course not. He's not Atlantean, he wasn't raised in Atlantis and taught their sorcery.

Black Scarab is Lawful Evil? He used legal code to get rid of the leader Reach.
    Likely the only way he could disobey the Ambassador, if he's controlled the same way Blue and Green Beetles were seen to be previously.

Good question. You'd think Green's shape-shifting would make him perfect for this mission.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2013-03-09 at 02:53 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ogre in the Playground

Regarding new episode
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    I assumed he went back to Mars.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show

Good fun all around! Although Ras really needs to institute some tighter security on his ninjas.

So was the plan always to reveal Artemis, "Kill" her and Kald'ur, use the Hologram to drive a breach, then spring the trap?

I mean, maybe they were going to have "Deathstroke" Do it if Ras hadn't.

Also yeah, Nightwing needs to stop faking people's deaths. It's becoming cliche at this point.

I imagine that at some point, some member of the team may die off, and all the villains just descend upon themselves in a frenzy of paranoia figuring out who they've replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    First, thoughts:

Summit was properly lit. Entrances, cool. I thought they brought Missouri-Man/that guy Superboy pretended to be at Bel Rev, but yeah, it was Raj's dude.p

SO MUCH INTRIGUE. Big fan. When Raj was being all cool, I admit I was expecting more coolness and tact. Also, LINES.

When he unCharmed Artimis, I was just imagining "Batman SAID THIS WOULD WORK!" Just being yelled out. He might not even know, I dunno if he Bat-mailed Nightwing how to proceed or something, but I had to do something during the commercial break.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Also yeah, Nightwing needs to stop faking people's deaths. It's becoming cliche at this point.

I imagine that at some point, some member of the team may die off, and all the villains just descend upon themselves in a frenzy of paranoia figuring out who they've replaced.
    This is the best mental image.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2013-03-10 at 01:39 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looks like we've got our season 3 teaser already too - Vandal Savage and Klarion flying off in War World.
    And we know where they're probably going, too.

Spoiler
    Show
    Apokalyps Now!

...also, was it just me or was the animation on the War World's departure very...well, lame?
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2013-03-10 at 12:32 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Troll in the Playground

And we know where they're probably going, too.

Spoiler
    Show
    Apokalypse Now!

...also, was it just me or was the animation on the War World's departure very...well, lame?
    Spoiler
    Show
    oh yeah. I thought it was crap. I was all worked up, and then it's a job done in 5 minutes in Paint. Ruined the mood and dramas, I sez.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Say...
    Spoiler
    Show

so, as far as we know, the only people who knew about Operation Undercover Aqualad were Nightwing, Wally, and Artemis (Plus Kal'dur of course).

I am now picturing The Six Leaguers getting back and seeing Kal'Dur there and Supers is all "AH! IT'S THE TRAITOR! *LAZORVISION!*
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ... So... Black Beetle... you plan to hide any evidence that the reach has done wrong... by blowing up the planet.

Sounds legit.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Troll in the Playground

"Honest, Mr. Green Lantern, Sir! We were flying by the planet and it just exploded! Beetle's honor!"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Troll in the Playground

"Honest, Mr. Green Lantern, Sir! We were flying by the planet and it just exploded! Beetle's honor!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume it'll be more like, "They invited us in, but we decided they were more trouble than they were worth, so we blew them up."

As long as the Lanterns don't learn that Earth rescinded the invitation, it's all okay. Theoretically.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Colossus in the Playground

By how the Reach refers to each other by roles instead of names (Ambassador, Scientist, Warrior) we can infer that it's a society of specialization. Black Beetle's decision may not be the most optimal one, but it's likely that nobody taught him any courses of action that weren't some variation on "blow stuff up" because someone else was supposed to take care of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    By how the Reach refers to each other by roles instead of names (Ambassador, Scientist, Warrior) we can infer that it's a society of specialization. Black Beetle's decision may not be the most optimal one, but it's likely that nobody taught him any courses of action that weren't some variation on "blow stuff up" because someone else was supposed to take care of it.
    Technically, unless Green Lanterns learn to cast speak with dead spell (well black lanterns can but they are bad guys) blowing up the planets works. Dead men tell no tales (except when Black lanterns are involved).

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Troll in the Playground

Technically, unless Green Lanterns learn to cast speak with dead spell (well black lanterns can but they are bad guys) blowing up the planets works. Dead men tell no tales (except when Black lanterns are involved).
    I would hope that we broadcasted the UN decision out into space like we do with everything else. If not, ask the Martians! They know!

Also, I doubt that the Guardian Treaty allows them to destroy a recently aquired planet. Even if they own it, I think that form of mass genocide would be breaking the treaty too, iif the Reach scientist thought that metagene research while they owned the planet is constitutes a breach of the treaty. If experiments breach the treaty but complete planetary destruction doesn't, I want to know why the Guardians are such crap at treaty writing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    If experiments breach the treaty but complete planetary destruction doesn't, I want to know why the Guardians are such crap at treaty writing.
    It's usually best just to assume that the Guardians are crap at just about everything. They mostly seem to exist to be arrogant jackasses that make everyone else look better by comparison.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

It could be a matter of Innocent until Proven Guilty, if they can't prove the Reach blew up the planet, they can't act without breaking the treaty.
    [/Center]

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Also, I doubt that the Guardian Treaty allows them to destroy a recently aquired planet. Even if they own it, I think that form of mass genocide would be breaking the treaty too, iif the Reach scientist thought that metagene research while they owned the planet is constitutes a breach of the treaty. If experiments breach the treaty but complete planetary destruction doesn't, I want to know why the Guardians are such crap at treaty writing.
    The Reach was doing the metagene research for quite a while before they actually got invited onto the planet, is what I believe is the issue. That's the treaty-violating bit. Once they're invited in, they can do whatever they want.

But yeah, there is the Mars problem. They'll have to blow up Mars to cover up blowing up Earth.

... this is one of those plans that ends up with the sector on fire, everybody dead, and Black Beetle missing his hat.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    The Reach was doing the metagene research for quite a while before they actually got invited onto the planet, is what I believe is the issue. That's the treaty-violating bit. Once they're invited in, they can do whatever they want.

But yeah, there is the Mars problem. They'll have to blow up Mars to cover up blowing up Earth.

... this is one of those plans that ends up with the sector on fire, everybody dead, and Black Beetle missing his hat.
    And any plan where you lose your hat...
    [/Center]