New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

Spoiler
    Show
    Strictly speaking, that'd be Nabu commandeering the body, making the wearer into Doctor Fate.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2011-10-01 at 12:24 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah yeah, I don't know enough about Doctor Fate to remember the name of the entity involved I'm afraid. This show is the first I've seen of him in any detail.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Probably the first episode I've seen since that episode with psymon (or whatever the guy with the visible brain is). I still can't personally feel like I care about any of the characters though, for some reason it's not the same as watching characters interact in Batman Beyond or Justice League/JL Unlimited.*

I liked it. Particularly enjoyed Artemis, I know Robin is, like, 14 but they've managed to make him annoying in this episode. Is he always like this in the cartoon? Anyway, love the dynamic between Atremis and her sister, probably the only character I find interesting in the core group of kids.

Still wish I could see more of the Light members, and I'm guessing Vandal Savage is either the leader or a high ranking member because they have a toy of him in the Young Justice line.

*I know, I know...probably nostalgia factor kicking in, and the fact that I haven't watched alot of YJ episodes compared to me seeing every Batman Beyond episode...It just doesn't feel like any of the characters feel fleshed out enough or given exciting/meaningful personality traits besides Artemis.
    Last edited by Elrik; 2011-10-01 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Holy cow, didn't think about that for a second.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GenericGuy View Post
    Okay...
    Spoiler
    Show
    What happened to Artemis? when did she become an unsure of herself scaredy-cat, while under pressure?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well to be fair, she was alone against two incredibly powered androids, had no weapons and no powers and her only friends were minutes away from dying. I can understand having a panic attack in a situation like that.

And poor Reddy. I hope T.O. Morrow doesn't mess with him too badly.

I also liked the Barbara Gordon cameo.
    Two by two, hands of blue.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Not the best episode. I agree with whoever said Robin was annoying here. I usually like Robin, but in this episode he kind of grated on my nerves. I also agree with Mutant Sheep in that I was expecting her to take the Helmet.

I also wondered. Why didn't Robin just stick a batarang in to complete the circuit? Are they still called batarangs when Robin uses them?

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not the best episode. I agree with whoever said Robin was annoying here. I usually like Robin, but in this episode he kind of grated on my nerves. I also agree with Mutant Sheep in that I was expecting her to take the Helmet.

I also wondered. Why didn't Robin just stick a batarang in to complete the circuit? Are they still called batarangs when Robin uses them?
    I suspect because its non-conductive, well thats the simple explanation anyway!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was wondering if she might do that too. Though then again, there's always the worry of Doctor Fate commandeering the first body that puts on the helmet, like he wanted to do with Kid Flash.

Zevox
    Spoiler
    Show

Guess, free will more important than saving them for Artemis?

Barbara Gordon being there was awesome. So they went to the same school in this timeline?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Having watched the episode last night after logging off, my thoughts:

Spoiler
    Show
    Pretty brazen, aren't you Dick?

Artemis, you need either to choose a superhero name or ditch the mask. Using the same name for both your real identity and secret idenity won't fool anybody.

Hmm. That's...well, probably nothing. Specifically, that in every other instance of Zeta Beam transportation seen so far, the AI speaks the name of the person being transported and their ID number, then transports them. The phone booth, however, transported Artemis before naming and identifying her. Probably just an animation error, but the strict quality of everything else in the series is enough to make me wonder. Just a bit.

How did Artemis know the circuit had to be completed? I'd assumed Robin was talking to himself there. I guess they had an open com circuit?

As for the "WHY U NO TAKE FATE" questions, the answer is simple, IC and OOC. IC, does Artemis even know that the helmet does anything? ....wait, this is Kid Flash's souvenir, he's probably bragged to the heavens about it...but barring that, she wasn't even on the team at the time, was she? It's completely possible that for all she knows (again barring Wally's big mouth) it's just the top part of a shiny suit. OOC, Artemis doesn't have superpowers or use magic, so using it would be unsuited to her character. An arrow, however, would be expected to catch her eye...

...and I'll add that I'll give the production team mad props for having "Wally's Souvenir Shelf" be more than just window-dressing. It can be assumed now that everything on that shelf is a potential Chekov's Gun (Chekov's Armoury?).

And the ending...

Spoiler
    Show
    ...who would have ever imagined the Mole was RED TORNADO?!
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2011-10-01 at 07:29 PM. Reason: fixing Robin's name

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #99
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The Bushranger:

Spoiler
    Show
    Artemis was on the team at that time, I think it was her second episode. She gave Wally a hard time about keeping the helmet but still not believing in magic at the end of the ep.
    Last edited by RedBeardJim; 2011-10-01 at 09:28 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I definently didn't think the mole was Red Tornado. I was thinking it'd be Superboy, and it'd turn out he has a chip of some sort implanted into his brain letting The Light see what he sees, and know what he knows.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Guys, the mole isn't Red Tornado. If he was the mole they wouldn't need to reprogram him. Also, I don't read a lot of DC comics but I'm assuming there's an earth elemental too?

And I still think Robin's wordplay is less annoying than "Hello Megan! *facepalm*". Megan's not even her name!
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-10-02 at 06:50 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    And I still think Robin's wordplay is less annoying than "Hello Megan! *facepalm*". Megan's not even her name!
    Er, yes it is. That's the human-sounding version of her name she uses for her secret identity.

And yeah, I've gotta disagree. I'm not even particularly bothered by Megan's little catchphrase, but Robin making up words with no meaning and pretending they mean something - usually without even being clear on what that is - annoys me to no end.

Zevox

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

but Robin making up words with no meaning and pretending they mean something - usually without even being clear on what that is - annoys me to no end.
    Neologisms are perfectly cromulent words.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Guys, the mole isn't Red Tornado. If he was the mole they wouldn't need to reprogram him. Also, I don't read a lot of DC comics but I'm assuming there's an earth elemental too?

Hello Megan! Of course, it is what she is called. Superboy has a weird way of pronouncing it though. He says Meagan. Who the heck is that!

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RedBeardJim View Post
    The Bushranger:

Spoiler
    Show
    Artemis was on the team at that time, I think it was her second episode. She gave Wally a hard time about keeping the helmet but still not believing in magic at the end of the ep.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, right. Thanks. Geez, that long break messes with the memory...

Still the OOC reasoning, though.

As for Red Tornado not being the mole becasue then why reprogram him, etc: they never said the mole knew they were the mole, did they?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, I don't read a lot of DC comics but I'm assuming there's an earth elemental too?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't recall one. There's Red Tornado, Red Inferno and Red Torpedo, which I think is a stupid name and should have been Red Tsunami.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I definently didn't think the mole was Red Tornado. I was thinking it'd be Superboy, and it'd turn out he has a chip of some sort implanted into his brain letting The Light see what he sees, and know what he knows.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, being a mole is actually Red Tornado's origin. But even knowing that I didn't suspect him, since I assumed it already happened.
    Two by two, hands of blue.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, I don't read a lot of DC comics but I'm assuming there's an earth elemental too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hands_Of_Blue View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't recall one. There's Red Tornado, Red Inferno and Red Torpedo, which I think is a stupid name and should have been Red Tsunami.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, there is: Red Volcano.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #108
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Isn't water conductive? I was expecting the water blast to close the circuit, but then it didn't which was all sorts of wtf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Isn't water conductive? I was expecting the water blast to close the circuit, but then it didn't which was all sorts of wtf.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was expecting that too.

And back to Red Tornado, "there is a mole" is not the same thing as "there will be a mole". And Tornado just attacked the team and ran off anyway, making him useless for it.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-10-03 at 08:05 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Well...

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't open the second spoiler unless you don't mind a future episode being spoiled as well as what's going on now: the upcoming episode "Humanity"...
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...has its description on the show's Wikipedia page already:
    Quote Originally Posted by List of Young Justice episodes
    The team and Zatanna are on the hunt for Red Tornado, determined to find out once and for all whether the robot was the mole.
    So....yeah.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2011-10-05 at 12:49 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That was cool. Ending of episode was funny. French brain was just so stupidly silly. I almost thought the ape was Gorilla Grodd. Then I realized he'd have laughed at the inferior human methods, not run around with a minigun.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

I love Captain Marvel. Surprised he didn't try the Shazam move on the enemy (everytime he yells Shazam a bolt of lightning appears above him).
    Spoiler
    Show

So he could attempt to yell while enemy jumping over him or something.
    He once defeated a dude by saying it multiple times: if he was hit, he reverts to other form (if super hero form, then kid form). But the lighting hurts like actually being struck by lightning so it can defeat almost anything.

They did him well in the new episiode.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    I love Captain Marvel. Surprised he didn't try the Shazam move on the enemy (everytime he yells Shazam a bolt of lightning appears above him).
    Spoiler
    Show

So he could attempt to yell while enemy jumping over him or something.
    He once defeated a dude by saying it multiple times: if he was hit, he reverts to other form (if super hero form, then kid form). But the lighting hurts like actually being struck by lightning so it can defeat almost anything.

They did him well in the new episiode.
    Yeah, I was expecting him to say it when
    Spoiler
    Show
    he could talk but was otherwise immobilized. If it blew up the base, cool. If he turned back into Bill Batson, then the collar wouldn't fit anymore and he could say Shazam AGAIN, which would break the collar because its magic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kingdom Come spoilers, if you don't read graphic novels...
    Spoiler
    Show
    He uses that on Superman. The lightning, being magic, actually hurts the Big Blue...
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2011-10-08 at 12:48 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, I didn't know the brain was going to make an appearance, but when I basically un muted my TV tonight and heard a french accent I was like, "Look, another villain I know from a previous DC show!"*

I also saw captain Marvel and a tiger and I thought, "they're going to make a Tawky Tawny reference, I just know it, by the end of this episode" and at the end I was happy that I wasn't wrong about that.

Captain Marvel needs to be explored more in the DC comics section of things, especially his villains (come on, he has a short, stalky scientist, a mind controlling worm, and a guy powered by satan)

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, and I loved it when Cap went home and talked about his day. Grown superhero acting like an excited ten year old. Awesome.

*He was in Teen Titans

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Missed the episode last night, but caught it on a Youtube today.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very good episode I'd say. The entire issue of having the team learn about the mole and react the way they did makes total sense, and was a good way to test Aqualad's leadership and the rest of the team's maturity. Though perhaps it shouldn't have been resolved in just a single episode, but on the flip side I guess that's better than dragging it out for too long.

And yeah, having Captain Marvel with the team was a great idea. I wonder how they'd react if they knew he was even younger than they are?

Didn't recognize the villain myself, but eh, that's okay. For the most part the episode wasn't about him.

Zevox

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I hate how EVERY superhero show has them (the heroes) overreact to a small problem when there is a perfectly logical reason behind it that the guy cant say because they wont listen to him. No, we must all be upset and not even ask if there is a reason. And then there is *turns green* I'm a pissed off mind reader. Meh, I guess I'll respect his privacy then, sounds fair and something a REASONABLE person would do.".
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-10-08 at 03:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I hate how EVERY superhero show has them (the heroes) overreact to a small problem when there is a perfectly logical reason behind it that the guy cant say because they wont listen to him. No, we must all be upset and not even ask if there is a reason. And then there is *turns green* I'm a pissed off mind reader. Meh, I guess I'll respect his privacy then, sounds fair and something a REASONABLE person would do.".
    Spoiler
    Show
    I disagree, this makes total sense for the situation. As they said in the show, the entire reason they formed this team was due to being sick of being left out of the loop by the Justice League, and suddenly they learn that Aqualad was keeping them out of the loop about crucial information potentially related to a horrible attack they just suffered that nearly killed all of them? Of course they're going to react like that. That hits a major emotional cord at a moment when they're still reeling from nearly being killed.

And Miss Martian has learned not to mind read anyone except when necessary - that was covered in the first episode she was in, and she's stuck with it quite well. It shouldn't be a surprise that it's become her standard MO.

Zevox

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I disagree, this makes total sense for the situation. As they said in the show, the entire reason they formed this team was due to being sick of being left out of the loop by the Justice League, and suddenly they learn that Aqualad was keeping them out of the loop about crucial information potentially related to a horrible attack they just suffered that nearly killed all of them? Of course they're going to react like that. That hits a major emotional cord at a moment when they're still reeling from nearly being killed.

And Miss Martian has learned not to mind read anyone except when necessary - that was covered in the first episode she was in, and she's stuck with it quite well. It shouldn't be a surprise that it's become her standard MO.

Zevox
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was less complaining about the teenagers taking something out of context as much as superhero team shows ALWAYS doing something like this and randomly going "I still dont trust you grrr" for some tiny little thing they had a perfectly reasonable reason to do.

yes, was covered in Happy Harbor. However, being pissed=being mad. Being mad=not caring about the guy who your mad at's privacy. If I could mindread and got massively pissed at someone for NOT trusting me, I'm taking more stuff they dont trust me with straight from the source. Also, grr.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

30. - Top - End - #120
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elrik View Post
    I also saw captain Marvel and a tiger and I thought, "they're going to make a Tawky Tawny reference, I just know it, by the end of this episode" and at the end I was happy that I wasn't wrong about that.
    I have no idea who that is, I thought it was a Tony the Tiger reference.

The Planet of the Apes line was also amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting