New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Banned

Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    There's a reason Hamil is the best Joker. mARK HAMil.
    Ledger was just straight up insane and creepy. That magic trick he did still gives me nightmares. I mean, where did it go?

Also, who/what was that big, white wolf that accompanied the heroes?

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

My thoughts on the episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought it was good. I missed the last episode, but I know what happened thanks to this thread. Because of this, the first time I saw Zattara; I thought he was Alfred .
    I think the Joker looks pretty awesome, but I didn't like his character all that much. His voice souned a little too gravelly to me; and I didn't like his laugh all that much either.
    I did however, like everything else in the episode.

^: It was Krypto.
    Last edited by Maxios; 2011-10-15 at 12:23 PM.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

3. - Top - End - #153
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because of this, the first time I saw Zattara; I thought he was Alfred .
    Hey, yeah. Me too.

^: It was Krypto.
    I thought he was a dog?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

(Since it's been a week, no spoiler boxes for last week's episode, I presume.)

The wolf is the one that 'followed Superboy home' after they defeated the Brain and Monsieur Mallah. He is not Krypto. (Kid Flash suggested naming him that; it was (a) roundly panned by the rest of the team, and (b) Miss Martian commented "besides, isn't that already taken?" indicating Krypto already exists in the Earth-16 continuity.)

As for who the wolf is (as opposed to who he isn't), I have no idea.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2011-10-15 at 12:31 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #155
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    As for who the wolf is (as opposed to who he isn't), I have no idea.
    Really? He hasn't been in any earlier episodes? I've only caught a few so I assumed it was something I missed.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

He's probably just the Earth-16 take on Rex, the Wonder Dog.

Edit: And since those two heroes I couldn't recognize earlier are Milestone characters, does that mean Static might show up at some point?
    Last edited by Hands_Of_Blue; 2011-10-15 at 01:26 PM.
    Two by two, hands of blue.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    Really? He hasn't been in any earlier episodes? I've only caught a few so I assumed it was something I missed.
    Nope, he just got added to the show in the Captain Marvel episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Hands_Of_Blue View Post
    He's probably just the Earth-16 take on Rex, the Wonder Dog.

Edit: And since those two heroes I couldn't recognize earlier are Milestone characters, does that mean Static might show up at some point?
    Heh - Rex does look likely there...

And Static would be a logical addition to the team, wouldn't he?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

And Static would be a logical addition to the team, wouldn't he?
    That would actually be pretty neat. Though he kinda would be muscling in on the existing heroes with his Do-Anything Lightning powers.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Banned

Nope, he just got added to the show in the Captain Marvel episode.
    Yeah, that bugged me a little too in the episode. Captain Marvel didn't really do anything except eat some candy. Like I know the shows not about the adults superheroes, but he just sort stood around in that one scene and didn't even say anything. He just ate candy. I guess he helped battle the plants, but he didn't even say a thing in the scene where Batman was filling the characters in. It felt sort of odd.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, that bugged me a little too in the episode. Captain Marvel didn't really do anything except eat some candy. Like I know the shows not about the adults superheroes, but he just sort stood around in that one scene and didn't even say anything. He just ate candy. I guess he helped battle the plants, but he didn't even say a thing in the scene where Batman was filling the characters in. It felt sort of odd.
    I think the point was to show he's still hanging around the team even when he's not their "den mother". Like he said in the previous episode he finds the young justice team to be way more fun then hanging around the league. He's not a member of the team, but don't be surprised if you see him hanging around them.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    I think the point was to show he's still hanging around the team even when he's not their "den mother". Like he said in the previous episode he finds the young justice team to be way more fun then hanging around the league. He's not a member of the team, but don't be surprised if you see him hanging around them.
    Shouldn't he be part of Young Justice? I mean, Billy Batson is a kid.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Shouldn't he be part of Young Justice? I mean, Billy Batson is a kid.
    Not a teenager. So too young.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Got for that matter, I missed Black Atom at end of episode. Did he escape or was he captured too?

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, Joker's voice actor sucked. All the lines were delivered too humorlessly. He was trying too hard to be sinister, without realizing it is the Joker's twisted humor that makes him frightening. Plus, he didn't really have much of a laugh.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

15. - Top - End - #165
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I am pleased that all of my Light Member speculations came true except for

Spoiler
    Show
    L-7, who I thought was going to be a white martian but turned out to be Klarion. I can't believe I missed that. The silhouette matches, even the long neck. Ah, well, 6/7 isn't bad at all.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    Yeah, Joker's voice actor sucked. All the lines were delivered too humorlessly. He was trying too hard to be sinister, without realizing it is the Joker's twisted humor that makes him frightening. Plus, he didn't really have much of a laugh.
    At least there was a mention of multiple personalities, so he might act differently if he shows up again.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

I didn't hate the Joker, I just hate his lines. "Juggling my multipalh personalitiehs". No, you have ONE personality. And that one is the insane one. (Was he quoting random movies though? I got the vibe of a guy who makes random movie references to unknown movies from him.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I didn't hate the Joker, I just hate his lines. "Juggling my multipalh personalitiehs". No, you have ONE personality. And that one is the insane one. (Was he quoting random movies though? I got the vibe of a guy who makes random movie references to unknown movies from him.)
    Eh, I believe it's canon that the Joker has multiple personalities, just not at the same time. It's why his behaviour varies so much over the years. (certainly not inconsistent writing )

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Pretty much my sentiment. He should go to Joker-voice rehab and do more episodes to make up for this one. Why more? There was something that the casting director heard/saw that got the guy the role, he probably just needs to get into the Joker groove.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Banned

Not a teenager. So too young.
    Isn't he a teenager in some versions?

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Got for that matter, I missed Black Atom at end of episode. Did he escape or was he captured too?
    Pretty sure they were all captured.

Yeah, you got to have someone with the right laugh. That, and they were trying to make him too real. Like, at first I thought it was cool he had a knife, because that's what made the Heath Ledger Joker so creepy. But then I realized something: Nolan's Batman films all take place in a reality like our own. It's super realistic with no superpowers. They're aren't any ray guys or aliens or people that can hurl cars or fly so it makes sense he would carry a knife to torture people. In this reality, well, just pull a knife on Superman or any other member of the Justice League and tell me how it turns out for you. I mean, this isn't our reality. He should be carrying like a raygun or hand-buzzer that shoots out electricity.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

I didn't hate the Joker, I just hate his lines. "Juggling my multipalh personalitiehs". No, you have ONE personality. And that one is the insane one.
    Or that could mean that this version of the Joker actually does have multiple personalities. This is an alternate universe from the normal DCU or the previous DCAU, after all. And he did come off quite differently when confronting Robin than during the rest of his appearances in the episode.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

on another forum, someone pointed out that in the comics it is believe joker does have multiple personalities; its just no obvious like it is with villians like the ventriloquist. Multiple personalities is the reason his crimes vary so much; one day his robbing a bank, another day he's playing a violent prank, and other days he;'s trying to kill everyone in the city... Though i'm not sure I really buy it...

23. - Top - End - #173
    Banned

I didn't hate the Joker, I just hate his lines. "Juggling my multipalh personalitiehs". No, you have ONE personality. And that one is the insane one.
    That, or he was making an incredibly lame pun that didn't work.

(Was he quoting random movies though? I got the vibe of a guy who makes random movie references to unknown movies from him.)
    No. There's already a supervillain that quotes films.
    Last edited by Dr.Epic; 2011-10-15 at 09:44 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

I watched about the first half of the first episode and my thought was "Wow, what a bunch of gits." I can understand their frustration at not being trusted as full members of the Justice League, but they are by no means showing they are in fact ready for said trust. At least that is my opinion, I didn't watch any more than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    I watched about the first half of the first episode and my thought was "Wow, what a bunch of gits." I can understand their frustration at not being trusted as full members of the Justice League, but they are by no means showing they are in fact ready for said trust. At least that is my opinion, I didn't watch any more than that.
    Yeah, those teenaged people. They should be WAY more logical, huh. Its a superhero team show, almost all the drama is from supers misunderstanding each other and feeling sad that the other ones can
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Arrow
    shoot lasers out of their ears.
    Try more episodes. Please?
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    1.) They're teenagers. They're contrary by definition.
    2.) They get better. Trust me.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

When? Because frankly, I am not sure I want to wait long enough to see it happen. Justice League and Justice League Unlimited characters had their disagreements, but they still felt like heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Pretty much my sentiment. He should go to Joker-voice rehab and do more episodes to make up for this one. Why more? There was something that the casting director heard/saw that got the guy the role, he probably just needs to get into the Joker groove.
    The Joker's voice actor was Brent Spiner, aka Mr. Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation. And Greg Weisman had previously used about 90% of the Next Gen cast in Gargoyles, so I assume he just asked Brent if he wanted a job.
    Two by two, hands of blue.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    There's a reason Hamil is the best Joker. mARK HAMil.
    HOLY CHRIST I NEVER NOTICED THAT!

I feel stupid .

Agree though, I'm not even saying it in a "he was the joker I grew up with" way. He brings this feeling of a mentally disturbed and bitter comedian, exactly what I like in the joker.

Heath Ledger was great though, only thing I honestly liked out of Dark Knight, after seeing it a few more times.

Regarding last nights episode, I didn't watch it.

Based on the summaries I've read though:

Spoiler
    Show
    So, Vandal Savage is the leader? Or, is he just in an equal partnership with the other six? I noticed Klarion was one of the light members, which took me by suprise (I haven't been keeping track of the show to be honest).

Sometime I think Darkseid or Brainiac will just pop up and be the last guy, it seems like one of these two are always the last guy.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hands_Of_Blue View Post
    The Joker's voice actor was Brent Spiner, aka Mr. Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
    Oh, it was Spiner? Yeah, give him time. It may take him a bit to get to the point where he's a good Joker, but he's got the potential.