Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Sin of Pride - Deathwatch

Spoiler
    Show

Tech Use (1d100)[92]

Fate point if needed (1d100)[63]

Makradon accesses the system, attempting to slow or stop the ominous countdown - and whatever fell device it will trigger.
    Last edited by rb780nm; 2012-10-30 at 07:00 PM.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Standing amidst the gore Conall pauses looking around in surprise as a fight ends without him suffering grievious bodily wounds!

Spoiler
    Show
    Conall can find the floor. Maybe.

Above them the tech priest delves into the data core of the cogitator. The machine spirit an agry sprite of destruction and mischief thoroughly corrupted by the cult. Their plan a devious one. The plasma generator set for a slow countdown to a massive explosion that would tera the heart from the vessel and leave her crippled.

That they were even now approaching the suspect Mechanicus array was not lost on Makradon. Dark thoughts of collusion and conspiracy swirling in his head before he deactivated the overload. "Did you achieve your mission goals" all that he asks.

An hour later it was done. The wearied brothers trudgig from the caves and dungeons of the cruiser back into the well lit corridors, armour speckled with blood, gore and oil as they dragged the bodies of the covern of magos with them past the shocked and terrified soldiers. The strange archaeotech weapons and devices that the magos had possessed for safe storage in the Deathwatch Chapel.

As you enter the arched monastery the peace leaves you content. The Watch Commander looking down from his pulpit where was surveying the movement of the serfs.

Spoiler
    Show

MISSION COMPLETE!

Renown +3
    XP :- 800

Last edited by DrK; 2012-10-31 at 01:25 AM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #393

Silently, Makradon carries his wargear to the forge. With painstaking care, he works to remove the slight damage suffered by the mechanisms and the structure. Notably, he ignores the lost paint and the blood stains that marr the cosmetics of his gear.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Upon arriving, Conall said his prayers and nodded to the Watch Captain. He reported in, returning his weapon, ammunition and grenades and submiting his armor for repair.

Once complete, he reported to the Apothacary to attend his wounds, and finally retired to the chapel to meditate on the latest mission. Each survived encounter made him stronger, and only through prayer and training could he improve his abilitities to better support his brothers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Primary:- Destroy the cult base
    Primary:- Destroy the Servitors and the heavy weaponry

Secondary:- Kill heretics
    Secondary:- Destroy the lair

Tertiary:- Uncover the links from the cult to the rest of the ship
    Tertiary:- Establish if there are any tech-infiltrations in the rest of the ship
    So, did we do all this? I'm sure we'd be very particular about achieving the primary objectives before returning to the Chapel ...
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Primary:- Destroy the cult base Done
    Primary:- Destroy the Servitors and the heavy weaponry Done

Secondary:- Kill heretics Done
    Secondary:- Destroy the lair Done

Tertiary:- Uncover the links from the cult to the rest of the ship
    Tertiary:- Establish if there are any tech-infiltrations in the rest of the ship

* Not really done. you can either head back in to search out the end or I'll post up what markadon has downloaded form their server. Or you can turn that part of the mission over to Holt? And the DH adepts can continue it?

Last edited by DrK; 2012-11-02 at 03:47 PM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Easy solution to tertiary objectives:

Eat the brains of those we slew.

Edit: Whoops, should be in OOC
    Last edited by bluntpencil; 2012-11-02 at 04:03 PM.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

Brother Lexican the Apothecary looks back up from his reading as he sat meditating. "Brother Conall. You bear injuries? Again, so soon? Truly you are a son of Dorn to be so tested."

In the main chamber the Watch Commander calls across Ivar. "Brother Ivar. A word. You have performed well but I must ask if you are concerned about the spread of Heresy and the Xeno on this vessel. Can you feel the shadow aboard this craft?"

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

The Space wolf looks up from inspecting his armour - nothing more than some scrape, a few small tears in the cloak, but best seen to quickly. He nods in agreement with the Watch Commander, glad that he's not the only one who'd been thinking it. "Aye commander, tae be deployed twice in such quick succession, and against different threats too? Seems like half tha crew must be part o' some conspiracy or other if this keeps up".

"Been thinking ah' might take a walkabout myself at some point, see if ah' can't find some answers. Maybe return tae tha lairs we've already cleared out, see if ah can't find anything we might o' missed".
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-11-02 at 04:34 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bluntpencil View Post
    Meanwhile, aboard the Sin of Pride...
    Captain Kuchenko had irritated the Watch Commander of the Death Watch earlier, but, damn, he didn't care: those genetic freaks were the only individuals on the ship, Gabriel Mandalkan being a possible exception, that could be trusted not to be fragging traitors.
    So, he visitsthe Watch Commander, hoping to make a request of him.
    "Lord Commander," he says to the superhuman Angel of Death, respectful as he should be, yet lacking the quasi-religious terror most mortals would have.
    "I hope my armsmen were able to assist your esteemed brotherhood during your battles earlier."

True, they hadn't engaged directly, but, strategically they had probably provided valuable assistance. Of course, Lord Casimir Kuchenko doesn't expect the Watch Commander to consider this worthy of notice.
    "I come to you, believing that the Emperor's own Angels of Death are the only certifiably trustworthy individuals upon the Sin of Pride," he begins.

"There is a plague of heresy, including xenophilia, tech-heresy and worse, upon this vessel. Of course, I can trust no-one, so I come to you to request assistance in gathering intelligence, of all things..." Most interesting. He has come to a group of eight-foot tall ubermensch in order to get them to gather information?!

Spoiler
    Show

Charm roll
    [roll0] 27 TN 72 due to Peer:Military
    The Watchcommander just finishes listening to Ivar about going on walkabout before with a flourish and loudness out of keeping with the sombre surroundings the Lord Captain of the vessel enters the co-opted Temple shrine of the Astartes.

This vessel is indeed rife with heresy. Yes Lord Captain your armsemen provided adequate perimter defense. They executed several fleeing hereteks. Ashe listens to the request he slowly nods.
    We will hunt down these Heresies Lord Captain. But be aware we will not be gentle."

He looks at a "small" marine over Kasamir's shoulder. The Lord Captain noticing canines on the scout armour clad superhuman. Brother Ivar. You may begin. Stop at nothing until this vessel is clean

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

Kasimir nods,

"Of course, Lord Captain. I wouldn't even dream of such. "

Gentle? To hell with that! 'Purge! Maim! Kill!' was his motto regarding such, of course.

"If there is anything I can assist you with, please, let me know. I will be most glad to help: I am shocked and appalled at the previous Captain's inability to prevent such rot from taking hold, and wish to remove it most painfully."

At this point, a Marine bearing three various forms of livery, those of the Deathwatch, the Angels Encarmine and the Librarium, quietly butts in respectfully and quietly, in a most humble tone, whilst still, obviously, making an effort not to defer to the mortal in their presence.

He stands at the Commander's stone table, various icons laid out before him: The Emperor's Tarot.

"Captain Kuchenko;

I would request information regarding one Epsilon 887, a designation being used by one heretek element left operational.

I would also request that the Gellar Fields be ready to be sealed off at a moment's notice: There is trouble afoot there, and I am about to consult the Taror regarding such."

The Captain simply nods. No point in going over the top with the niceties after all. If he didn't have the right to over-ride the Enginseer and find out who this Epsilon 887 might be, there was no point in having a bloody Captain on the ship, he reasoned.

As the cards are shuffled again, the Librarian offers both the Watch Commander and Kasimir a card each.

"Foretellings, mm? My own divination was that I should 'Be a boon to my friends and a bane to my enemies'... let's hope that I can live up to such, eh?"

The Librarian nods a little, a slight smile on his lips. Hopefully the cards would reveal "What heretics face us aboard the vessel at present?"

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, +10 from Exceptional Leadership and -10 from Fatigue, unless we've had an hour of rest or appropriate drugs.

Fettered use of Augury:

(1d100)[89] Psy 4

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

"Brother Conall. You bear injuries? Again, so soon? Truly you are a son of Dorn to be so tested."

Conall gazed stoicly at the Apothecary, refusing to take the bait. There were always questions about the Storm Wardens origins, but none outside the most senior of the Chapter knew the truth, as those records had been sealed long ago. Instead, he simply pointed to the wounds and said, "Previous."

It spoke of the severity of the wounds he had taken in the battle with the genestealers; the unending duty of the Deathwatch; and perhaps a subtle comment on the need for greater healing.

12. - Top - End - #402

++I will be able to investigate the enginseer's decks with the minimum of suspicion. Once my rites of repair are completed, I will deploy there - with your permission, Watch Commander++ Makradon adds from his place near the forge.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

The Watch Captain nods to the forgemaster. A Wise ploy forgemaster. Your knowledge of the Mechanicus may grant us the edge we need.

Even as he speaks the Blood Angel staggers slightly as the world seems to shift and Sin quivers undereath the Astares Librarian. A swirl of shadowed faces, figures and beings ripple around him. THe 4- armed xeno melting away as an Aqlla rises, the cybernetic faces craced but not shattered. Other shadowed faces indistinct and another preseence- cruel and alien still doth linger aboard.

All centred upon a thing within the heart of the vessel. A staiss pod inscribed with powerful wards but the object of all of the heretics and a focus for demonic creatures that lurk in the warp. Something that lies witin Lord Theocles's own vaults.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

Ardelan speaks quietly, not due to his injuries, but due to the import of the vision he had been granted by the Emperor's own cards.

"Something dark lies within the Inquisitor's own vaults, my Lord,"
    he says to the Watch Commander, "...the Enemy wishes to access a stasis pod and unleash its dark contents..."

---

As the Librarian speaks, the Lord Captain runs his hand through his hair. Why the hell wasn't he surprised? Typical Throne-damned Inquisitors not doing the smart thing, and thinking they were bloody invincible.

"Far be it from me to criticise my Lord and Master, but perhaps the most esteemed Astartes may wish to ask him about such dangerous objects that need such protection from the Warp on this vessel... without, you know, the vessel's own commanding officer knowing or having any idea that it needs kept safe?"

He stops for a minute, and wishes he had his pipe to smoke. It helped him think, but lighting up when surrounded by eight-foot tall monsters would probably be a major faux-pas.

"Can't we just fire it into the sun? That's always worked for me in the past."

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

The Watch Commander looks to the Brother Librarian, A troubling revalation indeed. The captain looks down at the Lord Captain of the vessel.

"Lord Captain. What manner of objects does the Inquisitor possess that so entices the ruinous powers?"

Then a whisper to the Librarian. Assemble the Kill Team. We have much to discuss."

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

Kuchenko shrugs, and the first look of worry that he has shown in a very long time appears on his face.

"I don't know, noble Commander. My position is somewhat limited by conflicting chains of command.

That's why I came to you: I came to the conclusion that if the Deathwatch are compromised to the fell powers, we would have already lost, so therefore were one of the few parties I could trust."

His voice is lower than it would normally be as he is becoming very suspicious of everyone on the damn ship...

---

Meanwhile, Ardelan has been quietly voxing his brothers-in-arms,

"Immediately gather unto the Watch Commander. Details will be forthcoming in person."

His tone was ice cold, totally calm, and no details were given in case of their communications being possibly compromised.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

At the summons to the Watch Commander, Conall raised a hand to stop the Apothecary's ministrations. Rising, he gathered his gear and reported to the Chapel.

Healing would have to wait ...

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

"Aye, that would explain all tha heretics, mutants and aliens running aboot on an inquisitor's ship, if there's some prize aboard that they're all after" Ivar notes, having stood quietly by as the conversation progressed.

"If tha Inquisitor hasn't seen fit tae inform neither tha Watch Commander nor tha captain of the ship that tha thing even exists, he's unlikely tae simply tell us what it is if we ask. Might be worth trying though". He throws a salute as he addresses the Watch Commander, aware that the more over-zealous commanders might take offence at any suggestion or advice. "Commander, ah'm sure ye don't need me tae say it, but ye and tha captain are tha' only ones with tha authority tae really ask, and ah suspect that tha captain'll simply be turned away. Sir'".

"If it really matters what tha thing is, and tha Inquisitor can't or won't tell fer some reason, ah can infiltrate tha vault and quietly find out if ye so decide, Watch Commander. But if ye judge that tha Inquisitor knows what he's doing, then tha 'what' becomes irrelevant. All we have tae do is protect it, by rooting out tha scum infesting this vessel".
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-11-19 at 08:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

The Watch Commander nods to Ivar. Brother Ivar. Take your kill Team, neutralise the vestiges of the cult and reclaim the heretical items of technology"

He looks at the Lord Captain mentally dismissing him. "I will speak with the Inquisitor myself." He dismissed the Kill Team before spinning on a heel and marching towards the door, cloak swirling around him, the armoured boots crashing loudly on the metal decking...

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Conall approached the Watch Commander's room, helmet under his arm, when the door suddenly opened and the Commander strode out. The Storm Warden snapped to attention, providing a salute as the Commander returned it and continued on, clearly focused on his task at hand.

Glancing into the room, Conall saw some of his team and the ship's Captain, standing there. Stepping inside, he waited for a moment, looking to Ivar to break the silence.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

The Space Wolf considers his options for a moment. With at least one confirmed heretek element still active, tracking it down takes priority. The question becomes how. Makradon's suggestion is a good one, but there are other methods available to him. "Might be best to split up here" he mutters quietly.

"Brother Ardelan", he nods towards the Librarian, "gear up for stealth, yer with me. We'll go see if we can't pick up the trail in tha lair we destroyed. Brother Makradon", another nod in the direction of the techmarine, "take Brother Conall and Brother Naaman with ye and make yer inquiries with tha Enginseers. Vox if ye find something but otherwise maintain radio silence. If there's still hereteks running about, we don't want to let them know we're coming".
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-11-21 at 11:43 AM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

"Understood."

Ardelan isn't comfortable with not using his power armour, but he fully understands the necessity of gearing for the situation.

He sees about acquiring some Deathwatch pattern scout armour, as well as some other handy pieces of stealth equipment: he wasn't quite as talented as the Space Wolf when it came to sneaking around, so he needed every advantage he could get.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

Mission

• Primary: Find the heretek
    • Primary: Find the Booby trapped device
    • Secondary: Locate information on Theocles Vault
    • Secondary: Make sure the cult is eradicated
    • Requisition: 40

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Conall nodded to Ivar and watched the Space Wolf and Librarian depart. Turning to Makradon and Naaman, he waited for the next order.

Spoiler
    Show
    Requisition
    Godwyn Bolter: 5
    Kraken rounds: 15
    Stun Grenade: 10
    Red-dot: 10

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

Ardelan suits up quickly, switching to the more appropriate Deathwatch Scout Armour. Unfortunately, as they haven't prepared for such an eventuality, they don't have time to find a way to attach a Psychic Hood to it.

He makes a point of taking equipment that will help him keep up with Ivar when it comes to staying hidden.

Spoiler
    Show

Deathwatch Scout Armour: 0 req.
    Camo Cloak: 20 req
    Auto-Sense Goggles: 10 req
    2 Stummers: 10 req

Total: 40 Requisition

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Naaman stands ready, holding his heavy bolter at ease as effortlessly as if it were a lighter weapon as he waits for the order to move out.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

The stealthy ones

The librarian and the scout vanish back into the tunnels carefully avoiding any of the clumsy human patrols. It takes some 40 minutes of furtive sneaking through the tunnels and the maintentance corridors.

Soon enough though the huge generator appears in your view, the room lit up by strange crackling bluish lights. The scene is still one of chaos, expended bolt shells, bodies and still smoking bullet and las holes in the walls where near misses slammed into the walls.

Spoiler
    Show
    what you guys looking for?

The engineerum

The more heaily armoured figures of the techmarine, storm warden and devastator trundle down the corridor towards Engine decks. The nature of the ships changes. Lights turned down very low, the air recycling clunking and wheezing along and the sounds of crew replaced by the binary chatter of red robes tech adepts and their mindless servitor slaves.

As you enter the vast vaulted chamber that houses the controls for the immense plasma drive the scene is that of a giant metal monster breathing steam and flame whilst an army of insects scurry over it tending to its every need.

As you enter many of the Adepts stop to stare at you from behind cowledand masked face plates. Bionice optical systems and writhing mechadrites following your every step until one of the more heavily augmented - a red robed figure in thick and ancient power armour of uncertain deisgn with a brace of mechandrites stands in your way looking you almost in the eye. "I am deisgnate Alpha 662 - state your purpose here."

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

"Brother, see if ye can't find anything in tha warp. Ah'll check for anything ah can use tae track em". Even though this may not be his usual hunting grounds, Ivar is no stranger even to tracking in a space-born vessel - the association triggers dim memories of one memorable hunt aboard a space hulk. He considers sharing it with Ardelan, but decides against it. Maybe when the mission is over.

The ancient hunter goes to work, superhuman senses taking in every detail of the scene while skills refined over centuries dissect and categorise each stimulus, building piece by piece a composite history of what took place here. He sniffs at the air, filtering out the lingering scents of battle out of long-practiced habit to reach for older, fainter traces that few others could detect. If they had contact with other groups of heretics, he'll find them. If anyone came here who was not among the dead, he'll find them. If they were getting supplies from someone, he'll find them. Every faint scent, every worn mark on the floor, every misappropriated tool is a clue he can use to figure out where these heretics have been and who they interacted with.

If he has to, he'll hunt down each and every heretic aboard this vessel one by one. No heretic exists in isolation, all he has to do is follow the trails between them until he finds the one he's looking for. You don't get as old as Ivar without being a patient hunter.

Spoiler
    Show
    In general? Let's split up and search for clues. (Jinkies!)

More specifically, Ivar's going to see if he can pick up any sort of trail. He is a very good tracker, after all.

Awareness 72 (Base 62 + Heightened Senses 10) VS (1d100)[49]
    Search 69 (Base 59 + Heightened Senses 10) VS (1d100)[2]
    Tracking 73 (Base 63 + Heightened Senses 10) VS (1d100)[82]

Needless to say, I'm re-rolling any of those that fail. (Whoo! Wolf Senses!)
    EDIT And one did. To the OOC thread!
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-11-27 at 09:43 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

Ardelan first ensures that he has the luck of the Emperor guiding him. There is no point in taking chances after all...

"A moment, Brother... I must attune mine eyes to the colours of the Beyond."

His voice is calm, yet it betrays a sense of disgust at looking at the beauty of the Warp.

Spoiler
    Show

Right, first, Fettered Possibility Shield... cast until successful...
    (1d100)[67]
    (1d100)[60]
    (1d100)[53]
    (1d100)[27]
    (1d100)[74]

Then... Psyniscience, at +10 due to Possibility Shield.
    (1d100)[85]

Also, Awareness. Could add a +10 from the Shield, as well as +10 from Heightened Senses, as well as bonuses from Auto-Sense Goggles.
    (1d100)[84]

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    The engineerum

The more heaily armoured figures of the techmarine, storm warden and devastator trundle down the corridor towards Engine decks. The nature of the ships changes. Lights turned down very low, the air recycling clunking and wheezing along and the sounds of crew replaced by the binary chatter of red robes tech adepts and their mindless servitor slaves.

As you enter the vast vaulted chamber that houses the controls for the immense plasma drive the scene is that of a giant metal monster breathing steam and flame whilst an army of insects scurry over it tending to its every need.

As you enter many of the Adepts stop to stare at you from behind cowledand masked face plates. Bionice optical systems and writhing mechadrites following your every step until one of the more heavily augmented - a red robed figure in thick and ancient power armour of uncertain deisgn with a brace of mechandrites stands in your way looking you almost in the eye. "I am deisgnate Alpha 662 - state your purpose here."
    Conall gripped his bolter tightly, slightly raising it at the almost impertinent manner the robed figure addressed the space marines. In an uncharacteristic deluge of words, he spoke, his voice gravelly as if from lack of use.

"To serve the Emperor. Yours?" It was clear the Storm Warden was in no mood to be triffled with.

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't know if I need one, but let's throw an Intimidation check in there. TN 93: (1d100)[11]