New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Sin of Pride - Deathwatch

Lexicanium Kol, Flesh Tearers

Kol keeps his grip on the borrowed blade in case he comes across anything else in need of a power field and triggers his jump pack, darting up the transport tube towards the bridge.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I guess you could call it flight, but it's in the direction of fight. :)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Makradon takes hold of the structure of the transport tubes and climbs after the Librarian.

Spoiler
    Show

Climb (1d100)[49] vs 64 +10 (Unnatural Str)

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Caimheul View Post
    Naaman puts a hand on Conall's shoulder and then points at the monitor. He utters a single word: "Ambush?"
    Conall turned, eyes full of hate for the heretics. He pointed to officer leading the group and whispered back, "Capture." Sweeping his hand to encompass the rest, he quickly jerked his finger across his throat.

No quarter for the masses, but the officer would be brought back for to answer for his crimes against the Emperor.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, how's the corridor look? Is it suitable to set up an ambush? How high is the corridor? Is there a way for Conall himself above and drop down on folks? I've got concussion, frag and krak grenades ... I suppose we could set those up to go off, but I'm not sure I trust my ability to not screw it up :).

From an RP perspective, I don't think Conall would high amidst the bodies, but he would be all for gaining tactical advantage. I think Naaman should unleash hell once they are far enough down the hall (maybe half-way) and Conall can jump down into the masses if necessary. I'm worried about the Sentinnel, but think we can tag-team that pretty well ... but a Horde gets too much benefit from it's bonus to leave at full strength. A charge on the leader that takes him out of the fight might be just the thing to break their spirit, but I don't want to accidentally kill him just yet ...

Whaddya think, my brutha from a Dark Angel mutha?
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Naaman moves into cover across from the doorway, but not directly behind it, and prepares for the inevitable boom.

Spoiler
    Show
    My understanding is that we're still in the control room and they're in the corridor getting ready to knock with high explosives. On the other hand, if one of us where to open it, we'd catch THEM by surprise and the other could spray with heavy bolter fire. Up to you who does which . Assuming that the door controls still work on our side of course...

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Conall considered the situation, rethinking their approach. He pointed towards the door, held up 3 fingers then ticked them down before motioning in the direction of the enemy with a chopping motion. "First strike."

Moving to the door, he checked the controls, preparing himself to leap through after Naaman let slip the rounds of war ...

Spoiler
    Show
    Plan - if we get a surprise round, Conall will open the door (fire a pot shot or toss a grenade if possible) and wait for Naaman to light them up. Then, on our first normal turn, let Naaman fire again before Conall charges.

Of course, if we can't get the door open, then it's back to our first plan ... let the bad guys get into the cooridor then fire from the end of the hallway and DEATH FROM ABOVE!"

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Kol & Makradon

On a pillar of flame the librarian shoots upwards straight up the tube as the massive tech priest in his ancient many millenia old armour festooned with servos scrambles up afterwards like some sort of demented mechanical spider. In seconds they reach the bottom of the turbo shaft, a pair of half ton marines and massive power claws and power longsword shearing into the base of the transport rending it asunder to bounce off them then falling down the black tube below them.

The bridge explodes into view around you. Massive banks of holoscreens, dozens of displays and auspex ports and a vast bubble of armourglass in front everything. A pit containing a cowled figure that no doubt is the navigator is immediatly in front of you. The bridge is crowded, dozens of seniro crew screaming into controls and dominating it all in a towering command throne the captain of this vessel. A black cloak dominating his techno-frame he seems almost as much machine as man. The most pressing thing however are the twenty or so guards in baroque carapace power assisted armour festooned with weapons. The captain has only enough time for 2 words... "Kill them".

Image:-
    Spoiler
    Show

Info
    Spoiler
    Show
    The bridge is a semi-circle spread around you with the dome at the front and to the right giving you an unparralleled view of the Sin of Pride and her minor point defence batteries firing at full rate into this hapless transport.

There is a horde (magnitude 30) of minor officers and sensor crew
    initiative (1d10+4)[11]
    There is a horde (magnitude 30) of elite security
    initiative (1d10+4)[14]
    There is El capitain
    initiative (1d10+1)[7]
    There is the Navigator in a 2m deep pit a few metres in front of you
    initiative (1d10+8)[9]

Conall and Namaan

The runic key control in hand Conall is at the doorway in seconds. The runic proximity sensors flickering and needing only the press of a button to send the armoured doors leaping into the ceiling. Outside the doors the buzz of chainswords can almost be heard and the faint whine of multi-lasers slowing reaching full power. Namaan easily sets himself opposite the doorway, ruined computer control banks an easy place to rest the massive heavy bolter

Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free to launch your ambush whenever you want.
    My initiatives for the post-surprise will be:
    Horde + officer (1d10+3)[6]
    Sentinel (1d10+3)[5]

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

As Conall approached the door, his searching eyes fell upon a speck of white amidst the gore in the room. Reaching down, he pulled free a keycard from the lost soul that had been carrying it. Holding the key where Naaman could see it, he moved quickly forward to the door, prepared to open it. Glancing at the monitor to ensure nothing had changed, he counted down with one hand then moved to swipe the key card.

As soon as the door opened, the enemy looked up in surprise as Conall took the opportunity to switch his bolter to heavier rounds and fire unrelentingly into the huge Sentinel, even as Naaman raised his heavy bolter to fire ...

Spoiler
    Show
    BS 42 + 10 (Rng) + 10 (Red dot) + 10 (Oath) + 10 (Semi-Auto) + 20 (Size) = TN 102 - (1d100)[24]
    Damage 1st shot - (1d10)[8] or (1d10)[8] +9 = 17R / Pen 8 to body
    Damage 2nd shot - (1d10)[3] or (1d10)[5] +9 = 14R / Pen 8 to body
    Damage 3rd shot - (1d10)[1] or (1d10)[8] +9 = 17R / Pen 8 to arm

Initiative: (1d10+4)[7]
    Last edited by Starbin; 2011-10-15 at 11:39 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

The horde of guardsmen on the other side of the door are greeted by the roar of Naaman's heavy bolter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[85] TN 125 (65 Base + 20 Full Auto + 40 Horde Bonus + 10 Oath + 10 Range)
    Pen 5
    Damage 1: (1d10+14)[18] or (1d10+14)[24]
    Damage 2: (1d10+14)[21] or (1d10+14)[16]
    Damage 3: (1d10+14)[18] or (1d10+14)[17]
    Damage 4: (1d10+14)[16] or (1d10+14)[20]
    Damage 5: (1d10+14)[15] or (1d10+14)[19]
    Damage 6: (1d10+14)[15] or (1d10+14)[23]

For Unrelenting Devastation double the number of hits so possible total of 8
    + 1 for Exploding
    RF I believe was house ruled to add an addition damage to the horde? in that case: total of 10 damage to horde

Spoiler
    Show
    Wounds: 7/21
    Fate points: 1/3
    Ammo: 190/250 Heavy Bolter
    30/60 Metal Storm (HB)
    28/28 Kraken (Bolt Pistol)
    Last edited by Caimheul; 2011-10-15 at 09:34 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Conall and Namaan

The door sliding open takes the horde of heretics by surprise. The men about to set the breaching charges not living long enought to appreciate their idiocy in not destroying the security feed. the heavy bolter ripping through the disposal team and tearing arms and legs off a dozen others in a slew of blood and fire.

Spoiler
    Show

Namaan Initiative (1d10+4)[8]
    Horde takes 10 damage --> 30/40 remaining
    Their willpower test (1d100)[18] TN 71 (inc their horde bonus)

The sentinel's body shudders and shakes from the heavy penetrator rounds that tears scraps of metal and power cables off the cargo...

Spoiler
    Show

Sentinel takes 12 Structural damage out of 16! Ouch
    It's open topped so you can take the called shot action to just shoot the driver should you so wish.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Naaman's heavy bolter continues to spew death into the horde of guardsmen.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full Auto: (1d100)[47] TN 125: 65 + 30 Horde + 20 Full Auto + 10 Range + 10 Oath
    Pen 5
    Damage 1:(1d10+14)[15] or (1d10+14)[16]
    Damage 2:(1d10+14)[19] or (1d10+14)[17]
    Damage 3:(1d10+14)[23] or (1d10+14)[16]
    Damage 4:(1d10+14)[18] or (1d10+14)[20]
    Damage 5:(1d10+14)[17] or (1d10+14)[16]
    Damage 6:(1d10+14)[20] or (1d10+14)[17]
    After Unrelenting Devastation (if a Pen 5 17 dam hit is sufficient to overwhelm their armour and toughness bonus ): 12
    + 1 Exploding: 13
    Damn I think I don't get any more bonuses to hit from horde size after this...

Spoiler
    Show
    Wounds: 7/21
    Fate points: 1/3
    Ammo: 184/250 Heavy Bolter
    30/60 Metal Storm (HB)
    28/28 Kraken (Bolt Pistol)
    Last edited by Caimheul; 2011-10-16 at 11:45 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Conall liked to go with what worked, so he fired again, hoping to take out the Sentinel before it could be a threat. His trust in Naaman to deal with the horde of soldiers was proving well founded, so each would remain with their chosen role.

Spoiler
    Show
    BS 42 + 10 (Rng) + 10 (Red dot) + 10 (Oath) + 10 (Semi-Auto) + 20 (Size) = TN 102 - (1d100)[95]
    Damage 1st shot - (1d10)[6] or (1d10)[1] +9 = 15R / Pen 8 Body
    Damage 2nd shot - (1d10)[5] or (1d10)[6] +9 = 15R / Pen 8 Body
    Damage 3rd shot - (1d10)[1] or (1d10)[2] +9 = 11R / Pen 8 Arm
    Whew ... by the hair of my chinny chin chin!
    Last edited by Starbin; 2011-10-16 at 06:05 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Conall and Namaan

THe heavy bolter doesn't stop for a second as the shells begin to stack up around the devastator's armoured feet in a mound of spent brass. Another dozen men are torn to pieces, 3 exploding fully into chunks of torn meat as they bear the brunt of the hail of shells. The flesh exploding all around them is too much for their morale to bear and they break and flee streaming down the corridor leaving a full score dead and rent upon the deck plating.

The sentinel hisses and cracks as the kraken rounds punch into the body of the machine shattering delicate machinery and vital systems and knocking it sideways like a punch drunken man...

Spoiler
    Show

Horde is hosed again! Dropping magnitude to 17/40!
    Willpower (1d100)[60] TN 41

Jarring hit (+1 crit): -20 on attack rolls for a turn even if not stunned.
    Toughness (+10 Test) for the Pilot (1d100)[46] TN 46
    or stunned for [roll]1d5 rounds[/roll]

Last edited by DrK; 2011-10-17 at 02:23 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Conall and Namaan

The sentinel trembles and shakes, systems seized and damaged its unable to run. The officer however has no such compunctions and joins his men fleeing away from the steaming blood soaked bodies as they flee away from the cargo containers...

The sentinel pilot, face trapped between fear and maniacal glee jams his fingers down on the multi-laser controls sending a hail of ruby light towards the massive and deadly Storm Warden, massive beams of light capable of punching through a tank slamming into the chest of the Storm Warden searing flesh and muscle!!

Spoiler
    Show

Full auto (1d100)[25] 41 (BS 41-20 damage +20 Full auto)
    Dodge (1d100)[66] TN 40
    Damage (3d10+3)[11] (3d10+3)[21] (3d10+3)[14] PEN 4
    You literally absorb the first hit and take 5 ot 6 damage from the second (can't remember if your chest plate is AP8 or AP9)

Last edited by DrK; 2011-10-17 at 02:34 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Ivar

He keeps the trigger held down. No reason to stop, not while there are still targets. Just keep gunning down the heretics. Ideally, he'd prefer something more discreet. A bit more subtle. A bit more interesting. But this is just a short excursion, no time to pick them off, one by one. Such is war.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking the guards again, full auto.
    BS: (62 Base + 20 Full Auto + 10 Small Horde) 92 vs. (1d100)[5]
    Last edited by Tome; 2011-10-17 at 06:35 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Seeing the group run with the officer in tow, Conall snarled silently. He looked over his shoulder to Naaman and gave a curt nod to the Dark Angel, knowing full well that the man couldn't outrun the heavy bolter.

As he turned back to face what he assumed were the backs of his foes, he was surprised to see the flash of a multi-laser that played across his chest. The stench of burnt ceremite and flesh, mixed with the rush of pain caught him off-guard, giving him pause for a moment. In that second, he realized that the Sentinel had not fled, and that it was still more than operational. A miscalculation of almost deadly proportion on Conall's part.

By the time his system had increased the flow of endorphins into his blood stream, Conall was already moving, his bolter replaced by the chainsaw at his hip. Leaping forward, he let his momentum drive him towards the cockpit of the damaged walker. The snarl on his face was visible as he closed the distance with frightening speed. As he landed, he gripped the edge of the cockpit with one hand let his momentum swing his weapon hand into the heart of the pilot's area ... and it's pilot.

Spoiler
    Show
    WS 44 + 10 (Charge) + 10 (Oath) + 20 (Size) -20 (Called Shot) = TN 64 - (1d100)[11]
    Damage (1d10)[7]+(1d10)[8]+14 = 29R / Pen 2
    Last edited by Starbin; 2011-10-17 at 08:49 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Upon seeing the nod the Storm warden gives him, Naaman turns his heavy bolter on the Officer. If they can't capture him, perhaps his corpse will hold answers...

Spoiler
    Show
    Full auto targeting the officer: (1d100)[93] TN 105: 65 +20 Full Auto, + 10 Range, + 10 Oath

Pen 5 (Body) [Damn, was hoping for leg]
    Damage 1:(1d10+14)[18] or (1d10+14)[24] +4 from barely confirmed RF = Pen 5 28 Dam hit to the body... so much for taking him alive!
    Damage 2:(1d10+14)[22] or (1d10+14)[15]
    Damage 3:(1d10+14)[24] or (1d10+14)[21]
    Damage 4:(1d10+14)[19] or (1d10+14)[21]
    Damage 5:(1d10+14)[19] or (1d10+14)[20]
    Damage 6:(1d10+14)[19] or (1d10+14)[21]

Last edited by Caimheul; 2011-10-17 at 10:31 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Ivar

The heavy bolter rounds rain down on some of the sensor crew burning and scorching them as they dash under the brass shells. The last few guards as the race to defend their officer are chopped into mincemeat, each man taking a few rounds to their bodies tearing them apart.

The unarmed sensorium crew continue to flee towards the heavy doors of the sensor chamber in a desperate bid to escape the avenging angel of destruction camped in the vent above them.

The officer sneers at the fleeing men and dead soldiers before drawing an ornate plasma pistol and cutting loose a burst of liquid plasma at Ivar...

Spoiler
    Show

Mini-horde is very dead!
    Plasma pistol (1d100)[65] TN 54
    Dodge (1d100)[73] TN 54
    Damage (1d10+6)[15] (1d10+6)[16] PEN 6

Conall and Namaan

THe massive Storm Warden vaults up onto the sentinel. Incensed with rage by the temerity of the mortal that dared shoot him and wound his body blessed by the very Emperor himself. THe massive blade cleaved down shearing through the plasteel canopy, the flak helmet and the driver's skull with barely a pause as the cockpit exploded outwards in a vast spray of blood as the driver was torn almost in half from head to navel!

The officer did not flee far. Bolt shells tearing up the wall and the deck plating around him before the last one tore into his spine. The damage was horrific as the man literally exploded from the inside out arms and legs seperating form the magled burning hulk that was the remains of the body. It landed with a faint hissing thump, still smoking.

The remaining men of the shattered assualt team could still be seen some 50m down the corridor as the survivors continued to flee the two Angels of Death, both Angels now bearing wounds and cracks in their near holy armour.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well done. Another vehicle and a 4th horde killed.
    Last edited by DrK; 2011-10-18 at 02:36 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Naaman advances down the corridor, stopping to check the officer's mangled remains for anything that might be of use in identifying their opponent or in opening future doors.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search: (1d100)[61] TN 60
    I must say, we do seem to make a pretty good team!

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Standing up from the Sentinel, Conall surveyed the ruined officer and the fleeing men and considered whether he would give chase. He discarded the idea, given the abject cowardice of the men and the lack of challenge entailed. A task best left to the enforcers ...

Seeing Naaman check the officer, Conall looked around, then moved to the computers, wondering what information they might hold.

Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness check TN 44 (+10 vs sight/hearing): (1d100)[67]

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Conall and Namaan

The two towering marines search around the area. Namaan's heavy tread tudding off the deck plating as he's chased by a thin streamer of smoke rising from the near red-hot barrel of the heavy bolter. Sadly there is near enough nothing left of the hapless officer bar a foot lodged in a polished shoe and a blackened hand clutching the broken hilt of a lathe pattern power sword.

Near the control room Conall's attempts to bring the damaged consoles back to life is futile. The dozens of metal storm rounds having ripped near enough every console into a devasted tangle of wires and chips.

Standing by the doors of the control rooms you can see a good length of the main corridor that runs the length of the heart of the ship. Another large door some 400m to your left (sternwards) most likely the door to the control room of the adjacent Hangar/launch bay...

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Naaman takes the broken power sword as a trophy, and then grunts a singe question to his partner. "Advance?"

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Kol and Makradon

With combat hones instincts the security team are already reacting as the fragments of lift shaft are still tumbling across the bridge floor. The crew, navigator and the captain slower, not as used to direct physical danger!

The men hunker down ducking under whatever they can use for cover, as their rapid firing plasma blasters cut loose in roars of liquid blue plasma flares! Makradon rolls back into cover of the broken lift shaft as the star stuff tears holes in the walls sending molten slag running down the walls all around him. Kol is less fortunate as the sheer number of plasma bolts targetting him send him reeling as plasma hammers in his chest, arms and face burning many holes and cracks in his armour and through his flesh beneath...

Spoiler
    Show

Both were Aim aim and single shot
    Vs Makradon
    Attack (1d100)[85] TN 68
    Dodge (1d100)[23] TN ~30 odd I'd guess
    Damage (3d10+6)[21] PEN 6

Vs Kol
    Attack (1d100)[51] TN 68
    Damage (3d10+6)[22] PEN 6

EDIT -- wrong dice rolls

Dodge against 1st to hit (1d100)[93] TN ~50 odd I'd guess

So Takes ~10 wounds I'd guess?

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by DrK; 2011-10-19 at 03:03 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

Makradon leans out from behind his cover to play the burning promethium of his heavy flamer over the security team.

Spoiler
    Show

8+(1d5)[1] hits
    (2d10+6)[7][7](20)
    (2d10+6)[9][8](23)
    (2d10+6)[1][4](11)
    (2d10+6)[9][4](19)
    (2d10+6)[1][3](10)
    (2d10+6)[6][7](19)
    (2d10+6)[6][7](19)
    (2d10+6)[6][8](20)
    (2d10+6)[9][7](22)
    (2d10+6)[4][5](15)
    (2d10+6)[10][5](21)
    (2d10+6)[8][7](21)
    (2d10+6)[10][7](23)

Last edited by rb780nm; 2011-10-19 at 04:41 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Conall nodded. "Aye." Unable to determine anything from the Xenos markings, the Storm Warden moved down the hall towards the next control room.

Time to see if they next room would be as much fun.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry ... I guess I totally misunderstood where we were. I thought we had made it to the next control room. I wouldn't have wasted time checking the same control room over, given the amount of love Naaman laid down in there with bullet that go boom.

Another question - did the 36 (TN 39) on Xenos Markings get any info?

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Naaman advances towards the door to the other control center, covering it with his heavy bolter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Did the retreating horde leave that door open? Regardless: Awareness (1d100)[89] TN 60
    And for if it happens to be locked... could the explosives that the traitor guardsmen had be detonated through use of a bolter round as a primary explosive in place of any blasting caps?

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Conall & Namaan

The two hulking marines stand for a few seconds in the corridor. The xeno markings on the hull of the sentinel consistent with markings from some xeno planets and writings from planets beyond the Halo stars.

The door to the second control room is sealed. Massive glowing red sigils around the door indicate that it is locked. Namaan glancing back towards their door spies the 3 breaching charges still with remote detonators active but unused partially buried under the pile of dead soldiers. It would be a simple and easy task to reposition them and press the On button to activate them...

Kol and Makradon

On the bridge its a hail of plasma exploding around the pair of marines engulfing Kol in the corsucating ball of plasma. The Librarian activated the heavy jets of the jump pack and bounded onto the massive command throne force sword bearing down in a massive arc on the mechanical bound Captain. The mass of mechandrites, bionics and a crackling powerfist was enough to distract the Librarian and the blow didn't land.

Spoiler
    Show

WS roll (1d100)[91] TN 68
    (parry (with powerfist) (1d100)[78] TN 44)
    Damage (1d10+15)[18] PEN 5
    WP test (1d100)[48] TN 56 VS (1d100)[25] TN 58
    (extra d10's (4d10)[8][1][10][7](26)

The rest of the bridge descended into horrific flamae and death as the techmarine unleashed the holy purifying flames of the flamer as even the turret gunners on the distante Sin of Pride could see the bloom of white hot flames in the observation dome surmounting the bridge. Officers and bridge crew were roasted alive and the rolling pillar of flame also roasted a half dozen of the security forces as well...

Spoiler
    Show

Officer/crew 21/30 magnitude left (1d100)[16] TN 78
    Security teams 21/30 magnitude left (1d100)[21] TN 78

The navigator popping up from his foetid pit in the floor turns unleashing the savage power of his 3rd eye on the Techmarine. The raw warp fuelled fury of the warp crackles around the techmarine, the force of it ripping a sensor operator apart as it melted the flesh from his bones...
    The techmarine didn't flinch, having seen far worse in centuries of service. Even as the blistering warp fire engulfed him he stepped through it, his superhuman frame too powerful to be affected.

Spoiler
    Show

Stripping the husk against the Techmarine. opposed WP test.
    Nav' (1d100)[56] TN 62 VS Makradon (1d100)[57] TN 51
    -damage (4d10)[9][1][6][6](22) -TB 12 (1d10 per DoS)

The Captain turned round, as the massive marine overtopped by him some 3ft. Mechandrites lashing out at the Librarian seeking to rend his armour and tiny plasma cutters igniting. All of this was a moot point as the massive powerfist come bionic hand punched forward seeking to tear Kol's head off. All came to naught as the Librarian was just too good.

Spoiler
    Show

Las Mechandrite (1d100)[73] TN 54 Damage (1d10+6)[14] PEN 4
    Melta mechandrite (1d100)[65] TN 54 Damage (1d10+8)[11] PEN 8
    Powerfist (1d100)[50] TN 48 Damage (2d10+12)[24] PEN 10
    Dodge/Parry- (1d100)[78] TN 50 or 68

Last edited by DrK; 2011-10-21 at 04:04 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Kol and Makradon (cont'd)

The crew on the bridge, a mix of junior officers and senior warrant officers repsonded as one. Dropping a wide selction of pistols- both bolt and heavy stubb types and unleashed a hail of fire at both Markadon and Kol...
    The librarian was safe as the bullets tore holes and sparks in the cogitator banks and sensor displays. Many bullets and shells slammed into Makradon, though for all the effect they had on the millenia old armour they may as well have been shooting the hull of the Sin of Pride itself as the techmarine waded through the fire unharmed.

Spoiler
    Show

At Kol (1d100)[96] TN 28 - (3d10+3)[15] PEN 3
    At Makradon (1d100)[18] TN 48 - (3d10+3)[10] PEN 3

The elite security team resonded better. Half of them laying down covering fire on the techmarine. More bursts of plasma flame lashing the decking and walls around the hulking mechanised marine. The rest drew forth a worryingly large selection of chain axes, vibro knives and chain swords and leapt to support their captain.

The plasma fire surrounding the techmarine grew in intensity slowly cracking the ancient ceramite plating and releasing tiny needles of flame to burn the machine-like flesh beneath. Kol was safe however, easily batting away the pesky humans without effort or harm.

Spoiler
    Show

Shooting Makradon (1d100)[56] TN 68
    Dodge (1d100)[67] TN ~30 odd?
    Damage (3d10+6)[18] PEN 6 ---> Total of 2 wounds I believe?

Chopping at Kol (1d100)[73] TN 48
    Horde melee attacks can't be dodged or parried
    Damage (3d10+5)[24] PEN 2

Kol and Makradon to go.

Last edited by DrK; 2011-10-21 at 04:15 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Glancing at Naaman, Conall saw his gaze and understood what the Dark Angel was thinking. However, he also remembered the downfall the heretics had ran into. Looking around, the Storm Warden checked for cameras, shooting any he found with his bolter.

Once any camera's were dealt with, he would rush to assist his brother in setting up the breaching charges. His plan was to charge as soon as the door was blown open, choosing his target once they were visible.

Spoiler
    Show
    let me know if you need any rolls ...

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Naaman nods his thanks when he sees his battle brother dealing with any cameras while he collects the charges. After any cameras are dealt with, he places the charges across the door, backs away to what he deems a safe distance, then holds up three fingers, two fingers, one finger....

Spoiler
    Show
    So I guess a Demolitions check for placement? (1d100)[5] And I think you said we had the detonator, if not, while I hope my bolt pistol will work

30. - Top - End - #120

Makradon notices the plasma burns reaching his flesh on his helmet display - he is too focussed upon his task to feel any pain from such trivial injuries. Having allowed his weapon the requisite cooling cycle time, he thumbs the activation rune again, once more filling the air infront of him with burning promethium.

Spoiler
    Show

8+(1d5)[4] hits
    (2d10+6)[9][10](25)
    (2d10+6)[2][2](10)
    (2d10+6)[7][7](20)
    (2d10+6)[2][3](11)
    (2d10+6)[9][2](17)
    (2d10+6)[9][10](25)
    (2d10+6)[8][10](24)
    (2d10+6)[8][7](21)
    (2d10+6)[7][7](20)
    (2d10+6)[2][8](16)
    (2d10+6)[2][3](11)
    (2d10+6)[4][3](13)
    (2d10+6)[8][2](16)

Last edited by rb780nm; 2011-10-23 at 08:26 PM.