Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 212
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    OOC Thread

    After receiving an invitation yesterday by Ameiko Kaijitsu, you all sit at the Rusty Dragon for your mid-day meal, joined in company with Shalelu Andosana, Sandru Vhiski, and Koya Mvashti. The Eldest Kaijitsu, recently receiving a shipment of spices and foodstuffs from distant Katapesh, wished some honest test subjects for new recipes, and it's a foolish man who'd turn down a free meal from Ameiko.

    The recipes are up to Ameiko's usual standard of spicy and exotic dishes, and ale is freely supplied to wash down the fiery food. As you sup, you notice the tall figure of Sheriff Belor Hemlock walking into the tavern, and after a quick word with Ameiko, begins to place several posters upon the wall

    The talk and muttering of the few people who are there for lunch, never as large a crowd as those who turn up for supper and drinks in the evening, increases as Sheriff Hemlock leaves. The posters are for the reinstatement of the old goblin bounty. It offers a reward of 10 gold pieces for each fresh goblin ear delivered to town hall, and an additional reward of 300 gold pieces for any group that can bring in the head of Chief Gutwad, leader of the Licktoad goblins who dwell within the Brinestump Marsh, south of Sandpoint. It has been little secret that the Licktoads have been unusually aggressive lately, a recent discovery of fireworks seems to be the cause, as the tales of their attacks upon caravans with pyrotechnic devices have spread. The boom and spark from the rockets frighten the horses of caravan's to do almost as much damage as the goblins themselves. The last attack caused severe injuries in three unfortunate travellers, and just last night another round of colourful explosions burst over the wetlands south of Sandpoint.

    "Them Licktoad goblins ain't never been much of a problem before, true, but now that they've got them damn fireworks, they seem to have found their stones, that's for sure. I 'eard say that they've even learned how to make them, and that they're getting ready to set Sandpoint on fire. Again!", says one patron a bit loudly, perhaps having a bit more drink than one should in the middle of the day, however his statement is echoed and agreed with by many of the patrons. That it is known that a small group of adventurer's departed for the swamp and have not been heard from in three days does not do anything to quell these concerns and rumours.

    You can see concern at these comments in the eyes of Ameiko and Shalelu, both remembering all to well the last goblin attack the hit Sandpoint, and Koya and Sandru shake their head that there is such a threat to caravans travelling in the parts.

    Someone needs to head into the Brinestump Marsh to deal with those goblins.
    Last edited by Pink; 2011-09-10 at 04:26 PM.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Laine

    "If they don't burn the marsh down around their ears first," snorts Laine loudly. "Just short of a miracle they haven't done it already."

    The young changeling unconsciously flexes her gloved fingers around her tankard, then continues more quietly, to the others at the table, "it does sound like an interesting proposition, though. 300 gold would be a nice prize."
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-09-10 at 06:32 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Archpaladin Zousha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Vale of Thorns
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Jamben

    The portly physician frowns at Shalelu's expression.

    "The money is certainly a nice incentive, but even if there wasn't a bounty they'd need to be dealt with. Goblins are a menace, fireworks or no."

    THE TEN-MINUTE BACKGROUND
    Based off of the Minimus RPG engine, copyright 2008 Ad Astra Games, used with permission. Minimus is donation-ware, if you like it, please contribute as per the instructions in the file.

    Grey Warden avatar courtesy of Dorian Soth. Many thanks!

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Blisstake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Domeric

    At the mention of Sandpoint's last fire, Domeric winces, but remains silent. He does not seem to be enjoying himself much, despite the wonderful food and good company. Instead, he just glares at the posters on the wall, and continues to slowly eat his meal.

    When the group begins discussing the goblins, Domeric adds, "I can't believe the Sheriff has such a low opinion of the town guard he's in charge of that he would rather trust strangers and chance with this task. One would expect this to be trivial, and yet..." his voice trails off, not bothering to finish the statement.
    Avatar by A Rainy Knight

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Archpaladin Zousha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Vale of Thorns
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Jamben

    "On the contrary. He's got every confidence in the town guard. He trained them, after all, and from what I've heard he and his men have been good at dealing with goblin nests that pop up. But Brinestump's dangerous and uncharted. If Hemlock took his men in there it could be a massacre! That's why he's hiring adventurers, so his men can do their job: protecting Sandpoint, rather than gallivanting about in the marshes."

    THE TEN-MINUTE BACKGROUND
    Based off of the Minimus RPG engine, copyright 2008 Ad Astra Games, used with permission. Minimus is donation-ware, if you like it, please contribute as per the instructions in the file.

    Grey Warden avatar courtesy of Dorian Soth. Many thanks!

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Laine

    "Wow, Doc, you sure have a way of making a great opportunity for gold and excitement sound like a wallow in a pen full of dire boars." Laines take a pull on her ale, trying to drown the residual embers of Ameiko's fiery luncheon, "All those fireworks must be worth something, though. I wonder how they got their hands on them."

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    "Belor's men are good at doing their job, being guards. And that is what they should be, defenders, here to protect the town and the pathways." Shalelu says mildly, joining into the conversation of her peers. "Dr. Jamben is correct that they are needed here. The guard of Sandpoint is stretched thin as it is with additional scouts upon the roadways to ease the fears of travellers. We could not risk using our own guard as an offensive, and leave the town defenceless."

    Taking a drink of ale, the elf ranger continues, "Though uncharted, and with many dangers, Brinestump Marsh is still visited regularly enough by fisherman, and there are several known paths into it. There is even a halfling who has deigned to live inside the swamp. Walthus Proudstump I believe his name was, he considers himself the warden of the swamp. He probably knows more about the swamp than anyone else."

    Seeing the trouble thoughts in the countenance of her friend, Ameiko stops briefly behind Domeric and sets a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "None of us want a repeat of any of the tragedies that this town as faved. But, as the others said, the Sheriff is doing all he can Domeric. We need more help, and if no one from the town can step up to the task, then where else will we find that help? Mind you, you're quite good with a bow these days aren't you? "

    "Don't confuse the recklessness of Goblins with stupidity Laine." Koya says to her foster daughter, her hands idly shuffling a deck of harrow cards. "When it comes to causing chaos and mischief, their minds are sharp as a knife. Still, if you wonder how they came upon the fireworks, perhaps you should find out. You love to listen to stories of adventure so much, yet don't forget that you need not only listen, but can create your own stories as well. Get the gold and the excitement, and you'll soon forget about the swamp you needed to wade into to get it." She says with a smile that pulls at the laugh lines on her face.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Laine

    "You're right, of course, Koya. And I'll certainly leave out any wading through waste-deep muck when I tell the story!"

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Archpaladin Zousha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Vale of Thorns
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Jamben

    Jamben smiles, blushing a bit.

    "Um...yes, that's exactly what I meant, Shalelu. Thank you. Though I didn't know about Mr. Proudstump. Still, he might be in danger from these goblins too."

    THE TEN-MINUTE BACKGROUND
    Based off of the Minimus RPG engine, copyright 2008 Ad Astra Games, used with permission. Minimus is donation-ware, if you like it, please contribute as per the instructions in the file.

    Grey Warden avatar courtesy of Dorian Soth. Many thanks!

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Hiriko

    Hiriko, sitting beside Dominic, looks up at her big sister. "Hey, Sis. And yeah, it's pretty common for the town guard to 'hire out' in this sort of stuff.

    I'll help out, for one. Don't want a repeat of four years ago."


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Desert Elf Druid by Akrim.elf. Thanks!


  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Archpaladin Zousha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Vale of Thorns
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Jamben

    "As will I. I'd prefer to inflict injuries on these goblins than have to wait for people to get sent to me to fix their injuries...sorry, that comparison kind of ran away from me."

    THE TEN-MINUTE BACKGROUND
    Based off of the Minimus RPG engine, copyright 2008 Ad Astra Games, used with permission. Minimus is donation-ware, if you like it, please contribute as per the instructions in the file.

    Grey Warden avatar courtesy of Dorian Soth. Many thanks!

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Blisstake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Domeric

    Domeric pensively stares into his ale, and then after a brief pause, replies, "No, I suppose he is doing a fine job when you consider that pretty much every malevolent being out there seems to have a personal vendetta against this town. I mean, we've had serial killers, freak fires, goblins, giants, and even that weird sinkhole incident 3 years back. But when the town's really in deep crap, I suppose it is always adventurers that come to the rescue."

    He finishes off his drink, and faintly smiles. "I have been wanting to get a change of scenery recently. This may be that opportunity. Probably also helps that I'm now unemployed..." He mutters the last bit.
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2011-09-11 at 12:43 AM.
    Avatar by A Rainy Knight

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    jjj54's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Kather

    “By the stars and the land beneath,” Kather sputters out, in good humor at least, having downed a second ale to quench the fires in his throat and mouth, “I think that may be a little much for me.”

    Not at all surprising considering that he usually ate whatever he could catch on a good day and roasted it, unseasoned, over a fire. As the conversation turns to the matter of goblins, Kather finds himself distracted by the talk of Proudstump. Though he never met the halfling personally, he knew some druids could be a territorial lot. If some of these younguns were fixing to trek out into the marsh, it might be best for him to tag along as well.

    “Nonsense,” Kather says as he flashes Laine a grin though his whiskers, “Telling people how harsh the journey was just makes the story more impressive later. But, I think it's safe to say that we all could see the benefit in bringing back home a few ears. So what do you all say to making our aims a little more official? Say... Meet here in an hour and see what we can see together?”

    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume a Knowledge local roll to remember any details about Proudstump. Making it untrained though.

    (1d20+2)[7]

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    "I suppose that's to be expected of you now these days Hiriko." Ameiko says with a smile, picking up the empty plates. "Not even back home a week and trying to find a noble quest? Paladinhood suites you. You should take Domeric along with you, make sure he gets put to some use instead of moping around." She finishes with a nudge to the archer's ribs.

    "None of us hold much love for the goblins. I think it's good that you're willing to fight them Doctor, instead of waiting for the casualties." Shalelu responds to the Half-elf.

    Sandru gives a good hearted chuckle at the impromptu forming of a goblin hunting party. "The story of Laine, goblin slayer. Has a good ring to it. But maybe I should come along with you, you've never been in a real tussle before, what if you fall flat on your face? What if I'm not there to point and laugh and save you from the goblins?", the caravan leader says, poking fun at his foster sibling.

    "Now now Sandru," Koya says, slowly dealing cards onto the counter and flipping them over with careful contemplation. "I should think Laine and the others will do quite well without you. Didn't I hear the Sheriff ask for your assistance earlier, something about giving directions to the caravans in Sandpoint today so they can avoid the goblins? Besides, if Kather is going with them, they'll be well looked after, won't they, my old friend?" Flipping over the last Harrow card, the old woman smiles again. "Yes, I think they will do quite well in the task."

    "If you wish, I can meet with you in an hour to tell you what I do know of the Brinestump Marsh and the paths into it. Though I don't mean to overstep if you wish to handle the task yourselves." Shalelu volunteers, finishing up her brew and standing up.

    @Kather
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have heard a few things about Mr. Proudstump. The last thing you can recall was a townsfolk saying, "That weird halfling who lives at the end of the New Fish Trail in Brinestump March raises snakes as pets. I kid you not! He coddles them like my niece coddles her pet rabbit, Mr. Nibbles! Takes a special kind of weirdo to keep snakes as pets!"

    As far as you are aware, Walthus Proudstump is not part of any Druidic order.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Archpaladin Zousha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Vale of Thorns
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Jamben

    Jamben barely stammers a "Thank you," before going beet red.

    THE TEN-MINUTE BACKGROUND
    Based off of the Minimus RPG engine, copyright 2008 Ad Astra Games, used with permission. Minimus is donation-ware, if you like it, please contribute as per the instructions in the file.

    Grey Warden avatar courtesy of Dorian Soth. Many thanks!

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Laine

    "If I fall on my face, Sandru, it would probably be because you stuck out your boot. It wasn't funny the first time, or the fiftieth," Laine huffs. "You'd be so busy setting up some practical joke that I'd have to save you when the goblins take you unawares."

    "Sounds like a plan, Kather. I'll need to get my bow and pack from my room anyway. And Shalelu, anything you can share would be appreciated." Laine hurries out the doors in excitement, but quickly pops her head back in for a second, "And thanks for the great lunch, Ameiko!"

    Laine rushes home to gather up her gear, then spends thirty minutes pacing in her room and trying to contain her nervous energy before hurrying back to the Rusty Dragon.
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-09-11 at 06:08 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Blisstake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Domeric

    At Laine's swift exit, Domeric blinks twice, and then looks at the rest of the group. "What, we're starting right now? I suppose I should go get my equipment as well. I'll be back."

    And with that, the archer takes his leave of the tavern, heading toward his home where his weapons and armor are stored.
    Avatar by A Rainy Knight

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Archpaladin Zousha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Vale of Thorns
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Jamben

    Jamben returns to his home and quickly gathers the reagents and chymical components he'd been preparing earlier that morning, going over his formulae one more time before strapping on the armor he'd bought shortly after arriving in Sandpoint. It's a bit snug on his frame, but serviceable.

    "At least wading around in Brinestump'll be good exercise," he mutters to himself.

    Soon, he's back at the Rusty Dragon, flasks banging against his legs and huffing for breath.

    THE TEN-MINUTE BACKGROUND
    Based off of the Minimus RPG engine, copyright 2008 Ad Astra Games, used with permission. Minimus is donation-ware, if you like it, please contribute as per the instructions in the file.

    Grey Warden avatar courtesy of Dorian Soth. Many thanks!

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Hiriko grins at her sister. "Hey, even if I wasn't a Paladin, I'd want to help you out."

    She stands up, and heads up to her room to get ready. Despite having the shortest distance to travel, she probably gets back last, simply for getting into her armor.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Desert Elf Druid by Akrim.elf. Thanks!


  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    As you return to the Rusty Dragon it is mostly empty, most of the clientele gone back to work for the day, except for Ameiko who busies herself in picking up dirty dishes and wiping down tables, and Shalelu who sits by a particularly large table, with five empty chairs around it, and a large map rolled out on the table, edges held by mugs to prevent it from curling up. The map shows a bit of age, however you can see it is of excellent quality and detail, showing in great deal the entire hinterlands of the Sandpoint area.

    Spoiler
    Show


    "Glad to see you've all prepared very quickly.", Shalelu begins once everyone has taken a seat. Motioning to the map, she starts, "As you can see, the marsh isn't very far away, nor particularly large, a little over 2 miles if you measure by it's widest point, so don't hesitate to return to Sandpoint if you feel the need. No reason to take unnecessary risks, and some of you may be less suited for camping in a bog than others. The southern edge of Brinestump is bounded by a cliff that's usually a forty foot drop into the marsh, and there are three known paths into the wetlands. The first is the New Fish Trail, which approaches the marsh from the North. It's currently used by those fishermen that go into Brinestump, and from what I've heard, lead's almost directly to Walthus Proudstump's dwelling. The next, approaching from the East, is the Old Fish Trail. It hasn't seen common use for several decades, not by humans at least, since it leads directly into Goblin territory. The last, approaching from the South, is a path known as Witch's Walk. You'd need to wade accross the Soggy River to get to the south side above the cliffs, and the way doesn't see much travel, save supposedly by Old Megus the Swamp Witch, who uses it to get to and from her house in the Marsh."
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Hiriko frowns, studying the map before speaking up. "I think the New Fish Trail might be best. We can speak to Mr. Proudstump, both to make sure he's all right, and find out what he knows about the goblins and the best way to approach them."


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Desert Elf Druid by Akrim.elf. Thanks!


  22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Laine

    "Thanks for your help, Shelalu," says Laine as she sits at the table, then quietly listens to the elf's advise.

    "I agree with Hiriko that Mr. Proudstump is a good start, but who is Old Megus?"
    She looks to Shelalu.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    "I know little of the rumour that is Old Megus the Swamp Witch. Though she's said to have lived within the Brinestump Marsh for decades, since the founding of Sandpoint, I have never met such a person. Supposedly she visits Sandpoint very rarely to procure strange items, like rare alchemical ingredients and disturbing books and materials from distant lands. Far too little fact to be truth, but too many stories to be false, not the sort of tale I like to hear." The elf says with a slight frown.

    "Oh, I think she's real enough Lulu." Ameiko says with a smile and casual grace, belying the seriousness that the ranger has tried to instill. "You don't stick around town enough, but there's a good fuss when she's come into town in the past. They say she's got some strange rat creature that she hides in her robes. Funny you mention her, just the other day I heard a goodwife saying it was a while since Old Megus has been to town, and that she heard her neighbour says that it's because Megus used witch magic to turn into some sort of swamp zombie and now she's stalking Brinestump looking for people to eat!"
    With this last word Ameiko jumps behind Hiriko, flings her arms around her younger sister and makes exaggerated 'chomping' noises in an attempt to startle her.

    To these antics Shalelu does little more than shake her head.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Laine

    Laine chuckles at Ameiko's antics, "Walthus first, then. He's closer anyway."

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Hiriko does, indeed, start at Ameiko's antics- although not nearly as much as she might have before her training. "Gah!"

    She mock-glares at her sister. "Ooooh, I'll find some way to get you back for that one. Just you wait!"


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Desert Elf Druid by Akrim.elf. Thanks!


  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    jjj54's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Kather

    "They will be," Kather reaffirms with an easy smile while casts a glance at the harrow set Koya has just played. He was admittedly rusty at remembering the order of the cards, having a little insight into the future never hurt.

    Afterwards Kather returned to his tiny, sod hut on the outskirts of town and gathered his admittedly meager supplies. Considering the size of the marsh, however, Kather wasn't worried. The whole hunt wouldn't take more than a day at most. At the appointed time, Kather was there and waiting.

    "New Fish really is our best option here. At least it'll keep us out of any bogs or quicksand for the first leg of the trek and let us talk with Proudstump. Just remember, be respectful to a point. He isn't an independent warden. It's a thankless job that often creates more than a few bad feelings over time. Afterwards we can try for the east trail take the most direct route to our quarry once we know what we're up against."

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Laine

    "Well, no reason to sit here then. If all of you are ready, I'd like to see about talking to this Proudstump character before nightfall." Says Laine. "Thanks again for your advice, Shalelu, Ameiko."
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-09-12 at 03:36 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Smiling at her sister's annoyance, Ameiko sets a wrapped parcel on the table. "Onigiri and some smoked fish for your supper. Like Shalelu said, don't take any unnecessary risks and come back safe."

    To Dr. Jamben, the elf adds one last word, "Be careful out there Doctor, I won't be nearby to save you if you get in trouble this time."

    Saying your good-byes and packing the supper Ameiko supplied, the five of you set off on the road out of Sandpoint before taking the Lost Coast Road heading south. It's a beautiful day, the remnants of summer still holding fast along the Lost Coast and the fresh air of the salt sea invigorating your lungs. An easy walk, the road winding around the nearby mountains as it follows the coastline for the easiest trails, you arrive after two hours at the beginning of the New Fish Trail leading into the Brinestump Marsh.

    The Marsh is in stark contrast to the cheery weather and hike you've had thus far. Damp and shadowy, you can barely see ten feet off the trail, so thick and overgrown is the vegetation of the area. A hot and humid wind wafts through the trees, as you enter the marsh feeling almost like the breathing of some giant creature through the wetlands. Instantly you're set upon by clouds of small insects, buzzing around and trying to bite, and there is a constant chorus of deep croaks and animals calls, sounding eerily in the distance. Suddenly there's a splashing sound and everything goes quiet, apart from the heavy panting of the wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Between lunch and the food packed by Ameiko, you do not need a ration for today, unless your character is feeling extra gluttonous, or happens not to like rice balls and fish.
    Establishing a marching order and any weapons drawn and other things would be a good thing to do now.


    @Kather
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((I must apologize, normally I'd like to be a more flavourful and exact DM than this, but I haven't learned the intricacies of the Harrow deck and I don't particularly want to atm, other things to read.))
    Suffice to say, from what you saw and remember, you think it was a fortune involving danger, that teamwork could overcome, and a mystery, the mystery being related to treasure of some kind. Or that could be mystery involving indigestion. You were always much more apt to listen to Koya interpret than interpret it yourself.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Blisstake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Domeric

    As Domeric surveys the new terrain, he glances at Hiriko and comments, "Careful now... with that armor of yours it's going to be difficult getting you unstuck in deep mud." He stays in the middle of the group, an arrow notched on his bow, ready to be fired at a moment's notice. Despite the precaution, Domeric isn't too worried; if goblins were going to ambush them, they'd be able to see it coming a mile away.

    It's hard to believe we're actually doing this. I hope I get the chance to show Ameiko I'm not nearly as useless as I was four years ago.
    Avatar by A Rainy Knight

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: Jade Regent: The Brinewall Legacy (IC)

    Laine

    Laine whistles softly as the group trudges down the New Fish Trail, still treating the expedition a bit more like an exciting performance piece than real danger. The unexpected splash and sudden hush change that, though, and she cuts off mid-tune.

    "Probably just a bullfrog,"
    Laine says with obviously false assurance, "probably." Her knuckles clench around her shortbow as she reaches for an arrow.
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-09-12 at 09:35 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •