New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 8

1. - Top - End - #751
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 8

[Alt-universe]

The sorceress opens her eyes slightly as Jezebel nestles her face into her neck and can't help but to smile. They were sharing a déjà vu moment and she wasn't even sure if her future wife realized it.

It had been over twenty years ago of course and Jezebel had been sleeping at the time so maybe she couldn't recall it.
    She moves her hand over her pregnant belly to take a hold of the half-daemon's hand.

"Jezebel, do you remember that morning first we kissed? I mean... for real." Cessie whispers softly in her lovers ear, able to tell she wasn't fully asleep yet by the way she was breathing.

"I had fallen asleep while you gave me a massage and when I woke up I felt your arms still around me..." She pauses, trying to think back. "It was after I ran away, while I was still conflicted." Cessie continues, the words bringing back the memories. "I came back and somehow I allowed you to massage me." It seemed so amusing now that she couldn't help to smile again.
    "It was when I woke up in your embrace I suddenly realized how much I had longed for physical contact after Aegnor and... how much I really loved you." She pauses, the memory being so close that the feeling of her heart racing is back. "And then I kissed you." She moves around slowly and finishes her train of thoughts just like she had done over 20 years ago.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-10-23 at 07:13 AM.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [134 Ninja Drive]

Clarissa sighs irritably.

"Fine."

She mutters. Hey! She appears to be pouting! D'aww! Clarissa is adorable when she pouts! She stubbornly crosses her arms and rolls her eyes, continuing to smile cheerfully even though Dave just delivered an implied ultimatum that forced her to submit to his will. Some situations call for sacrifices must be made. Clarissa understands that logic more than the average person does. This might be attributed to her stature (i.e. people formerly sacrificed animals to her whole (Valaira)), but we can't be so sure of that as to vigorously announce that it is so.
    134 Ninja Drive
    Dave almost dies from Clarissa's adorableness!
    She needs to be careful with that!
    "Give me a moment."
    He goes to strap it onto her back!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #753
    Pixie in the Playground

[134 Ninja Drive]

Strapping the purely ornamental, heavy, gilded family heirloom to Clarissa's back shouldn't pose too much of a problem for Dave the ninja. Clarissa does twist her upper torso from side to side to make it a bit more of a challenge for her consort but not considerably so. Dave may notice that Clarissa's armor is just as warm as her skin normally is. Furthermore, it's joints are fairly plaint, allowing for maximum mobility in conjunction with maximum protection.

"Teehee! That tickles!"

No Clarissa! Don't you dare take steps toward accidentally murdering Dave!

4. - Top - End - #754

134 Ninja Drive
    Dave puzzles over the warm armor for a few seconds before attributing it to just Clarissa being Clarissa.
    It has become the norm for her.
    "Remember not to eat it, that is one of my retirement plans."
    He also hopes his lucky leather jacket isn't gone forever now.
    He gets on his motorcycle and slips on his helmet.
    "So where first?"
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #755
    Pixie in the Playground

[134 Ninja Drive]

Nope. Dave's lucky jacket is not gone forever. In fact, it's already been neatly hung in the closet in the room she and Dave share. Her precious ring has been tenderly set upon one of the shelves in the same area.

And Dave shouldn't be worried about retirement plans in the least. Clarissa is the master of a temple dedicated to herself overflowing with gems and precious metals. Even if that were not so, would Clarissa really let Dave go hungry?

Motorcycle time! Yay! Vroom! Vroom!

Clarissa climbs onto the motorcycle behind Dave and attempts to wrap her arms snugly around Dave's midsection.

"I don't know, actually. I haven't been around the city much. You can decide for us!"

6. - Top - End - #756

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Rael's hand is grabbed without trouble.

"She's the same race as something I ran into at one point. They're part of that culture's death-rites, and as I was told by Daedalus that I'd need to kill her..."
    "Well, it can wait. I just got word that two ******* ***** have been running around my village, killing my guards. And by my reckoning, the most likely explanation is that you went and did something very stupid by betraying my trust and calling for help. Now, care to provide an alternate theory?"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    "Well, it can wait. I just got word that two ******* ***** have been running around my village, killing my guards. And by my reckoning, the most likely explanation is that you went and did something very stupid by betraying my trust and calling for help. Now, care to provide an alternate theory?"

"Well. Wonderful. How about this: Phil's AI put out a bounty on you. And yes, I know this for a fact, because it hired a group I'm part of to do it, though I didn't take that contract."

8. - Top - End - #758

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [134 Ninja Drive]

Nope. Dave's lucky jacket is not gone forever. In fact, it's already been neatly hung in the closet in the room she and Dave share. Her precious ring has been tenderly set upon one of the shelves in the same area.

And Dave shouldn't be worried about retirement plans in the least. Clarissa is the master of a temple dedicated to herself overflowing with gems and precious metals. Even if that were not so, would Clarissa really let Dave go hungry?

Motorcycle time! Yay! Vroom! Vroom!

Clarissa climbs onto the motorcycle behind Dave and attempts to wrap her arms snugly around Dave's midsection.

"I don't know, actually. I haven't been around the city much. You can decide for us!"
    134 Ninja Drive
    Dave checks his wallet quickly.
    Enough money just in case? Check.
    "I think there's this fancy restaurant at the Gambling League of Gambling, wanna go there to get something to eat."
    He thinks there's one there anyways...
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #759
    Pixie in the Playground

[134 Ninja Drive]

"Sure! That sounds great!"

"..."

"What does the word gambling mean?"

Clarissa responds in a perceptibly giddy manner.

10. - Top - End - #760

134 Ninja Drive
    "You know, betting, poker, slot machines, roulette, ect..."
    Oh god, Clarissa better not get addicted to gambling! Gambling habits are hard to pay for!
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #761
    Pixie in the Playground

[134 Ninja Drive]

Nah. Clarissa probably won't ever become addicted to gambling. Gambling just isn't sinful enough for Clarissa. On top of that, gambling just isn't gratifying enough. Gamblers almost never win. Clarissa hates losing at any game for any reason.

"No. I don't know what any of those things are."

Clarissa giggles, laughing at her own ignorance and general lack of worldliness in this field and others tied to it.

12. - Top - End - #762

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    [Umbrella Apartments]

Meli is most likely awakened by the screams and fighting, looking curiously around as she tries to remember where she is.

"..."

Oh yeah, the Umbrella people had been running everywhere and she followed! But she had fallen asleep when they got to the Apartments.

She will poke her head outside the door to the apartment or room she was in, her mechanical eye reacting to her curiosity by switching on heat-vision and scanning what it can.

"@_@"
    Umbrella Apartments
    Due to a tickleglomp, I found this!
    Meli will be able to see many dead employees and zombies shuffling away from the apartments to infect other people!
    There is one zombie left though, one right outside Apartment #6!

---
    134 Ninja Drive
    Dave thinks about it.
    "I guess it's better that you don't learn about it..."
    Vroom! Vrooom!
    Dave is about to drive! Hold on!
    Busy with Life

13. - Top - End - #763
    Pixie in the Playground

[134 Ninja Drive]

... Dave has just sparked the kindling of Clarissa's curiosity concerning this topic. She is now obligated to learn as much as she can about gambling.

Hit it, Dave!

14. - Top - End - #764

134 Ninja Drive
    Vrooooooooom!
    Away Dave drives!
    To the second GLoG!
    Busy with Life

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

[Admer's Apartment]

Admer, and presumably Tinseltwig, arrive here from their time shopping in mallside. Despite a run-in with a flock of draconic pigeons, the walk home was simple and uneventful.

Admer, throughout the entire time has been weighing the merits of having Tinseltwig around. Most men pine over a girl a long time before asking a girl out, and there's a long period before the girl actually loves you. Not so here; Tinsel loved him straight out of the bottle... that's actually something pretty good, honestly.

The apartment is fairly small, consisting of a hallway with the bedroom on one side and the bathroom on the other, and at the end of the hall is the living room and kitchen, separated by a wall that doesn't extend all the way between them. Admer evidently keeps his place pretty clean.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

[Admer's Apartment]

Tinseltwig flits into the apartment as soon as the door cracks open. She looks around with interest. Clean, that's good. It's a nice place as far as she can see so far.

"I like it." She flies onto Admer's shoulder. "There's only one bedroom, which is fine by me. I just hope the neighbors don't just to any conclusions." That's right, no sexy times until after the wedding. It wouldn't be proper!

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

[Admer's Apartment]

Well, that earns a grimace from Admer. He'd been hoping for something like that, but oh well. It's not like he couldn't go without for a while.

Admer will go into the kitchen; it's up to Tinseltwig whether she'll follow. Admer says, "Make yourself comfortable. I'm going to get started on supper now. anything you want, or specifically don't want?"

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

[Admer's Apartment]

"Whatever you make will be great." Tinseltwig flies off his shoulder to sit on the table. She's content to watch him cook from there. "It must have got so lonely living here all alone."

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

[Admer's Apartment]

Admer, in that case, is going to prepare microwavable leftovers. Specifically, pizza. Tinseltwig may enjoy this. He essentially just shoves the whole thing in the microwave for a minute and a half, and when it comes back out it's sizzling hot. Perfect.

He's prepared a single piece for Tinsel and three for himself. He doesn't even expect her to eat most of it though. He normally eats for, but whatever Tinseltwig leaves will be enough for him.

He'll put the plate with three in front of him and the plate with a single piece in front of her, and say, "I hope you like seafood."

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

[Admer's Apartment]

"Seafood?" She says questioningly, like she's never heard of it before. She doesn't hesitate before taking a chunk of cheese in her hand and biting into it. "Mmm, this is good. I've never had food like this before." She takes another bite.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

[Admer's Apartment]

On the pizza is some crab meat and shrimp, along with standard pepperoni. "It's called pizza. Really good stuff they have here, and it comes in a seafood version, like..." he trails off there, evidently not wanting to say any more, "What kinds of food are you used to?"

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

[Admer's Apartment]

"Um... mostly seeds and nectars and other plant things." Tinseltwig seems perfectly happy with the pizza at least. This time she eats more of the crust and pizza sauce. It's really nothing like anything she's eaten before.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

[Admer's Apartment]

He points down to her, amusement in his voice, "You're most definitely deprived. I'll have to introduce you to the wonders of cake next."

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

[Admer's Apartment]

Tinseltwig giggles, taking another bite of her pizza. "Okay, sure. I'll try whatever you make for me." Something occurs to her a moment later. "Oh yeah, you wanted to see me with my hair down, right?" She grins up at him.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

[Admer's Apartment]

"I did," Admer says, smiling. He wonders what the little fey is going to look like.

26. - Top - End - #776

((Harnel's characters should stop inviting strange women into their homes. *shakes head*))

[Tom's Home]

"Well, I actually found the idea exciting. To pretend to be someone else." She explains. "I think I had this idea of trying to understand evil by pretending to be evil. It was fairly important." She explains, presumingly right before they leave mallside for Tom's house.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

((They have a good reason every time though! >.>))

[Tom's Home]

They probably discuss that a bit as they're on their way. Once they arrive, Tom will unlock the door and, since he's likely carrying at least as many bags as dawn is, will put them on the couch to be sorted through later. "... So wait, back in Mallside when you mentioned pretending to be evil. You don't mean... Acting like a succubus, do you?"

He seems incredibly entertained by this idea.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

[Admer's Apartment]

Tinsel twig starts to remove a number of little pins from her hair. Once finished she shakes out her hair and smiles up at him. Her wavy, white locks spill down her neck, just brushing against her shoulders. She waits expectantly for his reaction.

29. - Top - End - #779

[Tom's Home]

Dawn hesitates, "Eh, not exactly. I'm not sure succubuses are my intended 'type' of evil. I think one of my past incarnations had the idea of by somehow be able to destroy the rot of evil by understand why people are 'evil'. To get to the core of it." She glances at Tom. "Do you like that idea though? The one you had?"

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tom's House]

"I like thinking of you in the outfit," he says simply enough, "But your point is more interesting. It makes sense that you wouldn't be able to defeat something without understanding it first. Please, continue."

[Admer's Apartment]

Admer grins at Tinseltwig, "That looks really good. I think I've always preferred a girl with her hair down."
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-10-24 at 08:15 AM.