New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 8

1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 8

[Fettina's Suite]

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Evan is still politely not staring. When he noticed the drips though? He closed his eyes. He is currently fumbling around for more of the pudding to eat; It's working, for the most part, but still, this is kind of sad.... and quite funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Zamira looks at her bemusedly. "At least put your undies back on, okay?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Fettina's Suite

Tina can't help but laugh again. Mostly at Evan. She gives Shrike a grin. "Yeah, c'mon. Just look at the poor guy."
    Shrike giggles, shaking her head, and scrambles to find her clothes...oh wait, Fettina's wearing some of them. So she puts on what she can find, which covers her up probably too much for Tina and Zamira, and hopefully just enough for Evan.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jasper's Apartment

Yeah, Jasper's not exactly fascinated by the tattoo when there's much better things to look at. For instance, that gemstone. Jasper can definitely appreciate shiny, valuable objects. Or Objects, as the case may be.

"Yeah. Wouldn't look half as good on no-one else though." He says, kissing her on the neck, hands deftly working to undo the buttons on his shirt and tossing aside his hat and bandana in the process.

"And one of these days, I promise I'll find the clock that makes time run and throw a wrench in the works. Then we'll have all the time we could want."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-09-16 at 02:13 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Halfling in the Playground

Jasper's Apartment

Legion giggles when his lips find her neck, finding it both ticklish and pleasant. The Lady's attention falls to his sudden lack of a shirt, studying the muscles with her fingers and her eyes.

She leans back, letting him do as he pleases, smiling teasingly. The Lady replies, "You start missing me pretty quick, don't you?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-09-16 at 02:59 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #124

Jasper's Apartment

"Oh, there's nothing like a train ride with a bunch of killer geckos to make a man miss his sweetheart." Jasper says teasingly, resting his head against her chest and trailing a finger from her stomach up to her cheek affectionately, working on removing his belt at the same time.

"Why? Surely the thought of me crossed your mind once or twice while you were off doing dastardly deeds at AMEN? Or was I just forgotten about?" The curtain probably gets pulled a little after she answers.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Fettina's Suite]

Shrike giggles, shaking her head, and scrambles to find her clothes...oh wait, Fettina's wearing some of them. So she puts on what she can find, which covers her up probably too much for Tina and Zamira, and hopefully just enough for Evan.
    [Fettina's Suite]

Evan peeks an eye open when Shrike is... dressed. He sighs and shakes his head, taking another bite of the pudding, "I'm far to chivalrous for my own good."
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-09-16 at 12:18 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

[Haunted Warehouse]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Haunted Warehouse

"Alright, I suppose."

Tom bites his lip. He can't say he agrees with that particular philosophy, or even intends to ever have anyone in his sights, but doesn't speak up about that for now. He's been putting off this whole morality thing for a while now. I can't help but wonder if he's ever going to speak up.

"So where did you plan on having us run this breaching tutorial, then?"

Percilia slyly grins, pleased that Tom has assented to her little training plan. It is sure to bring the pair closer together, at a small cost if need be.

"There are a fair number of abandoned houses lying empty and disused in the Red Zone. I was thinking that we might be able to borrow one of those for this gig."

Houses in the Red Zone are usually abandoned for a reason. "Borrowing" one for any purpose, however noble, certainly wouldn't be a wise or even half-rational decision. You know what I'm getting at, don't you, Tom?

7. - Top - End - #127

Fettina's Suite

"Well I appreciate it, for one." Tina says, smiling a little more mildly. After a moment, she looks around at all of them. "I appreciate all you guys. Being here. Even after I drag you all into this, I mean..." Tina shakes her head and swallows visibly. "Thanks."

Jasper's Apartment

"I wished you were there the whole time." Legion says, raising his mouth so she can kiss him again as the curtain is pulled.

When it rises again, the Lady's straddling him, eyes blank and breathing heavy. She lifts her leg and starts to stand, but ends up slipping off with a clumsy cry. The Lady flops to the rug, hair flowing out around her face, and she laughs. "Oops." She sits up, brushing stray locks back and smiling at him.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-09-16 at 09:58 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #128
    Barbarian in the Playground

Haunted Warehouse

"Fine, but it's not going to turn out 'abandoned' like this warehouse or all those drug-peddling dens or that one place where a guy was running henchmen tryouts, right?" The last thing Tom wants to do is run a simulation and then find some terrified civilian on the opposite side of a door. Or worse, a completely unafraid and armed slave trader.

That said, it's still Percilia we're talking about here, Tom. How would she know what to expect on the opposite side of the door? Even Prime didn't seem totally all-knowing and invincible, and she was like...Super-Percilia or something. With extra-crazy and ghost-friends!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

[Haunted Warehouse]

If Percilia did a bit of research and monitored the building for a few days, she might know what to expect on the other side. But that'd just be plain creepy. Additionally, where would Percilia get the time to do all of that? She's been stuck with NO and Tom the whole time! Well, that's not exactly true. She did figure out a way to found an organization in spite of all that, so she could conceivably have staked out a building in the Red Zone for a few days...

"First off, how isn't this place abandoned? It's not like there's anyone else living here right now."

... Memory lapses. Gotta hate 'em.

"Second, I don't plan on choosing a drug den or burned-out villain or lackey hangout. That was a bit repetitive, sorry. I should have only used one name or the other. If I was going to run the sim in a place that resembled either one of those situations, I'd just save myself the trouble and head on over to the Black Dagon's Den or whatever it's called."

A rather scathing diss concerning our good friend Mister K, if Percilia does say so herself. The question is, how the heck does she know about BDD already? Maybe she just happened upon it in the meaningless babble spouted off by some NPCs when no PC is somehow interacting with them?

"Third..."

"You know, I don't really have a third point. Hold on for just a darn moment! Yes I do. My third point is that I don't really have a third point of which to speak even though I am speaking about it and thus wasting both your time and my own which is a real travesty because time is a valuable and limited resource that most people wish they had more of."

Yep!

10. - Top - End - #130

Haunted Warehouse

Wait, what? How does she know what will and won't be safe when she chooses? Who's to say what's going to-

"...Oh. Oh fudge, I just realized I misunderstood everything you said. I don't know why, but for some reason I thought we'd just be going to the Red Zone here and now, picking a place out at random, and hoping for the best. That...wow. Never mind what I said." Sure, maybe you would've done that back in your time as a MagClone, Tom, but don't you think Percilia might just be a little bit more cautious than that?
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

[Haunted Warehouse]

Just picking out a place at random would be a terrible idea! Think of all of the repercussions if there was actually someone inside of the building! They might get shot and killed and-

"We could go off and do it at random right now, if you really wanted to."

Nope. Percilia is not more cautious than that.

"Just give me some time to ready the homemade explosives we'll be using."

Definitely not. Heck, Percilia might even be...bolder...than Magtok!

12. - Top - End - #132

Jasper's Apartment

Jasper rolls of the couch after her, landing beside Legion with a heavy "thump" as he hits the carpeted floor. "Oof. That looked like a tad less of a fall from the couch." He mutters, between heavy breaths, placing a hand on her side and curling up next to Mary.

13. - Top - End - #133

Jasper's Apartment

"Uh huh." Legion decides to lie back after all, hand falling to Jasper's hip. She sighs heavily. "I meant to fall like that. I swear."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #134

EE

Aeryn blushes, and gives Mike's shoulder a playful swat before heading off to get changed.
    Mike laughs a little as he sees her blush. When she runs off, he shifts his clothing a little. Shorts become jeans and his shirt gains longer sleeves. It seemed like it would be a little colder outside, so he figured he may as well dress for it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

15. - Top - End - #135

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Haunted Warehouse]

Just picking out a place at random would be a terrible idea! Think of all of the repercussions if there was actually someone inside of the building! They might get shot and killed and-

"We could go off and do it at random right now, if you really wanted to."

Nope. Percilia is not more cautious than that.

"Just give me some time to ready the homemade explosives we'll be using."

Definitely not. Heck, Percilia might even be...bolder...than Magtok!
    Haunted Warehouse

Thomas blinks.

"I umm...I don't think that's a very good idea, actually. Isn't doing it at random a bit reckless and dangerous and terrible? And wait, home-made explosives?"

Oh gods, this is all going to hell in a hand-basket really fast.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

16. - Top - End - #136

J&L's Apartment

"Riight. And I'm the Prime Minister of the seventh level of hell." Jasper says skeptically, sticking his tongue at Legion. "No, seriously, I won it from the devil in a poker game. As it turns out, he's terrible at bluffing."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Pixie in the Playground

[Haunted Warehouse]

It might be more apt to say that this situation is going to hell in a hand grenade, given Percilia's apparent obsession with explosives and her insistence on solely utilizing homemade explosives for her personal projects and training.

"Yes homemade explosives! I only trust explosives I craft myself! And with good reason! Most other explosives don't do what they are designed to do quickly enough!"

"So come on, Tommy! Quit whining and just do it!"

Famous last words.

18. - Top - End - #138

J&L's Apartment

Legion laughs, the sound pretty and quiet. "Hey, it's true! I like your floor. Really." She grins. "But you cheating devils? That I believe."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-09-17 at 09:30 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Fettina's Suite

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Evan peeks an eye open when Shrike is... dressed. He sighs and shakes his head, taking another bite of the pudding, "I'm far to chivalrous for my own good."
    "Well I appreciate it, for one." Tina says, smiling a little more mildly. After a moment, she looks around at all of them. "I appreciate all you guys. Being here. Even after I drag you all into this, I mean..." Tina shakes her head and swallows visibly. "Thanks."
    "Hey, I don't leave a friend in the lurch," Shrike says, reaching to slip an arm around Tina's shoulders. Even as she gives Evan a smirk and a wink.

EE - Upstairs

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    Mike laughs a little as he sees her blush. When she runs off, he shifts his clothing a little. Shorts become jeans and his shirt gains longer sleeves. It seemed like it would be a little colder outside, so he figured he may as well dress for it.
    Aeryn returns a few moments later in a vest-like jacket, T-shirt, jeans and boots, and gives Mike an appraising look with a smile.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fettina's Suite]

Evan blinks in surprise when Shrike winks at him, but he says to Tina, "We're your friends. We talk, we help you vent, we make comfort food. These are all friend things."

21. - Top - End - #141

Fettina's Suite

Tina reciprocates by trying to hug Shrike and Zamira, supporting herself on the tall Exalted. "Yeah. Probly would've gone and drank myself to death otherwise." The platinum girl sighs. "I still miss him. I liked having that. A solid thing with a good guy. But I'm just not sure it was going anywhere."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-09-18 at 12:35 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Fettina's Suite

"We all find the right person eventually - just sometimes it takes more tries than others," Shrike observes.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #143

J&L's Apartment

"You bet. It's not even that hard. Devils are a dull lot, can't think of much but stealing souls. Kinda like lawyers." Jasper says, kissing her again. "One can only imagine they get pretty bored down there, with nothing to do but torture dead people and practice their evil laughter."

24. - Top - End - #144

J&L's Apartment

"Oh come on. I think they get more creative than that. Putting cheat's heads on pikes, for instance." Legion waggles her eyebrows at Jasper eerily, still grinning. "They're lawful, after all. I bet half of them are lawyers anyway."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #145

Haunted Warehouse

Fuuuuuudge.

No, no, forget it, Tom. Put your foot down, before this gets ugly. If ever there was a time to speak up and let her know about your moral issues with her plans, it'd be right here and now. So please Tom, please just tell her what she needs to hear and with confidence before-

"Alright, Percilia. Just be careful, okay?"

Aaaagh, nooo! Dammit, Tom! Not what you were supposed to say at all!
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-09-18 at 04:30 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

26. - Top - End - #146
    Pixie in the Playground

[Haunted Warehouse]

Tom just gave Percilia his approval to make homemade bombs! Hooray! Now something is definitely going to get all blowed up.

"Follow me to the bathroom and I'll show you how to concoct nitroglycerin."

In the bathroom!

Tom, I think there's something you really should say about this process right now before it gets too out of hand because this is a very, very bad idea.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-09-18 at 04:51 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147

Haunted Warehouse

"Percilia, I'm a doctor. I technically didn't take the oath, but I still don't think...I mean, I really can't...I just can't see myself making bombs for a random assault on what might be an occupied building full of innocent people who could get wounded or killed. Even assuming we don't hurt anyone, won't the local law have a thing or two to say about it?"

Tom, dammit. You're supposed to try to talk her out of this plan, not just talk your way out of learning how to build bombs! Aaagh, this is going to go terribly!
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

28. - Top - End - #148
    Pixie in the Playground

[Haunted Warehouse]

Tom isn't trying to back out of Percilia's bomb assembly training, is he? Doesn't he know how sad that would make Percilia?

"If you don't want to do this, you just have to tell me."

Percilia stares intently at the ground, not doing anything to hide the fact that she is more than a little disappointed. This experience was supposed to bring Tom and Percilia closer together, and now he's bailing!

Sad day. Sad.

Remember that Percilia spent most of her youth performing activities related to the art and execution of warfare. She finds them fun, oddly enough.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Fettina's Suite

Tina reciprocates by trying to hug Shrike and Zamira, supporting herself on the tall Exalted. "Yeah. Probly would've gone and drank myself to death otherwise." The platinum girl sighs. "I still miss him. I liked having that. A solid thing with a good guy. But I'm just not sure it was going anywhere."
    Fettina's Suite

"We all find the right person eventually - just sometimes it takes more tries than others," Shrike observes.
    [Fettina's Suite]

Evan smiles, glad that Fettina was feeling better. He sighs, thinking if he might fit into what Tina wants. Sure, he was solid and all that, but there was always that doubt that he was actually a good guy. Whatever, it's not like she was asking him to be her boyfriend right here and now anyways. So, for now, he just eats his pudding and looks pensive.

30. - Top - End - #150

Haunted Warehouse

Tom sighs. "I'm sorry, but I don't. It's nothing against you, I just...I'm not good with violence and explosions and chaos. I'd really just rather avoid it all when possible, and..."

Wait, now you're apologizing for not wanting to engineer bombs in the bathroom and go on a psudeo-raid against a bunch of terrified homeless people in a smelly abandoned building, get captured by Remnant, and end up on that godsawful Penal Company led by that insane Jyarl guy?

"What if we worked on something simpler, like...I dunno, shooting from cover, or close-range defensive stuff or something? I don't think we're really going to be assaulting anything directly, but if some insane, pumpkin-headed serial killer tries to jump us in the street I'd like to be ready for it."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson