New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLI: eXtra Large Injury

Main Room

"Aww Sug, that's cute and all, but do you really want to hurt little old me?" she chews on her thumbnail adorably, and around her a wailing wall of desperate souls fades into existence. Some of them flit past Zefir's ears and rest on his shoulders, murmuring and moaning at him.

"Please don't kill us. Protect us. Don't kill me. Bring no harm. Please, please please." on and on in an endless sanity smothering loop. They seem to be appealing to his very soul, and he should begin to feel pity for the creature before him.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Main Room

Prometheus is grabbed, releasing the longsword, and steel claws spring from his fingers. Snarling, he tries to tear open Jakob's chest, his claws every bit as sharp as the longsword, and rip out the thug's heart.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #303

[Main Room]

For a moment it seems like he holds down this weapon, but then the vampire thing starts ti com closer.

"Screw the rules."

He holds up aim fast and shoots. the rocket flying over to the succubus. (Don't worry this is not a lethal rocket and never was)

After the shot he throws the rocket launcher against Karyana and makes some steps back.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

The launcher doesn't really impede Karyana; she's moving superhumanly fast, so she has a good amount of momentum on her side, and it's not really harmful through the scales.

5. - Top - End - #305

Main Room

(Julie)

The succubus will attempt to wrap her arms around Stu and dive off the couch, dragging him with her unless he gets free of her grasp. Then she'll release him and draw her fencing foil. "Now I'm sure you didn't mean that Sug, why can't we all play nice and talk about this huh? I'll be sure to make it worth your while..."

(Jakob)

Jakob yells out gleefully and fling his other arm to the side, hurling the sword out of his wound and to a far corner of the room, before wrapping it over his other arm to apply more pressure to the hold. He's trying to pin Prometheus' arms and crush his ribs. The claws do a respectable amount of superficial damage, quickly pulling away the charred flesh before meeting a wall of muscle that slows their progress significantly. It may take awhile to reach the heart at this rate.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #306

Main Room

There's a crunching sound like bones dislocating, and Prometheus grimaces, using his smaller size to his advantage in order to twist out of the bear hug, landing on his feet and dodging back. Kay, attacking Jakob appears to be pointless, but his armor is apparently some sort sort of weak spot.

Prometheus draws and unpins a flash grenade, and waits.

7. - Top - End - #307

Main Room

I'm not certain how Prometheus figured that out, but I'm willing to handwave since Jakob gave him a fairly big clue.

Jakob seems very pleased with this fight, the wounds on his chest and arm bleeding heavily. "Girly Man is not quite so girly, if he is willing to get his hands dirty now and then." Jakob plants a massive hand to either side of himself and slams them into the floor, grabbing great fistfuls of carpet and stone before stepping back a few paces into a crouch. Then he slings himself forward like a cannonball shot from a great russian bombard, flying feet first at his opponent.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

((Way to wait for me, guys...))

Main Room

When the shrapnel flies past Cyrus' head, he makes his move. To all appearances, a piece of shrapnel flies right into the soul jars, shattering them both and disrupting Cyrus spell, resulting in a blast of Hellfire directly to his own face.

In reality, Cyrus attempts to teleport both Soul Jars to the Ebon Citadel (Cyrus' Fortress in Outside), leaving the illusions behind to be shattered and fade away, scattered to fine dust by the burst of hellfire (which really did backfire) and the Shrapnel Blast.

"You bastard! The souls are lost!"

9. - Top - End - #309
    Banned

Main Room

Suddenly, A Fish Bowl Flying via A Propeller Beanie with Lazer Guns Attached the Side, Appears in A Green Blast of Teleportation Energy..

"Glub."

This is Not McDonalds....

... It is Fisheh, Chez's Flying Robo-goldfish Of Death!
    Last edited by Chezmarine; 2011-09-19 at 01:57 PM.

10. - Top - End - #310

Main Room

Yeah, Jakob did kind of give the game away. Plus, Prometheus is used to fighting people who's powers come from artifacts.

Prometheus's spine currently feels like it was used as an accordion, his vertebrae screaming in pain, so he simply allows himself to drop to the ground so that Jakob sails over his head, hurling the flash bomb after the hulking goliath.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

((Wait, AMEN isn't dimension locked? I'd been assuming it was, as that tend to be the standard thing for something like this. In that case...))

Midflight, a pair of swords, sheathed and hanging on a belt, writhe into existence around Karyana's waist. She doesn't draw them just yet, though.

12. - Top - End - #312

Main Room

Jakob, in an amazing feat of dexterity, crashes into a wall. The grenade is snatched out of the air, crushed, and detonates in his fist. The burst of light doesn't appear to do anything, but the ringing sound (standard flash grenades are usually flashbangs, which are more effective so I'm assuming this is what he threw) appears to disorient him temporarily. As such, he doesn't approach at his normal insane speeds, but rather lurches towards the prone Prometheus, wobbling slightly. He raises a mighty fist.

"Was good fight friend. Do you yield, or does Jakob use you to baste his souvlaki?"

13. - Top - End - #313
    Banned

The Fisheh, Unsure of What To Do, Accidentally Shoots Jakob With A Laser...

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Main Room]

Cyrus has stood by this point, and decides to intervene, pointing his (now empty) hands a Jakob, blazing with Blightning.

"That wouldn't be wise. We may have lost our bargaining chip, but we're not going to lose Prometheus as well, on the off chance you are capable of hurting him."
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2011-09-19 at 02:27 PM.

15. - Top - End - #315

Main Room

The laser tags Jakob in the side of the head, and a faint smell of bacon sizzles up as it scores a shallow dime sized hole above his ear. He twitches his head to the side to let it pass him, and it draws a line back across his bald head.

Then he grins down at Cyrus, puffing out his chest in a way that sends blood spurting out of the ruined hole above his heart.

"World Ender is forgetting that it was Girly Man who is losing your barganing chips. But no matter, Jakob will play with World Ender later, I am wanting to hear Girly Man's answer. Then we shall see if you can dance with a bull."

16. - Top - End - #316

Main Room

Prometheus is already back on his feet by the time Jakob hits the wall. "I have no intention of backing down, and I certainly won't be losing to you. You can surrender though, and you will if you're a wise man. Which I doubt." He says, at the same time taking advantage of Jakob's distraction and disorientation to lunge at the unbodied, attempting to tear the chains on Jakob's chest to shreds with a swipe of his razor sharp claws.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Main Room

(Julie)

The succubus will attempt to wrap her arms around Stu and dive off the couch, dragging him with her unless he gets free of her grasp. Then she'll release him and draw her fencing foil. "Now I'm sure you didn't mean that Sug, why can't we all play nice and talk about this huh? I'll be sure to make it worth your while..."
    Stu is dived out of the way!
    And here he was going to be all noble and throw her out of the way instead. Oh well. He's ok with not being in the way of a rocket. For lots of reasons. Ok, not really. Pain is pretty much the only reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #318

Main Room

Jakob loses five links of chain, but this doesn't seem to slow him down noticably. The pain of it knocks him out of of funk, and he reaches up and tries to grab Prometheus by the wrists as they pass across his chest. If he gets him, he'll try to break Prometheus' arms like twigs

"You have much to learn friend. We Fiske have a saying. Whenever you're in trouble, Mama Rita will be there."

What's this? An unexepected power boost! Jakob's muscles bulge and knot, veins sticking out around his neck and his forehead breaking out into sweat. Ladies and gentleman, I think you got him angry.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-09-19 at 04:12 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319

Main Room

Magtok raises an eyebrow from his seat on the couch at the ensuing nonsense and violence all about. Gods, why did they always get like this? And right in the middle of a new episode of Dodecahedron of Fortune, too!

"Guys? Umm...guys? Wouldn't it be a much better idea to stage fights like this...I dunno, outside? The TV gets broken so often it's a running joke now, and you slack-jawed nincompoops aren't helping matters."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

20. - Top - End - #320

Main Room

The rocket is indeed a glue roket and it should cover the succubus in it's glue, what would cause her to be immobolized. It's up to reinhold if Stu may also got hit. Oh and you smell that? Smells like oil or something.

So Zefir has no chance to escape the vampire, but befor he got graped by him he was able to grab into his back. He picked up a holy grenade and the vampite should feel that this yellow ball with white strings may cause a real thread to him.. and I don't talk about the explosion here.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #321
    Banned

The Mainroom

The Fish Shoots Even More Lasers at Jakob.

"Glub!"

COME GET SOME!

22. - Top - End - #322

(Jakob)

The lasers hit him, doing the same tiny amounts of damage that the first one did.

(Julie)

Well since she dodged, I'm going to say the the glue/oil hit her in the back and gummed up her wings, otherwise she's still mobile.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

Main Room

Magtok raises an eyebrow from his seat on the couch at the ensuing nonsense and violence all about. Gods, why did they always get like this? And right in the middle of a new episode of Dodecahedron of Fortune, too!

"Guys? Umm...guys? Wouldn't it be a much better idea to stage fights like this...I dunno, outside? The TV gets broken so often it's a running joke now, and you slack-jawed nincompoops aren't helping matters."
    "Dude, the tv getting broken has been a running joke for threads now. Where have you been?" Moff asks, giving Magtok the perfect opportunity to tell all his buddies at AMEN about his new place with all the shiny breakable stuff.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #324
    Banned

The Fish, Realizing That His Laser Had Been Tuned To Fight Other Fish, Dials Up The Power... It Will Now Take Significantly Longer For The Fish To Charge His Lasers now....

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Main Room

The rocket is indeed a glue roket and it should cover the succubus in it's glue, what would cause her to be immobolized. It's up to reinhold if Stu may also got hit. Oh and you smell that? Smells like oil or something.

So Zefir has no chance to escape the vampire, but befor he got graped by him he was able to grab into his back. He picked up a holy grenade and the vampite should feel that this yellow ball with white strings may cause a real thread to him.. and I don't talk about the explosion here.
    Unless it's been blessed a priest of Storis, Nurgle, Khorne, Vradin or Faer'dul, Karyana is immune to holy energy, being magically created and under the protection of the Lord of Undead.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Well since Stu was practically thrown off, I suppose the succubus took the glue for him. Yay.

"I like a girl on top."
    And pretty much every other position. Ever.

Course, she's busy getting all violent with the glue rocket guy.
    "Why does everyone always want to murder everyone else? This is not very conducive for getting it on."
    Stu stands up and brushes himself off.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

27. - Top - End - #327

Main Room

"Beats me hun, I'm a lover, not a fighter." Julie beats her wings experimentally, but they're stuck firmly behind her. She'll raise her sword up to a ready position, waiting to see what happens next.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Banned

The Fish Fired A Giant Laser At Jakob.

"GlubBLLLAAARGGGG!"

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Main Room]

World Ender?

Cyrus gawks at the sheer audacity.

I take offense to that. World Ender implies that I've actually, you know, abused my power to actually destroy a world. That is false.

Cyrus allows the Blightning to arc out at Jakob, with ferocious intensity. It likely gives him a nasty shock, which while it probably won't do serious damage to someone as tough as Jakob, should at least distract him. It's more dangerous effect might be the fact that it inflicts grievous injury to the psyche of those it affects, through a method that can only adequately be described as mindrape.

I've destroyed nations, people, and everything in between. But I have SOME standards.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2011-09-19 at 06:00 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Banned

The Fish Flies Over To Cyrus And Lands On His Head....

"Glub?"

Shall i Distract him While you Kill him with your Awesome god powers....?