New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLI

Prometheus's Lab

About now Sarah starts to come to. She's groaning a bit. Probably has to do with being impaled twice.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Prometheus's Lab

"And who runs this organization? How well funded is it? How many members does it have?"

"Some ghost. He doesn't confide in me about the finances or the number of members, but I've met two others besides Sarah."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Prometheus's Lab

"Really. Well, thank you, I suppose. You've given me no information worth your release, but useful nonetheless. I do have one last question though. These Tire-Geal you created, where are they?"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

There're balconies overlooking the main room, yes? Yes, of course there are. Well, The Moff's standing on one, holding a golf club. Or rather, swinging a golf club, at a golf ball. Which goes sailing out into the main room, hitting DarkRed square in the forehead.
    "Of all the humiliation... this is easily in the top 20.
    The henchman doesn't move, though, just rubs his head and glares up at the balcony, where The Moff's leaning against the wall and Cyan's selecting a club.
    "Now, Cyan, I expect competition. So ya hit him on yer first, oh, two tries or I throw you off this here balcony, we clear?"

The henchman shudders, and with an apologetic look at DarkRed, takes a swing...
    Last edited by Moff Chumley; 2011-09-12 at 06:31 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prometheus's Lab

Sarah starts groaning a bit louder as her eyes begin to flutter open.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

Main Room

Magtok rolls his eye. "Only reason I'm not getting any is because I have standards, unlike some of us who just throw themselves at anyone with blood in the membership archives and a functioning libido. Have to show some restraint and dignity, or I'd wind up in bed with every single personification of death, clone of Moff, Imperial head of state, pharmacy worker, and alien conquistador who showed up at my MagCave entrance with a smile and a negligee."

He reaches into his robe, pulls out a list, and runs a finger up and down it to make sure he didn't miss anyone on his "OH JEGUS CHRIST STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THESE WOMEN" list. "And it's totally why she's in power. Gordon never would've gone along with a treaty if it was Vyrn sitting at the head of that table, nor would he allow Vyrn around in an official advisory position, either. Besides, Nexus conquest is the very last thing I'd ever want. She's got plenty of power, but all the rules and regulations and self-imposed limits that come with it are just ridiculous. Blegh. Already did all that once, and I'm sure you can look up a backstory summary of mine somewhere if you want to see how badly that little misadventure went."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

Suddenly a portal to the Yellow Road opens and dumps a Moff out and onto Maggy's lap. "Did someone say 'in bed with Moff'?"

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Room]

"Mmm. If you say so."

Pink doesn't sound too convinced. She raises an eyebrow at the Moff, then ignores him. Silly stuff like that happens all the time. Especially around Moffs.

"So if you don't want to conquer the Nexus and you don't want to cheat on Miss Frozen in Carbonite, with your 'death or curtains' philosophy, what do you want? You don't clone yourself into immortality without a serious reason to do it."

Sip sip the tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #39

Main Room

"Gordon did, go bother him for a while!" Magtok tries to shove the smelly Moff right off his lap. He shudders, and then wipes a hand against his robe to be sure he got all of the Moffiness off of himself. Moffs are so disgusting, mucking about in those yellow roads and getting up to gods only know what.

"Aaaanyways, as I was going to say, I've come to terms with her being gone and stuff now. It was fun while it lasted, but I'd get depressed as hell if I kept lying to myself and saying she's coming back someday. So technically I'm back on the market."
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

Moff 8 is unceremoniously dumped on the ground... And falls right through another portal to the Yellow Road. He's thinking with portals.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Room]

"Are you? Well good luck with that."

Pink snickers, and gestures toward the list Magtok had been checking a second before.

"Those kinds of people are probably your only options. The heavens know us "normal" folks are smart enough not to get mixed up with you maniacs."

Though the henchwoman is probably not what you would call a "normal" NPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #42

Main Room

Magtok smirks right back at Pink. "I only need three words to counter that entire argument, henchie. 'Last Christmas. Ilpholin.' Check and mate, darling. Check and fudging mate."

He changes the channel on the TV a few times with a cruel grin. "Plenty of 'normals' willing to experiment, from what I've heard. Just have to find someone, sane or otherwise, who doesn't make me want to shoot myself or run away if and when they try to flirt."

He pauses thoughtfully, before taking a gun out from his robe and rotating it about in his hand while mulling something over. "Hrm...speaking of which, do you know if that whole 'I'll kill anyone who hurts Pink' shadowcaster girl is still around? I was kinda wondering if your brainmeats were the same color as your name, and well..." Maggy's just trying to mess with her, maybe prompt her to run away screaming and forfeit while he's still leading by one point in this argument.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    They clank uselessly against her half-a-corpse and detonate, again uselessly. She's just bleeding out, no need to force a confrontation here.
    The flashbangs are more used to break concentration then anything other. He remains out of range for the cropse and extends his sense. He knews that this thing isn't given up that fast and since it once managed to enter his mind he will stay guard.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #44

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLI: eXtra Large Injury

Aw poo Mr. Zeffy, you're no fun at all.

From her severed stomach sprout several writhing appendages, each ending in a barbed suckermouth that whines and wheezes faintly. They crawl towards him slowly, each oozing the same slime she tried to catch him with earlier.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #45

"Damn Mind beast shut up."

He knows that this beast is part illusion and for that Fact Zefir has to do something. Sadly his only weapon who may work is in his room. So let's use leathal instead. He makes a gain his step back, since there is a great hall he has enougth place. Then he drags out a normal grenade throwing it at the body in the door. The structure of AMEN shouldn't get much damage. Someone did a great job there.

16. - Top - End - #46

Well, the creepy little girl is splattered all about, but unless Zefir was quite far back, he may have been hit by the mind-sapping slime. In the midst of the explosion sits a mass of brain matter, the only thing unharmed by the explosion. After the smoke clears, it will make another attempt on Zefir's mind, this one twice as strong as the last.

In his head, Zefir might hear this You wish to hold your breath until you are unconcious, nothing else would please you more.

If he can hear it, there is a subtle compulsion attached to the words.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

17. - Top - End - #47

Zefir has taken distance every post so i think he is avoiding the mind sapping slime. But the Mind attack is bad my friend... very bad.

That would be crazy wouldn't it Muahahahahahahaha answers a voice the one in his head. Obviously not his own. His mind has changed Obvioulsy and a more chaotic one took in place. His self protection is simple. He shows you crazy things. Biased picture szenes of a battelfield combinated with my little pponys etc. If he can stand it he may get some other informations.

Zefirs body seems to shake from the mental laugthing and then he raises one hand up. Flames should start to come out where on the brain and surround it. His body seems for now more like a puppet, but that effect may be wanted.

18. - Top - End - #48

It's hard to tell, but the brain seems to be unaffected by the random mental images. However it quickly floats off the ground and out of the flames.

Crazy, dear child, is my speciality.

A waves of thought slams against Zefir's defenses, attempting to crush him with the futility of his own existence. As this happens, a blob of that same slime collects from around the hall, and forms a four legged monstrosity that rushes at the clearly insane man.

19. - Top - End - #49

The brainy man can clearly brake through that defence. And enters the crazy mind, the only informations here are the informations about the Holder of Chaos (See Holder.org for that). Otherwise this mind is empty filling with the things currently happening right now.

In the real world the mind will got a problem: The fire, against all Laws of physic follows him trying to burn him.

Zefirs body seems to move intuitive one hand grapping at his badg and throwing the there draged grenade at the Ooze monster. The grenade is a frost grenade which if hit would freeze the Ooze. After throwing the body starts to run through the Hallways which lead to the Rooms, but why?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Prometheus's Lab

"Really. Well, thank you, I suppose. You've given me no information worth your release, but useful nonetheless. I do have one last question though. These Tire-Geal you created, where are they?"

"The two hundred ninety eight of them that Phil took, or the pair that I kept? I have no idea where the ones he took are; he teleported them to some island and then died. The others are back at The Nest, or, more precisely, someplace that can only be accessed through it."

21. - Top - End - #51

The information is new to the brain, which surprises him but explains much. His slime-beast dodges to the left, losing both its right legs to the frost, but detaching from them smoothly and reforming as a smaller winged creature that flies after Zefir. While the chaotic man has his back to the brain, it will plunge straight down through the fires, melting through the floor and lying in wait for the next person to come by.

22. - Top - End - #52

The fire should make him a bit of trouble it still seems to attack the brain even without Zefir directly looking at it. And the thing following Zefir will quiet encounter severl small bombs thrown in hsi way. Zefir doesn't show to think about throwing it it's like he does it intuitive.

If he manage to reach his room he will return after a few moments.

23. - Top - End - #53

Seeing as how he's in the ground at this point, the fire would have to melt through the floor to get at him. If Zefir exits his room, he'll find the bird-thing waiting outside the door, having mostly dodged the bombs, but still alot smaller than it used to be. It's about the size of a hummingbird now, and will try to splat against his face just as he opens the door in a surprise attack.

24. - Top - End - #54

Well after all he was in a hurry and didn t close the door. Asuming it still tries this Zefir will go and punch it whe comin close enougth. In his other hand he holds a box.

25. - Top - End - #55

If he isn't wearing a glove, or any of it got in contact with his bare skin, then he will feel an immediate drain on his higher brain function. It's resistable, but gets harder to fight the longer he's in contact with it. He can, of course scrape it off his fist.

The Doorway

The brain casts about itself a psionic net that should hide it's presence from anyone without a high level of psychic attunement, and continues to hide in the floor.

26. - Top - End - #56

He wears gloves. We just had it in theme and since it is much saver he wears them. He shakes off the slime either way and continues to the main room.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

[Front Entrance - Just Outside the Front Door Leading into the Base and the Main Room]

The evil cometh! Mayhem rides sidestraddle beside him on his horse, the horse's sides matted in glistening sweat, sparkling in the moonlight, and the foam which streams out of its mouth as it is thrown far behind it in a stream of wavering sanity! Prepare yourself!

A nervous tap-tap-tapping on the door. The shuffle of small feet as something shifts about just outside the chamber door, standing so close to it that its breathing sends out flurries of air to slam themselves against the door, weaving around through the cracks, tiny molecular invaders gradually puffing into AMEN and assembling within.

In other words, someone is standing right outside the door and knocking on it. She is nervous and breathing on said door. This is only her second time applying for a job, you see. That, as most people can tell you, is a harrowing experience that most find quite intimidating at first.

28. - Top - End - #58

Prometheus's Lab

"How unfortunate. Any reasons why I shouldn't kill you?" Prometheus says, sighing. He doesn't particularly like killing, in fact he tries to avoid it if at all possible, but Rael was giving him few options.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

[Prometheus's Lab]

"Is there any particular reason you should? It's not like I came here to kill you, and it's impossible for me to deal with Phil again. But if you're looking for a specific reason, I have some rather powerful friends that would object."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-09-13 at 12:14 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Prometheus's Lab]

Sarah spontaneously jolts into consciousness as she, by instinct, attempts to use a rejuvenation spell and proceeds to be zapped instead.