New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLI

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Main Room

Magtok smirks right back at Pink. "I only need three words to counter that entire argument, henchie. 'Last Christmas. Ilpholin.' Check and mate, darling. Check and fudging mate."

He changes the channel on the TV a few times with a cruel grin. "Plenty of 'normals' willing to experiment, from what I've heard. Just have to find someone, sane or otherwise, who doesn't make me want to shoot myself or run away if and when they try to flirt."

He pauses thoughtfully, before taking a gun out from his robe and rotating it about in his hand while mulling something over. "Hrm...speaking of which, do you know if that whole 'I'll kill anyone who hurts Pink' shadowcaster girl is still around? I was kinda wondering if your brainmeats were the same color as your name, and well..." Maggy's just trying to mess with her, maybe prompt her to run away screaming and forfeit while he's still leading by one point in this argument.
    [Main Room]

Pink flinches at the remark, and scowls deeply.

"Shut up. It isn't my fault you PCs abuse your power. Took me months and a couple of deaths to get rid of that mind control..."

Though it is her fault for joining an evil organization as a minion. What did she expect? She glowers at Magtok, and eyes the gun he's holding.

"Pfft. You're too cowardly to kill someone offhand and in person for no reason."

She sounds a wee bit uncertain, however. Magtok is still an AMENite.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLI: eXtra Large Injury

Prometheus's Lab

"I should kill you because you're competition. You can create life out of nothing more than a mere sample of DNA. I and my creators are in the same business. And if you think threatening me with your "friends" will elecit any response but scorn, think again." Prometheus says, glaring at Rael. He hates this sort. The kind who think that, even once they have clearly lost, they still have any ability to intimidate him. "And it appears my friends have finished setting up that dungeon. I'll be seeing you once I decide your fate."

With that, four drones, all armed, arrive. Two attempt to grab Rael by either arm, the other two standing guard, and should that succeed they will lead him away.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

Main Room

Legion appears, holding one of the largest gemstones anyone in the room is ever likely to see. She certainly seems to like it.

The Lady has a look around for Gordon, thinking she should probably give this to someone responsible.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #64

Main Room

Gordon sighs at the chaos going on around him, but that's normal when certain members are around. Then he spots Legion holding the gem, which puts a large smile on his face.

"Legion, your'e back! And you got the gem, excellent! Boys, get the decorations out, we are going to have a party."

The henchmen move out, going to get things for the party.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Prometheus's Lab

"I should kill you because you're competition. You can create life out of nothing more than a mere sample of DNA. I and my creators are in the same business. And if you think threatening me with your "friends" will elecit any response but scorn, think again." Prometheus says, glaring at Rael. He hates this sort. The kind who think that, even once they have clearly lost, they still have any ability to intimidate him. "And it appears my friends have finished setting up that dungeon. I'll be seeing you once I decide your fate."

With that, four drones, all armed, arrive. Two attempt to grab Rael by either arm, the other two standing guard, and should that succeed they will lead him away.
    Rael shrugs before he's grabbed. "You asked. I didn't expect you to care. And didn't someone else have questions for me, before you kill me?"

6. - Top - End - #66

Main Room

Legion grins at her boss. "Well, I didn't do all the work, but yeah. We got it." Legion offers it to the supervillain, then gives a start at the mention of partying. "Oh, uh, you think we could have a dinner with that? I'm starving." She's already reaching for her phone. Gotta call Jasper! Tell him to get the stuff over here!

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #67

"Oh course!"

Gordon takes a hold of the gemstone, and puts it in one of his largest pockets. He's not going to let that jewel going anywhere without him being there.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Prometheus' Lab]

Unless somehow stopped, Sarah slides a small hidden dagger out of her sleeve and begins working on subtly and quietly cutting any bindings that are on her. She wouldn't try to cut through all the way, but she would try to thin it to the point where she could break them any moment she chose to. If there aren't any bindings, she'll try to cut at the net bindings.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLI

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Nephrim's Room

Since she hasn't hit the third heart, she has a hand free. More importantly, a wristblade. She'll try and amputate the crocodilian mouth with it, though her kneeblade is still being inserted into Karyana's ribcage.

Dam'Bul starts melting into a slightly acidic red goo. The goo will quickly sublime away, returning the essence of the temporarily vanquished demon to the Abyss. Meanwhile, though, the goo may do a fair bit of damage to the tentacles given that they're burrowing into the demon's corpse.
    Karyana hisses in pain and anger, as the tentacles are eaten at by the goo. She tries to wipe the stuff off on Nephrim.

Meanwhile, the crocodilian mouth is cut off, though the wound quickly heals. Nephrim still hasn't hit the third heart.

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Front Entrance - Just Outside the Front Door Leading into the Base and the Main Room]

The evil cometh! Mayhem rides sidestraddle beside him on his horse, the horse's sides matted in glistening sweat, sparkling in the moonlight, and the foam which streams out of its mouth as it is thrown far behind it in a stream of wavering sanity! Prepare yourself!

A nervous tap-tap-tapping on the door. The shuffle of small feet as something shifts about just outside the chamber door, standing so close to it that its breathing sends out flurries of air to slam themselves against the door, weaving around through the cracks, tiny molecular invaders gradually puffing into AMEN and assembling within.

In other words, someone is standing right outside the door and knocking on it. She is nervous and breathing on said door. This is only her second time applying for a job, you see. That, as most people can tell you, is a harrowing experience that most find quite intimidating at first.
    In the midst of preparations, a henchman goes and opens the door.

"Yes?"

11. - Top - End - #71

Main Room

"Awesome." Legion says, still smiling. She dials her boyfriend and puts the phone to her ear, waiting for him to pick up.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #72

Prometheus's Lab

"Perhaps. Or, seeing as he would probably want to release you, perhaps I'll "forget" and kill you anyway. My apologies, by the way. I do wish such barbaric methods were not necessary." Prometheus says, and the Drones will drag Rael away, down to the stairs into the main part of the laboratory, then down yet another flight of stairs, this time to a ten by ten room, utterly windowless with only a single door, a ten inch slab of steel, and two sets of manacles.

That done, Prometheus turns to Sarah, who is not in any way bound except for the golden net, which is slightly stronger than steel wire, although it won't restrict her movements. Assuming she can actually cut it with the hidden knife, she'll probably make some progress on freeing herself. "Now. Who would you be? I am Prometheus."

Phone

Jasper picks up after a few seconds, sounding exhausted. Yes?

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

[Prometheus's Lab - Dungeon]

Rael doesn't resist being dragged down the stairs.

14. - Top - End - #74

Phone

I'll say this is likely after their current encounter in Home.

"Hey, y'know how we were talking about throwing a party for AMEN? Gordon's throwing one for us!" She lowers her voice a little. "Can you bring the stuff over?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Nephrim's Room

It doesn't have any effect on Nephrim, since they originate in the same plane.

Nephrim resumes stabbing with her blades.

Kitchen

Gravity here is still not working.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prometheus's Lab

She'll have made some progress cutting, to the point where she could probably break the net enough to stick her head through without further use of the knife. It's made of Silverite and enchanted for sharpness, so it shouldn't have immense difficulty getting through the golden wire. That said, the damage shouldn't be very visible unless one was looking for it, and even then it might be missed if one was looking from the outside.

She'll stop cutting and re-conceal the knife up her sleeve when Prometheus turns to her.

"Sarah Bloodchanter. I assume you're AMEN's little torturer?"

She's mocking him very slightly, but it's rather obvious.

17. - Top - End - #77

Kitchen

Sweetums grabs at the counter, and uses that as something to push against in order to search the kitchen for what is making reality not work right.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

[Nephrim's Room]

Karyana's elbows form long spikes. She tries to sink one of these into Nephrim's side.

Still no third heart. Perhaps she's stabbing in the wrong places?

Also, she begins to alter herself so that she has something similar to spitting cobra venom, with a similar delivery.

[Kitchen]

Will continues to take notes.

19. - Top - End - #79

Prometheus's Lab

"No." Her mocking is utterly ignored! "I have no intention of torturing you. If you refuse to answer, I will simply tear the information I want out of your skull and kill you. Now, why are you after Stu?" It appears he hasn't noticed the damage to the net. The net will still hamper any attempts to use magic unless she's completely free of it, so at the moment he still has the upper hand.

Phone

"Heh. I'll be there in a few minutes."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-09-13 at 07:19 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dungeon]

As Rael was never stated to be attached to the manacles, he starts pulling at the net, trying to tear it apart.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prometheus's Lab

Sarah grins. Now that she knows he doesn't do torture, she's going to trounce his logic with her own.

Yeah, right. I know how you guys play. You couldn't care less if I died, and you wouldn't bother nonviolently interrogating me if you could just take the information whenever you wanted. Even if you could, I'm pretty sure whatever that Eldritch Horror was, it wanted me alive for that "date" with Stu. Would you really take the risk of pissing it off?

Sarah grins even wider. It may be worth noting that Mages usually have either Intelligence or Charisma as their best stat, and hers probably isn't Charisma.

"I'll play your game though, since it's probably more enjoyable than a serious date with a lecherous flower. The intention was to lure him out for a third party."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

[Front Entrance]

There's a woman standing at the door dressed in a brown business suit with a white dress shirt and tie! Her nose is small, but it still has that regal quality to it. Her rosy red lips, curved upward into an anxious little forced smile, and cheeks, tinted with a hint of red (as the girl is somewhat embarassed about being here under these circumstances (job hunting makes her feel undignified and far too reliant upon others for her tastes)), stand in clear contrast to the milky white of her skin. Her eyes are enchanting facets of immaculate emeralds. Her long, silky, raven black hair hangs limply around her shoulders, resting upon the collar of her suit jacket. Her build is athletic and attractive. She is very curvy, to say the least. She has a sweet, stunning face and small, delicate hands. A striking birthmark planted in the center of her right cheek adds even more character to her kind face and even kinder body.

"Erm...I'm seeking employment in your organization. You wouldn't happen to have any available positions at this moment, would you?"

The young woman (for she can be no older than twenty-one years agewise) fidgets with the black tie tightly wrapped about her neck. She finds collars absolutely repulsive! She hates them with a passion, but sacrifices must be made for the greater evil!

This girl really doesn't seem like she would fit in well at AMEN, what with all the crazies running about these days.

23. - Top - End - #83

Dungeon

Rael will find his attempts hindered by the Drones holding his arms, although he might be able to overpower them, and more importantly, by the fact that the two Drones not holding him have just opened fire, each one aiming at a different one of his hearts. They know it won't kill him. But the bullets will cauterize the wounds, hopefully slowing or preventing healing, and the message is clear. They will kill him if he fights.

Prometheus's Lab

Obviously she isn't a Wisdom based caster either, or else she might have considered that maybe Prometheus is just a pretty nice guy, at least for a villain, and would rather spare her being tortured/mindraped/forced into a date with Stu.

Believe what you will, as long as you continue "humoring" my questions. Who is this third party?" Prometheus says, continuing to ignore her misguided taunts.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Nephrim's Room

Nephrim's fed up of this, and uses her free wrist blade to swing at Karyana's neck. Karyana killed Nephrim's favourite minion and most trusted servant, the one being about whom Nephrim would almost not be lying if she stated him her friend.

Kitchen

Nothing floating around seems to be unusual, the standard array of pots, pans and other kitchen implements plus porcelain items for eating from and other kitchen-y things. And Sweetums, of course.

If Sweetums looks through the cupboards, he may note the small bronze cylinder in one of them. It's still listening to gravity, even though nothing else is.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prometheus's Lab

Of course she isn't Wisdom-based! If she had a half-decent Wisdom score, she would have had a better plan for getting Stu out! Like maybe setting up something that didn't involve literally walking into AMEN!

"A demon to which Stu apparently owes his soul. Which he apparently doesn't have, so the demon wants a refund."
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2011-09-13 at 07:40 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Door

Ooh, a mook.

As the henchman opens the door, the brain beast from earlier will slide up through his foot, possessing him. It won't really try to change his behavior any, it's just along for the ride. Still, an observant fella may notice something... off about this minion.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-09-13 at 07:40 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Nephrim's Room

Nephrim's fed up of this, and uses her free wrist blade to swing at Karyana's neck. Karyana killed Nephrim's favourite minion and most trusted servant, the one being about whom Nephrim would almost not be lying if she stated him her friend.

Kitchen

Nothing floating around seems to be unusual, the standard array of pots, pans and other kitchen implements plus porcelain items for eating from and other kitchen-y things. And Sweetums, of course.

If Sweetums looks through the cupboards, he may note the small bronze cylinder in one of them. It's still listening to gravity, even though nothing else is.
    [Nephrim's Room]

Nephrim should find her attack interrupted by the blinding venom spraying at her eyes. If not, the wristblade should get stuck on Karyana's spine, which is considerably thicker and denser than normal.

[Dungeon]

((Hang on - they're still there? I hadn't known that. I'd thought that he was already locked in. Never mind.))

28. - Top - End - #88

Main Room

"Right, see you then!" Legion says, likely before clicking the phone shut. She turns and starts off toward the

Kitchen

Where she'll... start floating. "Um. Hey Sweetums? Did you do something or...?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #89

Nephrim's Room

Kitchen

Sweetums starts opening cupboards, looking for what's causing this. After finging the bronze cylinder, Sweetums tries to pick it up.

"Reality not working right here, trying to fix."

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Front Entrance]

There's a woman standing at the door dressed in a brown business suit with a white dress shirt and tie! Her nose is small, but it still has that regal quality to it. Her rosy red lips, curved upward into an anxious little forced smile, and cheeks, tinted with a hint of red (as the girl is somewhat embarassed about being here under these circumstances (job hunting makes her feel undignified and far too reliant upon others for her tastes)), stand in clear contrast to the milky white of her skin. Her eyes are enchanting facets of immaculate emeralds. Her long, silky, raven black hair hangs limply around her shoulders, resting upon the collar of her suit jacket. Her build is athletic and attractive. She is very curvy, to say the least. She has a sweet, stunning face and small, delicate hands. A striking birthmark planted in the center of her right cheek adds even more character to her kind face and even kinder body.

"Erm...I'm seeking employment in your organization. You wouldn't happen to have any available positions at this moment, would you?"

The young woman (for she can be no older than twenty-one years agewise) fidgets with the black tie tightly wrapped about her neck. She finds collars absolutely repulsive! She hates them with a passion, but sacrifices must be made for the greater evil!

This girl really doesn't seem like she would fit in well at AMEN, what with all the crazies running about these days.
    While the henchman gets possessed, he looks up and down at the woman.

"Well, my boss could answer that better than I can. Come inside, he's right in the main room. Don't worry, most of the violence is happening elsewhere in the base."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

Nephrim's Room

Nephrim is sprayed with venom and temporarily blinded. Her response is to push the wrist blade impaling Karyana's heart further into Karyana's body until what is left of her hand can grip the remains of the organ. At which point, Nephrim will try to pull it out.

Her other hand goes up again before coming down onto Karyana's neck. She has no idea how many blows would be needed for this.

Kitchen

The bronze cylinder can be picked up easily; it doesn't resist hands. It feels unusually warm. It's quite well polished, though it couldn't serve as a mirror and not solely due to its size. When it is picked up, gravity returns to normal.