New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLI: eXtra Large Injury

Main Room

Gordon pulls out a mic, which boadcasts to the whole base.

"Nephrim, Prometheus, I want your prisoners out here, I have a few questions for them."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Main Room]

The Operative might notice Zefir's... ...whatever it is, specially designed to damage Psions and apparently things that aren't machines.

The henchman sighs and calls:

Gordon, there's someone looking for you!

EDIT: ((Also, Phantom, don't forget that Cyrus asked a question.))
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2011-09-16 at 07:07 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Nephrim's Room

Since Nephrim currently has compound eyes, rather than more mammalian orbs, the venom doesn't work. And since Nephrim has swapped which wrist blade is in the heart, she's in a different position and therefore stabbing in a different part of Karyana's torso. One clawed hand tries to scratch a wound in Karyana's skin before plunging into the wound to gouge at any internal organs it can find.

Nephrim attempts to swap which knee blade is in a heart as well, so that the freed knee blade can move up/down Karyana's body with its stabbing.

Dam'Bul's remains are fully returned to the Abyss, none of the acidic goo remaining to cause damage.
    Repost for C'nor. Though, now there's Gordon asking for Karyana in the main room, and Nephrim's not in a place she can easily respond.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #184

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    [Main Room]

Cyrus is on the couch. Meditating, oddly enough.

Gordon may notice one of Cyrus' Imps trying to read the data on MURDER over his shoulder. If it succeeds, it will read until it sees one thing in particular, after which it goes to wake Cyrus up.

In this hypothetical situation of success, Cyrus will stand and walk over to Gordon, then calmly ask him:

"Of the two prisoners, what would it cost me for custody of Prisoner A, the vampire? I'm sure Prometheus is done with them by now anyway, and I have use for one with his skillset."

[Prometheus' Lab]

Sarah attempts to take control of two of the shooters down below, with orders to shoot the Pizza Clones coming at her with swords.

Even in her condition, she's going to do as much damage as she can. She owes Rael that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Moff 8 is here again. He's outfitted a henchman with one of these helmets and has him loaded into a giant slingshot. In the slingshot's line of fire is a lineup of three more henchies.

"What's that, Gordy?" Moff doesn't fire the henchman just yet.
    Sorry, I don't always check for all the things.

Gordon sighs as things keep building up, he can't take care of everything at once.

"Currently, more than you have. It seems like we have another guest, and someone will get to leave here. And Moff, don't do that."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Main Room]

The Operative makes his way to Gordon, but waits for him to have time. The ghost has a lot of patience, and doesn't care too much about the physical health of his members.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

[Nephrim's Room]

Which part is she stabbing? I have a specific location for the heart, but I can't tell whether it would be hit or not without more information.

The claws aren't terribly effective against the scales, the wounds not being deep enough, and healing too quickly, for a hand to plunge into.

Karyana's blood starts to become a very strong base.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

"Of course! You're right." Moff lets the henchie out to the slingshot and takes the helmet. He then puts the helmet on himself, climbs into the slingshot... "Fire when ready, Green!" The henchie pulls the slingshot bqack and fires Moff 8 into the other henchmen. The first gets impaled while the others get knocked to the ground.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

Nephrim's Room

Well, I hadn't said which wrist blade was in Karyana's heart, but if it was her left then her right blade is now in the heart and the left is stabbing. Since she's side-on (or so I've been picturing it) she was either stabbing high-torso or low torso, and now she's stabbing either low-torso or high-torso, depending on which side she was stabbing before.

Also, the blades are made of hard light, I don't think their alkaline nature will have any effect on them.

The two claws will work together to break the scales.

Gordon's getting ignored because Nephrim's a little busy right now.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

[Nephrim's Room]

It's stabbing low torso, then. Her third and final heart is almost punctured.

She starts to melt into a mist of blood.

10. - Top - End - #190

Prometheus's Lab

Prometheus sighs, and waits just outside the entrance to the dungeon. He has no intention of going in there just yet. Better to let the Clones weaken Rael a bit more.

Dungeon

Well, Rael can run fast, sure, but it's a five by five room, there isn't much space to run in. The Clones continue firing, knowing that with limited space to dodge, they eventually should get lucky and score a few hits. Assuming they don't all die first.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

Nephrim's Room

I don't know the rules about it, but I think if I could alter my body at will and had multiple weak points, if somebody was pinning me down but couldn't move because then I'd be able to move, I'd move one of the weak points to where they can't reach. But as mentioned, I don't know the rules.

Nephrim can't do anything to a mist of blood. Except maybe fall through it. She morphs back into a human shape and will keep the blades where they are (moving the one almost hitting the heart so it does hit the heart, if she knows it's almost hit the heart) to make sure this is Karyana dying/respawning elsewhere/getting banished/whatever rather than an escape ploy.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Main Room]

At Gordon's response, Cyrus frowns.

I - I see. If that is the case, I'll take my personal project elsewhere.

The Planeswalker walks off.

Outside Prometheus' Lab

Cyrus walks up to this area. If he can operate the teleporter, he'll just walk in. If not, he'll... ...knock? Signal? Something?

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Nephrim's Room

I don't know the rules about it, but I think if I could alter my body at will and had multiple weak points, if somebody was pinning me down but couldn't move because then I'd be able to move, I'd move one of the weak points to where they can't reach. But as mentioned, I don't know the rules.

Nephrim can't do anything to a mist of blood. Except maybe fall through it. She morphs back into a human shape and will keep the blades where they are (moving the one almost hitting the heart so it does hit the heart, if she knows it's almost hit the heart) to make sure this is Karyana dying/respawning elsewhere/getting banished/whatever rather than an escape ploy.
    Karyana isn't thinking that clearly right now.

The Karyana-mist tries to flow under the door.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

Nephrim's Room

Nothing will stop Karyana from escaping under the locked door.

Nephrim won't chase Karyana; as far as Nephrim's concerned, Karyana is an enemy and a spy. She'll tell Gordon and the others that as soon as she's healed her wounds- it won't do to show them she's weak and wounded, let alone that she was beaten.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

[Nephrim's Room -> Main Room]

In that case, Karyana probably arrives in the Main Room soon after, at which point she turns back into herself, though regenerated and still in a combat form.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Room]

The Mad Hatter turns away from the television to inspect Karyana from his position on the couch through a goofy pair of 3D glasses. He pushes up the glasses as an absurd and very insane grin crosses his face.

"My! It looks so realistic! You guys definitely have to try this!"

-----
    [Also Main Room -to- Kitchen]

Clarissa, evidently bored with every single event currently transpiring in the Main Room, embarks on a journey which eventually leads to the kitchen where she decides to fix herself something to eat! Given that Clarissa eats sapient beings, this could potentially go very, very badly. It doesn't help her case any that she used her acute sense of smell to locate the kitchen and didn't end up there merely by chance...

17. - Top - End - #197
    Halfling in the Playground

Kitchen

Clarissa may well run into Legion, currently sprinkling some sort of obscure spice onto an overgrown waterfowl. Shortly before throwing it in the oven. The Lady hums to herself. While she's not the best cook, she doesn't mind doing it.

Main Room

Here, a crack begins to worm it's way up the largest wall.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #198

Kitchen

Jasper swaggers back in, having overseen the henchman and the hired golems unloading all the ice cream into the freezers. Waiting for Legion's cooking project to reach a point where it won't go up in flames if she's distracted, he attempts to wrap his arms around her and pull the Lady into a kiss, at the same time attempting to slip a vial of the potion they schemed up into her pocket. "Well, fancy meeting you here, Miss Legion, and might I say you're looking as stunning as ever?"

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Outside Prometheus' Lab

Cyrus walks up to this area. If he can operate the teleporter, he'll just walk in. If not, he'll... ...knock? Signal? Something?
    Cyrus impatiently knocks again. On a teleporter. Somehow, the message should get across. Probably a magic thing.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"Well aren't you two cute." Kirk comments from his position just inside the kitchen. Dang he's quiet, didn't even here him come in.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Pixie in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Clarissa nods timidly to Legion and contorts her face into one of slight repulsion when Legion and Jasper begin smooching right in the middle of the kitchen. She has half a mind to tell the pair to get a room, but she manages, against all odds, to suppress that urge, averting her eyes, pulsing with a primal light, and her attention to the refrigerator and freezer, searching for body bits to nom all the while. While body bits don't quite satisfy her cravings, they do frequently stave off her hunger, if only for a few hours.

22. - Top - End - #202

Kitchen

As evidenced many times, Legion hates it when Jasper kisses her in front of everyone. PDA's are not her thing, even with just Clarissa watching.

Still, she can't complain too much, and at least it had a purpose. She pats her pocket briefly before wrapping an arm around Jasper in turn. The Lady grins at the cowboy, then blushes a little when Kirk pipes up. She averts her eyes. "Cute isn't the word I'd use." Legion's eyes move again. To the drow. "Uh, I haven't seen you around."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-09-16 at 11:22 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #203

Kitchen

Jasper's hardly unaware of Legion's dislike for being kissed in public, but he couldn't think of any other way to give her the vial. As it is, unless someone in the room has x-ray eyes, they shouldn't have noticed it.

"Cute? Nah, don't think you got the vernacular quite right on that, cute don't quite do it justice." Jasper says, grinning at the world in general with a sort of mischeivous glee. "But it was a good try, I'll give you that, mister...?" The last bit is phrased as a question, Jasper having never met Kirk before.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Kirk shrugs, giving her a smirk. "Been a while, yeah. Nice to see you though." He turns his attention over to Jasper. "Kirk Locke. A friend of Legion's." He steps toward the pair to extend his hand to the other man. "And I don't think I know you're name either."

25. - Top - End - #205
    Pixie in the Playground

[Kitchen]

By this point, Clarissa has located a severed arm somewhere in the AMEN freezer. Her efforts weren't so pointless and futile after all, it seems!

Without delay, Clarissa jams the chunky bit of flesh into a microwave, sets the timer for five minutes, and presses the start button. Now it is only a matter of time before some poor chap's arm gets chomped on!

Mwahahahahahahaha!

-----
    [Main Room]

The Hatter stares at the crack forming in the wall for a good minute, doing absolutely nothing to halt its progress as of yet. Why? Because, even though the crack looks real, it mustn't be! It's just the 3D glasses being totally stunning again, and that is pure awesome. You just stare through the 3D glasses and then you win! Life is really that simple!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-09-17 at 12:13 AM.

26. - Top - End - #206

Kitchen

"Jasper Thorn, scoundrel and thief." Jasper introduces himself, shaking Kirk's hand. "Good to meet ya. If I might ask, what's going on around here? I'm considering joining up, seein as Watchtower turned out to be a bunch of dour sticks-in-the-mud."

27. - Top - End - #207

Kitchen

Legion lets the boys talk, pulling away from Jasper and glancing toward Clarissa. "Hey, I'm making dinner, if you want any..."

Main Room

Two sets of fingers writhe out've the crack and, with a tremendous heaving, start to force it apart. The crack widens, splitting all the way up the wall, and out've slips what appears to be Jack Empty.

He fills the space beyond the opening, ending the endless places, a grey void going on forever. He fills nothing because he is nothing. The spirit of that great black abyss.

His eyes are little more than burning pits, his grin a mask for something unnameable, his suit writhing in forgotten shapes. There's no trace of the human anymore, as mad as he was.

The grey thing has a long look around.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-09-17 at 02:02 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

Karyana heads over to Gordon, and says "You wanted to see me?"

[Dungeon]

Rael is several times, though his other arm isn't yet broken.

The size of the room should make it fairly easy for him to get to them. He tries to simply slam the first one into the wall, and if that doesn't disable it, rip its throat out with his toothed beak.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"Couldn't tell you too much to be honest. I've been away for quite a while, so I'm not exactly up so speed." Kirk removes his sunglasses and stashes them away in his jacket. "My only advise is to take what Gordon tells you with a grain of salt. Trust the higher ups like Magtok ans Jack more." He pauses. "Not sure if Jack's been around though."

30. - Top - End - #210

Main Room

"More of you have someone here for you..."

Gordon then notices the inhuman Jack Empty. Oh dear, this is bad. Now he has two things from beyond reality around.