Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLI: eXtra Large Injury

[Main Room]

"Sorry for the confusion. I got cut off early on... I take it Rael's here?"

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Main Room

The waves hit Cyrus regardless of whether he's successfully talking to Gordon or not, knocking him down. He proceeds to launch an alarming number of scathing expletives and insults at Zefir before launching an actual lightning bolt at the device in an attempt to disable it before it killed everyone in the room.
    Main Room

Zefir just lifts his hand so the lightning miss and instead hit's an henchman. Sadly to notice that the 'bomb' becomes dust just after a last wave.

And then Cryus goes off, the brain is gone and the spooky man appears.

Zefir will then just go of laugthing
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #213
    Pixie in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Legion is fearless! Did she not just see the whole severed arm shoved into a microwave thingy? I mean, seriously! She is offering to cook for a beast that has been called, by a collective of scientists well respected in the field of MAD!, a gluttony incarnate. Furthermore, Clarissa eats people. Not just the Rot type of eat people, where he merely sucks their blood (maybe it'd be more fitting to say that Rot drinks people)! She gulps down their body bits, omnomnoms their lifeforces, and tortures them for days on end while doing so, if she is in the mood to do such unspeakable things to others. Legion may not yet know that she is fearless, as she might not yet understand what she has just offered to do, but she will soon learn. Soon. Very soon. Like in this post soon.

"This is a truly exceptional happenstance, ma'am!"

Clarissa grins as a much more trenchant and plying tone steadily drips into her voice. The change is subtle at first, but it grows ever more present with each passing moment, like water pouring from a faucet, slowly filling a chalice with its quiet stream of sparkling purity or maybe more like that gritty, tepid flow of bubbling mud strained with only a bloody kerchief which barely passes for water which drizzles from the "heavens" in some areas of the Nexus.

"That is a very kind offer, though I do regret to say that I must pass it up this time around. I'm on a strict diet, you see, and my hunger continually beckons me hither and thither to feed. Speaking of which,-"

Clarissa swallows hard, eyes still fixed on the microwave as if the state of both her life and health rested upon the magnificent machine.

"-do you know of any...err...expendable people that nobody would really miss if they were to be missing that dwell close to here, perchance? I'm feeling more than a little...peckish...right now, what with all this talk of dinner and all."

But there hasn't been much talk of dinner at all! Geeze, Clarissa! Can't you go for just one day without eating anyone!

Yep! This one might be recalcitrant, Gordon. Ready the manacles and the jailhouse! We might have need of them yet.

-----
    [Main Room]

Hey! Jack is back! Hold on! The Hatter hasn't yet met the emptiness which is the very essence of Jack. Darn!

"Look out, Moe! There's something strange in there!"

The Hatter couldn't really be that clueless...could he?

4. - Top - End - #214

Kitchen

"Magtok? I do believe I've already met him, charming fellow, tried to trick me into attacking GLoG." Jasper says, tone sarcastic. In his opinion, anyone with a position of any authority in AMEN probably got said authority by lying, double-crossing and backstabbing, and ain't exacty trust worthy. "Anyway, I thought this Gordon fella was, y'know, in charge of AMEN?"

Dungeon

The Drone is rammed into the wall, snapping it's neck, and explodes a second later in a spray of toxic acids, while the others continue firing.

Prometheus's Lab

One of the mages activates the teleporter platform for Cyrus. How nice. Apparently Prometheus considers him mildly trustworthy.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prometheus's Lab

Cyrus silently thanks the mage for doing so, or more loudly if the mage happens to be right there.

Anyway, he'll head down, looking for Prometheus and probably passing the various bits of damage Sarah caused along the way.

When he finds his friend, for lack of a better word, he'll tell Prometheus: "Hey, I don't know if you got the message, but Gordon's calling for the prisoners. One seems to have outmaneuvered Nephrim, but the other two are in your care. Since they aren't up, I'm assuming that there's a problem?"

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Dungeon

The Drone is rammed into the wall, snapping it's neck, and explodes a second later in a spray of toxic acids, while the others continue firing.
    Excellent. Hopefully, that will damage the net. Rael is hit in the left side, if I'm picturing this correctly. It'll take a while to eat through his scales.

He charges at the other two Drones, trying to crush the skull of one, and repeat his earlier tactic with the other.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Halfling in the Playground

Kitchen

"Hey, Gordon's cool." Legion interjects, just before Clarissa pipes up. The Lady looks at her with eyebrows raised, obviously a little apprehensive, but not as terrified as she should be. "Um... the henchmen are good for that. They just get cloned. Rot says they taste stale though." Legion blinks, and seems uncomfortable. She's getting far too chummy with monsters and psychos.

Main Room

"What, no applause? Should I be offended?" Jack waves at the lot of them, starting forward at a slow, patient clip. Behind him, the crack starts to spiderweb across the wall. Despite that fact, if some whackjob tries to touch the spreading void, it'll still feel pretty solid.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #218

Main Room

"Well, Jack, its just that you didn't used to be able to just come out of a crack in reality. Its a bit unsetting."

Okay, it sounds like Jack, but it doesn't fully look like Jack. Maybe he got more Objects and that's the reason behind this transformation.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Kirk shakes his head. "If you say so." He seems to be replying to both Legion and Jasper. Kirk's never had a high opinion of Gordon. The resent confrontation has done nothing to improve that.

"Anyway, I was thinking that we could go out for drinks and catch up." The statement is clearly directed at Legion, but Jasper is by no means disregarded. "So what do you two say?"

10. - Top - End - #220
    Pixie in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Clarissa is more than a little embarrassed about having to resort to asking Legion that fateful "whom should I eat" question herself. Clarissa thought that she could go through this whole interview without chomping on anyone. Boy was she wrong! Whatever Clarissa eats right now would be comfort food, though. Clarissa should exercise her essentially nonexistent self-restraint right now else she'll risk getting all flabby and out of shape. Counterpoint! Clarissa cannot get flabby or out of shape. She's a super monster! Super monsters are naturally immune to such things, especially when one of their powers is the ability to bend their physical manifestation to their will! Haha!

"Umm, thanks. I'm new here, so I don't know most of these things."

As a matter of fact, Clarissa is probably more afraid of Legion than Legion is of her. Legion has been a member of AMEN for much longer than Clarissa. Thus, Legion has seniority over her. With as little as one sentence, Legion could get Clarissa tossed out of AMEN forever! That is some serious power that Legion wields from Clarissa's standpoint!

"I won't, uh, get in trouble if I dine on these henchman guys tonight, will I?"

Further hesitation, Clarissa? Let me help you with that. JUST DO IT DANG IT!

-----
    [Main Room]

The Hatter genially waves back at Jack!

"Greetings! That was boss!"

Yes, Hatter. Yes it was.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-09-17 at 11:39 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Main Room]

The Operative continues to wait for Gordon to address him. He completely ignores Jack, which is probably a little rude, but the specter is uncaring. Only four people were part of his reason to be here in the first place, and Jack isn't one of them.

12. - Top - End - #222

Main Room

Gordon turns to face the Operative.

"Hello, there. Sorry about the lack of attention, but I do have a number of things that require my attention. Please have a seat, this could take a while for things to be made ready."

13. - Top - End - #223

Kitchen

"Well, sounds like a fine idea to me. I'm pretty sure we can grab a few drinks and make it back in time for the party." Jasper says, after a moments thought. "So, what do you do around here, if I may ask?"

Prometheus's Lab

"How unfortunate, then, that the girl got herself killed trying to escape. Any chance you can revive her?" Prometheus says, taking his eyes off the door for a second to speak to Cyrus.

Dungeon

As the second Clone is killed, it loses it's grip upon the grenade it was holding. The grenade that had only about a second left till it exploded. As the Clone's grip loosens on the pin, it detonates in an explosion of fire, heat, and a massive flash of light, triggering the grenades held by the other Clone as well and turning the tiny prison into a furnace, the heat easily enough to reduce both Clones to skeletons and shatter the bones to pieces, the stone floor cracking and warping.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-09-18 at 01:07 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224

[Main Room]

"Take your time. I'm not impatient." The Operative doesn't sit anywhere, though. He figures it really doesn't matter whether he stands or sits.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prometheus's Lab

Cyrus frowns.

Sort of. Do you think Gordon will notice if she's shambling around and mumbling about brains?

I guess I could bring her back as a vampire, but somehow I think increasing her power while keeping her free will is probably the wrong way to go...

He notices the fireball in the next room.

"Er..."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Halfling in the Playground

Kitchen

"Sure, Kirk. I'd like that." Legion glances toward Jasper for his opinion, when Clarissa pipes up again. The Lady's a little surprised at this monster's timidity, and it shows on her face. She - oh, gods help her - she jokes about it. "The henchmen might. But otherwise, no."

Main Room

"Thanks, man. Good to know I still got it." Jack nods toward the hatter while his void continues to replace the floor and walls. The grey man turns his attention to Gordon. "I think this place could use some renovation, don't you? Or... expansion."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-09-18 at 12:57 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"Excellent. I look forward to it." Kirk smiles easily at the two. Coming back to AMEN was alright. At least for a little while. It's been a good opportunity to catch up.

"As for what we do around here. I'm sure Legion could tell you as well as I. Basically whatever we want until a job comes up."

18. - Top - End - #228

[Main Room]

After a while has past Zefir comes back from his room. He stretches himself like he just woke up what in fact he did. His whole appereance is now back to normal. So no silly laugthing no crazy expression in his face. He is quiet normal now... well he's in AMEn is quiet more normal than the common stuff here.

He takes a seat in front of the TV and starts watching TV, like nothing happened.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dungeon]

Rael burns, dying quickly. Gordon is almost certainly not going to be happy, but the escape attempt was stopped.

[Main Room]

Karyana growls.

20. - Top - End - #230

Prometheus's Lab

Prometheus sighs. "Well, that was likely the end of our other captive, I'm afraid. Any chance you can capture their souls? I'm sure having something to interogate will help me explain this." Prometheus says, scowling. How is he supposed to restrain fools that refuse to surrender, be incapacitated or cease killing everyone around them? Next time, he'll just seal them in cryostasis

21. - Top - End - #231

[Main Room]

Zefir looks over to Karyana. I'm not sure who this char is since I seem to met near every one of your chars and this one has no link^^.

"What's up?"

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prometheus's Lab

Cyrus looks a bit peeved when he hears that the other one died too, but quickly turns it into a smirk.

Maybe. How long has the first been dead, and do you have any quartz lying around?

23. - Top - End - #233

Prometheus's Lab

"Not for more than a minute or two." Prometheus says, and neatly catches two quartz lenses one of the mages tosses him from the workshop above. "Will these do?" Each of the lenses is around two pounds of quartz, having been used to test the diffusion of light and the suitability of the material for focusing lasers.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prometheus's Lab

Yes, that will do just fine. I used to use diamond for this, but Quartz is significantly more abundant.

He'll take one of the lenses, and pull a pair of magic-sensing goggles out of his pocket, pulling them on quickly. Spotting Sarah's soul just kinda floating around, a black line extends from it before dragging the soul into the lens.

That's one...

A voice spontaneously is emitted from the lens.

What is this place? It's dark in here...

He'll attempt to hand the lens back to Prometheus, and take the other one, searching for Rael's soul.

((For the record, it's a pretty shoddy binding. So much as cracking the lens releases the soul, and Cyrus himself can release it at will.))

25. - Top - End - #235
    Pixie in the Playground

[Kitchen -to- Cloning Chambers]

Clarissa shoots Legion a nervous, forced smile.

"Uhh, thanks. I'll see you around, I guess."

The monster hurries out of the kitchen and to the Cloning Chambers, where she begins greedily nomming henchmen! Oh the horror and terror! I'll save you all the mental scarring that would result from this player describing it, but the whole act is more than a little bit disturbing.

Hope whatever monitors the security cameras has a strong stomach.

Sad thing is, this is Clarissa being tame. After her probationary period, she might switch over to much bolder mannerisms when dealing with AMEN business and other AMENites.

26. - Top - End - #236

The Door

A resounding crash comes from beyond the Door, as if something is trying to break it in. Then another, and another, louder and louder, using more and more force until either the door splinters from the impact or, y'know, someone opens it.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Main Room]

Zefir looks over to Karyana. I'm not sure who this char is since I seem to met near every one of your chars and this one has no link^^.

"What's up?"
    Karyana currently has beaked, spiny, tentacles for legs, a long crocodilian mouth with serrated teeth, eight arms, all clawed, and thick scales covering her body.

"Rael just died."

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Prometheus's Lab

Yes, that will do just fine. I used to use diamond for this, but Quartz is significantly more abundant.

He'll take one of the lenses, and pull a pair of magic-sensing goggles out of his pocket, pulling them on quickly. Spotting Sarah's soul just kinda floating around, a black line extends from it before dragging the soul into the lens.

That's one...

A voice spontaneously is emitted from the lens.

What is this place? It's dark in here...

He'll attempt to hand the lens back to Prometheus, and take the other one, searching for Rael's soul.

((For the record, it's a pretty shoddy binding. So much as cracking the lens releases the soul, and Cyrus himself can release it at will.))
    Rael's souls is found pretty easily. However, if he tries to snare it, he'll get "Please state your name, titles, and any and all reasons for this request.".
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-09-18 at 03:22 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238

[Main Room]

Zefir just shrugs.

"And?"

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

"You're the one that asked."

30. - Top - End - #240

[Main Room]

sight How people miss the obvious. well he don't care about the death, but his and was menat other.

"And why are you growlin? Mental connection or anything like this?"