Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: OOTS #805 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy-Mcfart View Post
    Gods like to see an atheist around.
    Gives them something to aim at.
    PRATCHETT QUOTE 2!!!!!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: OOTS #805 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rewinn View Post
    However, shouldn't the Special Attack have something more slothful? e.g. instead of rending, simply have the sloth cling to the target. Clinging prevents any use of the limb clung to - thus spellcasters cannot employ a gesture using that hand and two-handed weapons cannot be used. The victim may attempt to shake the sloth off, but any attack on the sloth has a 50% of hitting the victim instead. The sloth still gets a normal attack and so may eventually wear down the victim.
    Sloths will sometimes cling to a branch by digging their claws deep into the branch. This should be reflected in both damage and the difficulty in shaking the sloth off. And since it's a celestial being, infernal (or maybe all evil) beings should sustain extra damage for every round the sloth is clinging to them.
    Curated Thread: Gazetteer of the Stick

3. - Top - End - #183
    Halfling in the Playground

Is panel 4 a reference to Prince of Persia (the computer game)?
    "This whole place is made out of ledges!"

4. - Top - End - #184

10ft per round?

Well it's faster than a Dwarven Defender, but that's about it.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

For the record, Nale's and Sabine's relationship is one of my favorite things in OOTS, and this comic is no exception. Petulant Nale is always awesome. "You never respect my process!"

6. - Top - End - #186
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Technically all speed is done in increments of 10 feet, so... unless it never moves, the slowest speed is 10 feet as 0 feet is the next speed down and 0 feet means never moving. Instead the fact it can only make a single action was used to infer its slowness. Also, all I actually did was dig up the D&D stats for a sloth and then added the standard Celestial Template to the Sloth. About the biggest statistical changes were the extra HD.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

So Sabine somehow failed a Will Save? She's a Succubus, right? I recall their Will Saves being very high, and if that was Minor Image, she somehow failed-at best- a DC 18 Will Save? And that's being generous because I'm claiming that Elan has a +6 to his Charisma. I'm very disappointed in her, especially considering the penalty Elan would have with something that silly? Hehehe.
    Created Characters

Janus
    Terrin
    Martel Darlesse

Always up for a game, solo or no, can make any character, but would love to know what I'm dealing with. Either way, excelsior to adventure!

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    So Sabine somehow failed a Will Save? She's a Succubus, right? I recall their Will Saves being very high, and if that was Minor Image, she somehow failed-at best- a DC 18 Will Save? And that's being generous because I'm claiming that Elan has a +6 to his Charisma. I'm very disappointed in her, especially considering the penalty Elan would have with something that silly? Hehehe.
    ...She has a +7, plus maybe a minor boost from class levels with weak will save progression.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Okay, so at least a +10 due to class levels? That's at least half the die. I was just saying that she seems to be pretty weaksauce in a Save which should technically be one of her stronger qualities.
    Created Characters

Janus
    Terrin
    Martel Darlesse

Always up for a game, solo or no, can make any character, but would love to know what I'm dealing with. Either way, excelsior to adventure!