New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Reverse WW V - The Villagers Wrath!

The crowd turned on Lemonus. They called him names and taunted him and made fun of his name. They threw rocks at him for the moment, driving him away from the village.

Go away! Leave us alone you villager! Kill him! Why the hell are you even called Lemonus!? Lemons suck! The taunts continued to come until Lemonus took a deep breath and howled into the night. That got the mob quiet for a moment. Long enough for him to speak.

WHAT DID I DO? he roared at the crowd. I HAVE ONLY HELPED YOU ALL! he lowered his voice now that he had the crowds attention. I cook, I clean, I watch the children. I have only ever helped this village. And now your are tossing me out into the wild with no food or clothes on my back and are leaving me to die? All because of my name? You should all be ashamed of yourselves. There is nothing wrong with Lemonus.

The crowd mumbled and grumbled but remained silent. It seemed defeat was certain until a lone voice spoke out.

Your name is Lemonus which is very similar to lemons. We all know lemons are sour. Some heads in the crowd nodded their agreement. Sour things taste bitter to wolves. We all know this. More heads bobbed in agreement. And bitter things taste nasty to us. Only people who are nasty to us are the ones who make us unhappy. And the only person who makes us unhappy is the villager! Therefore, Lemonus must be the villager! Roars answered the accusation and the mobbed surged forward and grabbed Lemonus.

What now? asked a wolf.

We need some way to prove that he makes us happy. If we can prove that he makes us happy, he can't be the villager, because only the villager makes us unhappy. I got the perfect plan.

Later on at nightfall, all the wolves were rubbing their bellies. The feast had been great and the dessert even better. Lemon menagerie pie was brought out. It tasted more like Lemonus than lemons but no one cared. It was still good. Everyone was happy. The feast had been great. It was then they realized that Lemonus couldn't have been the villager. He had indeed made them all happy. And full!

Summary!
    Spoiler
    Show

Lemonus was lynched baked into a lemon menagerie pie.
    He was a werewolf!

Night 2 begins!
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonus View Post
    Ramsus for not being me.

And why exactly am I being wagoned?
    Because your name sounded like lemons, which are sour, and sour is bad, and the villager is bad, therefore you are the villager?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Sorry for the late night. I told Sanity to update and he said he would do it this morning. I'll remind him again.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Night 2 END!

Day 3 begin!

Summary -

Lex kat was browsing her garden for a tasty eggplant. There were zucchinis, squashes, tomatoes, and all sorts of chili peppers growing in her wondrous garden, but she couldn't find a nice big eggplant to sate her growing hunger. Being a vegetarian wolf wasn't easy. Finally, after searching for what felt like all day, there it was: the most beautiful, deep purple, shiny, rubbery eggplant, sitting right in the middle of her garden. Quite satisfied with its beautiful appearance, Lex kat leaned her head down and took a magnificent bite of her fresh produce. But as she chewed on its raw rubbery skin, she noticed something odd about it...

Its taste was too minerally, much too juicy for its ripeness, and there was blood seeping from the vegetable where her teeth had ripped away its exterior. She had just taken a bite of meat, disguised as an eggplant. As she looked around her garden, she was horrified to notice that all of her plants were slowly fading and turning into the shapes, sizes and smells of rotting flesh. Severed arms and legs, ripped away jaw bones with teeth still sitting solid in the mouth, and lengths of entrails were strewn about her once appetizing garden. She tried to rip herself away from the gruesome sight, but when she went to move her legs, her feet were stuck to the ground.

A figure approached her carrying a bloody sack. From the sack, the figure pulled what looked like a fresh liver torn from a large game animal, and he stuffed it into her mouth - so far in she was gagging on the coppery taste of blood and visceral organ. When she was finally able to break down the liver into smaller pieces with her teeth, she swallowed it and immediately felt sick. But the figure wasn't done - again from the sack he took glistening meat, shoved it into her mouth and made her chew and swallow it.

It persisted for hours. Lex kat was so full of meat she felt like she was going to explode. But the figure kept pushing meat down her gullet, length after length of bloody raw muscle.: Finally, when Lex kat knew she had reached her limit, she felt a disturbing pop within her, and that was the last thing she would ever hear. A large wet exploding noise like the sound of popping a water balloon filled with oatmeal echoed in the air.

Fleeing Coward, who heard the noise most clearly as he was passing by Lex kat's meat-garden, took a peek into Lex kat's home, where the figure stood with his now mostly empty sack of parts. With a startled caw, Fleeing Coward turned to run out the door, but felt a fist clamp around his throat and was lifted up off the floor. Something smelly, rotten and wet was pressed over his chicken beak, and he could not breathe unless he wanted to inhale whatever strange internal organ was smothering him. He tried to caw to alert the other wolves, but his cries were muffled by the pair of lungs the figure was pushing into Fleeing Coward's face. When it looked like Fleeing Coward was finally ****-a-doodle-done-for, the last thing he would see, taste and smell was someone else's lungs.

Spoiler
    Show

Lex kat was stuffed with meat until she exploded. She was a wolf.
    Fleeing Coward was smothered with a pair of lungs. He was a wolf.
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh man, two more of us gone? If we don't find the villager soon we're done for.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll star things off by voting for Grue Bait in celebration of his new record.

Naw, just kidding. Gut says either Ramsus or bladescape, and I'm gonna go Bladescape for now.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

8. - Top - End - #128

But I havn't even voted this game. You're supposed to kill people who actually look like they're playing the game
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Okay, well seeing as I don't have a power role (obviously; none of us do) let's do this. Mathematics haven't been helping, so how about some tables!

Spoiler
    Show
    Normal Text for a living player
    Bold Text for a killed wolf
    Bold Red Text for a killed villager
    Green Text for missed votes

{table=head]|Player|Day 1 vote|Day 2 vote
    1|Tasroth|Xanmyral|erikun
    2|bladescape|erikun|Ramsus
    3|billtodamax|TsukikoJ|Xanmyral
    4|super dark33|TinyMushroom|Tasroth
    5|Lord Loss|TinyMushroom|(dead)
    6|Gray Mage|Xanmyral|Lemonus
    7|The Grimmace|TinyMushroom|Ramsus
    8|TigerFang|Thufir|Lemonus
    9|Qwaz|TinyMushroom|cd4
    10|Lemonus|The Grimmace|Ramsus
    11|Ramsus|TinyMushroom|Lemonus
    12|TinyMushroom|The Grimmace|(dead)
    13|cd4|super dark33|Qwaz
    14|The Fiery Tower|*missed vote*|super dark33
    15|Xanmyral|Lemonus|billtodamax
    16|erikun|Gray Mage|Gray Mage
    17|Fleeing Coward|*missed vote*|*missed vote*
    18|Grue Bait|The Grimmace|Ramsus
    19|Thufir|bladescape|Grue Bait
    20|Lex-kat|Thufir|Lemonus
    21|TsukikoJ|erikun|Lemonus
    22|Jaccer|*missed vote*|*missed vote*
    [/table]

TinyMushroom was lynched day 1
    Lord Loss was killed night 1
    Lemonus was lynched day 2
    Lex-kat was killed night 2
    Fleeing Coward was killed night 2

Huh, I voted for Grey Mage twice in a row? I didn't realize that.

Anyways, for having the bad luck of voting twice for an innocent lynch victim - or perhaps intentionally joining bandwagons - my vote today goes to Ramsus.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    But I havn't even voted this game. You're supposed to kill people who actually look like they're playing the game
    You looked like you might have been playing it veeeery sneakily. Those stealth chickens are the worst, because you never know when they'll lay an egg.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

10. - Top - End - #130

My gut points in the direction of TsukikoJ
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grimmace, don't you dare ruin my longest live streak I've ever had. I'm going to vote for Jaccer for their inaction. Maybe they'll notice this and avoid the autolynch.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

(The Fiery Tower Pings for me. Will RP later.)
    Titles, Achievements, and Quotes of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Infernal Teamworker - City of Shadows Wondering if anyone is still checking this...
    Ruler of the City - City of Shadows Hello? Anyone there? PM me if you want the Color Code.
    The Fallen Chessmaster - Center WW I don't really see a reason to get rid of this.
    The Manipulative/The Opaque - Demons WW Its kind of neat.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Erikun, it's day 2. Also I tend to try to be part of bandwagons and not avoid them so yeah, I'm going to show up on innocent people bandwagons more often than people not voting on either leading bandwagon (or voting for someone nobody else is voting for at all). Now I'm not going to revenge vote because lists are good.

I'll go with the Grimmace. *looks up* Ok so apparently I'm not going to revenge vote on you.

Edit: Oh, I remembered that wrong. He's only pointing a finger of suspicion on me without pointing at me or backing it up with any reasoning.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-10-03 at 08:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134

GnomeWizardGuy

Erikun, it's day 2. Also I tend to try to be part of bandwagons and not avoid them so yeah, I'm going to show up on innocent people bandwagons more often than people not voting on either leading bandwagon (or voting for someone nobody else is voting for at all). Now I'm not going to revenge vote because lists are good.
    The reasoning is going to be pretty random until we hit upon a villager or start seeing a pattern between some people. I mean, a lot of people changed the lynch yesterday because the target was citrus-flavored. That's about as random as you can possibly get.

And besides, the best disguise a wolf villager can have is to act exactly as they expected of them as a villager wolf.

I'm not trying to point the finger at you specifically, but what else do we discuss thus far? Tasty lemon pies and eggplant livers? Although these deaths have been fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

That's because there is no reasoning. It's only a gut feeling, and not a particularly strong one at that. I never advised anyone to point at you or anything...
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Oh man, two more of us gone? If we don't find the villager soon we're done for.
    If only there were a way for there to be one kill a night, and not two!

In any case, The Grimmace because I'm suspicious.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137

That's not very nice, bladescape.
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I thought we had a nice going over of the pros/cons of the wolves using the night kill yesterday. Why did whoever did that do so?

Also, poor Lex, she seems to always die too soon (for me to kill the pixie myself and steal her pixie dust).
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-10-03 at 09:42 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I thought we had a nice going over of the pros/cons of the wolves using the night kill yesterday. Why did whoever did that do so?
    Apparently the wolf with the night kill wasn't paying attention. But at this point, it doesn't really matter, because the lynching is as much luck as the night kill. But let's not kill any more innocent wolves, night killer. I don't know who you are, but please stop.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

Now I'm not going to revenge vote because lists are good.
    I Disagree. I think lists are most often mis-leading if "leading" in any way at all. Erikun.

21. - Top - End - #141

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    I Disagree. I think lists are most often mis-leading if "leading" in any way at all. Erikun.
    Ahem, not disputing the vote in any way or form, but I would like to highlight my extreme dislike of this approach.

Please See the latest Dethy, where I was making lists and suspicion charts ALL the way through. I was the Naive Cop.

Feel free to find mistakes in lists, or find holes in reasoning, but I intensely dislike this form of reasoning.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Wolves" know people look ay votes. Lists of vote especially on day two in a game with 1 "wolf" is only gonna lead us on a merry song and dance. Look at the tone of the posts. Look at their purpose. Lists stop people thinking and try to break this game down to pure mathematics which does not work.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    "Wolves" know people look ay votes. Lists of vote especially on day two in a game with 1 "wolf" is only gonna lead us on a merry song and dance. Look at the tone of the posts. Look at their purpose. Lists stop people thinking and try to break this game down to pure mathematics which does not work.
    And even if it did then these games would just become math problems and that's no fun (for me at least). Not that I'm saying I'm 100% against lists, sometimes they're helpful and sometimes not so much.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-10-04 at 01:13 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144

Correction, 2 wolves by now, assuming that the Villager was smart and transformed a Werewolf Night 1.

And as I said, I don't dispute the vote at all, what I was pointing at was this line in particular:
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz
    "I think lists are most often mis-leading if "leading" in any way at all."
    This is what the complaint was about.

EDIT:Wait. I think I see what was trying to be said. x.x Never mind.
    Last edited by bladescape; 2011-10-04 at 01:16 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

Qwaz because nobody seems to have voted for him today.

26. - Top - End - #146

OldWizardGuy

TigerFang for similar reasoning to his point.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Awwwww, poor little werekids,their mother died! dont worry! i am 6 days from finishing the music player!

fixdays? never tried that one!

Now tigerfang, who are you?
    Last edited by super dark33; 2011-10-04 at 11:05 AM.
    Despite everything, its still me.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I partially agree with Qwaz. This early it's quite hard so see vote patterns or such things that a table with the votes so far could tell us. Still, I personally find them usefull in mid and late game. But, Erikun likes math, and I can't find any fault in that.

That said, superdark33 gets my vote hunch this day.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

Going to say cd4 today.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Ahem, not disputing the vote in any way or form, but I would like to highlight my extreme dislike of this approach.

Please See the latest Dethy, where I was making lists and suspicion charts ALL the way through. I was the Naive Cop.

Feel free to find mistakes in lists, or find holes in reasoning, but I intensely dislike this form of reasoning.
    I once got lynched for making lists, so I see no reason why anyone else should get away with it!
    That said, erikun's there is just the player list, with voting records. That's not really the kind of list referred to with the "lists are evil" view.
    Um, Tasroth.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."