New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mallside I: You Do Not Know the Power of the Mallside

[Food Court]

"Oh. Seems like a dangerous job. Aren't you worried?" Aleph picks at a small piece of something that seems to have gotten stuck on the fountain as she speaks, her eyebrows lowered with concern. "You could die, you know."

[Neon Coliseum]

"It's sort of a puzzle game, I guess? You control Pac Man, this little yellow guy." One of Grace's painted pink nails points to the titular character as she continues speaking. "You're trying to eat all the white dots on the screen, while avoiding these guys, the ghosts. There are also something you can collect to eat ghosts- and maybe something else too, but I can't remember anything else."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

[Food Court]

"Oh, yeah. Of course I'm scared. But it's worth doing." Dan looks at her. "Don't you think so?"

___

[Neon Coliseum]

"Eat ghosts?" Takara appears confused. "Why would you do something like that? Why not ward them away with salt, or put them to rest and send them to Lethe?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

[Food Court]

"I guess." Aleph doesn't sound particularly convinced, however. "It's not something I could do though."

[Neon Coliseum]

"Well, for one, it didn't originate from a place in which ghosts were actually thought of as real, and for the other... well, Pac Man isn't something you're meant to think much about." Grace explains. "It's more just for entertainment, nothing serious. Give it a go, you'll see."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Neon Coliseum

Anyone watching Banclaw tend with the wires may go through a peculiar process. First, they go "He's rather good at that." Then, "Looks like he has a lot of experience." If they watch for too long, they will come to the conclusion "He has a ton of experience with that. Who gets that much experience untangling wires? Who NEEDS that much experience untangling wires?"

Banclaw has. When you are a mechanic where he comes from? You get that experience.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Mental Menagerie

The girl attempts to pat the suit reassuringly on the knee, "We make copies, after all, it wouldn't be a very fair trade if we stole your memories and only gave you copies of the ones we have in stock." More twirling, and a failed handstand follow this.
    Talnissa's knee is patted.

"All right then. That sounds fair."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mental Menagerie

The little girl claps excitedly, "Yay! Alrighty then lets get you set up. The question we ask most newcomers is if there's anything you wished you cold experience that is, like, way out of what's possible. Or if you're looking for skills, there are plenty of jobs out there that would otherwise take years to train for, so you could have your dream job in a snap!" As she's talking she's jumping up and down and waving her hands, trying to distract the spirit-bot from the hulking behemoth that is steadily being lowered from the ceiling. It's a monolithic mass of wires and gleaming chrome plates, all surrounding a black cube of flawless granite. Every few seconds the wires all gain tension with a *Vrrrr-click* flexing like muscles and tendons as they rearrange one of the segmented chrome sections. It may be rather intimidating to anyone not used to extra-spatial geometry. In front of it sits a plastic yellow lawn chair.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mental Menagerie]

"I don't know... Is there an alternate form of payment for the memories I give you?"

8. - Top - End - #98

Mental Menagerie

The girl has a hard time with the concept. "You mean.. you want to sell memories? I... we've never really... I don't know?

Her movements get frantic and wild, arms flailing about impossibly until she slumps to the floor, motionless.

After awhile a teenager walks from behind the machine now dominating the room, chewing on a toothpick and generally looking sleezy. When he speaks, his voice is indistinguishable from the little girl's. "Sorry 'bout that, listen, boss says it's fine if you're looking for some cash, he's got plenty on hand to trade. We'd have to determine the quality of your thoughts first, vividness, character, emotional distance, that sort of stuff. Don't worry, he sent me out because I'm a qualified dream appraiser, and the science isn't too different. I'm gonna make sure you get top dollar for your neuro chemical transmissions."

Waldorf walks by with a new sign for the front window, it now says "We buy, sell, and trade experience."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mental Menagerie]

"All right. Sounds good to me."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-09-16 at 05:08 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Barkhouse Bestiary

"She wasn't exactly an ice dog; more of an ice fox," said Xalicus, "though it was frightening. I thought she was going to kill me!"

He realized he was getting sidetracked, and refocused his thoughts. "Well, anyway, thanks. Two days shouldn't be too long a wait. As for appearance, I'm not picky, although I think I'd prefer green eyes."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

11. - Top - End - #101

Mental Menagerie

The kid stares at her for a bit, expecting something, "Sooo what kind of memories do you have to offer? We'd prefer something unique, but in case of duplicates we usually just melt them down and take the best of whatever comes out of it. Heck Waldorf is practically addicted to our lottery montages.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

"Memories of my home dimension, of inhabiting a war machine and fighting as it, of constructing and using this body..."

13. - Top - End - #103

Mental Menagerie

"Perfect, that's what we love to hear. A war torn future full of strife and fear. Action, adventure, fighting for one's life. All the adrenaline fuel one could want without the bodily danger. Well let's get you hooked up and you can decide how much you wish to sell." He gestures over to the rickety chair eagerly.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mental Menagerie]

She sits down in it.

15. - Top - End - #105

Mental Menagerie

"Alright then, just a simple test to make sure we're getting anything, and we can begin. Think about the warbot you said you took over, get a clear mental image." He takes a few crocodile clips and tries to attach them to her hair wires, while one of the chrome panels moves around the chair to rest in front of them.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mental Menagerie]

She gets a very, very, clear image.

It looks like this.

17. - Top - End - #107

Mental Menagerie

Then after a bit of static that is what should appear on the screen. Assuming her mind isn't ludicrously impenetrable, he'll continue on, "Alright, now if you have a particular event or skill you want to share, I'll take a sample and see what we can pay for it."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mental Menagerie]

Nope, not too bad.

She focuses on the battle she died in, from the night before to the time that it ended. She starts off as a human woman, and ends up the Slayer.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-09-16 at 06:06 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109

Mental Menagerie

He's a bit taken aback she'd choose something like that, but it's nothing he hasn't seen before," Hey, a bit personal, but that's alright. Let's see here... detailed, very detailed, and has alot of emotional attachment if I'm viewing this right. It's obviously not a new memory, which says great things about your faculties if you can remember it this well. It's a bit blurry about the edges, but that's typical... All in all I'd say it's top quality, but probably low yield. We don't get alot of calls for deaths, although with past-lifers running around that could change. I think I could afford to offer maybe eight troy ounces of gold, converted to whatever currency you want it in." Hey starts flipping through a touch-pad, getting to his exchange rates program in preperation.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-09-16 at 06:19 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110

[Barkhouse Bestiary]

"Green eyes it is then," Lando replies with a nod, jotting down a few notes on the custom pet's specifications. "Alright. Now we'll just need your name and a down-payment on your new creature companion. Half the cost up front, and the other half on delivery."

Lando will then give a price!

Seems pretty reasonable for a cat. Especially a magical cat that can fly.

"Ah, and for no extra charge to celebrate the opening of Mallside we're throwing in awakening if you would like."

A beat.

"That means your cat would be able to speak and understand human speech. Are you interested?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mental Menagerie]

"That sounds fair enough. I think I'd like it in whatever is accepted in the most places. And how about skills? Would those be worth more?"

22. - Top - End - #112

Mental Menagerie

"Depending on how much time was spent acquiring them, certainly. Keep in mind we're new at this whole monetary exchange thing, most people just swap with us, but I'm sure we could offer you a fair price on anything you can do. Just so long as it isn't gardening. We really don't need any more gardening." He shudders with revulsion at the mere thought.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mental Menagerie]

"How about necromancy and the construction of bodies like mine, or the old one?"

24. - Top - End - #114

Mental Menagerie

"We deal in all kinds of skills here, but what it really boils down to is the time spent acquiring those skills. It's the easiest metric to measure them by, as other things like personal turmoil and money spent are a bit more subjetive. So, if you spent decades building these machines and learning the dark arts, you could be sitting on a gold mine. Literally! He laughs nervously a bit, then trails off.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mental Menagerie]

"Ten years before I died, then another thirty afterward."

26. - Top - End - #116

Mental Menagerie

"So does this mean you're willing to sell?

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mental Menagerie]

"Yes."

28. - Top - End - #118

Mental Menagerie

"Right!"

He waves his hands around a clump of wires near the corner of the massive cube, and it reacts as if it were a theramin, emitting a humming, purring whine that steadily grows in pitch. The screen that was still displaying her death in an endless loop goes blank and retracts, beginning an intricate dance with its fellows, looping over and under, folding, twisting, until everything stopps in a seemingly random configuration. A small spark jumps from one of the crocodile clips to her fine golden hair, and the process is complete.

"Hold on just a sec," he waves again and the screen displays a series of 3D wave grids, all of the spikes blue and black except for one bright pink anomaly at the end, "Nevermind, just a bit of feedback, on the plus side, you now know how to knit, if you didn't already. I'll just let the machine calculate your bill, and then we can settle up."

His touch pad does some calculations before spitting out a receipt, Alright with the death, the voodoo and the engineering your total comes up to 43.8, call it 44, troy pounds of gold. I'll send out Waldorf to see it gets exchanged to Nexus money."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bunny Ears Boutique

Eldena and Celia chatter between themselves as they set up shop. Eldena uses her magic to place racks of clothes while Celia organizes various jewelry items.
    For the finishing touch, they place a large "NOW OPEN!" sign outside the store.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Mental Menagerie

"Right!"

He waves his hands around a clump of wires near the corner of the massive cube, and it reacts as if it were a theramin, emitting a humming, purring whine that steadily grows in pitch. The screen that was still displaying her death in an endless loop goes blank and retracts, beginning an intricate dance with its fellows, looping over and under, folding, twisting, until everything stopps in a seemingly random configuration. A small spark jumps from one of the crocodile clips to her fine golden hair, and the process is complete.

"Hold on just a sec," he waves again and the screen displays a series of 3D wave grids, all of the spikes blue and black except for one bright pink anomaly at the end, "Nevermind, just a bit of feedback, on the plus side, you now know how to knit, if you didn't already. I'll just let the machine calculate your bill, and then we can settle up."

His touch pad does some calculations before spitting out a receipt, Alright with the death, the voodoo and the engineering your total comes up to 43.8, call it 44, troy pounds of gold. I'll send out Waldorf to see it gets exchanged to Nexus money."
    "Sounds good."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-09-16 at 07:26 PM.