New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Akiiki mumbles as he wakes up. It's like his new a brand new world. The colors are so vivid. The sounds so sharp. The smells so pungent...

That's when he realized he was still a baby.

The feelings were overwhelming. He couldn't help it. The baby mind would not let him hold it in.

Though part of it is Serilus' fault. He did wake a baby without a bottle or picking him up. Serilus just poked him.

"WAAAAH!!! WAAAAH!! WAAAH!!"
    "Uh oh, I didn't mean it." Serilus quickly scooped up Akiiki with magic and carried him out to the main section of the Civic Center, then began frantically searching for something that Akiiki could drink.

A few minutes later, Serilus had found a bottle of milk, and quickly offered it to Akiiki in an attempt to pacify the zebra foal.
    Thanks to Skeppio for my avatar.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

"Oh, so you higher-ranking ponies can get unique things? That's cool- Hey, wait for me!" The purple filly scampered to keep up. "It's not very easy to repair something that's moving, you know."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

3. - Top - End - #333
    Pixie in the Playground

"Then stop repairing it before you have all the spare parts you might need! And no. But higher ranking ponies get payed a lot more so we can afford a custom armour." Replied Rodny while quickly trotting towards his room.
    Last edited by Rodny; 2011-09-25 at 11:27 PM.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Pixie in the Playground

Anypony following the trail of magic leading to the lake would find, upon reaching the lake shore, that the trail of magic led INTO the lake...down, down deep into the waters of the vast patch of water that made sunsets so amazing...right in the direction of the underwater volcanic glass.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

Spark Chaser and that one adventure involving something that happened to Knack Tinker
    ---The Lake

Spark knew it was very foolish to be running around in a thunderstorm like this. The lightening flashed intensely, almost enough to make Spark jump. But he was foolish, so there.

When he and any others got to the lake, well, the water was swelling a lot. It was not something safe to go swimming in that's for sure. It was kinda scary with the big waves crashing against the shore.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Level8Mudcrab View Post
    "Uh oh, I didn't mean it." Serilus quickly scooped up Akiiki with magic and carried him out to the main section of the Civic Center, then began frantically searching for something that Akiiki could drink.

A few minutes later, Serilus had found a bottle of milk, and quickly offered it to Akiiki in an attempt to pacify the zebra foal.
    Akiiki

Akiiki politely and clumsily gabbed the bottle with his hooves and sucked. It was so good for being cow's milk. He was raised on another liquid as there were no cows where he is from. Not at the time, there are now.

He suckled the bottle down to nothing so quickly. This wasn't good as he now had gas. The baby's face wasn't exactly beaming with joy now.

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    Anypony following the trail of magic leading to the lake would find, upon reaching the lake shore, that the trail of magic led INTO the lake...down, down deep into the waters of the vast patch of water that made sunsets so amazing...right in the direction of the underwater volcanic glass.
    Hover

"There better not be crabs down there"
    says the pink mare upon arriving to the lake. A mysterious black cloud starts to form above them. "I don't care for the water. The cold reaches of the deep enjoys swallowing the hopes of ponykind."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

Hover

"There better not be crabs down there"
    says the pink mare upon arriving to the lake. A mysterious black cloud starts to form above them. "I don't care for the water. The cold reaches of the deep enjoys swallowing the hopes of ponykind."
    Foxglove hurried up behind them, looking down into the water.

"Oh, of course there are crabs," She says in cheerful response. The idea of there not being crabs is just silly to her, as is the idea of disliking the crabs.

Then, underneath her curtain o' wet mane, an idea forms. "I bet they'd help if I asked. Should I?"

Mainly, she wanted to make sure Smoothie, who was the best with magic, didn't have a magical idea of how to help that the crabs would only get in the way of. Or maybe, by asking instead of just doing, they could find a way to make the crabs extra useful.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

8. - Top - End - #338
    Pixie in the Playground

Jormong finally climbed up the staircase and literally barged in through the front doors of the Civic Centre. When the doors closed behind him, the muddy white pony looked around to find any familiar faces. He really needed to clean all the mud from his flowing watery mane.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Foxglove hurried up behind them, looking down into the water.

"Oh, of course there are crabs," She says in cheerful response. The idea of there not being crabs is just silly to her, as is the idea of disliking the crabs.

Then, underneath her curtain o' wet mane, an idea forms. "I bet they'd help if I asked. Should I?"

Mainly, she wanted to make sure Smoothie, who was the best with magic, didn't have a magical idea of how to help that the crabs would only get in the way of. Or maybe, by asking instead of just doing, they could find a way to make the crabs extra useful.
    If you think it'll help at all. Smoothie says, looking in the lake worried, and pacing back and forth, trying to come up with a plan. She's looking at the area the magic is going to, and there's probably something in there, but what?

10. - Top - End - #340
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    If you think it'll help at all. Smoothie says, looking in the lake worried, and pacing back and forth, trying to come up with a plan. She's looking at the area the magic is going to, and there's probably something in there, but what?
    Scoops stands at the edge of the water looking in at nothing in particular. "Well I can kind of swim... not very well though."

Despite the trouble, and the rain, her voice doesn't sound depressed or worried at all. Whadda continues to look down at the water.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawn Blossom followed the others to the lake. She was itching to just dive into the lake and follow the magic to its source, but she had too much experience to not know that was a dumb idea.

----------

Heartflight got up onto the stage and searched through the tracklist before settling on a song. She picked up the mic and began to sing as the guitar and drums made way for her vocals.

The song.

One mare come in the name of love
    One mare come and go
    One mare come she to justify
    One mare to overthrow

In the name of love
    What more in the name of love
    In the name of love

One mare caught on a barbed wire fence
    One mare she resist
    One mare washed on an empty beach.
    One mare betrayed with a kiss

In the name of love
    In the name of love

(nopony like you...)

The vocals faded for a moment, and Heartflight paced across the stage, getting into the rhythm.

Early morning, April 4
    Shot rings out in the Memphis sky
    Free at last, they took your life
    They could not take your pride

Here Heartflight tossed the mic into the air. Where it landed, nopony knew, probably in a plot hole.

In the name of love
    In the name of love
    In the name of love
    What more in the name of love....
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-09-26 at 12:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

12. - Top - End - #342
    Dwarf in the Playground

Night Jewel stopped to listen. "Oh, nice! You're really good at this, aren't you, Heartflight." Only once the song was over did she go after Rodny.

Once she was in the room, she looked around, partly to see what she'd have to work with and partly to see if there was anything interesting to meddle with that she probably wasn't supposed to touch.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

13. - Top - End - #343
    Pixie in the Playground

The room itself was clean and organized, like a soldiers room. There was a single bed in one end of the room, a workbench, each compartment filled with parts for his armour and things with which you could maybe even build a giant steam robot... if you had enough imagination. There was also a door in the side, which lead to a small balcony without a roof. It was currently a bit flooded by the storm.

By the time Night came into his room Rodny had unequipped his armour and could see him without the red armour. "Well you can work over there on the workbench." He pointed with his hoof at the bench.
    Last edited by Rodny; 2011-09-26 at 03:38 AM.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride-Civic center-The Dissonance and also the karaoke lives on

After Heartflight had finished her song, Gearstride had formally apologized to her. "I ahm...I'm sorry for have had made you feel bad. I didn't mean for that, I' can be an insensitive dope like that. I uh...didn't appreciate the whole second dumping of syrup but if you're sorry..then I guess I'm okay." Though honestly, its not completely petty about being angry with someone who dumped syrup all over you, no would like that in real life. I call moral dissonance here

"But anywhom,"
    Gearstride pawed at the ground before glancing up again. "Yea...sorry for that."
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-09-26 at 11:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

The Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Foxglove nodded and clicked her teeth a few times. After a minute, a bunch of crabs scuttled up from the water, looking at Foxglove with beady eyes. They clicked their mandibles a few times, incredulously.

"Oh, well, I'm sorry for disturbing you..."

More clicks.

"O-oh, I'm sure the carcass is excellent, and will still be there when you get back."

Indignant clicks.

"No! I am not trying to steal the carcass! Because I am up here and it is at the bottom of the lake!"

Suspicious clicks.

"Ponies are not like starfish, little crabs."

Reluctant clicks

"Listen, my friend Ms. Tinker needs help, and whatever's hurting her seems to be in the lake -- will you look for me, please?"

The crabs just sort of scuttle back and forth in a little lump.

"Get moving."

They immedietly hurried back into the water.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-09-26 at 08:07 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

16. - Top - End - #346

Akiiki

Akiiki politely and clumsily gabbed the bottle with his hooves and sucked. It was so good for being cow's milk. He was raised on another liquid as there were no cows where he is from. Not at the time, there are now.

He suckled the bottle down to nothing so quickly. This wasn't good as he now had gas. The baby's face wasn't exactly beaming with joy now.
    After two days of doing this, Serilus was somewhat practiced at looking after Akiiki. Knowing what to do next, he levitated Akiiki up to himself and held him in his hooves, then patted him on the back to burp him.

Sighing to himself he said "You owe me big time for all this Akiiki"

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy applaud-stomped after Heartflight's song, and, once she was done with Gear, whispered to her, "See? Ah told you they were good ponyfolk. Ah know that wasn't easy for you, but ah'm mighty proud of ya'll for it." He patted her on the back, although he had to rear up on his hind legs to reach that high. It had taken some effort and Silverpine/Gearstride meeting her halfway, but she had finally sorta kinda apologized. Still, progress was progress, and it should be rightly recognized.

(OOC: I do agree with the right to be upset, but it was also pretty clear she was sorry about it. Meh, it's a tricky situation, and foals are just so well-suited to the social minefields of this RP. )
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Level8Mudcrab View Post
    After two days of doing this, Serilus was somewhat practiced at looking after Akiiki. Knowing what to do next, he levitated Akiiki up to himself and held him in his hooves, then patted him on the back to burp him.

Sighing to himself he said "You owe me big time for all this Akiiki"
    "Urp!" belched the baby zebra. Akiiki even managed to not spit up on Serilus this time. Be was learning to control his baby grossness. It was just hard since he had to filter his consciousness through a suckling's brain.

As a show of thanks, the striped baby hugged the now purple colt. It was an adorable scene.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

19. - Top - End - #349
    Pixie in the Playground

Jormong was still at the front doors, still muddy and still looking around for anyone he knew.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Pixie in the Playground

The crabs would return, and describe a block of the volcanic glass that seemed seperated from the rest. They couldn't really tell what was in it, but whatever it was, it was pony shaped...and it was hollow.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove blinks.

"Ummm...Ok. They say they found a hollow, pony-shaped glass thing... It's not a part of the rest of the lakebed."

She explains, translating for the crabs. The click a few more times.

"Oh, I don't know. Is that all we want to know?"

They wave a claw.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Gearstride-Civic center-The Dissonance and also the karaoke lives on

After Heartflight had finished her song, Gearstride had formally apologized to her. "I ahm...I'm sorry for have had made you feel bad. I didn't mean for that, I' can be an insensitive dope like that. I uh...didn't appreciate the whole second dumping of syrup but if you're sorry..then I guess I'm okay." Though honestly, there is nothing petty about being angry with someone who dumped syrup all over you, no would like that in real life. I call moral dissonance here

"But anywhom,"
    Gearstride pawed at the ground before glancing up again. "Yea...sorry for that."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy applaud-stomped after Heartflight's song, and, once she was done with Gear, whispered to her, "See? Ah told you they were good ponyfolk. Ah know that wasn't easy for you, but ah'm mighty proud of ya'll for it." He patted her on the back, although he had to rear up on his hind legs to reach that high. It had taken some effort and Silverpine/Gearstride meeting her halfway, but she had finally sorta kinda apologized. Still, progress was progress, and it should be rightly recognized.

(OOC: I do agree with the right to be upset, but it was also pretty clear she was sorry about it. Meh, it's a tricky situation, and foals are just so well-suited to the social minefields of this RP. )
    Sliverpine was right beside Gearstride the whole time. (I think.) He nuzzled her softly after she did her thing. "You did good, Gear. You did good," he whispered, smiling.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Foxglove blinks.

"Ummm...Ok. They say they found a hollow, pony-shaped glass thing... It's not a part of the rest of the lakebed."

She explains, translating for the crabs. The click a few more times.

"Oh, I don't know. Is that all we want to know?"

They wave a claw.
    A pony shaped glass thing? Smoothie asks, every part of her soaking wet.

Well, unfortunately, I can't in good conscience leave without checking it out. Smoothie says, her horn starts glowing, and she dives headfirst into the raging waters.

Her horn will continue to glow as she swims into the lake, since she's using it as a light to see ahead of her. Naturally, after casting a waterbreathing spell of course.

She swims down to the area with volcanic glass, looking for this thing the crabs mentioned.

24. - Top - End - #354

Scoops shifts around uncomfortably at Smoothie diving into the water to get the glass pony. Even the best swimmer would have trouble getting something that heavy back to the surface.

"Does anypony have some rope? She might need some help!"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

25. - Top - End - #355

"Urp!" belched the baby zebra. Akiiki even managed to not spit up on Serilus this time. Be was learning to control his baby grossness. It was just hard since he had to filter his consciousness through a suckling's brain.

As a show of thanks, the striped baby hugged the now purple colt. It was an adorable scene.
    Serilus returned Akiiki's hug before placing him back on the floor. "Now that breakfast is over, what would you like to do next?"

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawn Blossom frowned, and fished around in her backpack for something. "I'm going after her," she said, pulling out what looked like some sort of mouthpiece.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-09-26 at 06:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Hover

"Why'd it have to be crabs?"
    says the nervously shaking mare. She peeks over at Smoothie from the little gray stormcloud she plucked from the sky.

Then she hears Whadda's question and pulls out a thick rope. "I never leave home without rope. You never know when reality shifts and you need a lifeline for your sanity."

Akiiki

The baby zebra mumbles some infantile nonsence only sucklings like he would understand. Somehow Serilus and other nearby ponies get a hint or two of what he meant. Something about a ball.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Sliverpine was right beside Gearstride the whole time. (I think.) He nuzzled her softly after she did her thing. "You did good, Gear. You did good," he whispered, smiling.

Here the filly wanly smiled at the orange colt with the silver mane, though she still felt a little bad, she still ponied up. Perhaps a sap soppy duet would be the remedy
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-09-26 at 09:31 PM.

29. - Top - End - #359

Hover

"Why'd it have to be crabs?"
    says the nervously shaking mare. She peeks over at Smoothie from the little gray stormcloud she plucked from the sky.

Then she hears Whadda's question and pulls out a thick rope. "I never leave home without rope. You never know when reality shifts and you need a lifeline for your sanity."
    "Well if a mare's going in after her, bringing the rope would let us drag them out if anything happens," Whadda states. She hadn't been introduced to Dawn Blossom, so she couldn't refer to her by name. She jumps up in the air a few inches hoping Hover would drop the rope down.

"Plus whatever they're going after might be heavy."
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

"...We seriously can't just let those two go down alone."

She commented worriedly. But she didn't have a spell of a scuba-tank or anything of the sort, so instead she turned to the crabs.

"Keep an eye on them, OK? Dawn's my friend, and I don't want anything bad happening to her. If something happens, get help and get me."

And that was, in the end, the best she could do. The crabs scuttled down after the two.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)