New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by Rodny View Post
    The room itself was clean and organized, like a soldiers room. There was a single bed in one end of the room, a workbench, each compartment filled with parts for his armour and things with which you could maybe even build a giant steam robot... if you had enough imagination. There was also a door in the side, which lead to a small balcony without a roof. It was currently a bit flooded by the storm.

By the time Night came into his room Rodny had unequipped his armour and could see him without the red armour. "Well you can work over there on the workbench." He pointed with his hoof at the bench.
    Armed with the spare parts and her magic, Night Jewel sat down at the work bench and focused on putting the mechanisms back together. Her real speciality was sabotage, but if you knew how to make something work, it was much easier to make it stop working, so she knew a good deal about repairing things as well.

Still, it wasn't an easy task. In some ways, it was like doing a jigsaw puzzle, only given enough time, she could reshape the pieces without getting the annoyed looks she would get for cutting puzzle pieces with scissors and gluing them back together in different ways. It was a bit of an exercise for her mind, and she loved it.

After a lot of careful work, the armour was finally close to usable condition. The little filly looked up and smiled at Rodny. "That was fun! Most use of my skills since I came to this town. You wouldn't believe how shoddy most of the locks are, and that's when there even were locks!"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

2. - Top - End - #362
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

The pony shaped glass was not far off, for soon she was able to see it, seperated as it was from the wall that created the illusion at dusk.

Inspecting the glass would reveal there was something inside it...and the trail of magic led right to it.

IF she produced enough light, inside, she would see something akin to the armor of the royal guards...only this set seemed to cover alot more than that of the guards, and even had armor for the wings.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Smoothie would study the armor for a little bit, moving around while doing so to indicate to her friends she was A-okay, looking for anything distinctive, such as things that were only used during a certain time period, distinctive markings indicating who this pony had been, or anything else that could point her towards what was happening. For some reason, in the back of her mind, she was getting a feeling of absolute dread. The same feeling she had when Nightmare Moon had appeared.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Pixie in the Playground

The armor had only one distinctive marking about it...the armor itself displayed a cutie mark. But it was difficult to tell with the glass refracting it. It did seem familiar though. As if she had seen it before. And the more she looked around the armor, the more glimpses of it she got. Until one spot revealed it perfectly. It was a red sword in front of a blue shield, with the sun and moon pierced through the tip of the sword.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight bowed slightly to the applause before stepping offstage.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Gearstride-Civic center-The Dissonance and also the karaoke lives on

After Heartflight had finished her song, Gearstride had formally apologized to her. "I ahm...I'm sorry for have had made you feel bad. I didn't mean for that, I' can be an insensitive dope like that. I uh...didn't appreciate the whole second dumping of syrup but if you're sorry..then I guess I'm okay." Though honestly, its not completely petty about being angry with someone who dumped syrup all over you, no would like that in real life. I call moral dissonance here

"But anywhom,"
    Gearstride pawed at the ground before glancing up again. "Yea...sorry for that."
    "Oh yeah, um ..." Heartflight shrugged. "Yeah. Sorry 'bout that."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

After noticing this little detail, she swims back up to the surface, going up to where the other ponies were situated.

The pony shape is a piece of armor encased in volcanic glass. she explains to them. If that was a pony, they died long ago. There's nothing more that can be learned here. she says walking back towards the bar.

I know I've seen that mark somewhere before, but where? Where was it, and why am I getting this feeling again?
    she thought to herself. She wasn't entirely sure why, but she started moving towards the bar more quickly.

Something was wrong. Very very wrong.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight bowed slightly to the applause before stepping offstage.

"Oh yeah, um ..." Heartflight shrugged. "Yeah. Sorry 'bout that."
    Gearstride-Civic Center

Well that was the most awkward apology Gearstride had ever had to give, probably not the best worded, but there was sincerity in the apology. For the xanadu filly, she still didn't feel the uncomfortableness of the situation go away. She bowed away from the group and trotted off to the kitchen for some water.
    --

Spark Chaser-The lake

There was really nothing he could do aside from help secure the rope and hope that the waves and currents didn't overpower his friends who went into the lake.
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-09-26 at 11:32 PM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Akiiki

The baby zebra mumbles some infantile nonsence only sucklings like he would understand. Somehow Serilus and other nearby ponies get a hint or two of what he meant. Something about a ball.
    "Ooh, a ball? Sounds like fun" Serilus trotted over to a conveniently placed cupboard and opened it. Dozens of balls of varying sizes, shapes and colours tumbled out of the cupboard and landed on Serilus. Poking his head out of the pile he grinned and said "Found some"
    Thanks to Skeppio for my avatar.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well thank you for fixing it." Rodny had been looking over her shoulder. He has personally made some of those contraptions and more then knew what he was doing to his own armour. "I saw a few mistakes but those I can fix my self right now." Rodny turned around towards the door and said while walking towards it. "Feel free to stop by any time and use the workbench and all the things in it." He looked back at her and then nodded at the door. "But for now let's just go down to whatever those strange strange foals and colts have in-store for normal aged ponies... and Damrot."

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

"Wait!"

Foxglove cried out, an idea coming from the blue.

"Knack's magic is going into it, right?...So shouldn't we try and bring it with us, so we have Knack's magic with us?...I'm sorry if that's dumb."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride-2nd Day-Civic Center-Night

After returning from the kitchen she brushed by Silverpine's side. "Would you like to be my duet partner for a sap soppy song? Hamming it up is a requirement."

Fox Trot-2nd Day-His House-Night

Brrr, the colt was feeling rather cold when he got home, didn't help it was raining. The umbrella wasn't all that useful when the streets had mild flooding and his legs...his fur was a bit on the wet side. He wasn't too happy that his carpet would be subject to light stains but there was only so much he could dry and clean off before going inside his house.

He turned up the heater in his house and made himself a cup of hot cocoa.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

Gearstride-2nd Day-Civic Center-Night

After returning from the kitchen she brushed by Silverpine's side. "Would you like to be my duet partner for a sap soppy song? Hamming it up is a requirement."
    "By now, I think we should have 'Ham' as our new middle name. Just sayin'," Sliverpine replied, with a grin and a discrete wink.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "By now, I think we should have 'Ham' as our new middle name. Just sayin'," Silverpine replied, with a grin and a discrete wink.

"So is that a yes or a no?"
    She asked. What she really wanted was a distraction, pure and simple. Something to keep her mind occupied from ze earlier angst.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

"So is that a yes or a no?"
    She asked. What she really wanted was a distraction, pure and simple. Something to keep her mind occupied from ze earlier angst.
    Sliverpine responded with a gentle nuzzle to the neck. "Of course, it's a yes dear."

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "Wait!"

Foxglove cried out, an idea coming from the blue.

"Knack's magic is going into it, right?...So shouldn't we try and bring it with us, so we have Knack's magic with us?...I'm sorry if that's dumb."
    It's not dumb but...it's impractical to say the least. she says, at first not bothering to elaborate, then explaining.

I'm pretty adept at levitation, but that's bigger than anything I've ever dealt with. I could probably do it, but after all the energy I'm going to expend cutting a black out of the glass, I might not be able to o it, I might lose my magic again for a while, or I might just straight up drown. I could cut the thing out, but I have a very bad feeling about it. she says.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

Sliverpine responded with a gentle nuzzle to the neck. "Of course, it's a yes dear."

"Actually instead of something sappy and soppy, how about something cheesy and soppy, how about that song "You're the one I want"....Plus I just like the line 'I need a colt who can keep me satisfied'...makes me giggle,"
    The filly smiled, her own thoughts about the silly song putting her in better spirits.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    It's not dumb but...it's impractical to say the least. she says, at first not bothering to elaborate, then explaining.

I'm pretty adept at levitation, but that's bigger than anything I've ever dealt with. I could probably do it, but after all the energy I'm going to expend cutting a black out of the glass, I might not be able to o it, I might lose my magic again for a while, or I might just straight up drown. I could cut the thing out, but I have a very bad feeling about it. she says.

"Well can't you tie the rope around it?"
    Whadda grabs the rope and walks a little bit towards the shore. "We could have everypony helping out."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

"Actually instead of something sappy and soppy, how about something cheesy and soppy, how about that song "You're the one I want"....Plus I just like the line 'I need a colt who can keep me satisfied'...makes me giggle,"
    The filly smiled, her own thoughts about the silly song putting her in better spirits.
    "Ah this one... Well, here goes." Sliverpine dragged the filly onstage to where the mic stand are presumably still standing. Assuming Gear sang the first line.

I got chills.
    They're multiplyin'.
    And I'm losin' control.
    'Cause the power
    you're supplyin',
    it's electrifyin'!

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah this one... Well, here goes." Sliverpine dragged the filly onstage to where the mic stand are presumably still standing. Assuming Gear sang the first line.

I got chills.
    They're multiplyin'.
    And I'm losin' control.
    'Cause the power
    you're supplyin',
    it's electrifyin'!

The filly was all all cheesy smiles as she was taken to the stage as the silly hoof moving song started to play.

"You better shape up
    'cause I need a colt
    and my heart is set on you.
    You better shape up,
    you better understand
    to my heart I must be true~"

Cheesy or not, the filly put energy into it.

(We don't have to do all the lyrics, btw ^^)
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-09-27 at 12:30 PM.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

"Well can't you tie the rope around it?"
    Whadda grabs the rope and walks a little bit towards the shore. "We could have everypony helping out."
    It's too heavy. We'd need some sort of heavy duty metal cord or something. A standard rope will just snap. she says.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Level8Mudcrab View Post
    "Ooh, a ball? Sounds like fun" Serilus trotted over to a conveniently placed cupboard and opened it. Dozens of balls of varying sizes, shapes and colours tumbled out of the cupboard and landed on Serilus. Poking his head out of the pile he grinned and said "Found some"
    Akiiki giggles and leaps in the ball pile. He kicked some up balls. His hooves flied in a out of the various pockets on air within until the pile partially collapsed.

Now on the floor with a ball in his mouth, Akiiki tossed a ball up and waited for somepony to catch it.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

The filly was all all cheesy smiles as she was taken to the stage as the silly hoof moving song started to play.

"You better shape up
    'cause I need a colt
    and my heart is set on you.
    You better shape up,
    you better understand
    to my heart I must be true~"

Cheesy or not, the filly put energy into it.

(We don't have to do all the lyrics, btw ^^)
    (Thought it would be fun.)

Sliverpine fell on his knees, clutching the mic stand with his forelegs.

Nothin' left, nothin' left for me to do.

You're the one that I want.
    (you are the one i want), o,o, oo, honey.
    The one that I want.
    (you are the one i want want), o,o,oo, honey.
    The one that I want
    (you are the one i want want), o,o, ooooo
    The one I need.
    Oh, yes indeed.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

(Thought it would be fun.)

Sliverpine fell on his knees, clutching the mic stand with his forelegs.

Nothin' left, nothin' left for me to do.

(you are the one i want), o,o, oo, honey.
    The one that I want.
    The one that I want
    (you are the one i want want), o,o, ooooo
    The one I need.
    Oh, yes indeed.

(Okay, fine, only because of peer pressure )

"If you're filled with affection,
    you're too shy to convey
    meditate in my direction.
    Feel your way~"

The filly smirked at the colt gesturing him to come her way with a hoof.

(deadtiming for two hours)
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-09-27 at 01:19 PM.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

(Okay, fine, only because of peer pressure )

"If you're filled with affection,
    you're too shy to convey
    meditate in my direction.
    Feel your way~"

The filly smirked at the colt gesturing him to come her way with a hoof.

(deadtiming for two hours)
    (what? *whistles innocently*)

The orange colt waltzed over to her side rather clumsily, and held her with one hoof.

I better shape up,
    'cause you need a colt

I need a man
    who can keep me satisfied.

I better shape up
    if I'm gonna prove

You better prove
    that my faith is justified.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

It's too heavy. We'd need some sort of heavy duty metal cord or something. A standard rope will just snap. she says.
    "Everypony helping...No..."

Foxglove mused, off in her own world. The weight of the thing would probably be a lot, that was true... But hadn't looked like there was anything that could be done for Knack with just the book and the casters at-hand.

"What are we gonna do when we get back without it... Did coming here *do* anything?"

She asked, suddenly insistant. Just saying 'oh, we looked and it was a thing we don't know what it was oh well' did not seem like it was adequate help.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

*Sigh* We can try. We can reinforce the ropes by braiding them, or at least twisting them together. I can try to levitate the thing out, but I might need some help releasing it from the lakebed. I can just take the armor out once we get up here, but disintegrate won't end well in an underwater environment. Smoothie explains.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Troll in the Playground

(what? *whistles innocently*)

The orange colt waltzed over to her side rather clumsily, and held her with one hoof.

I better shape up,
    'cause you need a colt

I need a colt
    who can keep me satisfied.

I better shape up
    if I'm gonna prove

You better prove
    that my faith is justified.

Are you sure?
    Yes, I'm sure down deep inside.

(you are the one i want want), o, o, oo, honey.
    The one that I want.

The one that I want

(you are the one i want),o, o, oo
    The one I neeeeeeeed.

Oh, yes indeed.

The filly grinned at the colt next to her head turned to him as the song came to an eventual end. She was glistened with a little sweat..and the lights , though a little worn down she was all smiles. She made to lick Silverpine's cheek before giving a hammy bow.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

*Sigh* We can try. We can reinforce the ropes by braiding them, or at least twisting them together. I can try to levitate the thing out, but I might need some help releasing it from the lakebed. I can just take the armor out once we get up here, but disintegrate won't end well in an underwater environment. Smoothie explains.
    "I'll go down with you, then."

Foxglove looked very grave, looking down into the lake. It could not be said that Foxglove was...well...physically strong, per se. She had good endurance, but she was tiny. A lightweight.

But not doing everything to help someone wasn't right. Knack had been nice to her, and had never had a reason. Foxglove, for all her twists and turns, felt that some things simply had to be simple. And those simple things made her plant her hooves in the dirt... Or in the case, in the water.

"And I'll ask if maybe some of the turtles and fish won't help, too. They're really strong, as a group... I guess we'll let the crabs finish their tasty carcass."

She lowered her head and whispered something into the water, bubbling at the surface. She giggled when the bubbles popped beneath her nose, but kept going, until a school of fish and a few turtles showed up.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #389
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "I'll go down with you, then."

Foxglove looked very grave, looking down into the lake. It could not be said that Foxglove was...well...physically strong, per se. She had good endurance, but she was tiny. A lightweight.

But not doing everything to help someone wasn't right. Knack had been nice to her, and had never had a reason. Foxglove, for all her twists and turns, felt that some things simply had to be simple. And those simple things made her plant her hooves in the dirt... Or in the case, in the water.

"And I'll ask if maybe some of the turtles and fish won't help, too. They're really strong, as a group... I guess we'll let the crabs finish their tasty carcass."

She lowered her head and whispered something into the water, bubbling at the surface. She giggled when the bubbles popped beneath her nose, but kept going, until a school of fish and a few turtles showed up.

Scoops kind of kicks the rope lightly while the others talked about how to get out the conundrum. "Well we can't just let the poor foal... I mean especially on what's supposed to be a happy day..."

The newsmare doesn't really have any other ideas. "If you can give a signal I can pull the rope as hard as I can to help."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Scoops kind of kicks the rope lightly while the others talked about how to get out the conundrum. "Well we can't just let the poor foal... I mean especially on what's supposed to be a happy day..."

The newsmare doesn't really have any other ideas. "If you can give a signal I can pull the rope as hard as I can to help."
    "Because I am not going in crab infested waters, I'll pull the rope from here too." said Hover. She flapped her wings and started to twist the ropes together with them and her hooves.

."Since I'm a grown up now, I can use my increased might and be the anchor in the pull, even though this is all futile."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris