New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

"Alright!...Umm...Top Hat? How do we find her house?"

Top Hat tapped his chin with his hoof in response.

"Well, like any great detectives, we must start by compiling all relevant information, and then use that to locate the errant building!"

Inwardly, Top Hat sighs. He didn't pack his detective costume somewhere he could reach it -- but a crime-solving samurai had a certain ring to it, after all!

"Ok, well, it's a 'cleft house,' right? Like the musical notation?"

"That's right, Silk Scarf my dear! It must be a musical house!"

"But how do you tell a musical house from a regular house?"

"Why, you listen for the music! Alright, Miss Rest, we have decided on a course of action!""We've decided!"

The two began trotting off merrily, leaving their stage and luggage deserted. But before they completely lost themselves to trotting along, they stopped and turned to watch Quaver Rest following.

"Come along, Miss Rest!"

Silk Scarf adds, conversationally,
    "So, is this your family's house? It sounds incredible!"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

For ponies who were "gathering all the information" these two sure were slow to actually, y'know, ask me anything. Quaver thought, as she fell in behind them with only small hint of her reluctance.

"Cleft as in musical notation yes. It belongs to some cousins of mine who use it as a holiday home. I've never seen it before myself, but from what they told me it should be near the water and there may be a sign on it."

"I suppose it might be too much to hope that this place has a town directory somewhere?"

3. - Top - End - #963
    Troll in the Playground

Cue group ponyshrug: the two ponies seemed perfectly suited to moving in unison, as if there was an invisible electric signal pulsing back and forth between them, relaying information faster than light.

Or, maybe, the two of them just had about the same ideas at about the same time.

"How should we know? We just arrived here."

"That's right! Silk Scarf and I travel the world, spreading joy with our magic to all the foals and foals-at-heart!"

The two of them continued trotting ahead anyway, thinking and listening for music. Eventually, Silk Scarf added,

"Oh, there's a lake near town! We came to see the beautiful lighting effects on the crystal bottom!"
    "You're right! We should definately show her that while we look!"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #964
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sneaky Sneak - Whadda Scoops

Scoops meanwhile continues observing from a secret location. It's simply perfectly normal for a reporter to get a story by not interviewing someone from the safety of a bush that may or may not have thorns.

Perfectly normal.

Whadda pops her head out of the bush and looks around before jotting something down. She then goes back into cover hopefully before any of the new ponies see.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ettin in the Playground

Quaver successfully resisted the impulse to facehoof, although she pause momentarily at the revalation that Top Hat and Silk Scarf were both new to town as well.

Great, the blind leading the blind. Hopefully we'll at least draw attention from a local before too long. She thought. I really should have taken the samurai regailia as a warning sign.

Subconciously, Quaver's well-practiced ears twitched at the sound of Whadda taking cover. But the thought of investigating was pushed to the back of the mare's mind as she corralled her mental energies into attempting to engage these eccentric ponies in rational conversation.

"You travel the world, you say? What brought you to Bridle Shores out of all the other places out there?" She asked.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Troll in the Playground

They turned and looked at Whadda, spying from the bushes.... They even waved, and posed in case she had a camera.

But luckily, the two of them don't have an attention span that can last more than one conversational train, unless, of course, they fuse topics together. But the idea of why they travelled appealed. Well, why they travelled to Bridle Shores

"Well, like we said -- we came to see the lake."
    "That's right! The lake has a crystal bottom, where you can see the sun setting and the moon rising reflected in the water together! It's wonderfully romantic!"

The two began to dance in place, with Top Hat spinning Silk Scarf around and around. From their voices, they didn't seem to take anything halfway: they still sounded as energetic as if the conversation had just started.
    "A natural harmony!"
    "Just like us, little Momma!"
    He dipped her. They posed, and then eventually righted themselves.

"But why did you come to Bridle Shores?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

7. - Top - End - #967

Okay, Not so Sneaky - Whadda Scoops

Well of course she had a camera. What sort of reporter wouldn't have a camera. It isn't the Ponyroid this time, she isn't nudging the end of a deadline (that she self-imposes). Scoops pops her head out of the bush and takes a picture before going back into 'hiding'.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh great. Quaver thought as the one question she was hoping to avoid was asked. Here's hoping that they aren't perceptive fools, those kind might make life difficult here..

"Vacation" she lied "Haven't come to a decision on how long yet though ... it might depen - "

This time, the sound of the camera registered, and caused her to look behind her. Seeing nothing but an empty road and some shrubbery, she frowned.

"Is somepony there?" she called.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Troll in the Playground

"Hey, Top Hat..."
    "What's that, Silk Scarf M'dear?"

The two leaned together conspiritorially, whispering. Loudly. They were not good at whispers, and as a result, Quaver could hear everything they were saying. Heck, Whadda could hear everything they were saying.

"Don't people normally have to tell their bosses how long they'll be away when they go places?"
    "Egad, you're right! What do you think it means?"
    "Maybe she's self-employed, like us... or maybe...She's on the run."
    "On the run -- for a crime she didn't commit!"
    "That must be it! She seems like too good a person to have really done something bad!"
    "We'll have to take great care to keep her secret safe. We don't breathe a word of this to anyone, alright?"
    "My lips are sealed!"

The two of them, like a couple of foals, mimed zipping their lips, locking the zipper, throwing away the key, finding each other's keys, burying them, and then planting a tree where they buried them, since they weren't interested in being homeowners.

Oh, yeah. And the camera pony. They sprang back up from their secretive crouches.

"Hello there! Why not take some pictures without those bushes in the way?"
    "We don't bite!"

What happened to your lips being sealed, you two?
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

10. - Top - End - #970
    Pixie in the Playground

Knack arrived on her farm and decided to go looking around it, making sure all was in order as she did. Perhaps she'd run into one of her hired hands? Who knew? But for the moment, she was just happy to be home. Though her colored pupils and rather greyed out colors might be odd to look at to somepony, she was still Knack.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

11. - Top - End - #971

Getting the Scoops - Whadda Scoops

After jotting down everything, of course, Scoops slides over Quaver. This is in one of those 'where did you come from' cartoon near-teleports.

"Whadda Scoops, Ponyville Po- er Bridle Shores Star, care to address the rumors you are a wanted criminal on the run?" For such a loaded question, Whadda is very perky, and has a big friendly grin.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ettin in the Playground

Quaver rolled her eyes as the two ponies started "whispering" loudly enough to be heard the next street over.

She'd been right to worry that they were perceptive fools, thankfully they'd taken her slip up and run off on a tangent of imagination which suited her just fine.

Her moment of relief was brought to a crashing halt.

Taking pictures? Oh brilliant, I hope it's not a reporter. The last thing I want right now is ---

She broke off, as Whadda suddenly appeared next to her.

Figures.

She arched an eyebrow in return to the reporter's question and ridiculously large grin. Her finely tuned senses were informing her that yet another nutcase had appeared to be added to her rapidly growing list.

Hopefully, in this case, she could explain the virtues of respecting personal privacy with a minimum of hassle.

And if not, there was always the option of mounting a more persuasive argument with her foil.

"Simply the product of a pair of overactive imaginations, I assure you.." She replied, wondering how she was going to get rid of this one.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Troll in the Playground

"Hey now! Miss Rest is a good pony, who would never commit a crime!"
    "Never commit a crime!"

The two did their favorite gesture, the dramatic hoof-point. After all, their version of events had Quaver on the run for a crime she didn't commit, as opposed to one she did commit. And, also, because their version of a good pony was very lax -- or maybe it was just very forgiving. Either way, apparently this was their version of sticking up for their new friend.

"We won't hear anyone speaking ill of her!""No one, got it?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

14. - Top - End - #974

"Miss Rest," Whadda explains while, oh wow she's doing that extremely happy upside-down head thing (reference: Pinkie). "If there are rumors going around of this it would befit you to make a clear statement."

Scoops slides over to the pair of also not-what-one-would-descibe-as-normal ponies. "I assure you my only motivation is the truth. Speaking of which, are here for Nightmare Night? My sources said they'd arrive later and there'd be a singer with them."
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ettin in the Playground

"Very well." Quaver replied, somewhat frustrated at the whole affair. But hay, maybe if she gave the reporter what she wanted, she'd leave her alone. Raising a hoof, she began checking off items in her mind as she attempted to reply to Whadda without revealing the real reason of her trip..

"Firstly, I categorically deny any claims that I am a wanted criminal." True.

"Secondly, I am not on the run from the law." Also true.

"Finally, my reasons for being in town amount to what is commonly referred to as a "vacation", in that I am here to escape the complications of city life and enjoy some peace and quiet." True, albeit technically.

"Now, I hope that satisfies you?" She asked.

Outwardly, she assumed a neutral, somewhat bored expression, hoping it would drive the other pony to seek more interesting fare with the two show-ponies behind her.

Inwardly she smiled, she could try her hoof at politics for all that she'd managed to tell the truth while skirting around the real reasons for her arrival. She might have confided the real reason in a friend, but Celestia banish her if she let some nosy parker get it out of her so easily.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Troll in the Playground

That they were wrong didn't bother them; that was just a theory, and they could swing along with the next theory, but they did decide to file the information they had for later.

"There, see! Hey, you live here, right?"

Silk Scarf broke out, suddenly looking proud of herself for the idea. Top Hat looked at her and caught on. He grinned -- that was a great idea!

"We're looking for a house near the lake --"
    "Or maybe some other body of water, like a river, but I think it's mainly the lake!"
    "Do you know of one?"

As for why they were here, well... They weren't here specifically for Nightmare Night, actually. And anyway, they weren't who Whadda was thinking of.

"We'd love to have a singer!"
    "That's right!... But we're in the area because we felt like it -- we're wanderers, going where the winds take us, putting on our spectacular magic shows! We can stay for Nightmare Night if you like, though...Or even find a singer!"

They turned and looked at Quaver.
    "Hey, isn't Quaver Rest a term in music?"
    "Do you do Music, huh?"
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-11-09 at 05:26 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yeesss ..." Quaver replied, not sure if she liked the direction this question was going.

"I do have a rather extensive ability with music and composition, although I don't know how much my talents would be helpful to a magic show like yours. I predominately favour the classical genre after all."

Turning to Whadda she provided a bit more detail to the query the duo had asked earlier.

"They're actually helping me find my accomodation here in Bridle Shores; Cleft Cottage or the Cleft family residence ... I don't suppose you know where it might be?"

18. - Top - End - #978

"Nope! Just moved in town yesterday. Spent most of my time getting set up. Quiet town though, was able to get to bed early at around two!" Scoops replied with the same amount of energy as everything else thus far. She, of course, didn't have time to learn addresses of everything.

Odd town though, ponies keep moving in. Whadda starts jotting everything the three other ponies here start saying. She turns to the two showponies.

"oooh you should be sure to pick up the paper tomorrow! All the details. The whole nightmare night planning committee in Canterlot payed for a 2-page spread. I think lots of towns are getting funding for fun."
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #979
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, well. There's just not much call for classical music."
    "Not much call."

They shrugged in unison. Then they turned back to Whadda,

"Well, would you like to help us find her quarters anyway?"
    "Would you?"

((Sorry for the short post))
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

20. - Top - End - #980

Whadda looks unsure for a moment. Sure she should keep busy with the paper, always busy, but progress today has been rather quick. Also a group this interesting usually just bounces into adventure, misadventure, and general things which are fit to print.

"Sure thing, but I might have to get back to work if it takes too long!"
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ettin in the Playground

"Fine, good, great ... wonderful!" Quaver grumbled, as she hitched herself back up to her cart and began to pull it further into the township. She'd been hoping to see the back of the nosy pony reporter.

"I'm sure we'll soon reach critical mass where we have so many ponies who don't know their way around that we find the place simply through random chance."

The buildings seemed to be growing thicker and more ornate the closer they got to the middle of the town. Several places of business appeared to be open, and more importantly, occupied with what should likely be local residents.

"Lets put the theory to the test then. Which one of those do you think would be a good place to start asking?

22. - Top - End - #982
    Troll in the Playground

The two of them stopped behind her, tilting their heads in confusion.

"What happened to looking by the lake?"

"That's right! There is a map of town we picked up -- it's a tourist map, so there's no specific houses, but we can find the lake!"

Top Hat levitated a map out from under his helmet. It was a tourism map, as they had said -- so it only showed major locations and streets. But there was the lake at the bottom, and the roads leading to it.

Because apparently a good idea in the mouths of fools still gets ignored: Maybe this was the reason they decided to only mainly have foolish ideas. It's not as if there are that many bodies of water in the area.

Either way, they paused and looked the map over.

" But if that's how things are... Why don't you try the soda bar? It's on the tourism map, so it's bound to have people in it!"
    "It's bound to have people in it!"
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-11-10 at 07:15 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

23. - Top - End - #983
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot-Town Center

After some consideration, the young stallion opted for purchasing some flowers for his beloved, for aesthetic and consumption. A bouquet of roses, because he was a cheesy romantic. So at the moment he found himself busy trying to find a stall that sold roses.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ettin in the Playground

"Soda bar? Excellent!" Quaver responded, with all the enthusiasm of an earth pony about to leap off a cliff. "Off we go then"

Without waiting to see if the others were following, perhaps partly because she was hoping they weren't, she dragged her cart through the Town Center and towards the place indicated by Top Hat's map.

25. - Top - End - #985

"Ooh, that's Soft's place. She's related to the Pies I think. The fun side, but I don't expect you'd know any of them, especially around here." Scoops kind of blurts out. A moderately excellent idea in fact. Could be a chance to figure out what happened with the statue.

Whadda trots out in front. That's one place she knows how to find.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Lionheart
    Lionheart laughed.
    "En garde!" he said as he went to cover Heartflight's cheek in chocolate frosting.
    Why he said En Garde, the world may never know.
    Heartflight ducked, and some frosting got on the rug.

"Whoa, careful there," she said. "We don't want Mystic to come back to find her place all messed up, now do we?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

27. - Top - End - #987
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight ducked, and some frosting got on the rug.

"Whoa, careful there," she said. "We don't want Mystic to come back to find her place all messed up, now do we?"
    "Yeah...you're probably right."
    Ear droop, sad face. He had been enjoying the icing battle, and was sad that they shouldn't continue.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah...you're probably right."
    Ear droop, sad face. He had been enjoying the icing battle, and was sad that they shouldn't continue.
    Heartflight nodded, considering the situation. "So we should probably take it outside," she added.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #989
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight nodded, considering the situation. "So we should probably take it outside," she added.
    Well that turned that frown upside down.
    "Yay!" he said as he galloped towards the door.
    And then he hit the wall next to the door.
    He bounced off, comically shaking his head and opening the door then going outside.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

Well that turned that frown upside down.
    "Yay!" he said as he galloped towards the door.
    And then he hit the wall next to the door.
    He bounced off, comically shaking his head and opening the door then going outside.
    "The door's to your left, kiddo," said Heartflight. It was rather odd to hear a foal who appeared 6 calling a foal of 10 'kiddo'.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show