New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Sliverpine nodded. "Of course. We'll be there come hell or high water..." His belly decided that moment to give a loud growl. "...or hunger pangs," he finished with a whimper. "Jeez, this big appetite is getting to me."

His ears perked up when Sandy mentioned the 'snacks' he prepared. "Oh, that sounds good." Sliverpine had to exert every bit of willpower he had not to open the nearest wrapper and gobble down what he perceived to be a delicious and filling snack. "Let me just stow that away for emergencies... can't be wasting them..." Sliverpine said reluctantly, taking the bars and quickly putting them in his saddlebags before he changed his mind. The earth pony shouldered his bags and looked at Sandy.

"Well, we better get going before I get hungry again. I'll clean up later... Oh, I forgot. Maybe we should stop by the Clunker as well. I think Gear would want to come along. It isn't that much of a detour."
    "That's alright with me. The morning craving seems to be mostly over anyhow, and with all the nonsense that's been keeping us back, we may need all the ponies we can get." With their things ready, hunger momentarily sated, and cravings satisfied, the two ponies started to make their way towards the Clunker, Sandy again waving to the ponies in the lobby.

(I suppose they can chat along the way while we wait for Benson to regain internet access, only I can't think of a conversation topic at the moment. Blargh.)
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-11-26 at 11:10 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

[Civic Centre]

Sweetheart had nodded to the passing ponies, but remained silent.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    "Vaguely distressed? You might say that." Quaver replied, as she hammered a tack into the job board with her hoof. "Rather peeved, might also serve as a similarly useful understatement. Especially since I just found out that some featherbrained genius of a removalist decided to leave a piano on my front lawn which I now need to get indoors before the next scheduled rainfall."

"Thankfully, this just adds only one minor extra worry to an otherwise splendid situation I find myself in." She continued, as she hammered another one in hard enough to rattle the board cause a couple of other notices to drift onto the floor.

Sighing, she stooped to retrieve the fallen messages and put them back. Just because she was having a poor day was no excuse for ruining somepony elses.

She paused, realising that her last thought had other immediate applications.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to come across as a bit rough this morning, I'm just having one of those days ... the fact that it's much like every day I've had here so far isn't helping." She said, as she turned away from the board and offered a hoof in greeting to the other mare. "I'm Quaver Rest, I don't think we've met; not surprising given that I'm new to town."
    Sweetheart kept her lifeless expression as she listened.. "I take it your piano situation is not your only problem. Days like that happen." She ignored Quaver's outburst quite simply.

"Anyway, my name is Sweetheart. I am from a long way away, and have only recently arrived here." She shook the other mare's hoof, but it felt halfhearted, like more of an attempt to follow social rules than actual friendliness.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Except he missed her. Or he would have, if Heartflight hadn't dashed under the colt to break his fall, getting the wind knocked out of her.

"Oof ... pony, you're heavy for a foal," she groaned, though that may be thanks to her currently 5-year-old stature.
    "Oof!"
    As she caught him the air was knocked out of him as well and his aviator glasses went clattering to the ground.
    "I am not fat!"
    She didn't say that Lionheart.
    She said heavy.
    "I would have been fine..."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    "Oof!"
    As she caught him the air was knocked out of him as well and his aviator glasses went clattering to the ground.
    "I am not fat!"
    She didn't say that Lionheart.
    She said heavy.
    "I would have been fine..."
    "If I thought you were fat I wouldn't have offered you icing," Heartflight said dryly, before climbing out from under the heavy-not-fat foal and getting to her feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1025

"If I thought you were fat I wouldn't have offered you icing," Heartflight said dryly, before climbing out from under the heavy-not-fat foal and getting to her feet.
    Lionheart frowned then grinned.
    "You're right..."
    His hoof went to his chin in thought.
    I wonder what Mystic is doing."
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground

Lionheart frowned then grinned.
    "You're right..."
    His hoof went to his chin in thought.
    I wonder what Mystic is doing."
    "I think she's getting ready for a date," Heartflight said candidly.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

7. - Top - End - #1027

"I think she's getting ready for a date," Heartflight said candidly.
    "What's a date?"
    He has no idea what one is.
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

"What's a date?"
    He has no idea what one is.
    "Something that makes friendships extremely confusing and needlessly complicated," Heartflight deadpanned.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

9. - Top - End - #1029

"Something that makes friendships extremely confusing and needlessly complicated," Heartflight deadpanned.
    "Oh...then I'm never gonna go on a date!"
    He grinned.
    Unfortunately he doesn't know what he's saying right now...
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [Civic Centre]

Sweetheart had nodded to the passing ponies, but remained silent.

Sweetheart kept her lifeless expression as she listened.. "I take it your piano situation is not your only problem. Days like that happen." She ignored Quaver's outburst quite simply.

"Anyway, my name is Sweetheart. I am from a long way away, and have only recently arrived here." She shook the other mare's hoof, but it felt halfhearted, like more of an attempt to follow social rules than actual friendliness.
    "Nice to meet you Sweetheart." Quaver replied, frowning. She'd never known it was possible to receive such a limp hoofshake before.

"Not to pry, but are you okay? You seem a bit down yourself, and if there's one thing I learned today it's that venting can be catharthic at times."

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Nice to meet you Sweetheart." Quaver replied, frowning. She'd never known it was possible to receive such a limp hoofshake before.

"Not to pry, but are you okay? You seem a bit down yourself, and if there's one thing I learned today it's that venting can be catharthic at times."
    "I am fine. You would notice otherwise." Sweetheart was indeed "fine", although she had no choice but to be. "My situation is of no concern to you.

"If I could say I was pleased to meet you, I would, but I cannot. I will instead settle for asking more about your troubles."

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ettin in the Playground

"I am fine. You would notice otherwise." Sweetheart was indeed "fine", although she had no choice but to be. "My situation is of no concern to you.

"If I could say I was pleased to meet you, I would, but I cannot. I will instead settle for asking more about your troubles."
    Quaver blinked, not quite sure how to respond. The words she heard were pretty rude, but the inflection was almost uncaring. As a result, like in so many other situations thus far in Bridle Shores, she found her brain undergoing the mental equivalent of a train crash.

"Eehh?" She asked, eyes crossing slightly before she managed to reboot her thinking. Rubbing her forhead with a hoof she continued. "I'm sorry, what? You aren't pleased to meet me, but you still want to ask after my troubles more? If I'm bothering you I can just leave my messages on the board and leave you in peace."

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quaver blinked, not quite sure how to respond. The words she heard were pretty rude, but the inflection was almost uncaring. As a result, like in so many other situations thus far in Bridle Shores, she found her brain undergoing the mental equivalent of a train crash.

"Eehh?" She asked, eyes crossing slightly before she managed to reboot her thinking. Rubbing her forhead with a hoof she continued. "I'm sorry, what? You aren't pleased to meet me, but you still want to ask after my troubles more? If I'm bothering you I can just leave my messages on the board and leave you in peace."
    "I never said you were bothering me. I simply have no reason to care. Still, what matters to you is more important than what matters to me due to the absence of the latter. If it would help you, you can tell me more about your troubles."

It was tricky trying not to feel anything while still being helpful. Even if Sweetheart could have felt surprised by Quaver being confused, she wouldn't have.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "That's alright with me. The morning craving seems to be mostly over anyhow, and with all the nonsense that's been keeping us back, we may need all the ponies we can get." With their things ready, hunger momentarily sated, and cravings satisfied, the two ponies started to make their way towards the Clunker, Sandy again waving to the ponies in the lobby.

(I suppose they can chat along the way while we wait for Benson to regain internet access, only I can't think of a conversation topic at the moment. Blargh.)
    When they come across the Clunker, verbal methods of getting Gear's attention would find themselves fruitless. The door was unlocked the door and inside the sleeping xanadu mare was sleeping with a new body pillow she purchased some time during the time skip, she was a cuddler. Her snores were just a little bit adorable.

Around on her slim dresser/ work table were a few gadget devices she was working on in various stages of completion. Also, I assume she would have snatched her hat back from Heartflight at some point during the time skip/

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ettin in the Playground

"I never said you were bothering me. I simply have no reason to care. Still, what matters to you is more important than what matters to me due to the absence of the latter. If it would help you, you can tell me more about your troubles."

It was tricky trying not to feel anything while still being helpful. Even if Sweetheart could have felt surprised by Quaver being confused, she wouldn't have.
    "Err, thanks for the offer, but I think I'm feeling better already." Quaver's brain had righted itself just in time to sound an all hands crazypony alert. Plastering an entirely unconvincing smile on her face, she surreptitiously began looking for an exit.

"I'd best be getting back to dealing with a few other problems of mine before the day gets much older ... if you're staying in town I'm sure I'll see you again soon." She said, as she straightened and intensified her grin.

Many miles distant, far enough that no reasonable link to these events could have been substantiated, a particular orange farmpony raised a hoof to her jaw, wondering why her smilin' muscles were suddenly aching.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post

"Ugh, I hope nopony finds out that I guzzled an entire week worth of food in three days..." Sliverpine muttered, as they neared the Clunker. "Unfortunately, it's either that or feeling starved and lethargic the whole day."

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    When they come across the Clunker, verbal methods of getting Gear's attention would find themselves fruitless. The door was unlocked the door and inside the sleeping xanadu mare was sleeping with a new body pillow she purchased some time during the time skip, she was a cuddler. Her snores were just a little bit adorable.

Around on her slim dresser/ work table were a few gadget devices she was working on in various stages of completion. Also, I assume she would have snatched her hat back from Heartflight at some point during the time skip/
    Naturally, they would try shouting her name first. When that failed, Sliverpine shrugged and cautiously tried the door. Wincing slightly at the loud creaking the steel door made, he peered inside to the sight of the sleeping mare. He turned to Sandy and held a hoof up to his lips, before venturing in closer. The stallion in him couldn't help but admire his fillyfriend in his an adorable state.

"Gear? Sorry to wake you, but I think you'd want to come," he said gently, nuzzling her. More omniously, he tried to ignore the first sign of hunger his stomach was sending him.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Troll in the Playground

"Ugh, I hope nopony finds out that I guzzled an entire week worth of food in three days..." Sliverpine muttered, as they neared the Clunker. "Unfortunately, it's either that or feeling starved and lethargic the whole day."

Naturally, they would try shouting her name first. When that failed, Sliverpine shrugged and cautiously tried the door. Wincing slightly at the loud creaking the steel door made, he peered inside to the sight of the sleeping mare. He turned to Sandy and held a hoof up to his lips, before venturing in closer. The stallion in him couldn't help but admire his fillyfriend in his an adorable state.

"Gear? Sorry to wake you, but I think you'd want to come," he said gently, nuzzling her. More omniously, he tried to ignore the first sign of hunger his stomach was sending him.

"Mmm...familiar smell...must be...the pizza I ordered last Tuesday,"
    Her eyes shifted to opening up a little. "Oh...not pizza...but better." She reached outward putting her fore legs around his close head/neck and pulled him toward her and sleepily grinned. "A nice wake up kiss might get me out of bed quicker."

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills- Civic Center

The chef peeked out the window. The mob of dog loving fillies had dispersed. It was his chance to escape. "Let's make a break for it."

Grills hopped out the window and sprinted away. His hooves burned the grounds as hit the road. But Sugar loves her attention and barked for onlookers from Grills' back. But it was too much even for her. The unicorn was forced to teleport away in a burning crater of crazy.

Somewhere a shivering box hid a dog and pony.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ettin in the Playground

Her eyes shifted to opening up a little. "Oh...not pizza...but better." She reached outward putting her fore legs around his close head/neck and pulled him toward her and sleepily grinned. "A nice wake up kiss might get me out of bed quicker."
    Sliverpine dutifully obliged with a not-so-chaste kiss on her cheek. The orange stallion pulled back and grinned. "Come on, Gear. We're going to see Dr. Magic and darn if anything stop us today."

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Err, thanks for the offer, but I think I'm feeling better already." Quaver's brain had righted itself just in time to sound an all hands crazypony alert. Plastering an entirely unconvincing smile on her face, she surreptitiously began looking for an exit.

"I'd best be getting back to dealing with a few other problems of mine before the day gets much older ... if you're staying in town I'm sure I'll see you again soon." She said, as she straightened and intensified her grin.

Many miles distant, far enough that no reasonable link to these events could have been substantiated, a particular orange farmpony raised a hoof to her jaw, wondering why her smilin' muscles were suddenly aching.
    "Why do you lie to me? There is no point. It is clear that you simply dislike me and desire to avoid me." This was also completely deadpan. Sweetheart may have kept her emotions under control, but she still could read the emotions of others quite well. "I will not inconvenience you further. You may leave, if that is what you feel is best."

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Troll in the Playground

Sliverpine dutifully obliged with a not-so-chaste kiss on her cheek. The orange stallion pulled back and grinned. "Come on, Gear. We're going to see Dr. Magic and darn if anything stop us today."

"Mmm...I suppose a kiss on the cheek will suffice, for for now,"
    She lopsidedly smirked and glanced to the side. Getting up she invoked some cartoon antics and shook her mane into place, as opposed to brushing it normally. "Alrighty..let's go I suppose."

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ettin in the Playground

"Why do you lie to me? There is no point. It is clear that you simply dislike me and desire to avoid me." This was also completely deadpan. Sweetheart may have kept her emotions under control, but she still could read the emotions of others quite well. "I will not inconvenience you further. You may leave, if that is what you feel is best."
    "A-heh heh ... Dislike you? Of course not. Don't know why you'd think that really." Quaver replied. It wasn't a lie, she didn't dislike the pony so much as she was creeped the hay out by her.

"Oh my, would you look at the time." Quaver said, holding up a non-existant watch. "Must dash, so much to do today!"

Sheesh, what is it with this town and crazy ponies? That one reminded me of Bright Days, right after she decided to paint herself black and change her name to Death Shayde.

She was so caught up in her thinking that she didn't see the makeshift barricade blocking the front door and crashed into it full tilt. Extracting herself from the mess, Quaver looked around in panic. This was just like one of those bad horror movies.

Seeing an open window nearby Quaver dove through.

Ha Ha! Take THAT karmic fate! She thought, as she sprinted back to town.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Dwarf in the Playground

"A-heh heh ... Dislike you? Of course not. Don't know why you'd think that really." Quaver replied. It wasn't a lie, she didn't dislike the pony so much as she was creeped the hay out by her.

"Oh my, would you look at the time." Quaver said, holding up a non-existant watch. "Must dash, so much to do today!"

Sheesh, what is it with this town and crazy ponies? That one reminded me of Bright Days, right after she decided to paint herself black and change her name to Death Shayde.

She was so caught up in her thinking that she didn't see the makeshift barricade blocking the front door and crashed into it full tilt. Extracting herself from the mess, Quaver looked around in panic. This was just like one of those bad horror movies.

Seeing an open window nearby Quaver dove through.

Ha Ha! Take THAT karmic fate! She thought, as she sprinted back to town.
    Sweetheart was lucky enough not to have to choose between laughing and crying. She simply acknowledged the irony of restraining herself to avoid frightening ponies only to frighten them anyway.

Still, perhaps it was for the best that she was avoided. Were she ever to slip among other ponies, there could be terrible consequences.

"Well, I tried my best, and I still screwed things up. Nothing I can do about it." She then concentrated on her work. There were no alternatives.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ogre in the Playground

Sweetheart was lucky enough not to have to choose between laughing and crying. She simply acknowledged the irony of restraining herself to avoid frightening ponies only to frighten them anyway.

Still, perhaps it was for the best that she was avoided. Were she ever to slip among other ponies, there could be terrible consequences.

"Well, I tried my best, and I still screwed things up. Nothing I can do about it." She then concentrated on her work. There were no alternatives.
    It just so happened that Dawn Blossom found herself at the Civic Center as well. Why she was there didn't matter, but she noticed a ... rather odd pony near the bulletin board. She approached the mare.

"Hi!" she said.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy knew his cue to leave. He waited outside the Clunker for the two to be done with their canoodling, idly reading from a book he'd brought along. Since his short stint as a foal, he'd taken Icy's advice to heart and kept a steady supply of reading material whenever he traveled with these two. Once they emerged, he put his book away and nodded to Gear. "Mornin' Gear. Let's get a move on before Celestia knows what happens." The three ponies set off for Dr. Magic's hut, likely with Silverpine leading the way.

(Should we just let them reach Dr. Magic's, or will stuff happen along the way? I'm not going to have time to really DM stuff, as we're getting into the final sprint for the term at school.)
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Troll in the Playground

[Just have them reach Dr Magic's office would be fine]

"Good morning my dear Sandy,"
    She nods and follows the colts, though frankly, she's not quite sure why she was brought along, but hey she didn't mind it. Though she did wish that she grabbed some fruit leather before leaving for a breakfast snack.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Dr. Magic, meanwhile, was sitting in his office, just like he had been doing for every day since he retired from being a main character. He hadn't noticed any odd circumstances (besides his first harvest-day feast needed to be removed from someone's throat a week early) or coincidences at all. He was drinking his tea.

"It's good to be a background pony..."

"Mmm...I suppose a kiss on the cheek will suffice, for for now,"
    She lopsidedly smirked and glanced to the side. Getting up she invoked some cartoon antics and shook her mane into place, as opposed to brushing it normally. "Alrighty..let's go I suppose."
    [Just have them reach Dr Magic's office would be fine]

"Good morning my dear Sandy,"
    She nods and follows the colts, though frankly, she's not quite sure why she was brought along, but hey she didn't mind it. Though she did wish that she grabbed some fruit leather before leaving for a breakfast snack.
    (Very well.)

Surprisingly, their journey was smooth and free of suspiciously convenient obstacles that plagued their previous attempt to see Dr. Magic. Sliverpine remarked as much as they neared his office. He noticed the hungry look on Gear's face as they walked though, and had to swallow his hunger to offer her one of his precious snack bars.

Once there, Sliverpine reached out a hoof and began rapping on his door smartly.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-11-27 at 07:47 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Troll in the Playground

"It's an office. You just step in. What can I do for you fellows?"

He ushered them into his waiting room. It had the usual old magazines, except instead of having out-of-date haylights, it had out-of-dates Dark Magic and You.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Dwarf in the Playground

It just so happened that Dawn Blossom found herself at the Civic Center as well. Why she was there didn't matter, but she noticed a ... rather odd pony near the bulletin board. She approached the mare.

"Hi!" she said.
    "Hello," replied Sweetheart in her usual cold tone of voice. "There seem to be a lot of ponies passing through this place."

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ettin in the Playground

Quaver slowed to a halt, as she neared the downtown part of Bridle Shores. Looking around, she decided that she could definitely use a drink and headed for the bar.

(Exit General thread, and heading for Downtown/Bar thread.)