New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "If nopony else minds, ah'm up fer it." Being on stage with friends? Much better. Sandy got up on stage and just used a mic stand.
    Clearly Sandy is cheating because mic stands don't come free.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Clearly Sandy is cheating because mic stands don't come free.
    Sandy is his own stallion. He does as he pleases.

But fiiiiine, he levitates his mic to a neck holder or something, and then does the same for Silverpine.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-09-19 at 02:15 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

"I know, Fox..." she replied in an equally soft voice, her eyes watching Fox's every move.
    The pair continued where they last left off adding in some reverse turns which are just natural turns but well...reversed. Its starts to look like they're really dancing now.

Gearstride-

She just cheats taking advantage of her apparent cartoon antics ability and holds a bottomless mic that Freddy Mercury used between her two hooves and rears up to stand on her rear hooves. She grins at the boys and winks.
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-09-19 at 02:21 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Meanwhile, Heartflight was laying in her room sulking.

Stupid Heartflight, she thought. You almost made some new friends, then you had to go an *non-pony word* it up for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    *shall edit*

Gearstride-

She just cheats taking advantage of her apparent cartoon antics ability and holds a bottomless mic that Freddy Mercury used between her two hooves and rears up to stand on her rear hooves. She grins at the boys and winks.
    Sandy just sighs in "I'm not even going to try and explain that one"-ness, and presses the "On" button. It briefly occurs to him that they hadn't assigned parts for this song, but they were pretty much winging it to begin with.

The music starts up. Sandy hesitates, not quite having the courage to take the first part.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-09-19 at 02:50 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy just sighs in "I'm not even going to try and explain that one"-ness, and presses the "On" button. It briefly occurs to him that they hadn't assigned parts for this song, but they were pretty much winging it to begin with.

The music starts up. Sandy hesitates, not quite having the courage to take the first part.
    Gearstride, being one who enjoys attention takes center stage and starts hamming it up.

Hakuna Matata! What a wonderful phrase

Hakuna Matata! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Hakuna Matata!

7. - Top - End - #187
    Firbolg in the Playground

A formerly empty house with lots of boxes going into it - Whadda Scoops

Scoops spends most of the first part of the day directing a whole shipment of the finest budget printing gear into the empty building she's turning into a house/news stand/printing press. So exciting it's really happening. Of course the first thing that is put in its proper place is the espresso machine she was given for her birthday by THAT CHEATING MULE OF A STALLION.

But you can't very well get rid of something so vital as coffee. Of course she, and most of the movers didn't have much of an idea how to assemble some of the news equipment. While they were figuring that out, Whadda got out a paint and brush and begins making a large sign.

"Bridle Shores Gossip" No that's not it. "The Shores Star" There we go!. Then the mare realizes she has the crossed out part drawn in paint and flips the sign around.

"The Shores Star
    Whadda Scoops - Chief Editor
    Now Hiring"

After a long while, everything in the facility is set up and Scoops gets to work setting up the national and editorial section of the paper. After a quick coffee break, it's time to go find some real news!

Later, where the karaoke is

Scoops is writing something down with a pen in her mouth. A little while earlier, she had managed to snap some pictures of some ponies having fun. The mare is still wearing the camera harness as the music begins to start.

"Sticky fun at the-" Her ears perk up. "I love this song!" she exclaims as Gearstride starts up. Whadda claps excitedly.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Gearstride, being one who enjoys attention takes center stage and starts hamming it up.

Hakuna Matata!
    Despite being reluctantly roped in for this, Sliverpine naturally began to warm up to the ham.

(For obvious reasons I skipped the Timon/Pumbaa part.)

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy stands aside from the other two, as the final part is closer to the end of the song. Although nervous starting out, he gradually gets into the performance, especially near the final lines.

Hakuna Matata!

Soon enough, the song comes to a close. Sandy gives a bow to the audience. All told, it wasn't as terrible as he thought it would be.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Civic Center

"Well that was surprising short, sweet,"
    Gearstride chuckles. She glances at the applauding pony Whadda and grins giving her a bow. Oddly, it seemed like Whadda just materialized from out of nowhere here in the civic center lobby. Awesome.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

The pair continued where they last left off adding in some reverse turns which are just natural turns but well...reversed. Its starts to look like they're really dancing now.
    So... after dancing for sometime, Icy softly asked, "How am I doing, Fox?"

Civic Center

"Well that was surprising short, sweet,"
    Gearstride chuckles. She glances at the applauding pony Whadda and grins giving her a bow. Oddly, it seemed like Whadda just materialized from out of nowhere here in the civic center lobby. Awesome.
    "I told you my choice of song was perfect," Sliverpine huffed, puffing out his chest.

12. - Top - End - #192

"I told you my choice of song was perfect," Sliverpine huffed, puffing out his chest.
    That was about the moment that a flash from a camera aimed directly at the trio goes off. Scoops claps happily again for a moment before jotting down some more things on a notepad.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    That was about the moment that a flash from a camera aimed directly at the trio goes off. Scoops claps happily again for a moment before jotting down some more things on a notepad.
    "Wait, cameras? WHO BROUGHT CAMERAS?" Sliverpine exclaimed, flushing a beet red. Hamming it up in a private room is one thing, it was entirely another thing to have your picture taken while doing so. He spied the source of the offending flash. "You give back that picture now!"

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy scrunched his eyes and tried to rub the spots out. "Agh, the hay was that?"

(Deadtiming for sleep now, bleh early project meetings)
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-09-19 at 11:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195

"Wait, cameras? WHO BROUGHT CAMERAS?" Sliverpine exclaimed, flushing a beet red. Hamming it up in a private room is one thing, it was entirely another thing to have your picture taken while doing so. He spied the source of the offending flash. "You give back that picture now!"
    For convenience, Scoops had decided to use the Ponyroid camera until there's some sort of... any help getting film developed. Whadda wasn't that hard to spot since she's wearing her press hat. The mare looks completely shocked at this reaction and doesn't move as the picture slides out.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

So... after dancing for sometime, Icy softly asked, "How am I doing, Fox?"

"You're still moving just a tad stiffly, but otherwise good,"
    He said keeping his left hoof above her thigh. "Alright, we're going to go for a half spin out and then you'll spin back in." He stopped so that she could practice it while not in motion. He assisted in guiding her through the simple movement.

Gearstride-

Gearstride isn't as effected by having her picture taken, given her personality, though she does become worried with Silverpine's reaction to it.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

"You're still moving just a tad stiffly, but otherwise good,"
    He said keeping his left hoof above her thigh. "Alright, we're going to go for a half spin out and then you'll spin back in." He stopped so that she could practice it while not in motion. He assisted in guiding her through the simple movement.
    Icy tried to doing the half-spin, slowly whirling out, then back in again. She misjudged her spin back in and nearly overbalanced both of them. "Woah..."

Gearstride-

Gearstride isn't as effected by having her picture taken, given her personality, though she does become worried with Silverpine's reaction to it.
    Sliverpine comically dived for the picture as it fluttered to the ground. He should be the first one to reach it, provided nopony else snatched it right under him.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Icy tried to doing the half-spin, slowly whirling out, then back in again. She misjudged her spin back in and nearly overbalanced both of them. "Woah..."
    He wanly smiled watching her, there was just something really cute about the way she made her little errors. "Not bad Miss Icy," He said as she rolled back into his hooves.

Sliverpine comically dived for the picture as it fluttered to the ground. He should be the first one to reach it, provided nopony else snatched it right under him.

"Ooh ooh, this would be so much more awesome in slow motion!"
    Probably more so with the six million dollar man sound effect. Gearstride hopped off the stage.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

He wanly smiled watching her, there was just something really cute about the way she made her little errors. "Not bad Miss Icy," He said as she rolled back into his hooves.
    "At this point, I'm feeling kind of silly doing this," Icy dryly remarked, as he caught her with his hooves.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

"At this point, I'm feeling kind of silly doing this," Icy dryly remarked, as he caught her with his hooves.

"Aw, but you shouldn't, now let's do a half spin to the routine,"
    He put the two into their starting dance positions. Natural turn, natural turn, reverse, half spin.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy just watched as he stepped off the stage; he didn't really mind getting his picture taken.

22. - Top - End - #202

"Ooh ooh, this would be so much more awesome in slow motion!"
    Probably more so with the six million dollar man sound effect. Gearstride hopped off the stage.
    Whadda Scoops looks paralyzed by what she's looking at at the moment. Part of her wants to dive for the picture yelling "nooooooooooooo", another to keep writing, and yet another just wanting to watch.

In the end she can't make a decision and the picture floats to the hooves of the first one to get it. Scoops still has the stunned look on her face.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

Whadda Scoops looks paralyzed by what she's looking at at the moment. Part of her wants to dive for the picture yelling "nooooooooooooo", another to keep writing, and yet another just wanting to watch.

In the end she can't make a decision and the picture floats to the hooves of the first one to get it. Scoops still has the stunned look on her face.
    "Ha! Gotcha!" the orange colt shouted as he reached the picture. He immediately grabbed the picture and stared at the other ponies shiftily. "Nopony saw this!" Apparently, Sliverpine has a phobia of pictures being taken during his most embarrassing moments.

[Icy Touch]

Icy turned this time with slightly more grace. At least she didn't dramatically trip over her hooves or something.

24. - Top - End - #204

"Ha! Gotcha!" the orange colt shouted as he reached the picture. He immediately grabbed the picture and stared at the other ponies shiftily. "Nopony saw this!" Apparently, Sliverpine has a phobia of pictures being taken during his most embarrassing moments.
    Scoops scoots over to where Silverpine had made a diving catch for the photo. She's got a big smile on her face and looks directly at him. "Well it's not my fault you're interesting. Doing interesting things. If you want to say something to clarify I'd love to jot it down."

Her grin grows bigger and she starts tilting her head.
    "Can I have that back?"
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

"Mmm, but you really cute onstage babe,"
    The filly came up from behind and neck nuzzled him. She tried to take a peek at the picture.

[Icy Touch]

Icy turned this time with slightly more grace. At least she didn't dramatically trip over her hooves or something.
    For Fox, this was as simple as breathing air, so he didn't need to concentrate as much. Instead it allowed for his thoughts to take stage. He glanced down at the filly in his fore legs, he still couldn't shake off what had happened earlier.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

"Mmm, but you really cute onstage babe,"
    The filly came up from behind and neck nuzzled him. She tried to take a peek at the picture.
    "Gah! No!" Sliverpine exclaimed, and tried to hide the photo away. If Gear tried to sneak a look, it was a moment of him holding the mic stand with his hooves, mouth wide open.

For Fox, this was as simple as breathing air, so he didn't need to concentrate as much. Instead it allowed for his thoughts to take stage. He glanced down at the filly in his fore legs, he still couldn't shake off what had happened earlier.
    Icy for once, didn't notice Fox's distracted look, so busy she was on trying to keep balance while turning and dancing at the same time. Gah! This dancing thing is hard!

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy decided to sit this particular brand of shenanigans out, and just watch from the sidelines. Silverpine's reaction was funny enough, and he didn't really mind one way or the other if the picture got out. I mean, they were all foals in the picture, so it wasn't like they'd be super recognizable.

No, he was more concerned with the nagging feeling that he was forgetting something. Or somepony. Wasn't there one more pony in the room earlier today? Back when they were all eating the breakfast that Heartflight had-Heartflight! A quick head count confirmed it; she was gone. In all the karaoke nonsense, he'd forgotten he had one more pony to set things right with. He slipped out the door in all the ruckus and started searching for her.

[Sandy - Outside Heartflight's Room]

With no sign of her in the lobby or hallway, her room was the next obvious choice. He knocked, and softly called, "Heartflight? Ya'll in there?"

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

"Gah! No!" Sliverpine exclaimed, and tried to hide the photo away. If Gear tried to sneak a look, it was a moment of him holding the mic stand with his hooves, mouth wide open.

"Oh come on...lemme have a peek babe,"
    She insisted as she tried to swipe the photo away, with well her teeth I suppose. She then took note of Whadda, but this was Silverpine's thing do deal with.

Icy for once, didn't notice Fox's distracted look, so busy she was on trying to keep balance while turning and dancing at the same time. Gah! This dancing thing is hard!

The cute filly in his hooves, and even more beautiful mare, Fox just had to put on a smile. He was a lucky dolt colt, who might just totally mess this all up later if he did something foalish.

"Miss Icy...you're doing well, are you sure you've never danced before?" He playfully teased when she turned into his legs again during the course of this dance.

deadtiming
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-09-20 at 01:21 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209

Scoops presses in closer and somehow has an even bigger smile. "Well, you ARE adorable." She tries to think of a way to get the picture back. At this point it'd be a 50/50 split it would even be in the paper, but you have to keep your options open.

"I could give you a tour of the paper if you give me the pic back."
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Sandy decided to sit this particular brand of shenanigans out, and just watch from the sidelines. Silverpine's reaction was funny enough, and he didn't really mind one way or the other if the picture got out. I mean, they were all foals in the picture, so it wasn't like they'd be super recognizable.

No, he was more concerned with the nagging feeling that he was forgetting something. Or somepony. Wasn't there one more pony in the room earlier today? Back when they were all eating the breakfast that Heartflight had-Heartflight! A quick head count confirmed it; she was gone. In all the karaoke nonsense, he'd forgotten he had one more pony to set things right with. He slipped out the door in all the ruckus and started searching for her.

[Sandy - Outside Heartflight's Room]

With no sign of her in the lobby or hallway, her room was the next obvious choice. He knocked, and softly called, "Heartflight? Ya'll in there?"
    Heartflight was startled at the voice of Sandy coming from outside. She quickly composed herself and said, "Come in."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show