New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "Why don't you go sing a song then, show us what ya got," Gearstride commented, wondering if Night Jewel was bored.
    "All right, 'M'Lady'. I guess it's time to see if I can top you. It doesn't look like that'd be too easy, though." Night Jewel winked at Gearstride, then trotted over to get things set up and select a song. Let's see... They'd find that one amusing if they knew more about me, but they don't, so probably not... Ah! They'll likely like something like this...

When everything was ready, she turned on the music and got to singing.

"We walked on the beach beside that old hotel,
    They're tearing it down now, but it's just as well,
    I haven't shown you everything a mare can do,
    So stay with me, baby, I've got plans for you,

This is the tiiiiime to remember,
    'Cause it will not last forever,
    These are the daaaaays to hold onto,
    'Cause we won't although we'll want to,
    This is the tiiiiime,
    But time is gonna chaaaaange,
    You've given me the best of you,
    But now I need the rest of you..."

((I think I should start warning you when I deadtime. I've got to get to sleep now, for instance, but I'll be back tomorrow.))
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2011-09-21 at 02:06 AM.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

"Mmmm, well I suppose so ma belle cherie, silly and sappy,
    " He nuzzled the filly.
    "Heh. Shall we continue?" Icy asked, smiling at his nuzzle.

(I believe we have done all we can for this and can now crank up the montage machine.)

"Hauh...I have no idea actually...too busy with shenanigans to have paid attention, do ya want to look for him?...and uhm her?"
    She asked.
    "I... uh..." Sliverpine thought hard for a moment. Heartflight did dump two jugs of syrup over the colt. He wasn't so sure if it was a good idea to test his luck for the third time. Fortunately it was then Night Jewel started singing.

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "All right, 'M'Lady'. I guess it's time to see if I can top you. It doesn't look like that'd be too easy, though." Night Jewel winked at Gearstride, then trotted over to get things set up and select a song. Let's see... They'd find that one amusing if they knew more about me, but they don't, so probably not... Ah! They'll likely like something like this...

When everything was ready, she turned on the music and got to singing.

"We walked on the beach beside that old hotel,
    They're tearing it down now, but it's just as well,
    I haven't shown you everything a mare can do,
    So stay with me, baby, I've got plans for you,

This is the tiiiiime to remember,
    'Cause it will not last forever,
    These are the daaaaays to hold onto,
    'Cause we won't although we'll want to,
    This is the tiiiiime,
    But time is gonna chaaaaange,
    You've given me the best of you,
    But now I need the rest of you..."

((I think I should start warning you when I deadtime. I've got to get to sleep now, for instance, but I'll be back tomorrow.))
    "Bravo. Bravo," Sliverpine shouted hammily, clopping his hooves.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot & Icy

...and so the pair continued on with the lesson, waltzing the hour away to the undetermined music, gradually adding in other hoofwork. Now, Icy wasn't going to be in the end automatically master it, but, she'd have gained new knowledge and abilities she didn't have before.

There were still some low dwelling doubts in his mind about him and Icy, ones he didn't want to hear from. He just wanted to enjoy this moment, with the filly mare who was to be his second chance.
    ----

Sometime later

"Mmm....well Miss Icy, I think...I think we'll be ending the lesson here,"
    He said warmly after reluctantly letting go of her.
    ---

Gearstride-Civic Center

The xanadu filly found herself distracted from her previous train of thought and wound up clapping her hooves as well when Night Jewel finished.
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-09-21 at 08:17 AM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Fox Trot & Icy

...and so the pair continued on with the lesson, waltzing the hour away to the undetermined music, gradually adding in other hoofwork. Now, Icy wasn't going to be in the end automatically master it, but, she'd have gained new knowledge and abilities she didn't have before.

There were still some low dwelling doubts in his mind about him and Icy, ones he didn't want to hear from. He just wanted to enjoy this moment, with the filly mare who was to be his second chance.
    ----

Sometime later

"Mmm....well Miss Icy, I think...I think we'll be ending the lesson here,"
    He said warmly after reluctantly letting go of her.
    Icy sighed as she herself reluctantly stepped away from the colt she had fallen heads over heels in love with. "Yes... time seems to fly." She glanced at the clock again. "I don't suppose you want to have an early dinner?"

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Icy sighed as she herself reluctantly stepped away from the colt she had fallen heads over heels in love with. "Yes... time seems to fly." She glanced at the clock again. "I don't suppose you want to have an early dinner?"

"Mmm, Miss Icy....for you I'll suppose I shall want to,"
    He said in his hammy gentlecolt manner. Hm, amusingly, Fox seemed to alternate between adorkable blushing and the charming gentlecolt, a lot. ...And between dishing out the compliments/touches and not being able to handle them when directed at him without his cheeks turning red. Heh.

"Did you have a place in mind?"

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

"Mmm, Miss Icy....for you I'll suppose I shall want to,"
    He said in his hammy gentlecolt manner. Hm, amusingly, Fox seemed to alternate between adorkable blushing and the charming gentlecolt, a lot. ...And between dishing out the compliments/touches and not being able to handle them when directed at him without his cheeks turning red. Heh.

"Did you have a place in mind?"
    "I duno, I overheard some ponies discussing about that new restaurant in town. Maybe we could go there..." Icy mused.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

"I dunno, I overheard some ponies discussing about that new restaurant in town. Maybe we could go there..." Icy mused.

"Alright then...though question is....are we going to run through the rain...I uh....foalishly didn't bring any saddle umbrellas despite seeing how cloudy it was before coming here,"
    He sheepishly smiled.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

"Alright then...though question is....are we going to run through the rain...I uh....foalishly didn't bring any saddle umbrellas despite seeing how cloudy it was before coming here,"
    He sheepishly smiled.
    Icy slapped her forehead as she remembered her magic. "Of course, why am I so dumb? I could have easily conjured an ice umbrella like I did in the Carnival." She rubbed her eyes in annoyance. "I must be slipping..." The icy filly opened her eyes and eyed her filly body. "Don't know how long I can keep it up though."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Icy slapped her forehead as she remembered her magic. "Of course, why am I so dumb? I could have easily conjured an ice umbrella like I did in the Carnival." She rubbed her eyes in annoyance. "I must be slipping..." The icy filly opened her eyes and eyed her filly body. "Don't know how long I can keep it up though."

"Well perhaps long enough to get to my place to pick up some umbrellas, my house isn't that far from the studio, makes the commune easier, heh,"
    He suggested, thinking about it.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight nodded. "Yeah."
    "Then ya'll don't have a thing to worry about. Like ah said; they're good ponyfolk. If you apologize an' such, ah can't see them stayin' mad over somethin' like this." He frowned and stroked his chin in thought. "Well, Gear might make you sing somethin' silly for karaoke, but ah think that's about it."
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "Then ya'll don't have a thing to worry about. Like ah said; they're good ponyfolk. If you apologize an' such, ah can't see them stayin' mad over somethin' like this." He frowned and stroked his chin in thought. "Well, Gear might make you sing somethin' silly for karaoke, but ah think that's about it."
    Heartflight looked steadily at the door. "I ... don't do apologies so well," she admitted.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight looked steadily at the door. "I ... don't do apologies so well," she admitted.
    Sandy thought for a moment, before stamping a hoof on the ground. Because ponies can't snap their hooves. "Ah got it! You can practice apologizin' to me! Ah can help ya'll out when you git stuck, an' that way ya'll can have it down pat when yer apologizin' for real."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well perhaps long enough to get to my place to pick up some umbrellas, my house isn't that far from the studio, makes the commune easier, heh,"
    He suggested, thinking about it.
    "Sounds good." Icy looked outside again. It seemed to have slowed to a drizzle at least. "Let's not dawdle over here." She closed her eyes and concentrated for a moment. The moisture in the air condensed into a long stick, slowly weaving into an umbrella like shape. A moment later, a perfectly formed umbrella was floating in midair, made of ice obviously. It was also only large enough for two ponies to squeeze in.

"Let's... go..." Icy said, panting a little.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Sandy thought for a moment, before stamping a hoof on the ground. Because ponies can't snap their hooves. "Ah got it! You can practice apologizin' to me! Ah can help ya'll out when you git stuck, an' that way ya'll can have it down pat when yer apologizin' for real."
    Heartflight shook her head. "Uh, n-no, that's okay," she said. "I'll be fine. I've done it before, I can do it again."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-09-21 at 11:16 AM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight shook her head. "Uh, n-no, that's okay," she said. "I'll be fine. I've done it before, I can do it again."
    "Oh...alright then." Sandy mentally turned down his enthusiasm a few notches. Sometimes when it came to cheering up his friends, he went a little too far without realizing it. He coughed, and motioned for the door. *ahem* "Well, ah'm ready when you are."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight took a deep breath and nodded, trotting out the door and back into the lobby.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy walked out beside her, hoping that his assessment of Gear and Silverpine wasn't horribly wrong. Once they reached the kitchen/lobby/wherever the karaoke machine was, he gave her a nod and an encouraging smile, then waited for her to speak.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight wanted to start speaking, really she did. But she just couldn't work up the courage. So instead, she turned her attention to the stage and watched Night Jewel sing, waiting for the karaoke machine to be free.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy waited...

And waited...

And waited...

It soon became apparent that Heartflight wasn't going to be talking. He leaned over and whispered, "Come on, Heartflight, you can do this!"

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

"Sounds good." Icy looked outside again. It seemed to have slowed to a drizzle at least. "Let's not dawdle over here." She closed her eyes and concentrated for a moment. The moisture in the air condensed into a long stick, slowly weaving into an umbrella like shape. A moment later, a perfectly formed umbrella was floating in midair, made of ice obviously. It was also only large enough for two ponies to squeeze in.

"Let's... go..." Icy said, panting a little.
    Fox couldn't help but laugh along the way, there was just something so foalish about this and how appropriate that they were foals right now.

Eventually the pair managed to dash towards his house, only slightly wet from a few rain drops that made their way under the ice umbrella. He grinned broadly wiggling his ears, he just felt really silly at the moment. He opened the door and gestured that she go in first, well once she dispersed her ice umbrella.
    --

Gearstride-Civic Center

Was 'a busy having a fun time watching Night Jewel she wasn't aware of Sandy's and Heartflight's presence.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

A while of pretty good singing later, Night Jewel did a bow, stepped back and looked around. "Thanks, everypony. Oh, and welcome back!" She grinned at Sandy and Heartflight. "What were you up to? The same as the other pair, or something completely different!"

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

My turn next! Mystic says, going up to the karaoke machine and grabbing a mike.

My life flows on in endless song above earth's lamentation,
    I catch the sweet, tho' far-off hymn that hails a new creation.
    Through all the tumult and the strife I hear the music ringing;
    It finds an echo in my soul How can I keep from singing?

I lift my eyes, the cloud grows thin, I see the blue above it.
    And day by day this pathway smooths,since first I learned to love it.
    The peace of Celestia makes fresh my heart, a fountain ever springing;
    All things are mine since I am hers how can I keep from singing?

When tyrants tremble, sick with fear, and hear their death-knell ringing,
    When friends rejoice both far and near, how can I keep from singing?
    In prison cell and dungeon vile, our thoughts to them go winging;
    When friends by shame are undefiled, how can I keep from singing?
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-09-21 at 03:53 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

A while of pretty good singing later, Night Jewel did a bow, stepped back and looked around. "Thanks, everypony. Oh, and welcome back!" She grinned at Sandy and Heartflight. "What were you up to? The same as the other pair, or something completely different!"
    Aaaaaand there went Sandy's composure. "Wait, what?! Er, no, we were doin' somethin' different...that is, ah mean, not in the same sense of...er, what ah meant was..." Sandy flushed as the music for the next song started, silencing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post

Sandy was grateful for Mystic's song. It gave him a precious few minutes to collect himself. He clapped once it was done, his face returning to its normal hue.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Wow! That's quite a worthy performance!" Night Jewel listened in admiration, then applauded when it was finished.

Aaaaaand there went Sandy's composure. "Wait, what?! Er, no, we were doin' somethin' different...that is, ah mean, not in the same sense of...er, what ah meant was..." Sandy flushed as the music for the next song started, silencing him.

Sandy was grateful for Mystic's song. It gave him a precious few minutes to collect himself. He clapped once it was done, his face returning to its normal hue.
    The purple filly chuckled. "Relax, you silly colt. I was just teasing you, since you ran off the same way they did." She made a mental note that this was an easy way to have fun with Sandy.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Fox couldn't help but laugh along the way, there was just something so foalish about this and how appropriate that they were foals right now.

Eventually the pair managed to dash towards his house, only slightly wet from a few rain drops that made their way under the ice umbrella. He grinned broadly wiggling his ears, he just felt really silly at the moment. He opened the door and gestured that she go in first, well once she dispersed her ice umbrella.
    And so Icy did.

"Well, that wasn't so bad."

Sliverpine stomped on the floor in approval again. 'Cause tis was how ponies are supposed to clap anyhow.

Unfortunately, Sliverpine wasn't that easily distracted. After Soft's turn, he reappeared behind Sandy. "Oh Sandy, you dashing colt you. I didn't know you were holding out on me!"
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-09-21 at 06:32 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot

"Well we did have your amazing ice umbrella to protect us,"
    Fox said with his usual smile. "Alright, I'll be right back Miss Icy," He galloped up the stairs to his bedroom where he dug through his trunk of stuff. He found his umbrellas, all seven of them, all the colors of the rainbow, one for each day of the week, because even likes accessories to a degree. He took a blue and red one and dashed back downstairs. he of course gave Icy the blue one, which was Saturday's. He took today's.
    -----------------\\\\

Gearstride

"Sandy...how could you.....I thought you and Silverpine were my OTP,"
    She teased the small colt tussling his forelock playfully.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight glanced back at Night Jewel. "Uh, different. I went to wash up, and he came to let me know that karaoke was starting."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Unfortunately, Sliverpine wasn't that easily distracted. After Soft's turn, he reappeared behind Sandy. "Oh Sandy, you dashing colt you. I didn't know you were holding out on me!"
    Gearstride

"Sandy...how could you.....I thought you and Silverpine were my OTP,"
    She teased the small colt tussling his forelock playfully.
    The meager progress back to a non-flustering state was lost as Sandy was reduced to stammering in moments. "Er, well, ah, uh, it's not like, uh, we just..." He flushed bright red and tried to make himself as small as possible. Impressive, given his already diminutive size.

On the plus side, both Gear and Silverpine were right here, so Heartflight could talk to them right now if she wanted.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-09-21 at 07:29 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

The meager progress back to a non-flustering state was lost as Sandy was reduced to stammering in moments. "Er, well, ah, uh, it's not like, uh, we just..." He flushed bright red and tried to make himself as small as possible. Impressive, given his already diminutive size.

On the plus side, both Gear and Silverpine were right here, so Heartflight could talk to them right now if she wanted.
    Night Jewel laughed. "I think that's enough for now, you two, unless we want Sandy to explode or something. And if he exploded, he wouldn't be able to be amusing any more, and he'd make quite a mess too."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight nodded. "He might even explode twice," she said.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show