Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
Results 511 to 536 of 536
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Togath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    And what makes you think that? Personally, I think you're being kind of... well. Your reaction is coming off as homophobic. No offense, but unless you can come up with a better reason than "they're close to each other and the same sex!", this seems more an issue with your personal views than the ad itself.
    Embracing with clothes on in a nonsexual manner is a perfectly normal and innocent scene.
    Nine Lives Disciple(PoW archetype), Quicksilver Lance(wip PoW archetype)
    Kitty over on Steam. Furries itP
    "Dahlia" in a certain fallen city
    Yamabushi(mystic archetype)

    "If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable." ~found on a badly translated store page on steam

  2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground
     
    gooddragon1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the playground

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    And what makes you think that? Personally, I think you're being kind of... well. Your reaction is coming off as homophobic. No offense, but unless you can come up with a better reason than "they're close to each other and the same sex!", this seems more an issue with your personal views than the ad itself.
    Embracing with clothes on in a nonsexual manner is a perfectly normal and innocent scene.
    Firstly, please don't insult me.

    Secondly, you may note that I described what was offensive in gender neutral terms when asked for clarification and only described the Ad itself in the required description of my first post. You are reading intent into what I said that isn't there.

    Lastly, I would have the same problem if it were a guy grinning or blushing while holding a female and both were clothed. Kissing is a public display of affection, but this Ad looks very much like either at or one step after the point where the forum rules require the roleplaying section to "draw the curtains and fade to black". It's suggestive content.

    To quote United States Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart: I'll know it when I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woland View Post
    Honestly, some lawyer somewhere is probably having an orgasm and he doesn't know why."
    No μ! TPE's: 1
    Clergy Vigilant [3.5 Base Class Homebrew] Narthex

  3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Togath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    I am not attempting to read any hidden intent. There is NO offensive nature to the ad. The pose and ones similar has appeared in countless media in a non-sexual context without controversy, and even by outdated standards the girls are very well covered up.
    I was not insulting you. Simply stating how your reaction was coming off. Using "gender neutral" terms when explaining your reasoning also does not change anything. My point stands that you seem to be vastly over reacting to this ad and situation.
    Nine Lives Disciple(PoW archetype), Quicksilver Lance(wip PoW archetype)
    Kitty over on Steam. Furries itP
    "Dahlia" in a certain fallen city
    Yamabushi(mystic archetype)

    "If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable." ~found on a badly translated store page on steam

  4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground
     
    gooddragon1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the playground

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    I am not attempting to read any hidden intent. There is NO offensive nature to the ad. The pose and ones similar has appeared in countless media in a non-sexual context without controversy, and even by outdated standards the girls are very well covered up.
    I was not insulting you. Simply stating how your reaction was coming off. Using "gender neutral" terms when explaining your reasoning also does not change anything. My point stands that you seem to be vastly over reacting to this ad and situation.
    I don't remember where, but I recall the Giant saying that kids visit these forums and they try to keep them kid friendly. There are some areas where it's a bit less so, but if they go looking let the user beware. However, if a kid comes on these forums to discuss computer game strategies and they see the Ad at the top of the screen, they didn't go looking for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    The Curtain
    The curtain is employed when two characters become physically intimate. When two or more characters decide to have sex, the curtain falls to shield the eyes of the innocent from the festivities and to give some privacy for the participants. This is to both a) abide by the forum rules and b) to keep things relatively family friendly.

    Mods have had to remind people in the past to pull the curtain early and not often, and this is possibly the issue that has caused the most mod interventions in this subforum. Remember, there are other roleplaying forums on the internet that are rated R (or X ), but this is not one of them. Keep it clean, and remember we don't need to know where everyone's hands and lips are at all times.

    Safe: "Romeo pulls Juliet into a kiss and the curtain falls."
    Potentially Problematic: "Romeo kisses Juliet passionately, his hands reaching under her bodice and..." (foreplay goes on for numerous posts before the curtain falls)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    Sheriff: Fade to black is preferable to being explicit about it, yes. As noted above, fade very early, and avoid having to do it to often. Roleplaying that is all about sex is probably best done elsewhere. As always, err on the side of caution.
    Ultimately, whether or not this is innocent enough to allow on top of the forums will be a decision for the Giant to make. I have posted about it to bring attention to it because I'm not convinced that it is, but if he says that it is, then it is.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2017-03-24 at 05:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woland View Post
    Honestly, some lawyer somewhere is probably having an orgasm and he doesn't know why."
    No μ! TPE's: 1
    Clergy Vigilant [3.5 Base Class Homebrew] Narthex

  5. - Top - End - #515
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Togath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    It does seem best to leave this until Rich can make a decision, aye.
    In my personal opinion, I've seen far less "kid friendly" ads in more "kid friendly" places, to say nothing of television ads, billboards, and all-ages movies with more sexual scenes than just two people being near each other.
    Last edited by Togath; 2017-03-23 at 11:06 PM.
    Nine Lives Disciple(PoW archetype), Quicksilver Lance(wip PoW archetype)
    Kitty over on Steam. Furries itP
    "Dahlia" in a certain fallen city
    Yamabushi(mystic archetype)

    "If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable." ~found on a badly translated store page on steam

  6. - Top - End - #516
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Ieagleroar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Top row, on the right
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    >--l-
    >--l-

    Uh oh...
    Last edited by Ieagleroar; 2017-03-23 at 11:48 PM.

    Don't tell my AA group...

  7. - Top - End - #517
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Fawkes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    Protip:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Given that people have asked for blocks for things as harmless as depicting two people kissing, I need everyone to explain WHY they think an ad is objectionable, no matter how obvious it may seem to them.
    Although by the sound of things we may have gone even more harmless than that.


    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

  8. - Top - End - #518
    Lost in the Playground Administrator
     
    Rawhide's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    This is not a discussion thread. Please make your report according to the thread rules and await a response from The Giant. If you don't have a report to make then you don't need to make a post.

    "My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

  9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    1.) Date and time ad was visible: 5/15/17, 4:30PM Central time
    2.) Region (Pick one: USA, Canada, Europe, or Rest of the World): USA
    3.) Location of ad (Top box or bottom box): Top Box
    4.) Brief description of objectionable content (including a name or other identifying characteristic):
    I discovered an advertisement that was either deceptive or actually broken. The image for the ad as seen on the forums is this:
    Spoiler
    Show

    However, when I clicked on it, it took me to a very different website with an order form for some muscle drug. ...usually.
    When I first right-clicked the image to copy its location, it produced the location of this image:
    Spoiler
    Show

    For some reason, this was the case for some parts of the image, but not others. It looks like the ad has fixed itself since then, but I'm not sure why or how.

    EDIT: Given that the ad seems to be fixed after a page refresh, the problem was probably in my browser rather than the ad itself. Sorry for the false alarm.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2017-05-15 at 04:49 PM.
    Natalie, Tsetsiliya, Parker, Leolin, Four.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    1.) Date and time: 5/26/17, 2:30PM Eastern time
    2.) Region: USA
    3.) Location: Top Box
    4.) Brief description of objectionable content (including a name or other identifying characteristic):
    The ad was the one for Monster Clash, which while not great is not objectionable in itself.
    I ran into a problem with this ad very similar to the problem in my last post, except that instead of linking to an alternate ad, it linked to one of several pages that were quite obviously hacks and redirects. Also like last time, the ad started leading to its proper place after a few tests and works fine now that I'm here reporting it. I'm going to pave my browser to remove whatever embedded code might be there, but if it does turn out to be a Project Wonderful issue it hopefully won't hurt to have a record of it.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2017-05-26 at 01:53 PM.
    Natalie, Tsetsiliya, Parker, Leolin, Four.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  11. - Top - End - #521
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Fawkes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    1.) Date and time: 5/26/17, 2:30PM Eastern time
    2.) Region: USA
    3.) Location: Top Box
    4.) Brief description of objectionable content (including a name or other identifying characteristic):
    The ad was the one for Monster Clash, which while not great is not objectionable in itself.
    I ran into a problem with this ad very similar to the problem in my last post, except that instead of linking to an alternate ad, it linked to one of several pages that were quite obviously hacks and redirects. Also like last time, the ad started leading to its proper place after a few tests and works fine now that I'm here reporting it. I'm going to pave my browser to remove whatever embedded code might be there, but if it does turn out to be a Project Wonderful issue it hopefully won't hurt to have a record of it.
    The ad is directing me to the advertised page, but I'm seconding this report. The first thing you see after clicking through (after a loading page) is a very scantily clad cowgirl. The game seems to be less than safe for work.


    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

  12. - Top - End - #522
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Geodude6's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Buckeye, Arizona, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    I saw the Monster Clash ad as well. USA, top box, 5/27/2017 at about 6 PM Arizona time. So, uh, thirding, I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubba View Post
    And you want D&D to make *sense*? Where's the fun in that?

  13. - Top - End - #523
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    Ad seen (didn't load image) on main comic page.
    Ad URL: Time seen: 1:28PM CDT.
    Region: USA.
    Type of ad: Fake 'you need to update your software' malware page.

    Image may be here (dunno if I can post links):
    http://i.imgur.com/wNRqkut.png

    Inspect Element open showing where the ad is:
    http://i.imgur.com/fYRbFDR.png
    Last edited by derfy; 2017-05-29 at 01:36 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #524
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    Hrm, after disabling and reenabling my extensions and multiple hard-refreshes, I cannot find this ad anymore.
    False positive I guess?

  15. - Top - End - #525
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    Quote Originally Posted by derfy View Post
    Ad seen (didn't load image) on main comic page.
    Ad URL:
    Time seen: 1:28PM CDT.
    Region: USA.
    Type of ad: Fake 'you need to update your software' malware page.

    Image may be here (dunno if I can post links):
    http://i.imgur.com/wNRqkut.png

    Inspect Element open showing where the ad is:
    http://i.imgur.com/fYRbFDR.png
    We have a thread exploring reports like this here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...g-on-the-comic

    I can't get it to appear for me personally, but the more and better data we can collect, the more likely we are to figure it out. Best current guess is malware on your machine, but other answers may emerge if we get additional info.

  16. - Top - End - #526
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Shamash's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    1.) 20/08/2017. 10:22 BRT.
    2.) Brazil.
    3.) Top box.
    4.) A green field with a girl laying down in a sexualized position wearing a school uniform with clearly outlined breasts, name Puck with the following written in black letters "Now with 300% more freckles in every strip!!!!"
    Last edited by Shamash; 2017-08-20 at 08:35 AM.
    Shamash! The true sun god!

    Praise the sun! \o/

    I also have a DeviantArt now... Most are drafts of my D&D campaigns but if you want to take a look.

  17. - Top - End - #527
    Giant in the Playground Administrator
     
    The Giant's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    It's a fully dressed woman laying down. Women laying down are not inappropriate content.

    No action taken.
    Rich Burlew


    Pre-order the printed calendar from Ookoodook or the digital edition from Gumroad. Get the ornament and t-shirts from CafePress.

  18. - Top - End - #528
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Shamash's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    It's a fully dressed woman laying down. Women laying down are not inappropriate content.

    No action taken.
    Ok, just checking.
    Shamash! The true sun god!

    Praise the sun! \o/

    I also have a DeviantArt now... Most are drafts of my D&D campaigns but if you want to take a look.

  19. - Top - End - #529
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    Hi! I'm not reporting an 'ad' per se, but I think this thread is spammy and should be locked (or deleted or whatever.) Thanks!

  20. - Top - End - #530
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Fri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    where the wind blows

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    Hi Elansaurus! You can simply report spam thread by pressing the triangle button with exclamation mark underneath the poster's avatar <!> the button that looks like this .
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

    Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show


    The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

  21. - Top - End - #531
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    Hi Elansaurus! You can simply report spam thread by pressing the triangle button with exclamation mark underneath the poster's avatar <!> the button that looks like this .
    Thank you! But there's no need to do that this time, right?
    And it's Elanasaurus.

  22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Zherog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bensalem, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    Quote Originally Posted by Elanasaurus View Post
    Thank you! But there's no need to do that this time, right?
    And it's Elanasaurus.
    It looks like in this case it's been taken care of by one of the mods. But going forward, that "report post" button Fri pointed out is the best way to bring something like that to the staff's attention.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

    Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

  23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lvl 2 Expert's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Beer and Chocolateland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    Not an ad, but a spambot named sicantik is posting literal porn as part of some of its posts.

    I also reported in through the usual channels, but I figured you'd like me to stress this a little bit.
    The ultimate OOTS cookie cutter nameless soldier is the hobgoblin.

  24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dethkruzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    1.) Date and time ad was visible: 25.11.2017, 8:05 utc+2
    2.) Region (Pick one: USA, Canada, Europe, or Rest of the World): Europe
    3.) Location of ad (Top box or bottom box): Top
    4.) Brief description of objectionable content (including a name or other identifying characteristic): An advertisement for FreeBitco.in that supposedly lets you "200$ in bitcoin a day". Do I even need to say that this has "scam" written all over it in glowing paint?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    So please, by Anthony Bourdain's left nut, do not call gravy blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

  25. - Top - End - #535
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rockphed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Near Giant Graffiti.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    Quote Originally Posted by dethkruzer View Post
    1.) Date and time ad was visible: 25.11.2017, 8:05 utc+2
    2.) Region (Pick one: USA, Canada, Europe, or Rest of the World): Europe
    3.) Location of ad (Top box or bottom box): Top
    4.) Brief description of objectionable content (including a name or other identifying characteristic): An advertisement for FreeBitco.in that supposedly lets you "200$ in bitcoin a day". Do I even need to say that this has "scam" written all over it in glowing paint?
    Visible 2017-11-25 8:57 Mountain Standard Time in USA at the bottom. Only this one claims to offer $200 of bitcoin every hour. I'm less certain that it is a complete scam, but I am fairly certain that they are not being complete in their description of what happens on their site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    We should change the collective noun for crocodiles to "an abundance of crocodiles".
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

    Now offering unsolicited advice.

  26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Visible 2017-11-25 8:57 Mountain Standard Time in USA at the bottom. Only this one claims to offer $200 of bitcoin every hour. I'm less certain that it is a complete scam, but I am fairly certain that they are not being complete in their description of what happens on their site.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2017-11-26 at 11:27 AM.
    Now if everyone could please "Sig" something along the lines of "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking)", I think that would be good progress.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •