Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

And what makes you think that? Personally, I think you're being kind of... well. Your reaction is coming off as homophobic. No offense, but unless you can come up with a better reason than "they're close to each other and the same sex!", this seems more an issue with your personal views than the ad itself.
    Embracing with clothes on in a nonsexual manner is a perfectly normal and innocent scene.
    Nine Lives Disciple(PoW archetype), Quicksilver Lance(wip PoW archetype)
    Kitty over on Steam. Furries itP
    "Dahlia" in a certain fallen city
    Yamabushi(mystic archetype)

"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable." ~found on a badly translated store page on steam

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    And what makes you think that? Personally, I think you're being kind of... well. Your reaction is coming off as homophobic. No offense, but unless you can come up with a better reason than "they're close to each other and the same sex!", this seems more an issue with your personal views than the ad itself.
    Embracing with clothes on in a nonsexual manner is a perfectly normal and innocent scene.
    Firstly, please don't insult me.

Secondly, you may note that I described what was offensive in gender neutral terms when asked for clarification and only described the Ad itself in the required description of my first post. You are reading intent into what I said that isn't there.

Lastly, I would have the same problem if it were a guy grinning or blushing while holding a female and both were clothed. Kissing is a public display of affection, but this Ad looks very much like either at or one step after the point where the forum rules require the roleplaying section to "draw the curtains and fade to black". It's suggestive content.

To quote United States Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart: I'll know it when I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woland View Post
    Honestly, some lawyer somewhere is probably having an orgasm and he doesn't know why."
    No μ!
    Clergy Vigilant [3.5 Base Class Homebrew] Narthex

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

I am not attempting to read any hidden intent. There is NO offensive nature to the ad. The pose and ones similar has appeared in countless media in a non-sexual context without controversy, and even by outdated standards the girls are very well covered up.
    I was not insulting you. Simply stating how your reaction was coming off. Using "gender neutral" terms when explaining your reasoning also does not change anything. My point stands that you seem to be vastly over reacting to this ad and situation.

"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable." ~found on a badly translated store page on steam

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    I am not attempting to read any hidden intent. There is NO offensive nature to the ad. The pose and ones similar has appeared in countless media in a non-sexual context without controversy, and even by outdated standards the girls are very well covered up.
    I was not insulting you. Simply stating how your reaction was coming off. Using "gender neutral" terms when explaining your reasoning also does not change anything. My point stands that you seem to be vastly over reacting to this ad and situation.
    I don't remember where, but I recall the Giant saying that kids visit these forums and they try to keep them kid friendly. There are some areas where it's a bit less so, but if they go looking let the user beware. However, if a kid comes on these forums to discuss computer game strategies and they see the Ad at the top of the screen, they didn't go looking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    The Curtain
    The curtain is employed when two characters become physically intimate. When two or more characters decide to have sex, the curtain falls to shield the eyes of the innocent from the festivities and to give some privacy for the participants. This is to both a) abide by the forum rules and b) to keep things relatively family friendly.

Mods have had to remind people in the past to pull the curtain early and not often, and this is possibly the issue that has caused the most mod interventions in this subforum. Remember, there are other roleplaying forums on the internet that are rated R (or X ), but this is not one of them. Keep it clean, and remember we don't need to know where everyone's hands and lips are at all times.

Safe: "Romeo pulls Juliet into a kiss and the curtain falls."
    Potentially Problematic: "Romeo kisses Juliet passionately, his hands reaching under her bodice and..." (foreplay goes on for numerous posts before the curtain falls)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    Sheriff: Fade to black is preferable to being explicit about it, yes. As noted above, fade very early, and avoid having to do it to often. Roleplaying that is all about sex is probably best done elsewhere. As always, err on the side of caution.
    Ultimately, whether or not this is innocent enough to allow on top of the forums will be a decision for the Giant to make. I have posted about it to bring attention to it because I'm not convinced that it is, but if he says that it is, then it is.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2017-03-24 at 05:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woland View Post
    Honestly, some lawyer somewhere is probably having an orgasm and he doesn't know why."
    No μ!
    Clergy Vigilant [3.5 Base Class Homebrew] Narthex

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ettin in the Playground

It does seem best to leave this until Rich can make a decision, aye.
    In my personal opinion, I've seen far less "kid friendly" ads in more "kid friendly" places, to say nothing of television ads, billboards, and all-ages movies with more sexual scenes than just two people being near each other.
    Last edited by Togath; 2017-03-23 at 11:06 PM.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

>--l-
    >--l-

Uh oh...
    Last edited by Ieagleroar; 2017-03-23 at 11:48 PM.

Don't tell my AA group...

7. - Top - End - #517
    Firbolg in the Playground

Protip:

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Given that people have asked for blocks for things as harmless as depicting two people kissing, I need everyone to explain WHY they think an ad is objectionable, no matter how obvious it may seem to them.
    Although by the sound of things we may have gone even more harmless than that.

Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Lost in the Playground Administrator

This is not a discussion thread. Please make your report according to the thread rules and await a response from The Giant. If you don't have a report to make then you don't need to make a post.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak