New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

As near as I can tell, the banner is worse than the site itself. Weird.

Anyway, bid canceled. If the advertiser wants to try again with a less NSFW ad, they can. If they return with the same or worse banner, report it again and I'll block them entirely.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

1.) Date and Time the ad was visible 09:07 GMT
    2.) Region Europe
    3.) Location of Ad Top box
    4.) Brief description of objectionable content Banner ad claims to to let you play some sort of Tribal Wars-esque MMO, instead it directs you to a website that claims you have won something. Does this everytime.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    2.) Region Europe
    4.) Brief description of objectionable content Banner ad claims to to let you play some sort of Tribal Wars-esque MMO, instead it directs you to a website that claims you have won something. Does this everytime.
    Ad wording for identification purposes: "You think you can beat me! I doubt it - I'm the best there is"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    2.) Region Europe
    The ad also provoked a "Maliscious URL Blocked" from my avast.
    "It doesn't matter how much you struggle or strive,
    You'll never get out of life alive,
    So please kill yourself and save this land,
    And your last mission is to spread my command,"

Slightly adapted quote from X-Fusion, Please Kill Yourself

5. - Top - End - #95

OK, I apparently missed this one and now I can't find it in PW's system. It's possible that they were booted from PW altogether if they were advertising like that on other sites too. If it shows up again, please report it again and I'll block it then.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

1.) Date and time ad was visible: March 16th, 6:19 AM (Central Time/GMT -6).
    2.) Region: USA.
    3.) Location of ad: Bottom box.
    4.) Brief description of objectionable content: The ad itself, though far from offensive to me, personally, references modern religion. It features a flying swaddled baby in red on a pink background, with purple lettering in the foreground indicating SUPER BABY JESUS while the baby himself proclaims "it's a comic with jokes too." The site seems completely legitimate and otherwise SFW.
    Last edited by Lyndworm; 2012-03-16 at 06:21 AM.
    Are any of my tables still broken?
    Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

1.) Date and time ad was visible: 11:00 PM EDT
    2.) Region (Pick one: USA, Canada, Europe, or Rest of the World): USA
    3.) Location of ad (Top box or bottom box): Top box
    4.) Brief description of objectionable content (including a name or other identifying characteristic): "TKT 10 Years" with a Godzilla head. Comic is not PG-13 according to http://belfrycomics.net/ent/1803

8. - Top - End - #98

The line is not PG-13 or not PG-13, it's SFW or NSFW. As in, can it be viewed on a monitor in such a way that someone looking over your shoulder will see something that will get you fired. TKT features a lot of foul language and rubber monster figurines beating each other up. It's not NSFW, as far as I can tell.
    Rich Burlew

9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground

1) Date and time ad was visible: 6:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time (GMT -7)
    2) Region: USA
    3) Location of Ad: Top Box
    4) Brief description of objectionable content (including a name or other identifying characteristic): The ad is talking about erotic Harry Potter Fanfiction. I am sitting in my college's library, so I'm not going to visit the actual site.
    Last edited by Hbgplayer; 2012-03-27 at 08:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusMFD View Post
    I don't know what made me laugh harder, the original post or Hbgplayer's response
    One of the most interesting Derailments I've ever seen!
    Great Avatar by Ceika!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

For clarity's sake, I'm a reader of the webcomic discussed above. The site itself has little to no NSFW material, either in text or image.
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hbgplayer View Post
    1) Date and time ad was visible: 6:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time (GMT -7)
    4) Brief description of objectionable content (including a name or other identifying characteristic): The ad is talking about erotic Harry Potter Fanfiction. I am sitting in my college's library, so I'm not going to visit the actual site.
    If you are referring to the ad currently up with the "This gets awesome a few pages in, stick around" quote, or one of the few others I've seen for the same site (a webcomic called Wizard School), you're misinterpreting the quote in a way that is not warranted based on the site's actual content. The webcomic is not erotic. One early sequence heads in that direction, but stops far short of getting explicit, and that approach has not yet been repeated.

If you're talking about some other ad, then I don't think I've seen it.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

12. - Top - End - #102
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    If you are referring to the ad currently up with the "This gets awesome a few pages in, stick around" quote, or one of the few others I've seen for the same site (a webcomic called Wizard School)...
    Hmm, no, I don't think he is. I'm seeing the Harry Potter thing, too.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

I read both comics, and they are two separate entities (though neither site nor either ad gives any cause for alarm, in my opinion).
    Fluff | Crunch

14. - Top - End - #104

OK, I've found the ad in question (which is no longer displaying but still has an active bid). I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction, just a comic in which someone says they write that, which is far tamer. So, no action taken.
    Rich Burlew

15. - Top - End - #105

I'll admit, I didn't check out the link; I was just saying that he wasn't alone in seeing it.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

16. - Top - End - #106
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

1) Date and time ad was visible: 10:40 AM EST (GMT -5), April 6th 2012.
    4) Brief description of objectionable content (including a name or other identifying characteristic): Large banner with the text "Atheist? You're not alone." Mouseover text ""You're not alone. Atheism is becoming more popular." Clear violation of the board's Inappropriate Topics.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2012-04-06 at 09:45 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

1.) Date and time ad was visible:
    9:42 PM (-5 GMT) on April 6, 2012.
    2.) Region (Pick one: USA, Canada, Europe, or Rest of the World): USA
    3.) Location of ad (Top box or bottom box): Top box.
    4.) Brief description of objectionable content (including a name or other identifying characteristic): Ad has words "ATHEIST? You're not alone." This is quite certainly a violation of GitP's rules about religious content.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    1) Date and time ad was visible: 10:40 AM EST (GMT -5), April 6th 2012.
    4) Brief description of objectionable content (including a name or other identifying characteristic): Large banner with the text "Atheist? You're not alone." Mouseover text ""You're not alone. Atheism is becoming more popular." Clear violation of the board's Inappropriate Topics.
    Supplementary information

The link leads you to an Amazon.com listing for "The God Delusion". While no one should be offended by the presence of Atheists, the mere description of the book is more than offensive to a large number of people.

19. - Top - End - #109

1.) Date and time ad was visible: While I'm posting this (hooray for timestamp conveniently located at the top left)
    2.) Region: USA
    3.) Location of ad (Top box or bottom box): Top
    4.) Brief description of objectionable content (including a name or other identifying characteristic): Says that you can "Become a baby, retain your adult knowledge," presumably to make skeptical viewers go ಠ_ಠ and check out the obvious scam site; is actually selling an unrelated novel.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-04-09 at 12:29 AM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    1.) Date and time ad was visible: While I'm posting this (hooray for timestamp conveniently located at the top left)
    4.) Brief description of objectionable content (including a name or other identifying characteristic): Says that you can "Become a baby, retain your adult knowledge," presumably to make skeptical viewers go ಠ_ಠ and check out the obvious scam site; is actually selling an unrelated novel.
    No, the ad simply reflects the sci-fi concept of the novel. Somebody whose life is so miserable that they use the service being "offered" in the ad we see.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

21. - Top - End - #111

Baby ad is be fine; selling a novel is not an "obvious scam" no matter how weird the ad campaign for it us.

Atheism ad is canceled; advertiser has not been blocked because it's the same person as the baby ad (which says to me that they are capable of running ads that do not violate our policies). I've contacted them regarding our policies on religion, so if the atheism ad shows up again, please report it and the advertiser will be permanently blocked.
    Rich Burlew

22. - Top - End - #112

1.) Date and time ad was visible: 8:29 PM.
    4.) Brief description of objectionable content (including a name or other identifying characteristic): Shows a picture of a wizardy-looking fellow, a d20, and "Why Playing D&D is Better Than Being an ***hole."

Also, something from the site linked keeps trying to run some sort of software.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2012-04-27 at 08:35 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

1.) Date and time ad was visible: 2:52 PM US Central Time
    4.) Brief description of objectionable content (including a name or other identifying characteristic): Advertisement for Sandra and Woo. Comic itself is fine, but the use of the term "Religious Nutjobs" is almost certainly a violation of forum policy.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-05-03 at 02:58 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

24. - Top - End - #114

OK, bid canceled. I sent a message to the artist saying that she could re-bid as long as her new ad doesn't feature religion in any way.

Sorry it was displayed for so long; for some reason, my email notification on posts to this thread didn't alert me right away.
    Rich Burlew

25. - Top - End - #115
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff: Please don't report ads that have already been reported. Also, please don't conduct other chatter in this thread.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

1.) Date and time ad was visible: May 5, 2012, 6:22 AM GMT
    2.) Region (Pick one: USA, Canada, Europe, or Rest of the World): Europe
    3.) Location of ad (Top box or bottom box): Bottom
    4.) Brief description of objectionable content (including a name or other identifying characteristic): Likely scam. "Complete Newbie makes $161.58 in one hour flat! Watch Now!"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #117

Ad blocked, advertiser banned.
    Rich Burlew

28. - Top - End - #118

BlackDragon

1.) Date and Time the ad was visible 5:34 P.M. GMT-8
    2.) Region USA
    3.) Location of Ad Top bar
    4.) Brief description of objectionable content contains explicit content, titled "Banished" on a space-ey background.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

What questionable content? The only thing is a pissed off woman who's been involved in an explosion of some kind.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

If you consider that "explict", I have some bad news for you...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items