New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Questionable Content 4: Attack of the 60-Inch AnthroPC

A continuation of the threads for Questionable Content, a M-F "slice of life" comic in which life is defined by coffee, robots, Butts Disease, and spontaneous metal interludes.

You have been warned.

Links To The Past
    Questionable Content 1
    Questionable Content 2: Espresso With Extra Scorn
    Questionable Content 3: Ironically Quite Popular
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2011-09-19 at 07:14 PM.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content 4: Attack of the 60-Inch AnthroPC

The imperial system of measurement wins again!
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    But on today's comic... what is so interesting about men's behinds? Is it just because I'm a heterosexual male that I don't see any appeal in them? (opposed to female ones)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    I've always found it kind of funny how everyone accepts sexualisation of females ("yay, Faye butt!"), but whenever male attractiveness is mentioned, someone always becomes confused and/or uncomfortable.
    Meh. I'm generally confused about the fixation on behinds in general. I mean... we all know what comes out of there, right?

As odd as this sounds, my fixation on the female behind is on a purely mechanical level. Like, the hip sway does this thing where the left cheek goes clockwise and the right goes counterclockwise.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

^: Yeah, I never really understood how the heck the physics on that worked. Made me psyduck on more than one occasion in my physics and anatomy classes growing up...
    Quote Originally Posted by BiblioRook View Post
    It always seems people are a bit over-eager to get new threads started, be it discussing what the new thread should be called as soon as possiple or just the actual making of the thread.

I can understand if there was a good deal of discussion going on and there was concern for passing the fiffy page limit, but as it is we basically start new threads after just 49 pages now instead of 50.
    Sorta depends on our whim and caprice, really, since the new thread generally gets created between the top 4 posts of the 50th page or the top 4 posts of the 51st page.

I've always found it kind of funny how everyone accepts sexualisation of females ("yay, Faye butt!"), but whenever male attractiveness is mentioned, someone always becomes confused and/or uncomfortable.

Not aimed at you in particular, it's just a general trend I've noticed. (plus, with you I'm 90% sure you were just trying to get back on track ).
    Confusion, I think, is mostly because most men don't really have noteworthy tail plumage. They're kind of flat and nonexistent for most from what I've been able to gather. Or they're sculpted muscle and if they've managed to sculpt their gluteals to that extent, the rest of their body is quite likely to be drawing far more attention, because, well, pecs and biceps and male gaze of threat categorization. I think.

Also, because women's butts have something to do with fertility instincts and being judged to be a good child-bearer with less of the inherent deception of the reason why human women have breasts and chimps and such do not, but there's not really anything of that sort for why a man's would be worth noticing for mate selection or arousal.

As for non-gluteals... I got nothing.

Just like I'm not really sure what to make of this strip. Then again, shorts never really made sense to me for outdoors wear except in dry climates where one is going to be out in the sun and dust as opposed to going through vegetation at all, ever.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-09-19 at 10:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Not aimed at you in particular, it's just a general trend I've noticed. (plus, with you I'm 90% sure you were just trying to get back on track ).
    This is because (no secret here) guys are generally focused on physical attractiveness, whereas girls generally focus on mental attributes (emotions, intelligence, tact) and a higher percentage of the populace is straight than homosexual. So females get sexualized while guys get emotionalized.

The problem is that neither gender likes being treated solely as meat and character development is done through actions, thoughts and emotions, so the females in stories get the shorter end of the stick.

That's my theory, anyway, and TBF, psychology doesn't have to make sense (someone in ancient greece discovered that things that go up and to the right are more aesthetically pleasing to humans than down and to the left... apparently)
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Look, women, on the whole, fall into one of two categories... butt likers and hand likers. Sometimes arm likers.

Yes, yes, we generally choose a bloke for his non-physical assets, but it doesn't mean we don't check out the physical ones.

For myself, I am a hand and arm chick, but most women I know check out behinds.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

I don't think I've ever fallen for someone based on how they look. Otherwise my crushes on Alan Rickman, George Hearn when he's dressed as Sweeney Todd (but not Johnny Depp in the same story), and Havelock Vetinari would be TOTALLY nonsensical.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, everyone knows that the female form is a thing of beauty. Ain't too many male nudes in the art world aside from Michelangelo's David.

I don't get what the whole thing is about, since Marten's shorts hardly show off any more than his pants do. There isn't even any thigh exposure.

Can someone remind me of the arc where we started caring about Padma in the slightest way? Because if Marten isn't wondering where this is leading then I'm sure not either.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dogmac View Post
    Look, women, on the whole, fall into one of two categories... butt likers and hand likers. Sometimes arm likers.

Yes, yes, we generally choose a bloke for his non-physical assets, but it doesn't mean we don't check out the physical ones.

For myself, I am a hand and arm chick, but most women I know check out behinds.
    A recent poll showed that, when cheated on, a woman will ask about the emotional part 62% of the time and the physical 38%. Males ask about the physical 54% and the emotional 46%.

I realize it's not always the case, dog. Hence 'generally'.

@V: That was the explanation given, yes.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-09-19 at 11:03 PM.

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, its generally a biological thing, isn't it? Men only need physically viable mates for children, while women are saddled with providing for themselves and the children without a means to gather resources, and so need a socially viable mate.

But to post on subject: Does anyone find Faye's warm behavior in the last panel a bit off? I'm hoping it will be revealed as some form of cynical ploy.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2011-09-19 at 11:04 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    But to post on subject: Does anyone find Faye's warm behavior in the last panel a bit off? I'm hoping it will be revealed as some form of cynical ploy.
    ...Unless it's revealed to be a cynical ploy of some sort I'm probably just going to file it under the heading of "Non-canon one-off because Jeph wanted some lulz that day."
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    ...Unless it's revealed to be a cynical ploy of some sort I'm probably just going to file it under the heading of "Non-canon one-off because Jeph wanted some lulz that day."
    I always consider guest comics the only legitimate parts of the QC canon, so meh.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-09-19 at 11:11 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground

Speaking as a man who's been told he has one, y'all underestimate the appeal of a nice butt on a guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I like my women like I like my coffee; 10 feet tall, incomprehensible to the human psyche, and capable of ending life as a triviality.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marillion View Post
    Speaking as a man who's been told he has one, y'all underestimate the appeal of a nice butt on a guy
    Personally i find the most appealing feature on a person to be their back when they're walking faster than me.

Because it means they're walking away.

Jokes aside, I have this thing for blood-red/brick-red hair... the kind of redhead that is RED. not orange. RED. Orange reminds me of one my friend's mother...
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-09-19 at 11:25 PM.

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Jokes aside, I have this thing for blood-red/brick-red hair... the kind of redhead that is RED. not orange. RED. Orange reminds me of one my friend's mother...
    I tended to have a general aversion against red haeds romantically/sexually but if you look at pictures like this, this or this I have to give in...

Padma really has a weird sense of humor... and I have a weird urge to write Padme instead of Padma.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah Padma is strange to me too. I like the background. Looks like one of those jigsaw puzzles where every... single... piece looks the same. Working around the sides is the only way!!
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Gah! Too much background... Also, what I like is how Momo is not even spraying her skin. Looks like its just going on the shorts.

And I hope those aren't Hannelore's.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2011-09-20 at 07:07 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Padma DOES seem to be becoming stranger, the more we get to know her. It's hard to figure her out...

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Pffft.

Padma made me laugh so hard.
    Truth resists simplicity.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Firbolg in the Playground

I keep being reminded of a fifth grade me and a me now combination when I see Padma. This is somewhat disconcerting.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Why is she spraying bug spray on herself? Isn't it hard to get that cleaned off plastic?
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Is she made of plastic? Some some sort of future material?
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Just like I'm not really sure what to make of this strip. Then again, shorts never really made sense to me for outdoors wear except in dry climates where one is going to be out in the sun and dust as opposed to going through vegetation at all, ever.
    Where do you live? I can't wear long pants if the weather's any hotter than 20 degrees C (70 degrees F), and if I'm doing any sort of physical activity that goes much lower.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Momo's skin is apparently made out of something so flesh-like that people can be standing right in front of her and not know that she's a robot, so it's not simply plastic in the sense that we think about it. I suppose it wouldn't be too much of an exaggeration to wonder if she'd fool the mosquitoes too, so the bug spray might be a good idea to prevent punctures in skin that wouldn't necessarily heal itself.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mosquitoes have a very developed sense of smell; they look for very specific chemicals produced by the human body, then they use visual detection and heat detection to acquire and home in on their hapless victims.

It is therefore unlikely that just looking like human skin would be enough to fool them.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    Where do you live? I can't wear long pants if the weather's any hotter than 20 degrees C (70 degrees F), and if I'm doing any sort of physical activity that goes much lower.
    I'm in Southern California and I refuse to not wear long pants year round. I hate shorts. Tshirts too for that matter.

Actually, an eco-freindly fun fact from my days as an oceanography student. Apparently a simple way to avoid mosquitoes is to just wear long sleeves and pants. Mosquitoes are lazy, if it's not conveniently right there in plain sight I guess they don't bother.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Mosquitoes have a very developed sense of smell; they look for very specific chemicals produced by the human body, then they use visual detection and heat detection to acquire and home in on their hapless victims.

It is therefore unlikely that just looking like human skin would be enough to fool them.
    At the very least, Momo's chassis would almost certainly also be radiating heat, if for no other reason than that Marigold wasn't yelping in pain when Momo was spooning her on that first night. You're right that she probably wouldn't be excreting the scents herself (although that top-of-the-line model she was envying might...), but if she rubbed up against a human, who is to say that she wouldn't pick up something?

And, yes, this is wildly over-thinking the situation. If nothing else, I'm sure that she's doing no harm by applying bug spray and may just be seeing what it feels like.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Momo's chassis would almost certainly also be radiating heat,
    Yes, but she has no reason to have veins or arteries, and I am pretty sure mosquitoes use heat detection specifically to locate those and thus determine where they should start drilling for the sweet, sweet nectar. So Momo is safe, as the poor mosquito will see an inedible uniformly warm surface, instead of a lattice of pulsating heat that spells "lunch".

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian View Post
    And, yes, this is wildly over-thinking the situation.
    Do carry on, over-thinking things is exactly what this forum is there for.

What d'ya mean "no" ?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Confusion, I think, is mostly because most men don't really have noteworthy tail plumage.
    Speak for yourself. I was clothes shopping recently, and had to go from my usual 34" waist shorts up to a 36" waist because my butt is TOO big for the 34" ones. The clerk made a joke about finding me some apple bottom jeans, and my girlfriend got a good laugh. She tells me she likes my butt all the time. Keep in mind, its not wide, just...bulbous. The opposite of flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I tended to have a general aversion against red haeds romantically/sexually but if you look at pictures like this, this or this I have to give in...
    Discussions of hot redheads and no mention of Felicia Day? Blasphemy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Discussions of hot redheads and no mention of Felicia Day? Blasphemy!
    Y'know, frankly, I don't think Felicia Day is "hot" at all. Cute perhaps, or pretty, but not hot.

Also, to finally see an outdoorsy view like this in QC is... it's a milestone. Let's commemorate this with some heavy drinking of coffee.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries