New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIV: Now About 200% Longer Than Firefly

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    .....Please do not force me to unleash my OCs on you, they are trained to kill and I have barely fed them in a week.
    That really harsh......But as they say, Stick and stone may break my bones........

*Retreats into bunker*
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Troll in the Playground

Sounds like an igneous idea if I do say so myself. The sediment would be appreciated.

So... Tom as Jabba? Big heavy guy nobody understands?
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy View Post
    That really harsh......But as they say, Stick and stone may break my bones........

*Retreats into bunker*
    Careful there Shadowy. He sounds a little rough around the edges.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Careful there Shadowy. He sounds a little rough around the edges.
    Can't say I agree. He just seems rock-solid serious. Just stone-cold passion.

*Activates Defcon 2*
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ettin in the Playground

......LET LOOSE THE ORIGINAL CHARACTERS OF WAR!
    Hello? Pwny Lord? Evil Pwny Lord?
    "So....hungry..."
    "Yeah, uh, barely feeding your soldiers is hardly what one would call proper military management, Gamerlord. Now if you excuse me, I'm so hungry I could eat a ....no wait, nevermind, that was about to create some very disturbing implications."
    "And we're herbivores! Did you really think we would eat them?
    "I can see the fabric of space and time! I'm going to eat it!" *Faints*

Uh...
    Excuse me fellow ponythreaders it appears I'm going to need to fish out an old doomsday device to terroize you with, plan A is a flop...
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-09-24 at 10:04 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ogre in the Playground

"So....hungry..."
    "Yeah, uh, barely feeding your soldiers is hardly what one would call proper military management. Now if you excuse me, I'm so hungry I could eat a ....no wait, nevermind, that was about to create some very disturbing implications."

Uh...
    Excuse me fellow ponythreaders it appears I'm going to need to fish out an old doomsday device to terroize you with, plan A is a flop...
    *Throws out a packet of (magical) bacon*

More of that to anyone who defects!
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

7. - Top - End - #1297

Oh, by the way, I randomly remembered the discussion from a thread or two back about which ponies would be male if Hasbro decided to make three of the mane six male. Hasbro would probably go with Rainbow Dash and Applejack, and probably one of the unicorns (to have one male and female of each pony race), though perhaps they'd just replace Rarity's character (since, as somepony pointed out, they'd probably keep Twilight Sparkle a girl). If I were choosing, personally (since I didn't share back when we were having the discussion... oops), I'd probably go with Applejack, Fluttershy, and Twilight Sparkle, but that's just me.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Troll in the Playground

I just thought of a great combo:
    -Summon Mount (Pony is easier to kill and has lower will save) (Maybe as an item)
    -Death Knell on the summoned Pony (Need a death knell command word or use activated item of course)

Easily pulled off with little resources. Grants lots of STR, temp hp, and spell power.

EDIT: It's not even really evil since summoned creatures don't die.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2011-09-24 at 10:07 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground

"So....hungry..."
    "Yeah, uh, barely feeding your soldiers is hardly what one would call proper military management, Gamerlord. Now if you excuse me, I'm so hungry I could eat a ....no wait, nevermind, that was about to create some very disturbing implications."

Uh...
    Sounds to me like your plans for vengeance need a little polishing.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh look people were discussing the ponies as the main six from star wars, guess I will throw out my list.

Spoiler
    Show
    Celestia- The Emperor
    Twilight Sparkle - Darth Vader
    Rarity -Grand Moff Tarkin
    Rainbow Dash - Boba Fett
    Apple Jack - A storm Trooper
    Pinkie Pie - Jabba The Party Slug
    Gummy - The Rancor
    and Fluttershy was omitted cause she is to nice maybe she can be a tree on endor an evil tree I dunno.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Perhaps "Chaos... Chaos everywhere!"?
    I vote this.

Also S2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Am i the only one that LOVES Pinkie Pie's Growl during the Discord showdown?
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    Oh, by the way, I randomly remembered the discussion from a thread or two back about which ponies would be male if Hasbro decided to make three of the mane six male. Hasbro would probably go with Rainbow Dash and Applejack, and probably one of the unicorns (to have one male and female of each pony race), though perhaps they'd just replace Rarity's character (since, as somepony pointed out, they'd probably keep Twilight Sparkle a girl). If I were choosing, personally (since I didn't share back when we were having the discussion... oops), I'd probably go with Applejack, Fluttershy, and Twilight Sparkle, but that's just me.
    I'd choose Rainbow Dash. No, not because "hurrr she's boyish hurr". I'd do it only because I'd get to call him Rainbro Dash.

Sounds to me like your plans for vengeance need a little polishing.
    That was hardly warranted. This is a situation of great gravity. That sort of punnage should stonly be used when not under such concrete threats. You're only digging your own grave, here.
    Truth resists simplicity.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Luke-Twilight Sparkle
    Han-Rainbow Dash
    Chewie-Applejack
    Leia-Rarity
    Threepio-Fluttershy
    Artoo-Pinkie Pie
    Hmm my own:

Spoiler
    Show

Luke Skywalker:Twilight Sparkle- Central character, magic powers, mentor relationship. But most of all sharing the trait of awkward names.

Han Solo:Rainbow Dash- That whole loyalty thing sells it. In the end neither doesn't leave their friends hanging, but do occasionally need someone to bail 'em out.

Chewbacca:Applejack- The most reliable members

(I really almost go the other way on these two, interchangeable. Just calling Han honest is a bit much, he shoots first after-all)

Princess Leia:Fluttershy- The most elegant of the groups. (though they are opposite sides of the Tsundere equation)

Threepio:Rarity- The ONLY ones that understand you need to look nice too. Totally apreciate the finer things in life.

Artoo:Pinkie Pie- But of course

Now the what to name the cool ship. Rainbow Falcon or Millennium Dash?

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    I vote this.

Also S2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Am i the only one that LOVES Pinkie Pie's Growl during the Discord showdown?
    She's always been good at that.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Orc in the Playground

I love that John de Lancie (Q!) voiced Discord. :D
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-09-24 at 10:28 PM.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Dwarf in the Playground

OK, well everyone already said most of what I think already, but a couple of comments.

Spoiler
    Show
    For some reason Flutterbitch is the funniest thing EVER.

Pinkie Pie stopping them just before they faced Discord so she could have one last drink of chocolate rain was pitch perfect.
    "Ponies are proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin

Rainbow dash...
    They're coming. The Shippers are coming for you, but listen—your life could depend on this—don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're shipped. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Gamerlord on EQD.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinda View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pinkie Pie stopping them just before they faced Discord so she could have one last drink of chocolate rain was pitch perfect.

Yes. Yes it was. :D

I love your icon btw.
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-09-24 at 10:43 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    First off, I need to request for help.
    HELP
    I need some kind-hearted people to help with an issue I'm having with the piece of fiction I'm writing, Blue Moon in a Red Sky.
    Spoiler
    Show

First off, here's my initial request that I put on Ponychan:

Namely, what I need to know is plot cogency. By playing around with the description and tags, I've obfuscated the fact that BMiaRS is essentially an alternate history setting with ponies, and that ponykind has had a parallel history to mankind. (I.e. They both had industrial revolutions, the same empires, etc.) I want to make this as obvious as possible without being ham-fisted or stating it outright. So, with that in mind, could I get some help?

Replying with anything, ANYTHING AT ALL, is helpful. I really need some help with this last bit, and I can't thank you enough.
    Thanqol nailed it. Use the language that was media-popular at the time.

To be honest, there's a lot of societal and historical examples that show that this would be a logical first response.
    First off, there is large amounts of literature and movies and games based on dystopic sugar bowl environments, such as Fahrenheit 451. Second, our parent's always taught us the virtue of 'too good to be true'. On the historical side, quite a few 'perfect' and thriving societies had secret police or other such enforcers.

The main reason Equestria doesn't need to have secret police is because Celestia's a god. There's not much reason to oppose her when she can just smite you. Ironically, that makes part of the reason good Celestia's kingdom is so perfect is due in part to fear.
    Related to the above, that's drawing a horribly incorrect conclusion from over-thinking it. MLP is a show designed for and marketed to youg children. Girls, especially. Any theory which requires more effort than "she's a nice, magical pony" must explain itself, because human nature can't be counted on.

In candy land, lord Liccorice is evil because he's dressed mostly in black, scowls and it says so on the box. Queen Frostine is good, because she's not a bad guy and you are trying to save her. I think. Can't remember the point of candyland...

Celestia is good because she is the princess (of which there are very few evil versions, always a subversion) and mentor of, the main character. Her people are happy because they are magical ponies, not because of brainwashing. There is very little/no crime becUse they are magical ponies in a paradise land, not because of secret police and abundant executions. Nightmare Moon was redeemed because she is a princess who was just upset and over-reacted, not because it's a clever political gambit.

Seriously, here. People come up with all sorts of silly theories based off of "human nature" and the way things are, but it's always horribly flawed. "that's how I would do it" cannot be true; the premise is not "how would it be handled" but "how would it be handled in a paradise land where you were already completely happy".

What use is a complex, machaivelian system for control when control is unneeded? These theories rely on incomplete and over-complicated suppositions. I don't know if I'm being clear, but this has always bothered me.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Ditto?
    I suspect it's a thing for a lot of folks.
    Hm. Would you differentiate between racial and acquired shapeshifting powers?

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Sounds like an igneous idea if I do say so myself. The sediment would be appreciated.

So... Tom as Jabba? Big heavy guy nobody understands?
    Best Tom ever.

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    I just thought of a great combo:
    -Summon Mount (Pony is easier to kill and has lower will save) (Maybe as an item)
    -Death Knell on the summoned Pony (Need a death knell command word or use activated item of course)

Easily pulled off with little resources. Grants lots of STR, temp hp, and spell power.

EDIT: It's not even really evil since summoned creatures don't die.
    Killing something for power is evil whether or not you are successful. But that's unimportant. What is important is how to break this up past 11 on the dial!

Energy transformation field creates an area which absorbs spell levels and stores them, producing the effect of an attached spell when it has enough energy.

Combine Deathknell, Summon Swarm, and a swift action item which doesn't deplete barges unless used successfully, such as boots of battle. Have at least one level of ur-priest, sublime chord, and spellthief. Et the mater spellthief feat which stacks all your caster levels to determine final CL. Throw in a greater aura of consumption or whatever so anything with less than 10 hp dies immediately.

Go into the venn diagram created by the overlapping fields and start activating the boots. Free action activation, adding one spell level to each field in turn. Don't have the paperwork on me, but the end result is you contantly spawn swarms of 10,000 creatures, which are killed and generate a higher caster level through sublime chord/ur priest/spellthief, which is used for te next casting of dean knell, giving you a higher CL cap for killing the next swarm...

It costs approximately 13,000 gold to set up, generates NI caster level for 1 hour per (NI) level, and takes five rounds. It caps eventually, where the number of creatures killed is no longer sufficient to generate an appreciable increase; this is because you start to gain only a fraction more CL instead of the massive boosts. If I recall it falls apart after 14, 15 iterations. More with more synergy; having one of every casting class plus ur priest nets you somewhere like 15 CL a pop, though.

I have a whole pile of stuff that's labeled "could slip past DM but why bother?".

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    Hence why I've adopted the term DisQord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalinda View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    For some reason Flutterbitch is the funniest thing EVER.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good work, Angel bunny. Mama's so proud.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Hence why I've adopted the term DisQord.
    He just makes such an awesome villain overall. The voice just nails it.

The thing I really want to know is did they ask him to play the part, or did he ask them if they had any parts he could play? :D

Spoiler
    Show
    He'd be at least 20% cooler if it was the latter.
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-09-24 at 11:02 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

so is it just me or does anypony else think Tom would have a deep gravelly voice?
    ooo, and lets not forgot those rock-hard abs! No wonder Rarity fell for him.

haven't seen you in here before so let me be the first...

Our Benevolent Hooved Overlords are pleased to welcome you to the Herd.

Yes, that is quite correct

Please check your sanity at the door. And you may wish to just leave all your free time there as well.
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-09-24 at 11:16 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ogre in the Playground

Season 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. A lot of the big dramatic scenes in Star Wars were aped, stylistically, from The Triumph of the Will, including the ending of A New Hope. So there's one more for the "Celestia is Hitler" pile.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    so is it just me or does anypony else think Tom would have a deep gravelly voice?
    I was picturing him as the tall, grey, and silent type, myself. I mean, as long as he's not a foil to Pinkie Pie, he'll rock.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Titan in the Playground

We seem to have a new Brony. To the welcome images!
    Spoiler
    Show

Unrelated, there appear to be two full pages of fan art for Screwball on Ponibooru already. Less than 24 hours since her first appearance, which was for a duration comparable to Vinyl's. Including one implying shipping her with Derpy. And a humanized version. Yep, I think we've got our first breakout background pony of season 2.

You know, if the weird hive mind this fandom seems to have gives her Screwy Squirrel's personality, I will be so happy. Not sure how many fans know who Screwy is though...

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Banned

Oh horsefeathers. You Brits are like 9 hours ahead of me aren't you? Which means itsthe 25th, but not for me... Hm. Looks like tomorrow will be an art rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Season 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. A lot of the big dramatic scenes in Star Wars were aped, stylistically, from The Triumph of the Will, including the ending of A New Hope. So there's one more for the "Celestia is Hitler" pile.
    Oh yeah, tell me this now, after I make myself look bad arguing that the connection is tenuous

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post

You know, if the weird hive mind this fandom seems to have gives her Screwy Squirrel's personality, I will be so happy. Not sure how many fans know who Screwy is though...

Zevox
    i am old enough to know...

i can remember the first time i felt old too....
    --playin as a monk in EQ i made a pull message "Hey, Rocky, watch me pull a (target) back to the camp".....and NO ONE could ever give the correct response......
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Orc in the Playground

Our Benevolent Hooved Overlords are pleased to welcome you to the Herd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    We seem to have a new Brony.

Thank you both.

I saw the ever-increasing pony memes, and well, I'm addicted to memes, so I just had to check it out. A few episodes later and I was hooked.

Waiting for Season 2 to start was agonizing.

After watching the first two season 2 episodes, I got the feeling a bunch of the scenes for season 2 were tweaked to give the fanbase even more interesting content to work with.
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-09-24 at 11:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Oh yeah, tell me this now, after I make myself look bad arguing that the connection is tenuous
    The pile's high, sure, but it's made of air. Or something. I don't even know what that means. I agree with that thing you said.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Titan in the Playground

i am old enough to know...

i can remember the first time i felt old too....
    --playin as a monk in EQ i made a pull message "Hey, Rocky, watch me pull a (target) back to the camp".....and NO ONE could ever give the correct response......
    Eh, you don't need to be all that old to recognize Screwy Squirrel or Rocky and Bullwinkle. Cartoon Network was airing reruns of cartoons like those for most of the 90s (if not the entire 90s - I don't think the channel got completely shifted over to original programming until the turn of the millennium). That's where I saw them. Still, depends on the average age of the fandom: fans born in the mid-90s (or in some cases even early 90s) may have missed even those reruns.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's been too long since I've posted a proper imagedump

Season 2!
    Spoiler
    Show

Night all!