New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Fateweaver (3.5 PrC)

This is my first attempt at any sort of homebrew, so I apologize in advance if its horrendously over/underpowered, or simply doesn't work. I'd love and appreciate any and all constructive criticism.

Edit: Of course, I scroll down to see another fate flavored class that also uses points, and now I feel entirely unoriginal. Oh well.

Fateweaver:

Fateweavers are few in number, and begin their lives as arcane or divine casters. Those who display considerable aptitude in the school of divination or the domain of luck are occasionally sought out by other fateweavers and taught to weave the threads of fate. Some shapers of destiny are often unaware they even possess such talent, progressing through life with only the knowledge that everything always appears to work out for the best. Many weavers worship an ancient and nameless goddess of fate, while many more simply earn her favor through acts of unmitigated goodness. Weavers are powerful but reclusive casters, rarely gathering in groups of more than two (master and disciple), though an alliance of these masters of fate could prove a valuable asset in the battle for good.

~

(Nauseatingly adorable bishi angel wings optional.)

“Fight me? You won’t win. It’s not your destiny.”

~

Prerequisites:

Skills: Knowledge Arcana: 7 or Knowledge Religion: 7, Spellcraft: 7, One divination spell of first level or higher.

Alignment: Any good.

~

{table=head]Level|B.A.B|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Spells

1st|+0|+0|+2|+2|Chosen of Fate, Skew Destiny|-|

2nd|+1|+0|+3|+3|Weave Destiny|+1 Level of existing arcane or divine spellcasting class|

3rd|+1|+1|+3|+3|Guided Prescience|+1 Level of existing arcane or divine spellcasting class|

4th|+2|+1|+4|+4|Resist Fate|+1 Level of existing arcane or divine spellcasting class|

5th|+2|+1|+4|+4|Seal Fate|+1 Level of existing arcane or divine spellcasting class|

6th|+3|+2|+5|+5|Reorient the Axis|-|

7th|+3|+2|+5|+5|Unluck|+1 Level of existing arcane or divine spellcasting class|

8th|+4|+2|+6|+6|Luck|+1 Level of existing arcane or divine spellcasting class|

9th|+4|+3|+6|+6|Mirrored Destinies|+1 Level of existing arcane or divine spellcasting class|

10th|+5|+3|+7|+7|Rethread the Weave|+1 Level of existing arcane or divine spellcasting class|

[/table]

~

Hit die: d4

Class Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Knowledge (Arcana, History, Religion, The Planes), Profession, Spellcraft

Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int Modifier

Special: Abilities granted by Fate’s Favor are free actions unless otherwise noted.

Special: Fateweavers who willingly adopt a non-good alignment may no longer replenish Fate's Favor.

~

Class Features:

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: You gain no additional proficiencies with any weapons or armor.

Chosen of Fate: You are a chosen of fate. You gain two Fate’s Favor at first level, and two at every class level thereafter. You may sacrifice this favor to pay the cost of any fate-based power you know. You regain favor whenever you would normally regain your spells for the day.

(Su) Skew Destiny: You may sacrifice one favor to alter any roll by +1/-1 before you have learned the outcome. You must have line of sight to the target to activate this ability.

(Su) Weave Destiny: You may sacrifice two favor to alter any roll by +1/-1 after you have learned the outcome. You must have line of sight to the target to activate this ability.

(Sp) Guided Prescience: During an encounter, you may sacrifice three favor to grant yourself or one willing ally within thirty feet the equivalent of total concealment (50% miss chance) for a number of rounds equal to your class level. For every additional two favor sacrificed this way, you may provide this benefit to one additional ally. Activating this ability is a standard action.

(Su) Resist Fate: You may sacrifice four favor to reroll any roll you have just made, or force another creature to reroll any roll it has just made. The second result must be used. You must have line of sight to the target to activate this ability.

(Su) Seal Fate: You may sacrifice five favor to extend any magical or non-magical status condition (other than dying or dead) currently afflicting a creature of your choice for one additional round. The creature receives no additional saves. You must have line of sight to the target to activate this ability.

(Su) Reorient the Axis: If you or a willing ally would be afflicted by a status condition (other than dying or dead), you may sacrifice six favor to transfer the condition to one other creature to which you have line of sight. If you or your ally received a save against the status condition, the target of Reorient the Axis receives the same save, at the same DC.

(Sp) Unluck: You may sacrifice seven favor to activate Unluck. Target one enemy to which you have line of sight. The target creature must make a DC 17 + Cha will save or suffer the effects of Unluck for a number of rounds equal to your class level. Whenever a creature under the influence of Unluck rolls, it must instead roll twice and use the lesser result. Activating this ability is a standard action.

(Sp) Luck: You may sacrifice eight favor to activate Luck. Luck functions as Unluck, except you may target a willing ally, including yourself, and he or she may use the higher of the two. Activating this ability is a standard action.

(Sp) Mirrored Destinies: You may sacrifice nine favor to convert any one die roll made by you to its highest possible value after you have learned the outcome.

(Su) Rethread the Weave: Once per day, you may sacrifice ten favor to undo the events of the last round. Place yourself at the top of the initiative order and begin the round again. You and any allies you choose within thirty feet recall the events of the undone round and may act on this knowledge. You may activate this ability as a free action, this ability activates automatically if you would otherwise die. Rethreading the weave does not return this ability or favor sacrificed to activate this ability, but does return any other favor sacrificed during the turn it was activated.
    Last edited by Gerbiltamer; 2011-09-23 at 09:29 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fateweaver (3.5 PrC)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbiltamer View Post
    (Su) Rethread the Weave: Once per day, you may sacrifice ten favor to undo the events of the last round. Place yourself at the top of the initiative order and begin the round again. You and any allies you choose within thirty feet recall the events of the undone round and may act on this knowledge. You may activate this ability as a free action, this ability activates automatically if you would otherwise die. Rethreading the weave does not return this ability or favor sacrificed to activate this ability, but does return any other favor sacrificed during the turn it was activated.
    Rewind abilities like this are almost always more trouble than they're worth. Crazy annoying to actually do all the book-keeping for in play, and rarely going to do anything a plain reroll won't. I'd ditch it and get another capstone.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Isn't there a Fatespinner PrC already? What's this do differently?

NOTE: I don't have an eidetic memory, so I might be missing some major difference. What I remember right now is the theme.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2011-09-22 at 09:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

I believe the fatespinner prc was only 5 levels and was far more limited. It also didn't use a versatile point-based system.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbiltamer View Post
    I believe the fatespinner prc was only 5 levels and was far more limited. It also didn't use a versatile point-based system.
    I thought it had "spin" points or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

I checked and you're right. Anyway, they're different.
    Last edited by Gerbiltamer; 2011-09-23 at 12:11 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Did an anime that uses the word fate a lot come out recently? I've seen like 5 fate-based classes pop up this month, the second fate weaver this week.

Chosen of Fate
    You gain a Favor Pool that refreshes to a value of 2+ Fateweaver Level, Favor can be spent to activate the Fateweaver's ___________.
    This value refreshes after 8 hours of sleep.

Guided Prescience (Sp) [1 Standard Action]
    Grant an ally within 30' 20% concealment per favor point spent to a maximum of 60% concealment for 1 round per Fateweaver level.

Quote Originally Posted by The Demented One View Post
    Rewind abilities like this are almost always more trouble than they're worth. Crazy annoying to actually do all the book-keeping for in play, and rarely going to do anything a plain reroll won't. I'd ditch it and get another capstone.
    I have to agree, perhaps see into a long string of events just by talking it out with the DM (Like Next, Nicholas Cage). This ability is comparable to gloves of object reading, except backwards of course.
    Last edited by Hanuman; 2011-09-23 at 01:19 AM.