New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

River

"But what's the point of having a tattoo there? I can hardly show it off. Not to mention it would probably hurt and there isn't much room to work with." Jasper protests, snuggling up with Legion.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Halfling in the Playground

River

"Oh, blah blah. All tattoo's are gonna hurt. Besides, it'd look cute." She's clearly joking now. Mostly judging by the laugh. "Well, other than that, I'd say get it on your arm here." She touches his bicep.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #273

River

"It's not the pain that bothers me, it's the thought of feeling pain every time I sit down for a week. The arm sounds much more bearable." Jasper says, grinning. "Anyone ever tell ya that you have the prettiest laugh?"

4. - Top - End - #274

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    FeyClaw Manor

"Well, duh. Not like there's any other reasons to be in this pisspot back end of the woods, is there? And considerin how you've been goin about advertising, I doubt you have a single merc capable of finding his own *** without a map, much less helping you outta whatever hole you dug yourself into, so you should be glad I'm here." The undead mercenary winks, sticking his foot in the door and holding out his hand to shake. "The name's Danish, cause me parents assumed I would grow up to be as sweet as me namesake, and I'm a professional killer for hire."
    The Steward, seemingly somewhat flustered and annoyed at the 'references' the merc made to the location, etc, opens the door wide before beginning to walk inwards. "Follow me then."

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    If they wish to stop him, they'll have to make it a walking conversation, because he's already on the move.

Alright, well he'll begin a routine of grabbing a tree in one hand, swinging the axe once diagonally to the base of the tree, and hauling the ruined trunk off the ground, leaving a stump and a crater behind as he hauls his new projectile back to the Manor, to be stacked by the wall with the others. He does this tirelessly and without pause until he's called upon. The exact amount of trees cut will depend on the amount of time left before the fight, but there should be at least one to two acres of cleared land between the house and the edge of the forest.

The land left over is torn and ragged, and should be difficult for a troop of soldiers to travel over by design.

((Bladescape, it's up to you to decide how much time it will take before fighting breaks out, but Jakob is expecting a servant to interrupt him at the first sign of hostilities.))
    ((I'll interrupt him and decide how much he's done once I tie up the latest arrival and the so far hilarious scene in EtherAin.))

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    EtherAin Manor

"Soooo... what do I do?" Molodai asks, waiting for orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    EtherAin Manor

Quinn is deeply confused.

"...Do you need me to give you [Reasonable sum of money]? All I have are these."

Quinn magically conjures a few gemstones into the Lord's hands. They appear to be worth about 3/4 as much as the reasonable sum.
    The Lord, waving Molodai to be silent for a second, holds the gems out. "No, no. It appears you misunderstand. Mercenary contracts are where I give YOU money in return for your aid." He attempts to explain, obviously bemused at the fairy.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

5. - Top - End - #275

FeyClaw Manor

"So, how much can I be expected to earn for helping you lot save your sorry behinds? Killin ain't cheap you know, and competent killin even less so. Not that finding a competent killer don't require a bloody miracle these days, which is why you should be glad I'm takin this job, sure enuff. Not the sorta thing I usually do either, but what the hell, I figure, try out something new every once in a while, maybe a new way of killin as well, and life'll never get borin." Danish rambles, searching through his pockets for something as he follows the steward. "Course, by the looks of you, you ain't one ta complain about a little boredom, are ya? Heck, by the looks of you, I'd guess you see less excitement an more boredom than a bookworm eating a dictionary, don't you? What do you fellows do around here anyway? Doesn't seem to be much of a scenic locale, and it's hardly a center of commerce."

6. - Top - End - #276

FeyClaw Manor

"We were misplaced by the rift that brought us here. You will be payed depending on your performance." The steward is disliking this one immensely....

After a bit of a walk through all the hallways, they reach the map room where the steward leaves you. There already appears to be a cluster of mercs around the maps along with the strongly built Elf that appears to be the lord.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

7. - Top - End - #277

EtherAin Manor

Molodai does cease talking, taking a moment to look around the room.

River

"Mm, no. Would it help if you hear it every time you sit down and wince?" Legion jokes, leaning over to kiss his nose jokingly.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #278

FeyClaw Manor

"Whoah, whoah there bucky. This is speculative work?" Now Danish's tone is equal parts disgusted and disbelieving. "No wonder you don't have a single employee worth a two pound note that's been used as ******* toilet paper. Listen, mate, I don't do speculative work. What I do do is "bonuses as deemed earned", by which I mean, I want to hear a minimum figure, right now."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Pixie in the Playground

EtherAin Manor

Quinn thinks about this concept for a minute.

"Ohhhh. I get it. You pay people so that they help you. Like buying cookies! I like cookies. What are we doing here, anyway?"

Quinn has completely forgotten about the gemstones he gave to Lord EtherAin. He can decide whether or not to take them now.
    Awesome Faerie by Ceika

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false. This sentence is false. I'm lying.

Yay paradoxes!

"Pieces of music are vegetables for your brain."

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    The Lord shrugs with some annoyance. "Just like they don't know much about my own guard, I can't be sure of much information about their guard. We've been fighting so long that such precautions are natural."
    The Kzin nods.

"So, what else is known about their defenses? For example, do I need to worry about flying into wards?"

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[FeyClaw Manor]

Jacques overhears the new mercenary, and makes a mental note to put him in charge of any possible suicide missions just for the insult.

He then switches gears to listen in on the speculation as to the enemy's defenses. That is extremely important.

12. - Top - End - #282

EtherAin Manor

Molodai does cease talking, taking a moment to look around the room.
    It's a beautiful chamber, with flowers and shrubbery around and a little fountain off to the side. Elven servants hurry through as they went about their business, what appears to be a young lady of some sort sits at the fountain, occasionally glancing at the two people in front of Lord EtherAin. There is also the constant pressence of armed guards, standing around, ready for action....

EtherAin Manor

Quinn thinks about this concept for a minute.

"Ohhhh. I get it. You pay people so that they help you. Like buying cookies! I like cookies. What are we doing here, anyway?"

Quinn has completely forgotten about the gemstones he gave to Lord EtherAin. He can decide whether or not to take them now.
    Now that last comment had Lord EtherAin looking bewildered and his player facepalming while giggling his head off.

"It's a mercenary contract... Didn't you come here to help me fight?"

FeyClaw Manor

"Whoah, whoah there bucky. This is speculative work?" Now Danish's tone is equal parts disgusted and disbelieving. "No wonder you don't have a single employee worth a two pound note that's been used as ******* toilet paper. Listen, mate, I don't do speculative work. What I do do is "bonuses as deemed earned", by which I mean, I want to hear a minimum figure, right now."
    The Steward is not liking this merc. "That's what being paid depending on your work is. Start at a base value and add bonuses depending on proficiency."

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    The Kzin nods.

"So, what else is known about their defenses? For example, do I need to worry about flying into wards?"
    "Probably, unless we were extremely lucky and the rift accidently deprived them of their mages and such. Although that chance is too low to really consider. They have a lot of defense against the ground units, and their walls will be very hard to breach anyways. But they should have at least a few wards and energy shields somewhere around."

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    [FeyClaw Manor]

Jacques overhears the new mercenary, and makes a mental note to put him in charge of any possible suicide missions just for the insult.

He then switches gears to listen in on the speculation as to the enemy's defenses. That is extremely important.

13. - Top - End - #283

FeyClaw Manor

Danish really is ticking people off left and right, isn't he?

"Yes, I know that. What I am attempting to elucidate and you are failing to comprehend is, to put it plainly, before I do any work for you I would very much like to know what the base pay is."

14. - Top - End - #284
    Pixie in the Playground

Quinn appears to have gotten his foot tangled in Molodai's hair somehow. He begins to free himself while he talks.

"We're here to fight people? Well, okay. I can fight. Who're we fighting, then?"

Quinn has actually become more tangled in Molodal's hair now.
    Awesome Faerie by Ceika

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false. This sentence is false. I'm lying.

Yay paradoxes!

15. - Top - End - #285

EtherAin Manor

Molodai, meanwhile, remains completely oblivious to the two men. She wanders toward the fountain, hunched a little, sniffing near the woman.

One's an animal and the others a blabbermouthed fairy. What a team they'll make.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-10-10 at 02:15 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #286

River

"Mm, no. Would it help if you hear it every time you sit down and wince?" Legion jokes, leaning over to kiss his nose jokingly.
    ((Oops, missed this.))

"Why yes, laughing at my pain would make me feel better, I'm sure." Jasper says with obvious sarcasm, although in a good natured fashion.

17. - Top - End - #287

River

"It would make me feel better, and that's what counts." Legion says, sticking her tongue out at him. She shivers again. "Brr. Not that you didn't help, but we need to get outta here. Too cold."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #288

FeyClaw Manor

Danish really is ticking people off left and right, isn't he?

"Yes, I know that. What I am attempting to elucidate and you are failing to comprehend is, to put it plainly, before I do any work for you I would very much like to know what the base pay is."
    "[Reasonable Sum]." The older elf replies perfunctly, hiding the irritation behind a mask.

(Yes, I'm stealing Rebo's vagueries...)

Quinn appears to have gotten his foot tangled in Molodai's hair somehow. He begins to free himself while he talks.

"We're here to fight people? Well, okay. I can fight. Who're we fighting, then?"

Quinn has actually become more tangled in Molodal's hair now.
    EtherAin Manor

Molodai, meanwhile, remains completely oblivious to the two men. She wanders toward the fountain, hunched a little, sniffing near the woman.

One's an animal and the others a blabbermouthed fairy. What a team they'll make.
    ... And just took Quinn away? Oh...

Lord EtherAin appears slightly bemused, and is about to reply when Molodai wanders away without realising that she's taken the fairy along with her. The girl looks up, smiling at Molodai. "Hello?"

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

"Probably, unless we were extremely lucky and the rift accidently deprived them of their mages and such. Although that chance is too low to really consider. They have a lot of defense against the ground units, and their walls will be very hard to breach anyways. But they should have at least a few wards and energy shields somewhere around."

"Hmm... So, how do the wards and shields where you're from interact with technology? I know some forms of magic can burn out wiring simply by their presence - is that something I'll have to worry about?"

20. - Top - End - #290

FeyClaw Manor

"Can't say that's anywhere near my usual fee, but what the hell, you fellas obviously need help or yer gonna get beaten to a bloody pulp, so I'll provide my expertise in the ways o' killing." Danish grins. Really, it isn't the money that matters to him. He just likes to murder, and figures getting paid to do so is a pretty sweet deal. "So, who's the enemy, an what have they got on their side?"

21. - Top - End - #291

FeyClaw Manor

"Can't say that's anywhere near my usual fee, but what the hell, you fellas obviously need help or yer gonna get beaten to a bloody pulp, so I'll provide my expertise in the ways o' killing." Danish grins. Really, it isn't the money that matters to him. He just likes to murder, and figures getting paid to do so is a pretty sweet deal. "So, who's the enemy, an what have they got on their side?"
    The Steward waves him towards the tactics table, obviously saying 'The Lord and tacticians are over there.'.

"Hmm... So, how do the wards and shields where you're from interact with technology? I know some forms of magic can burn out wiring simply by their presence - is that something I'll have to worry about?"
    "No, I don't think so. We use some technology and we've never had conflicts.. Well, apart from the fact that you can't power something with a combination of both, you can certainly go past magic without it frying something..."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

[FeyClaw Manor]

"Alright. Are there any boulders nearby, around the right size for a catapult? I have a gravity planer on my fighter that could launch them, and I think that that might make it easier to breach the walls."

23. - Top - End - #293

[FeyClaw Manor]

"Alright. Are there any boulders nearby, around the right size for a catapult? I have a gravity planer on my fighter that could launch them, and I think that that might make it easier to breach the walls."
    He frowns thoughtfully. "There aren't any boulders I know of, trees certainly but I'm not sure that would work."

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

He frowns thoughtfully. "There aren't any boulders I know of, trees certainly but I'm not sure that would work."
    He shrugs.

"It depends on the strength of the walls, and how tough the trees are. Certainly, it can't hurt to try when the attack starts. Though it might be more efficient to simply use the planer directly on the wall."

25. - Top - End - #295

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    I could nitpick on this, but I will not.

The giant should have no trouble grabbing her... if her can do so through the large amounts of supernatural flame around her.

The chakram guy throws one of his weapons at fade, and the fellow with the generator fires a large arc of energy toward him. The girl with the spiked boxing gloves throws herself into the giant shadow. She is much stronger than she looks... and obviously has a lot of experience killing things. Even things may times her own size.
    [Deviant Mountain]

I don't really know why nitpick and on what, but I assume it's the giant shadow. Well the shadow was lying down and can be animated if Fade wants. The giant can partly be animated due to his size and that's what happened. The hand from him animates from the floor upwards to the girl to grap her. The problem is I think she has flames around her but isn't covering herself in flames. So actually ony a shadow hand is animated and tries to grap and crush the fire girls until she is unconscious. (If you have questions don't hesitate to ask sometimes it's just due to my bad writing)

Actually Fade has noting to block the chakram (which isn't an magical weapon I assume?). He takes a hit to his side and black blood spout out of the wound. The blood doesn't even reach the ground befor it burns away.
    The energy bolt seems to be blocked by the sword Fade has. He can't block such a normal weapon, but the energy.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

26. - Top - End - #296

He shrugs.

"It depends on the strength of the walls, and how tough the trees are. Certainly, it can't hurt to try when the attack starts. Though it might be more efficient to simply use the planer directly on the wall."
    The Fey General Lord nods, turning to the tactician. "I'm inclined to strike first. Having the advantage may make them lax. And they likely won't expect us to take the offensive."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Pixie in the Playground

EtherAin Manor

Quinn is curious to know who he's going to be fighting, but he's really quite stuck in Molodai's hair. So, he just goes along with Molodai. He could teleport back to Lord EtherAin, but that would be cheating! Molodai can probably feel Quinn's struggles at this point.
    Awesome Faerie by Ceika

Yay paradoxes!

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

FeyClaw Manor

Assault is certainly one option, and probably the best. I would recommend doing something to scout the enemy before setting up a full-scale assault, however. We wouldn't wan't to run into a minefield, after all...

His focus has returned to the tactical map. He appears to have left his copy of The Art of War out on the table as well, if anyone desires to reference it.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2011-10-10 at 12:07 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299

FeyClaw Manor

Danish walks over to the strategy table, grinning and showing off his metal capped teeth. "Good evenin' gents. Now, whadda we got 'ere? Any o' you fellas 'ad the sense to go do a little scoutin work, find out what we're up against?"

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Deviant Mountain]

I don't really know why nitpick and on what, but I assume it's the giant shadow. Well the shadow was lying down and can be animated if Fade wants. The giant can partly be animated due to his size and that's what happened. The hand from him animates from the floor upwards to the girl to grap her. The problem is I think she has flames around her but isn't covering herself in flames. So actually ony a shadow hand is animated and tries to grap and crush the fire girls until she is unconscious. (If you have questions don't hesitate to ask sometimes it's just due to my bad writing)

Actually Fade has noting to block the chakram (which isn't an magical weapon I assume?). He takes a hit to his side and black blood spout out of the wound. The blood doesn't even reach the ground befor it burns away.
    The energy bolt seems to be blocked by the sword Fade has. He can't block such a normal weapon, but the energy.

Devan Mountain

The shadow hand does grab the girl... but a light from the lantern emanates out, and the flame in the lantern is much hotter than it should be. And she's really hard to crush...

The zapping guy continues to zap uselessly. The other guy throws his other chakram at fade, and the first one returns. This may result in fade getting hit by two chakrams at the same time.

The girl with the gloves notices the hand, and goes to tear into it and break it.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2011-10-10 at 05:48 PM.