New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    FeyClaw Manor

Assault is certainly one option, and probably the best. I would recommend doing something to scout the enemy before setting up a full-scale assault, however. We wouldn't wan't to run into a minefield, after all...

His focus has returned to the tactical map. He appears to have left his copy of The Art of War out on the table as well, if anyone desires to reference it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    FeyClaw Manor

Danish walks over to the strategy table, grinning and showing off his metal capped teeth. "Good evenin' gents. Now, whadda we got 'ere? Any o' you fellas 'ad the sense to go do a little scoutin work, find out what we're up against?"
    "We have scouted the enemy, although they've kept their forces well hidden so far. There isn't any defenses outside the Estate itself, and we can't get inside it with spies."
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

2. - Top - End - #302

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

Devan Mountain

The shadow hand does grab the girl... but a light from the lantern emanates out, and the flame in the lantern is much hotter than it should be. And she's really hard to crush...

The zapping guy continues to zap uselessly. The other guy throws his other chakram at fade, and the first one returns. This may result in fade getting hit by two chakrams at the same time.

The girl with the gloves notices the hand, and goes to tear into it and break it.
    Devan Mountain

Ok the hand isn't fireproof and will immediatelly throw the girl against the other one incoming.(Hope that is no godmoding since she can still avoide and the other one is in hand) Then the hand will go dissapear in the ground again. When the hand is in the ground the the shadow will scale down to be human size again.

Fade in this time learned his lesson and since there is neougth space he will roll to the side trying to hide behind a stone/cliff or something simular.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #303
    Halfling in the Playground

EtherAin Manor

Molodai actually doesn't have any hair. Quinn may well be free to flutter back toward the Lord.

The wildfae, meanwhile, smiles her jagged grin at the fountain girl. "Hello. What is your name?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #304
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    EtherAin Manor

Molodai actually doesn't have any hair. Quinn may well be free to flutter back toward the Lord.
    Well, then. Quinn flutters back toward the Lord, in that case.

"Sorry about that. Like I said, who are we fighting?"
    Awesome Faerie by Ceika

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false. This sentence is false. I'm lying.

Yay paradoxes!

"Pieces of music are vegetables for your brain."

5. - Top - End - #305

River

"It would make me feel better, and that's what counts." Legion says, sticking her tongue out at him. She shivers again. "Brr. Not that you didn't help, but we need to get outta here. Too cold."
    "Mmm... fear your potent charms distracted me from the looming threat of hypothermia. But fear not! With mystically magical mojo born of macho moxie and mischief, I shall move us to a moderately more modern mansion, a mansion complete with air conditioning and better yet, clothes." Jasper says, sighing and getting to his feet. He was quite enjoying their little outing, but he can't deny that he's starting to get a little chilly again, and pneumonia tends to put a damper on romance. He offers Legion a hand to help her back onto her feet.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

6. - Top - End - #306

River

Legion sits up, then gains her feet with Jasper's help. She smiles at him quietly. "I could go for some hot chocolate, too."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #307

River

"I reckon I can handle not burning hot chocolate... But then again, that's what I said about ice cream." Truly, it was a gruesome barbecue, chocolate and vanilla put to the torch, while sprinkles watching on helplessly.

"And by greyskull's power, we're off!"

And with that, he tries to teleport both of them back to their apartment!
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

8. - Top - End - #308

Zero watches as the Valaira fragment kicks the shark.

Hey, would you mind talking to me for a minute or two?

9. - Top - End - #309
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Devan Mountain

Ok the hand isn't fireproof and will immediatelly throw the girl against the other one incoming.(Hope that is no godmoding since she can still avoide and the other one is in hand) Then the hand will go dissapear in the ground again. When the hand is in the ground the the shadow will scale down to be human size again.

Fade in this time learned his lesson and since there is neougth space he will roll to the side trying to hide behind a stone/cliff or something simular.
    The girl with the gloves will catch the girl with the lantern, who is not looking her best. Fade can easily hide behind a rock formation, giving him a chance to think. These trolls are dangerous, but should be beatable if he makes a plan...

10. - Top - End - #310
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Temple of Dalechrech - Sir Percy

He can smile, it just happens with less frequency than other people.

Percival nods. "Yes. I'm not certain I'll ever die, and my limbs can move just fine on their own. Maybe even my head." He shakes his head. "Not that I want to try beheading, but you get the idea."
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Temple of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

He's also the only one I can actually remember.

I believe Mine is nude; if not, Elezibethele will forcibly rip his clothes off. "Now, follow me to the kitchen. The temple slaves will prepare meals for me, Azurelle, Percival, Mine, Azurelle's triplets, Eericka and some of the guards. You will receive the scraps of the meal, everything which was not already eaten." Elezibethele will walk through more corridors and hallways to the kitchen. She won't even check to see if the others are following her, though if they're more than a certain distance away when she arrives they'll likely be punished.

Temple of Dalachrech- Azurelle

"Now I will show you to where you will sleep. Unless, obviously, I request your presence elsewhere." Azurelle will walk to one of the walls and press a hidden button, being careful not to reveal exactly where the button is. Beyond is a small, dark room with no windows or other light sources. The room is decorated with two manacles set into the wall and a thin layer of straw. One of the manacles has had another pair of manacles, these more like primitive handcuffs, locked into it. Do you understand what I mean there?

The slaves will nod compliantly for only a moment before following Elezibethele to the kitchen. They are quite quiet as they do so, though Mine is still feeling the effects of the branding iron. He is also feeling quite a bit of resentment toward Elezibethele. He isn't displaying any signs of this spite, however. Mine is indeed completely devoid of clothing, much to his chagrin.

-----

I believe so. One of the two pairs of manacles has been modified so as to accommodate two persons, correct?

This chamber is rather grim, is it not? A look of fear and horror spreads across the faces of the triplets.

"We're not going to be locked up in those cuffs every night, are we mistress?"

They hope not. That'd be terribly uncomfortable on top of being the darkest of all dark.

-----

Eericka moves to finish up her work, shaking her head just an inch to either side as she does so.

"That's...incredible, master. Do you mind if I study you? Not constantly, of course just when you're injured and such. I won't be intrusive."

It is clear that Eericka is extremely embarrassed about asking this question, but it is an inspection that must be made and cataloged! Sacrifices must be made for science to barrel onward, you know.

-----
    [A Quiet, Peaceful Bay]

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Zero watches as the Valaira fragment kicks the shark.

Hey, would you mind talking to me for a minute or two?
    When surfer-girl-Valaira surfaces, she stares at Zero for a good minute or so, carefully inspecting his every feature before attempting to paddle up to Zero and wrap her arms around him, still somehow managing to stay afloat despite the loss of her arm-power.

"Zero! I missed you so, so much!"

I missed you hugs! Yay!

11. - Top - End - #311

Temple of Dalechrech - Percival

"As long as it won't intrude upon your work, I don't see why not." Percival says, smiling at the slave-girl. He's far too kind compared to the other temple officials. Far too kind for now, anyway.

He stands and flexes his arm a little before picking up his jacket. "Excellent work. Thank you."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #312
    Pixie in the Playground

[Temple of Dalachrech - Percival]

Yeah. Percy is extremely kind and polite. He is actually almost unnervingly so. Of course, Percival's mannerisms once again catch Eericka off-guard.

"T-thank you master"

Eericka curtsies reverently, eyes focused on the floor beneath her feet. Did master really just complement Eericka on the quality of her work? In her previous capacity, she knew she did a good job when she wasn't punished for doing a bad job. She's never been rewarded before. Not vocally, anyway. This is a new experience to Eericka. And smiling! Smiling due to the quality of Eericka's medical skills...

As if Eericka wasn't afraid enough...

13. - Top - End - #313

[Temple of Dalechrech - Percy]

Percival slips his coat back on, turning to Eericka and studying her reaction. "You're not exactly used to polite masters, are you?" He turns and crosses the room, looking for something. "Just make sure you do good work, and you'll continue to enjoy such luxuries." By his tone, it sounds like the consequences of failing him could be rather dire. Not surprised, given his particular variety of evil.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #314

EtherAin Manor

The wildfae, meanwhile, smiles her jagged grin at the fountain girl. "Hello. What is your name?"
    "Lyssia Telyndria EtherAin." She replies, inclining her head in a ritual greeting that Molodai probably doesn't get. "What's yours?"

Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    Well, then. Quinn flutters back toward the Lord, in that case.

"Sorry about that. Like I said, who are we fighting?"
    "FeyClaw. A group of Elves that have been trying to destroy my house for generations."

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

15. - Top - End - #315
    Pixie in the Playground

EtherAin Manor

Quinn thinks about this for a minute.

"Okay. Let's be serious for a minute. What do we know about the enemy forces and defences? For that matter, are we on the offensive or defensive?"
    Awesome Faerie by Ceika

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false. This sentence is false. I'm lying.

Yay paradoxes!

16. - Top - End - #316

EtherAin Manor

Molodai doesn't catch the greeting. "I am Molodai." She tilts her head a little. "Are you a mercenary too?" She sounds like she's saying the word for the first time. It comes out strange and twisted, given her accent.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #317

EtherAin Manor

Molodai doesn't catch the greeting. "I am Molodai." She tilts her head a little. "Are you a mercenary too?" She sounds like she's saying the word for the first time. It comes out strange and twisted, given her accent.
    The girl laughs at the suggestion, seemingly amused by the fey's suggestion. "Not at all. This is my home." She replies warmly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    EtherAin Manor

Quinn thinks about this for a minute.

"Okay. Let's be serious for a minute. What do we know about the enemy forces and defences? For that matter, are we on the offensive or defensive?"
    "Defensive, they have, we assume, larger forces and more trained personel. The enemy forces are highly trained soldiers for the most part with a couple of mages and elites in the mix. The most dangerous aspect of the forces is the leader. He is one of the best strategists I know of. And he'll use anything he can to his advantage."

18. - Top - End - #318

EtherAin Manor

"Oh! This is your house? Does your mate live here?" Molodai looks around with fresh wonder, suddenly curious again. "Where do you keep your children?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #319

The girl with the gloves will catch the girl with the lantern, who is not looking her best. Fade can easily hide behind a rock formation, giving him a chance to think. These trolls are dangerous, but should be beatable if he makes a plan...
    [Deviant Mountain]

Yes indeed Fade is making a plan here, but he thinks it would be better to change his abilitys since pure strength isn't a good way if you are outnumbered.
    Thankfully his shadow can change. Also He can see through his shadow which will currently hite somewhere to have an eye over the trolls.

Well I said it earlier his shadow has become a human size shape mainly the one of Emily a planeswalker. This allows Fade to use Magic. (Yes he can do things like you may know from Magic the gathering) For now he channels blue mana to create an Illusion of himself for a diversion. And he prepares some other things as well. Mostly some defence against the fire and some offensive spells.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Pixie in the Playground

EtherAin Manor

Quinn seems a little relieved at the thought of not attacking.

"I can probably make an illusion of the house being somewhere else, if that'll be helpful. I can also attempt to read the minds of our enemies, or set up a psychic wall of some sort.
    Awesome Faerie by Ceika

Yay paradoxes!

21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Deviant Mountain]

Yes indeed Fade is making a plan here, but he thinks it would be better to change his abilitys since pure strength isn't a good way if you are outnumbered.
    Thankfully his shadow can change. Also He can see through his shadow which will currently hite somewhere to have an eye over the trolls.

Well I said it earlier his shadow has become a human size shape mainly the one of Emily a planeswalker. This allows Fade to use Magic. (Yes he can do things like you may know from Magic the gathering) For now he channels blue mana to create an Illusion of himself for a diversion. And he prepares some other things as well. Mostly some defence against the fire and some offensive spells.

Devan Mountain

The illusion is bombarded with various attacks! They have all the effect that they would have on a illusion! Fade gets more time to prepare his plan! And magic. These trolls do not appear to be familiar with magic.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

Elezibethele will instruct the slaves in the location of the various facilities. There's no dishwasher, and the ovens aren't particularly complex either. Most of the jobs will need to be done by hand. "In that direction are the store rooms and larders. You are responsible to make sure that they are properly looked after and any food that is beginning to rot is removed. There's a disposal shaft at the end of the corridor. Don't think about escaping down it- it's been seeded with flesh-eating maggots. It also connects with the lavatories on the floor above. Any questions?" The shaft is also rather narrow, and the entrance is maybe a foot square.

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle

Yes, that's correct.

Azurelle smiles. "Every night you spend in this chamber, you'll be manacled to the wall. You will not, however, spend every night in this chamber." The chamber's made more uncomfortable by the fact that none of the chains are long enough for the entrapped limb to rest on the same level as the rest of the body. "You are also responsible for keeping this room clean, changing the straw and so on. I suggest you go to the toilet before you go to bed." There's no bedpan or bucket.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

23. - Top - End - #323

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

The slaves will nod compliantly for only a moment before following Elezibethele to the kitchen. They are quite quiet as they do so, though Mine is still feeling the effects of the branding iron. He is also feeling quite a bit of resentment toward Elezibethele. He isn't displaying any signs of this spite, however. Mine is indeed completely devoid of clothing, much to his chagrin.

-----

I believe so. One of the two pairs of manacles has been modified so as to accommodate two persons, correct?

This chamber is rather grim, is it not? A look of fear and horror spreads across the faces of the triplets.

"We're not going to be locked up in those cuffs every night, are we mistress?"

They hope not. That'd be terribly uncomfortable on top of being the darkest of all dark.

-----

Eericka moves to finish up her work, shaking her head just an inch to either side as she does so.

"That's...incredible, master. Do you mind if I study you? Not constantly, of course just when you're injured and such. I won't be intrusive."

It is clear that Eericka is extremely embarrassed about asking this question, but it is an inspection that must be made and cataloged! Sacrifices must be made for science to barrel onward, you know.

-----
    [A Quiet, Peaceful Bay]

When surfer-girl-Valaira surfaces, she stares at Zero for a good minute or so, carefully inspecting his every feature before attempting to paddle up to Zero and wrap her arms around him, still somehow managing to stay afloat despite the loss of her arm-power.

"Zero! I missed you so, so much!"

I missed you hugs! Yay!
    Zero returns surfer-girl-Valaira's hug happily.

I missed you too. Are you alright?

It seems that Zero isn't sinking in the water either, it may be because surfer-girl-Valaira is hugging him.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2011-10-13 at 06:11 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324

Devan Mountain

The illusion is bombarded with various attacks! They have all the effect that they would have on a illusion! Fade gets more time to prepare his plan! And magic. These trolls do not appear to be familiar with magic.

Devan Mountain

((I think they use the weapons they got))

I assume they use the weapons they got. As the illusion comes out it reacts like a normal person. He rais his sword to block the energy, but when the cakram hits him he lowers it. Bad habit you could say. So the energy bolt hit's him as well and black blood spout out and dissapear as it did befor. The illusion is still coming closer to the Trolls even with the bad wounds. Then the boxing Girl makes her move and the hit thrw him against another stone wall. The illusion Fade will collapse there ... no reaction.

The real Fade in this time has drawn back his blade and used white and black mana to create a new Blade. One that is known as the Sword of light and shadows. On his hand he draws with white lines a circle of protection, mainly against fire. His shadow indeed got a spell which will cage one of the trolls. He waits to see the reaction of the trolls firs befor making his next step.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Pixie in the Playground

[Temple of Dalachrech]

Spoiler
    Show
    [Temple of Dalechrech - Percy]

Percival slips his coat back on, turning to Eericka and studying her reaction. "You're not exactly used to polite masters, are you?" He turns and crosses the room, looking for something. "Just make sure you do good work, and you'll continue to enjoy such luxuries." By his tone, it sounds like the consequences of failing him could be rather dire. Not surprised, given his particular variety of evil.

[Percival]

This is more like the type of master Eericka is accustomed to. Percival is a demonazi. The last thing Eericka would want to do is fail him. It would do Percy some good to remember quid pro quo. Eericka has been tasked with caring for him when he is physically damaged. I'm not sure he'd like his medic despise him.

"Err, thank you, master?"

Eericka isn't quite sure how to respond to Percy's threat/assurance. Dealing with him will be difficult at best.

-----
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

Elezibethele will instruct the slaves in the location of the various facilities. There's no dishwasher, and the ovens aren't particularly complex either. Most of the jobs will need to be done by hand. "In that direction are the store rooms and larders. You are responsible to make sure that they are properly looked after and any food that is beginning to rot is removed. There's a disposal shaft at the end of the corridor. Don't think about escaping down it- it's been seeded with flesh-eating maggots. It also connects with the lavatories on the floor above. Any questions?" The shaft is also rather narrow, and the entrance is maybe a foot square.

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle

Yes, that's correct.

Azurelle smiles. "Every night you spend in this chamber, you'll be manacled to the wall. You will not, however, spend every night in this chamber." The chamber's made more uncomfortable by the fact that none of the chains are long enough for the entrapped limb to rest on the same level as the rest of the body. "You are also responsible for keeping this room clean, changing the straw and so on. I suggest you go to the toilet before you go to bed." There's no bedpan or bucket.

[Hermitage of Dalachrech - Elezibethele]

Flesh-eating maggots! Do giant killer flies grow from them? It's funny how environmentally friendly the temple staff is. Most folks would just burn the trash. They wouldn't go through all the trouble of breeding organisms to recycle it.

Also, one has to ask why the slaves would try to escape from this building what with all the overgrown trapdoor spiders residing just outside an all that. The slaves have a much better shot at survival if they remain inside at all times.

The slaves just sort of nod. Mine really doesn't like the sound of all of this, but he has lived with the notion that this would occur someday for the entirety of his life.

-----
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Azurelle]

Azurelle truly is a sadist. Why she would lock away such kind, meek people is beyond me.

"And how can we avoid sleeping in here, mistress?"

Triplet number three questions, entirely sure that she will not like the answer she will be receiving, if any.

-----
    [A Quiet, Peaceful Bay]

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Zero returns the hugs happily.

I missed you too. Are you alright?

It seems that Zero isn't sinking in the water either, it may be because surfer-girl-Valaira is hugging him.
    "Yeah. I'm fine. Tired but fine."

Valaira grins excitedly! This is great! Zero is here!

"How'd you end up finding me, anyway?"

26. - Top - End - #326
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devan Mountain

"I-i-i-i-it's a fake."

The blistering bombard of attacks comes to a screeching halt.

"I can feel him... there."

Wait, she has weird sensing senses?

27. - Top - End - #327

Temple of Dalechrech - Percy

Percival gives a small smile as he buttons his coat. That wariness is what he likes to see. Not debilitating fear or hatred - just some caution. "Don't worry too much. My own men used to call me soft. I was... very easygoing."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #328
    Pixie in the Playground

A soldier. Hmm... That explained the wounds. What about the demons, though? Someone who consorted with demons couldn't be a soft or even remotely good man. No. Percy had to be corrupt in some way. That much was certain.

"Do you mind if I inquire as to the origins of the hellspa-"

No, no, no! Hellspawn is a term this master might find insulting!

"-friends who helped you lead us here?"

Eeeeviiillllll!

29. - Top - End - #329

Temple of Dalechrech - Percival

"They're the closest thing one gets to friends in Hell. Minions, really." Percival seems rather amused at her use of the word 'friends'.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #330
    Pixie in the Playground

Hell?!

Eericka's master is a creature from hell! He isn't getting her soul! No way! Percival can't corrupt her (yet)! She won't allow it!

Eericka swallows hard and her face visibly whitens. She has only now realized just how much jeopardy she is in.

"Y-y-y-you're not here to..."

"I mean, I didn't know that..."

"I didn't know that what I did was that sinful."

Eericka appears to be somewhat religious. That probably isn't very comforting to the demonazi, as that would likely imply that Eericka is one who isn't very fond of demons, to say the least.