New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

[Library of Alexandria]

"I already took care of some of the smaller things down there. There's not much else I can do."

Valaira lies on the pelts before attempting to snuggle up to Zero.

"Sweet dreams, my prince."

And then, Valaira drifts off into dreamland.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Library of Alexandria

Good night.

Zero says before falling asleep as well.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2011-10-15 at 11:10 PM.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Pixie in the Playground

[Library of Alexandria]

Valaira will sleep for a good ten hours if undisturbed. She'll attempt to wrap her arms around Zero's chest. It seems completely natural for her. Zero is warm and Valaira loves him. What more is there to say?

4. - Top - End - #424

Zero is so tired from flying that he doesn't notice what Valaira does. After a while Zero will wake up and then try to figure out how he should get through the traps.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Pixie in the Playground

[Library of Alexandria]

Valaira wakes up not long after, eyes fluttering open slowly before she realizes where she is.

"Good morning, sweetie. Did you sleep well?"

6. - Top - End - #426

Library of Alexandra

Zero smiles down at Valaira.

Yeah, I slept alright. Do you think I can try to get the book, Valaira?

7. - Top - End - #427
    Pixie in the Playground

[Library of Alexandria]

"Yeah. Sure. You can go find the book now if you want."

Valaira yawns softly and stretches out her body. She absolutely loved her sleep last night. It was so warm and pleasant. It felt right.

"Hey... I've been thinking about our relationship for a long, long while now and I'd like to ask you an little question."

Valaira clears her throat and blushes before she does so, somewhat unsure of how do proceed. In the ends, she decides just blurting out her inquiry would probably be best, so Valaira just quirks her head off to her left side and asks,

"Do you want a litter, Zero?"

Oooo. Big, impotant, question time, is it?
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-10-16 at 12:37 PM.

8. - Top - End - #428

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Hamlet

Fade's attempts to redirect the violet energy bolt fail miserably. In fact, magic is basically useless to stop the anti-magic missile as it hurtles right at the assassin. At the same time, more and more vines grow from the earth to try and immobilize him, while the two villagers with guns continue firing. By now, most of the crowd has retreated, unwilling to face such a powerful magician, but if Fade can see through invisibility spells, he might notice the invisible villager trying to sneak up behind him.

FeyClaw Manor

"Well, by the looks of it.. Danish glances at his wristwatch, an expensive looking gizmo of gold and silver, all the numbers in dwarfish. "- our friend will not be returning from his ill-fated scouting run. Chances are, he'll be tortured until he tells them our plan of assault, which leaves time a rather sparse commodity. So here's what I say. We surround 'em, get them cornered, trapped like rats, and then start taking potshots. Attack from one direction, retreat, attack from another, retreat, wear 'em down. Once they're stretched thin with tryin to defend, a couple of the sneakier bastards among us sneak in, kill all the commanders, polish 'em off."
    [Hamlet]

So the spell and the bolt are gone canceling each other. The bolt wouldn't be strong enougth to do any harm to the shadow otherwise the minion would be very powerful. The shadow will indeed disapear and return to Fade making the ground under him black.

"Where do we met." he whispers back to Turiel.

Then he waves with his hand which appears to have red mana. Fire appears around Fade covering him into them and well keeping all villagers away, even the invisible one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    The purple guy is held and begins spouting various profanities. The Fellow with the energy launcher fires while backpedaling. If past experience is anything to go by, this will not be very effective.

The girl with the lantern blows fire all over the magic pillory. Once again, it's dispelling fire. And it will not even hurt the guy... what's her trick?
    Deviant Mountain

fade is prepared for the energy bolt guy and avoids his bolts. Clearly he will reach the low range where he may change his attacks, but we don't know so far.

Her dispelling works, but will need more time than the illusion. Still the illusion was weakened by the attacks.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2011-10-16 at 11:59 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #429

Library of Alexandra

Yes.

Zero responds.

But it would probably be a good idea to get you back to normal first.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2011-10-16 at 12:32 PM.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Pixie in the Playground

[Library of Alexandria]

"Really!"

Valaira yips! She's enthused! She's going to have kids! Maybe.

Anyway Valaira begins to hurry down the stairs heading toward the basement. She can't wait to be back to normal! This is going to be great!

11. - Top - End - #431

Library of Alexandria

Zero will try to follow Valaira to the basement.

What sort of traps are in the basement?
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2011-10-16 at 12:58 PM.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Pixie in the Playground

[Library of Alexandria]

Valaira pauses for a moment to recall the answer to Zero's query before pressing onward.

"Well, there's lots of fire and steam down there. There are also these pesky spiders and huge dogs. I'm pretty sure there's a griffon down there too, but I'm not certain about that."

Valaira will lead Zero to a giant, circular, runed stone door. It looks really heavy.

"I can't actually go with you past this point. Are you sure you're ready to try your hand at this?"

13. - Top - End - #433

Yeah, I'm as ready as I can be.

Zero says before looking around the room in an attempt to see if it possible to get through the door without destroying it.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Pixie in the Playground

[Library of Alexandria]

There's a dusty button wired into the door. One wouldn't be able to see it, had not he or she been actively searching for it. The button isn't as dusty as it should be. Someone or something has pressed it fairly recently. That shouldn't worry Zero any. It was probably just Valaira exploring a little bit. Probably.

15. - Top - End - #435

Library of Alexandria

Valaira, would you leave the basement? That way if a trap goes off in here it is less likely to hurt you.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Pixie in the Playground

[Library of Alexandria]

Valaira bites her lip and shoots a hard glare at the wall. She's considering Zero's request. Still considering. Just give her a minute.

"No. I don't want to leave you down here all by yourself."

Valaira sounds like she's got her mind made up. She's even donned a stubborn stare to support her decision.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Deviant Mountain

fade is prepared for the energy bolt guy and avoids his bolts. Clearly he will reach the low range where he may change his attacks, but we don't know so far.

Her dispelling works, but will need more time than the illusion. Still the illusion was weakened by the attacks.
    The guy will change is- uh oh.

The zapping guy trips over a rock. Oops. He is wide open.

The lantern girl continues to try to free the man. These trolls seem to not have to tight of teamwork.

18. - Top - End - #438

Library of Alexandria

Zero sighs.

Alright.

After a moment Zero will try to press the button and see what happens.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2011-10-16 at 03:01 PM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Pixie in the Playground

[Library of Alexandria]

The button is pressed! The large stone door rolls to the right side with the sound of rock sliding against rock. Valaira clenches her teeth. It's not a very pleasant noise by any means.

What lies inside of the chamber? I can't tell. It's pitch black. Most people wouldn't be able to see the hand in front of her face were she to enter that tomb! Not without the aid of a portable light-source, at the very least!

20. - Top - End - #440

Zero does his best to cover his ears until the noise stops. Once he sees that the path ahead is pitch black, Zero lowers his hands to his sides.

I'll be back as soon as I can, Valaira.

Zero then attempts to walk towards the dark area ahead. Once he is just about to enter the area he gathers the blue sparks near his left hand into a small ball that glows brightly and will hopefully be able to help him see in the dark.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2011-10-16 at 03:37 PM.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

Actually, it's where the guards live. The gigantic centipedes live on the next floor up.

Elezibethele will stop in front of a heavy-looking door with a bar across it. The bar's got a complex mechanism making it easier to lift, though no harder to break it down from within. Elezibethele will pull the lever opening the door and push it open, revealing a dark, cramped chamber with five crude bunks against the walls. Above each bunk is a manacle set into the wall, though the chain attached to each is long enough to lie down flat- unlike those in the private room of the triplets. "This is where you four will be sleeping. Once you've been let in, there's no getting out till the morning."

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle

Azurelle will not go out of her way to be harsh, but she also won't go out of her way to be gentle. It's still a horrible experience, however.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

22. - Top - End - #442
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Peaceful Field]

A flock of sheep is busy making more sheep in this verdant field.

Though... the way the sheep are going about this isn't quite the normal method. Instead of mating like any normal vertebrate should the sheep instead are spitting out other horrific amorphous sheep-like things.

Tendril-like tails flailing, ear-like teeth nashing. Forms melding and shifting and warping and in general being really creepy.

Though they aren't attacking anyone.

Just make more sheep.

A lot more sheep...
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Barbarian in the Playground

Peaceful Field

They may find themselves sharing space with an army of suspiciously similar cows, all dancing in lockstep to unheard techno music.

They begin to divide and multiply as well, some turning into spider-like cows and others springing up from the ground as meat vines before turning into more cows.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

24. - Top - End - #444

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Hamlet]

So the spell and the bolt are gone canceling each other. The bolt wouldn't be strong enougth to do any harm to the shadow otherwise the minion would be very powerful. The shadow will indeed disapear and return to Fade making the ground under him black.

"Where do we met." he whispers back to Turiel.

Then he waves with his hand which appears to have red mana. Fire appears around Fade covering him into them and well keeping all villagers away, even the invisible one.
    [Hamlet]

"MURDER." He whispers back, then disappears into the wilds again.

Once he returns to the prisoner, he'll blind him and gag him, if he hasn't already done so, and prepare a long range Teleportation back to a backstreet near where MURDER's Bar is.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

25. - Top - End - #445

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    [Hamlet]

"MURDER." He whispers back, then disappears into the wilds again.

Once he returns to the prisoner, he'll blind him and gag him, if he hasn't already done so, and prepare a long range Teleportation back to a backstreet near where MURDER's Bar is.
    Hamlet

And with that Fade falls down into a endless hole that seems to just appear under him. The flames and the shield are gone in the same moment so there is still a moment for people to jump in if they wish.

If nothing other happens the hole will dissapear. And fade escapes on his shadow rut which means his shadow sliding away. Since there was a huge amount of magic around it will be impossible to sense the small amount of magic the shadow has.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    The guy will change is- uh oh.

The zapping guy trips over a rock. Oops. He is wide open.

The lantern girl continues to try to free the man. These trolls seem to not have to tight of teamwork.
    [Devian Mountain]

Lucky Fade. He wouldn't be able to stand the beam or go through it, but with nothing in way he could land an attack. He mainly aims at the arms of this guy trying to disarm him. he learned from the last one that a strike which should be deadly isn't deadly for them.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

26. - Top - End - #446
    Pixie in the Playground

[Library of Alexandria]

A bright sphere of blue energy to illuminate the path ahead. Great!

Zero may notice that the floor ahead appears to raised higher and divided into a checkerboard pattern. Pressure plates. Horrible.

There must be some sort of map for getting across. Hmm.

What's that moving over there? It has glowing, red, demonic eyes. It appears to be watching Zero's every move, though it backs away from the light source quite slowly. Light isn't good for it, apparently.

27. - Top - End - #447

Library of Alexandria

Zero, having noticed that the creature is staying away from the light focuses more on looking for some way to tell how to get through the pressure plates safely.

I wonder if the creature knows how to get through here.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Pixie in the Playground

[Library of Alexandria]

If Zero happens to look at the ceiling, he might notice that there are charred sections of the ceiling and uncharred sections. Hey! He could use that to get across! The fire must shoot between the edges of the tile!

29. - Top - End - #449

Library of Alexandria

Zero does notice the scorches on the ceiling and attempts to move through the area using the scorches to help him see. where to go. Every down and then Zero stops and tries to make sure that the creature is not too close to him.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Pixie in the Playground

[Library of Alexandria]

The creature that had been watching Zero from the shadows appears to have disappeared as soon as Zero looked away from it. Periodically, Zero might hear a faint scratching noise resounding out of the space far behind him. The creature doesn't sound like it is following Zero across the tiles, though. That'd probably be too deadly for it.

Anyway...

When Zero arrives on the other side of the trap, he might notice that he is perched upon a ledge at current. A precipice lies between him and a rough tunnel hewn into the stone. Steam rises from the gaping hole every so often. There must be a way to get across. A path maybe? But where? How might Zero discover such a thing?