New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

Library of Alexandria

Zero starts by looking around the area to see if it is possible to jump from one end to the other or if there is a way for him to climb to the other side. If there is no way to jump or climb, Zero will attempt to find out if it is possible to use the blue sparks to make himself light enough to ride the steam across the precipice, or if the steam is too hot to do so.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Pixie in the Playground

[Library of Alexandria]

Physical contact with the hot steam will probably cause skin to burn. There doesn't appear to be a clear route across the expanse. The distance appears to be too far to jump and not rough enough to climb.

The center of the steam appears to furrow around something when the steam is active. How odd. It's almost like an object is obstructing the steam's flow near that area.

3. - Top - End - #453

Library of Alexandria

Zero tries to get a better look at what is blocking the steam down below. If the object is big enough, Zero might be able to find a way to lift it and then use it to move across the precipice.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Pixie in the Playground

[Library of Alexandria]

The obstruction appears to be roughly circular in shape. A platform, perhaps? It looks as though Zero could jump to it and use it to jump to the other side of the room. It's bound to be very slippery what with all the water and all, so Zero should exercise great care if her decides to risk this heroic leap!

5. - Top - End - #455

Library of Alexandria

After deciding that the only way possible to get through is to jump, Zero takes a running start and attempts to use the circular platform to jump to the other size.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Devian Mountain]

Lucky Fade. He wouldn't be able to stand the beam or go through it, but with nothing in way he could land an attack. He mainly aims at the arms of this guy trying to disarm him. he learned from the last one that a strike which should be deadly isn't deadly for them.
    The blade cuts into the weapon, revealing a glowing core that is not standard of Van de Graaf generators. All the trolls stop what their doing and look at the busted weapon.

Their facial expressions all communicate fear. This is not good.

7. - Top - End - #457

[Devian Mountain]

That's new and Fade isn't that one who doesn't knew what that may mean. He tries to channel red mana in his hand going to make a pressure explosion which should throw the troll and his weapon away and himself into the other direction. Best way to keep alive keep the enemy away.^^
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #458
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalachrech - Elezibethele]

This room is even nicer than the triplets' private chamber! Wow! That's great! The slaves aren't very excited about it, though. It still contains far too many sets of manacles. That's a very discomforting sign. The slaves will refrain from vocally expressing their true feelings on this matter, for fear of upsetting their mistress.

-----
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Azurelle]

Yes. It is most certainly more than merely a traumatizing experience. The girl really doesn't enjoy it at all.

-----
    [Library of Alexandria]

Perfect! There are three identical doors on the other side of the chamber! They appear to be the same in every single way, apart from their positioning.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

There's no light, but there are buckets to relieve oneself in overnight. They are just out of reach from the manacles, however. "Don't worry, Mine, you'll be kept separately. As for you, you shan't stay in here very long. There's lots of cleaning and sorting to be done, after all. But when you are in here, don't even think about escaping. The door's unguarded, but the guards are sleeping on the other side of the corridor. If you're too loud, they will come to investigate. Oh, and so you know when cleaning, don't touch the cobwebs." There's lots of cobwebs around, within which lurk some particularly large spiders. Most of those seem harmless, however, or at least non-aggressive.

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle

When Azurelle is finished with the hapless slave, she stands up. "All of you. Come here. I need to change before I do much else." The dress she had been wearing is cast aside, dumped unceremoniously to the floor. Her body is slim, lithe and muscular, with quite a few scars especially on the torso. She walks to the wardrobe and opens it, taking out a dress she wants to put on. It's blue, with a low cleavage and a slit up the left side to reveal the leg. "Hurry up! I can't stand around all day. Unless you want to be punished..." The last sentence has quite a large dollop of desire, as though Azurelle wants to punish them.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #460
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devan Mountain

Good call. The troll in orange is knocked back a good ways, and the weapon explodes in mid-air. Electricity everywhere. And a large shockwave, for blunt trauma. That unfortunate troll is blown clear of the mountain.

The purple one should be free by now, and he and the lantern girl prepare themselves for the next attack.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Caravan]

Actually, it's more like a personal physician. But Vincent probably doesn't know that, unless he's familiar with the tech in the Hyperion universe.

As for who he's robbing, it's probably one of the officers, or possible local military.
    [Caravan]

Jamie, on the other hand, does indeed reach for the medkit, just out of curiosity!
    She intends to check it for completeness.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #462
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Caravan]

Ashley doesn't search for anything, instead staying where she's plainly visible, and waiting for the next leg of the trip.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caravan]

The medkit is quite complete, and appears to be capable of diagnosing and treating most injuries as long as it's kept fully stocked.

The next leg of the trip should come soon.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Halfling in the Playground

EtherAin Manor

Molodai grins at the woman, reflecting her pleasant attitude, albeit in a much sharper manner. "Do you have a name?" She asks.

Of course, that's likely interrupted by the beginnings of battle outside. When the noblewoman starts to look uncomfortable, Molodai leaps over toward Lord EtherAin. Landing in a squat on his desk.

"What do you want me to fight?"

Hermitage of Dalechrech - Percival

Percy... well, his evil plans to manipulate Eericka emotionally (in an emergency, as she already does his bidding) are a little stunted. He pauses, genuinely mortified and incredulous. The demonazi quickly turns calculating again, however. He asks, "What put him in so much pain?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-10-18 at 12:52 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #465

[EtherAin + FeyClaw, The Calm before the Storm]

(Just to address something, I think Molodai's already got her name...)

(Sorry, but this will have to wait for tomorrow morning. Late hours already, and I have to get up early. See you all tomorrow. )
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caravan]

Having completed his searching, Vincent goes to stand and lean on the railing while he waits for the next cut scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

{Caravan}

Caroline leans against the railing next to him. This is boring. she whispers.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caravan]

Through the farcaster they go.

The ship has become significantly more streamlined, and appears to be floating in something resembling an asteroid field. From the cabin, which, if they've been paying attention, they should be able to tell there was no-one in before they switched Shadows, there's a muffled crash.

Off to the left, one of the asteroids appears to be shifting course.

19. - Top - End - #469

Outside Trog's- Duel

The nameless Ranger staggers out of the bar, blood leaking from a multitude of wounds, most of which are thankfully shallow. The bullet-wound in his side, on the other hand, is not even remotely superficial, and the foreign warrior makes it all of twenty feet before collapsing against a conveniently located tree.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caravan]

"Yeah. Least it's pretty." Vincent says.

And then... a crash!
    "What was that?!" Vincent asks Caroline as if she'd know before rushing to check it out himself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

((Sorry for not posting, already. ))

Outside Trog's- Duel

Despair is also here, leaning on the larger of his swords.

"Are you sure you want to do this right now? I can wait for you to get medical attention..."

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

{Caravan}

Caroline's ears perk up at the crashing noise. I don't know. she says, as she follows toward the noise.

23. - Top - End - #473

Outside Trog's- Duel

"S-shut up... I can still fight, an... and I do not need mercy from you." The ranger spits at Despair, equal parts blood and saliva, before staggering forward. "I would know the name of the soul to which I will be bringing mercy." He says, grinning a blood-thirsty smile and drawing his sword. For a half-dead man, the ranger is surprisingly nimble. And he's saving his energy for one last rush.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

24. - Top - End - #474

[Caravan]

The ship has become significantly more streamlined, and appears to be floating in something resembling an asteroid field. From the cabin, which, if they've been paying attention, they should be able to tell there was no-one in before they switched Shadows, there's a muffled crash.

Ashley starts paying attention again at the crash. She follows Vincent and Caroline.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

[Caravan]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Caravan]

Ashley doesn't search for anything, instead staying where she's plainly visible, and waiting for the next leg of the trip.
    [Caravan]

The medkit is quite complete, and appears to be capable of diagnosing and treating most injuries as long as it's kept fully stocked.

The next leg of the trip should come soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Caravan]

Having completed his searching, Vincent goes to stand and lean on the railing while he waits for the next cut scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Caravan}

Caroline leans against the railing next to him. This is boring. she whispers.
    [Caravan]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Caravan]

"Yeah. Least it's pretty." Vincent says.

And then... a crash!
    "What was that?!" Vincent asks Caroline as if she'd know before rushing to check it out himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Caravan}

Caroline's ears perk up at the crashing noise. I don't know. she says, as she follows toward the noise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Ashley starts paying attention again at the crash. She follows Vincent and Caroline.

Jamie, who happens to have pocketed the medkit, is staring out at the asteroids in wonderment...

...when suddenly: crashes!

And she rushes after Vincent and Caroline as well!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caravan]

A large potted plant that most certainly wasn't there when they last checked the room seems to have been what was knocked over. About half of the lights are down in here, but the ones that are left reveal a roughly humanoid shadow, like something is crouching behind the desk on the far side the room.

27. - Top - End - #477

[Caravan]

Ashley tries to light a small fire in her hand to illuminate the room more clearly.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caravan]

Ashley's attempt is successful, and is met with a feline yowl from atop a previously non-existent bookshelf. Come to think of it, I don't think there was a cat in here, either...

There are various thing knocked over around the room, though as the potted plant was a banana tree, it's unlikely that the cat was what knocked it over.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

{Caravan}

Awwww. Look at the poor kitty. Caroline steps into the room. Vincent, can we keep it, pleeeease?

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caravan]

"You want to keep EVERY pet we run into. But fine. It's not like we have to actually pay for their food or anything." They just sort of live like everyone else.

"Where'd all this stuff come from anyways?" Vincent looks around and notes a roughly humanoid shadow!
    "Is someone there?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast