New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

{Caravan}

Caroline pouts. But nonetheless tries to pick up the kitty. Come here Mister Buttons.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Outside Trog's- Duel

"I have forgotten my name through the harrowing of death, but I go by Despair now."

The Undead Knight shifts to a more battle-ready pose, trading his large Greatsword for a smaller Longsword and his shield.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Bugbear in the Playground

[FeyClaw and EtherAin, the Storm Breaks]

Molodai is sent with a small group of soldiers to the side... The forests almost seem to quiet as a guard attempts to cuff Apprentice Pilot with Energy Shackles...

Unearthly silence as the Skirmish group tenses, ready to begin their rush towards the captured K'zin. Then, the soft patter of footfalls as they break cover, moving silently.. moving speedily towards their ally. A shout is heard, breaking the stillness. A guard had spotted them...

The FeyClaw army approaches behind, the other warriors stand on the walls of the EtherAin estate...

What would happen next?

(Alright, PC's take your stances!

Jakob is meditating, Quinn is nearby where the skirmish group is running towards Apprentice-Pilot and his NPC captor. Harina is with the group, or not if C'nor thinks she would've hung back for some reason.

Molodai is walking up a wall nearby, about to get to the top as she hears the shout of warning.

The other FeyClaw Mercs are with the army groups approaching, but not quite there. And C'nor's EtherAin PC is probably a little ahead of Molodai, having reached the top of the walls.. Unless there is something he'd be doing else.)
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

4. - Top - End - #484
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post

Molodai is sent with a small group of soldiers to the side... The forests almost seem to quiet as a guard attempts to cuff Apprentice Pilot with Energy Shackles...

Unearthly silence as the Skirmish group tenses, ready to begin their rush towards the captured K'zin. Then, the soft patter of footfalls as they break cover, moving silently.. moving speedily towards their ally. A shout is heard, breaking the stillness. A guard had spotted them...

The FeyClaw army approaches behind, the other warriors stand on the walls of the EtherAin estate...

What would happen next?

Jakob is meditating, Quinn is nearby where the skirmish group is running towards Apprentice-Pilot and his NPC captor. Harina is with the group, or not if C'nor thinks she would've hung back for some reason.

Molodai is walking up a wall nearby, about to get to the top as she hears the shout of warning.

The other FeyClaw Mercs are with the army groups approaching, but not quite there. And C'nor's EtherAin PC is probably a little ahead of Molodai, having reached the top of the walls.. Unless there is something he'd be doing else.)
    EtherAin Estate

Actually, since Jakob should have been finished by now (his five or six post wait time was crossed a few posts ago) I'm just going to go ahead and say he's ready, but he still has to leave the chambers, get to the wall, and find a worthy opponent. So in another few posts, he should be ready to fight.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((I'm not sure if this should go into the OOC, but for now I'll put it here. The way I was picturing it, the skirmishing party would have had to travel over open ground to attack the guards surrounding A.P. since his ship was over the field when he kami kaze'd at his opponents. The only problem with your post I'm seeing is Zareth said Quinn's ward stretched over the entire artificial field, so the skirmish group should probably be stunned, unless they were spotted before they left the treeline. Does that make sense?))
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #485

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((I'm not sure if this should go into the OOC, but for now I'll put it here. The way I was picturing it, the skirmishing party would have had to travel over open ground to attack the guards surrounding A.P. since his ship was over the field when he kami kaze'd at his opponents. The only problem with your post I'm seeing is Zareth said Quinn's ward stretched over the entire artificial field, so the skirmish group should probably be stunned, unless they were spotted before they left the treeline. Does that make sense?))
    ((Quick clarification for those involved. Sorry about not specifying,the Skirmish party is just about to leave the Treeline as they were spotted. Next post those involved will be stunned, etc.))
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

6. - Top - End - #486
    Halfling in the Playground

EtherAin Estates

Molodai reaches the ramparts of the estate and watches the skirmish-party's approach with passive indifference. She'll be taking no stance this post. She's mostly trying to figure out how to go about this.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Feyclaw Army]

Jacques simply readies himself for the upcoming battle, steeling his will against mental assaults and spraying himself down with a can of Antimagic.

8. - Top - End - #488

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Devan Mountain

Good call. The troll in orange is knocked back a good ways, and the weapon explodes in mid-air. Electricity everywhere. And a large shockwave, for blunt trauma. That unfortunate troll is blown clear of the mountain.

The purple one should be free by now, and he and the lantern girl prepare themselves for the next attack.
    Devan Mountain

Yes he should.
    Fade has no time for rst or even showing exhausting. His next target is the other troll with the chakram. He is happy about the current things since they happen good for him.

After all he is going to slash the guy with his sword,but I doubt he reach him without them doing anything.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #489
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post

What would happen next?

Quinn pales. Where did they come from? He quickly goes about teleporting himself, the Kzin, and the guard back inside the Manor. Assuming this succeeds, he will fly back out invisibly.
    Awesome Faerie by Ceika

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false. This sentence is false. I'm lying.

Yay paradoxes!

"Pieces of music are vegetables for your brain."

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

[Encyclopede's massive library pyramid whose exact name I can't remember]

I briefly wondered as I approached the beginning, if someone were to be invisible for months on end, would they fade away from existence entirely?

Invisible Reinholdt heads to the location where he last met with the Encyclopedes. He doesn't intend to drop his invisibility until he reaches the pyramid and gets inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Orc in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

This movable edifice of extradimensional origin is exactly where Reinholdt found it last time. Which might be thought of as odd, given its ability to fly, teleport and cross the dimensional barriers between worlds.

Within, in the demiplane the Encyclopedes call home, the first room is quite large, thirty feet long and fifteen wide. Along the walls are various artefacts and objects from different points in time and space. There's weapons, stones, lumps of rubble, jewellery, vials of various liquids and important, official-looking documents. Above this are photographs of important events, maps, and paintings. Some of the photographs are extremely odd- the monochrome photo of a flying car next to a high-definition full-colour photo of a Roman legion marching through a town with Ancient Greek architecture.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #492
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Devan Mountain

Yes he should.
    Fade has no time for rst or even showing exhausting. His next target is the other troll with the chakram. He is happy about the current things since they happen good for him.

After all he is going to slash the guy with his sword,but I doubt he reach him without them doing anything.
    The girl with the lantern steps back and spews a flame on the chakram guy. It moves around him, into him. Fade will find he is now much faster and stronger, and quite capable with his weapons in melee.

Epic one-on-one, go!

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

Well that's convenient. How friendly of them.
    Once in, Reinholdt drops the invisibility and heads for the door towards the back, intending to knock, and passing all the nifty historical artifacts along the way.

"Hello? Anyone home?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #494

Devan Mountain

So epic one on one? This could be the most boring fight ever or a great one. Fade kees on his tactic coming closer to the guy and then try to slsh him. He doesn't aim for kil points for now he just aims for any open part.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #495
    Orc in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

Nobody ever looks at the artefacts...

Shortly before he reaches the door, it opens and an Encyclopede walks through. "Ah, hello Reinholdt. I am the Sub-Vice Assistant of the President of New Macedonian Pottery."

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

"Umm... hi. Wow. Sounds... exciting."
    Reinholdt doesn't bother feigning enthusiasm. Sounds like the most boring job in the world to him.

"So, I have more stories to share."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #497

Outaide Trog's- Duel

The Ranger doesn't bother to reveal his own name. Why would he? He isn't the one who's about to die.

Well, he doesn't think he's about to die, anyway.

With a roar of pain, rage and bloodthirst, the Ranger charges forward, fainting towards Despair's center of mass before, at the absolute last second, suddenly ducking and trying to remove the Revenant's right leg at the knee.

He's moving way faster than any half-dead person has a right to. This probably has something to do with why his eyes have turned blood red, and why he's still screaming an endless battlecry. Berserker rages are dangerous like that.

Speaking of dangerous, the Ranger's machete is no normal blade. The souls of his ancestors are bound to it, which gives the shortsword a few rather unique properties when wielded against the undead or eldtritch horrors. The only one that's actually relevant at the moment is that contact with the blade is highly hazardous for the unliving, as it saps their un-life-force, or whatever keeps them talking and walking.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Devan Mountain

So epic one on one? This could be the most boring fight ever or a great one. Fade kees on his tactic coming closer to the guy and then try to slsh him. He doesn't aim for kil points for now he just aims for any open part.
    The purple guy is on the defensive, and many things that seem to be openings are not. After a bit, he will attempt to loop his chakram over the sword and disarm fade.

The girl continues her odd flame stream into her ally.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Outside Trog's- Duel

Despair happens to be walking and talking on sheer willpower, actually.

Really. He wanted so much to have an honorable death in a real battle, protecting the innocent, that EVEN DEATH COULD NOT STOP HIM FROM FIGHTING. No Necromancy, no Magic Dweomer of Undeath, no Elder Gods using him as a peon. Just sheer desire to go on until he can have a proper honorable death instead of passing in his sleep.

Anyway, Despair's smart enough to figure out that it's a feint. Why? Because the Ranger isn't nearly dumb enough to strike at Despair's large, obvious shield without a better plan.

This doesn't matter, however, because Despair has a plan of his own. While the Ranger's charging, Despair uses a magic claw to attempt to pull one of the Ranger's feet out from under him, following up with a smack from the shield while the guy's in midair.

20. - Top - End - #500

[Caravan]

Ashley ignores the cat, instead tossing a few more small fires into the air, where they'll harmlessly illuminate the rest of the room.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

[Caravan]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    A large potted plant that most certainly wasn't there when they last checked the room seems to have been what was knocked over. About half of the lights are down in here, but the ones that are left reveal a roughly humanoid shadow, like something is crouching behind the desk on the far side the room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Caravan]

Ashley tries to light a small fire in her hand to illuminate the room more clearly.
    [Caravan]

Ashley's attempt is successful, and is met with a feline yowl from atop a previously non-existent bookshelf. Come to think of it, I don't think there was a cat in here, either...

There are various thing knocked over around the room, though as the potted plant was a banana tree, it's unlikely that the cat was what knocked it over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Caravan}

Awwww. Look at the poor kitty. Caroline steps into the room. Vincent, can we keep it, pleeeease?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Caravan]

"You want to keep EVERY pet we run into. But fine. It's not like we have to actually pay for their food or anything." They just sort of live like everyone else.

"Where'd all this stuff come from anyways?" Vincent looks around and notes a roughly humanoid shadow!
    "Is someone there?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Caravan}

Caroline pouts. But nonetheless tries to pick up the kitty. Come here Mister Buttons.
    [Caravan]

Ashley ignores the cat, instead tossing a few more small fires into the air, where they'll harmlessly illuminate the rest of the room.

Jamie would have something to say about Caroline stealing the name of her father's animal companion.

But she's too busy hurling herself across the room at the shadowy figure with the traditional "Hiiiiii-YAH!"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caravan]

The cat is grabbed, the shadow dissapears as Ashley puts up conflicting light sources, and before the thing behind the desk can answer, said desk is knocked over on it by Jamie!

"Ow..."

[Skirmish]

Harina is in the treetops, running and leaping through them like she's made for it, but otherwise is with the group.

I'm not sure about AP. Did Quinn ever remove the field? It wasn't mentioned in his last post, nor was his reaction to the mental barrier going down.

Will would probably do best on the front lines, but he'll be wherever he was told to go.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-10-19 at 10:47 PM.

23. - Top - End - #503

Skirmish

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    EtherAin Manor

Quinn doesn't take advantage to AP's lack of barrier, and has the nearest NPC restrain him, leaving them with the command that AP is not to be hurt.
    ((I think that was Zareth's reaction to the barrier being gone. I'm not sure whether you mean the floating psionic prison Quinn attempted on A.P. when you said field, but I think that's still in effect.))

Jakob has surmounted the walls. He's only around half as large as his previous form was, which means he'd have to grasp one of his projectiles with both hands in order to throw it comfortably now. He quickly jumps back down onto the tree pile from his section of wall, but checks his fire for now. From what he can see all there are no worthy targets on the field, so for now he will wait.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalachrech - Percival]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Hermitage of Dalechrech - Percival

Percy... well, his evil plans to manipulate Eericka emotionally (in an emergency, as she already does his bidding) are a little stunted. He pauses, genuinely mortified and incredulous. The demonazi quickly turns calculating again, however. He asks, "What put him in so much pain?"

Hmm... It is fascinating that such an inconsequential statement has stirred up genuine emotion in Percival. Eericka expects for her master to be unaffected by the power of speech. He was a servant of a devil, after all. Eericka's emotions are fettered in the expansive, pitch-black caverns of her mind. With a distant gaze and cloudy eyes, Eericka relates a single segment of her tragic tale in a half-whisper.

"My brother suffered from acute sickle cell anemia. You know what that is, right?"

Holding back the floodgates. That is Eericka's current aim. Judging by the state of the girl's eyes, she is beginning to fail at this self-ordained assignment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

There's no light, but there are buckets to relieve oneself in overnight. They are just out of reach from the manacles, however. "Don't worry, Mine, you'll be kept separately. As for you, you shan't stay in here very long. There's lots of cleaning and sorting to be done, after all. But when you are in here, don't even think about escaping. The door's unguarded, but the guards are sleeping on the other side of the corridor. If you're too loud, they will come to investigate. Oh, and so you know when cleaning, don't touch the cobwebs." There's lots of cobwebs around, within which lurk some particularly large spiders. Most of those seem harmless, however, or at least non-aggressive.

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle

When Azurelle is finished with the hapless slave, she stands up. "All of you. Come here. I need to change before I do much else." The dress she had been wearing is cast aside, dumped unceremoniously to the floor. Her body is slim, lithe and muscular, with quite a few scars especially on the torso. She walks to the wardrobe and opens it, taking out a dress she wants to put on. It's blue, with a low cleavage and a slit up the left side to reveal the leg. "Hurry up! I can't stand around all day. Unless you want to be punished..." The last sentence has quite a large dollop of desire, as though Azurelle wants to punish them.

[Hermitage of Dalachrech - Elezibethele]

Yeah. The slaves weren't planning on getting cozy with the spider webs, but they weren't planning on disturbing them either. They have already met the spider guards. They're not about to harass what might well be the guards' offspring, even if they are horrible little beasties that deserve to be mashed into a gooey paste.

Mine swallows hard. Ugh. He doesn't want to be alone. He doesn't want to be separate from the others. There's more safety in numbers. Being alone...

It's not a comforting concept. Not here.

-----
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Azurelle]

Hopefully, Azurelle isn't asking that the recently violated slave be useful at the moment. She's too busy crying. She has been crying for a good while now. She'll stop...eventually.

The other two slaves, though they absolutely despise Azurelle by now, hurry to her in order to help her put on her dress. They are obviously upset, but they aren't yet voicing their feelings on this matter.

The triplets have been slaves for the entirety of their lives. They know that these sort of things are bound to occur. They never actually envisioned that these distasteful actions would be forced upon themselves, but they have been aware of the possibility for quite some time. Oh how cruel you are, Fortuna, depriving one being of her freedoms expressly to satisfy the perverse appetites of another.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-10-19 at 11:42 PM.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caravan]

"That's the spirit Jamie! Attack random people! Get xp!" Praise from Vincent Jamie. You should be proud. Especially since they're already probably breaking into someone's cabin.

"But, uh, this is a cutscene I think (I hate cutsceneses), so try not to kill them."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #506
    Pixie in the Playground

Skirmish

A bit of clarification:

1. Quinn's force barrier falls the instant AP is properly bound.

2. Quinn didn't go into AP's mind after he expressed disapproval.

3. Quinn's ward is still there, but its affect on the FeyClaw skirmish party depends on the number of people. If there are more than around 30, all at once, the barrier will collapse, only dizzying them for a few minutes. If there are less than that, or if they come in a bit more scattered, the first 20 will be affected by the stun, then for the next 3 minutes only the dizziness affects anyone who comes in.
    Awesome Faerie by Ceika

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false. This sentence is false. I'm lying.

Yay paradoxes!

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skirmish]

In that case, as long as they're only going for his hands with the restraints, he'll kick out at the NPC, hard, as soon as they're on.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Troll in the Playground

[Caravan]

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Jamie would have something to say about Caroline stealing the name of her father's animal companion.

But she's too busy hurling herself across the room at the shadowy figure with the traditional "Hiiiiii-YAH!"
    The cat is grabbed, the shadow dissapears as Ashley puts up conflicting light sources, and before the thing behind the desk can answer, said desk is knocked over on it by Jamie!

"Ow..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "That's the spirit Jamie! Attack random people! Get xp!" Praise from Vincent Jamie. You should be proud. Especially since they're already probably breaking into someone's cabin.

"But, uh, this is a cutscene I think (I hate cutsceneses), so try not to kill them."
    Caroline grabs Mister Buttons II and hugs him, as Jamie hurls through the air, attacking randomly the person behind the desk. Jamie!! she calls out, startled.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

29. - Top - End - #509
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

I think the Temple Slaves should be more worried about sleep deprivation. After all, Elezibethele did say they won't be in there long.

"The toilets are over there." Elezibethele points down the corridor. "It's your job to clean those. Oh, Mine, you won't be cleaning. You're mine, and I have better uses for you. Now, follow me." Elezibethele marches down a corridor, not looking back at the slaves. She's headed for the ground floor, a room with a hatch in the floor. The hatch is closed to begin with.

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle

As long as the crying triplet approaches when she orders her to, Azurelle doesn't mind if she doesn't help. She's not really paying attention as to which of the two slaves which are dressing her are helping more. Her attention is on their bodies, and her hands. She's groping them unashamedly, and also twisting, pinching and trying to cause some pain. This likely hinders the dress being put on.

Bronze Pyramid

"Excellent. What would you like in exchange?" And I just remembered the fey from Reinholdt's last visit.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Pixie in the Playground

[Skirmish]

In that case, as long as they're only going for his hands with the restraints, he'll kick out at the NPC, hard, as soon as they're on.
    Given that the binding was unsuccessful, Quinn probably won't take part in the battle.

Anyway, when AP kicks at the NPC, Quinn will use a psionic attack that essentially makes AP feel like a spear is being shoved into his head. If successful, he will fall unconscious.
    Awesome Faerie by Ceika

Yay paradoxes!