New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Bronze Pyramid

"Excellent. What would you like in exchange?" And I just remembered the fey from Reinholdt's last visit.
    Bronze Pyramid

The faerie? Yes, I remember it flying away and never showing her face again. A wise way to stay alive in the Nexus.

"3 blank memory crystals and some time to go around your library and personally get information to put in them."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2011-10-20 at 07:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

[The Skirmish]

The NPC guard goes down with a grunt as the legs were kicked out from underneath him. Then the Fairy attacks! Quinn and AP have now entered conflict.

Meanwhile, at the edge the first few fall over(There's only around 25 or so, plus Harina) Leaving the rest disorientated for a few seconds, allowing the PCs to have a bit of fighting. Harina will be late enough that she would only be hit by the dizziness. Unless she was racing ahead...

Will is ushered out with a group of guards sent to reinforce the fairy and the one guard out there!

--

Meanwhile, the FeyClaw people hear the commotion starting, and Lord FeyClaw signals for the flanking groups to begin circling around whilst the main group moves in quickly to see what is happening.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skirmish]

Will charges forward, and, if he gets close, puts out his arms and starts to spin, holding down the trigger on his Blaze as he does so. Considering that it's essentially a beam weapon capable of turning an unprotected human torso to ash, and that he has natural weaponry in addition to that, it's likely to be pretty devastating.

A.P. resists, for now; he's had quite a bit of practice at this sort of thing.

Harina falls out of a tree, suddenly dizzy.

4. - Top - End - #514

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    The purple guy is on the defensive, and many things that seem to be openings are not. After a bit, he will attempt to loop his chakram over the sword and disarm fade.

The girl continues her odd flame stream into her ally.
    [Devian Mountain]

He may have fallen into Fade's trap now. Well not a big one, but something quiet painful. As he beginns to loop around Fade's blade, Fade use his left hand to store red mana. With two fingers pointing at the troll he release a lightning just moments befor the disarming could succed.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #515
    Pixie in the Playground

Skirmish

Quinn, seeing that AP is still up, decides to use brute(mental) force(with his mind). A large telekinetic fist swings at AP, completely invisible, but distinctly existent. If AP gets hit, it'll be like a fist the size of himself punched him.
    Awesome Faerie by Ceika

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false. This sentence is false. I'm lying.

Yay paradoxes!

"Pieces of music are vegetables for your brain."

6. - Top - End - #516

Skirmish

Danish is with the main group, keeping at the front of the advancing platoon. "So, whaddaya guys bet your odds of livin are? Me, I'm thinkin most a ya are walkin dead. But, hey, don't get all depressed about it."

Outside Trog's- Duel

The Ranger is pulled into the air and clobbered with a shield, knocking the wind out of him. Falling to the ground, the warrior struggles to get back to his feet, although Despair probably has time to attack him once or twice before he can.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Orc in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

I thought it was male? Oh well, I was planning on doing something with it.

"What kind of information? Our library is extremely large; you only saw the smallest fraction of it on your previous visit. We have the complete history of the Aboleth race- we traded a collection of myths about the origin of the illithids for it. Also we have a complete recounting of Elminster's deeds before his untimely death in 3216. And there's a list of the differences between the various Earths, a complete description of every species of plant to occur on Earth 12,496, the one where the KT event meteor missed. The memoirs of Szass Tam and a history of Thay. 3,864 rituals to transform an arcane spellcaster into an undead lich plus another 4,132 applicable for divine spellcasters and another 9,582 that are work for both divine and arcane spellcasters. And that's only the tip of the iceberg."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #518
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Devian Mountain]

He may have fallen into Fade's trap now. Well not a big one, but something quiet painful. As he beginns to loop around Fade's blade, Fade use his left hand to store red mana. With two fingers pointing at the troll he release a lightning just moments befor the disarming could succed.
    Assuming that the lightning does knockback, he is thrown back a bit. However, he is not as knocked back as he should have been, nor does he seem to be as damaged as he should be.

He throws one chakram, which travels MUCH faster than it did before, and leaps forward with the other. He's hoping to slash fade with one when he tries to dodge the other.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

I don't remember its gender.

"I wished to peruse and pick out the information I needed. Like browsing. Suppose you have an index somewhere?"
    It'll be a HUGE index no doubt.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Orc in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

"Yes. We have four- one divided alphabetically by book title, one divided alphabetically by subject, one divided alphabetically by author, and one divided alphabetically by the last letter in the title. Each consists of over a billion volumes of a million pages each." I think that's bigger than merely 'huge'.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

"Oh. So it will be easy." Reinholdt says sarcastically with a sigh.

"The one by subject please." He'll be here for a few days. Or weeks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #522
    Orc in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

"Very well. Please, follow me." The Encyclopede walks towards the door and will go through it, motioning for Reinholdt to follow.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

Reinholdt follows willingly!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #524
    Orc in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

On the other side of the door is a room with several floor-to-ceiling bookshelves filling it. The Encyclopede continues through this room, opening the door beyond and walking out onto a narrow walkway through space, flanked on either side by massive bookshelves. There's a slight gap between the bookshelves and the walkway; should Reinholdt look down, there's several more such walkways leading both down and up till they're lost to view by distance and poor lighting. There's a ladder every now and again, though, leading both up and down. "This is where we store our fiction books. Though oddly, many of these are surprisingly accurate portrayals of different worlds, universes and so on. Regardless, they are here as they were intended as fiction and are thus useless for most historical research, merely serving as a peculiar anecdote as to the nature of interdimensional borders and the power of dreams." Walking through this chamber will take a long time.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

"Huh. Dreams have strange super cognitive abilities. Good to know I suppose."
    Reinholdt wonders just how much fiction is reality. Makes the mind boggle.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #526
    Orc in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

Very little, in the world it was written.

Eventually, there's another wall, though it doesn't go all the way down or up. There's a door in it, a large stone block that rotates on a vertical central axis. The Encyclopede pushes the door open, and beyond is a small chamber with eighteen mirrors pushed against its walls.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Skirmish

Jacques simply retorts to Danish: "I've got some tricks up my sleeve. Firepower doesn't hurt either. I'd say I'm fairly good at living."

Outside Trog's- Duel

Despair, contrary to reason, merely backs up slightly and resumes his defensive stance. He's too honorable to take advantage of opponents who are unable to defend themselves.

"Come on, please actually try. You picked a fight with an Ancient Revenant, and it takes more than a berserk charge or two to kill someone like me."

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

"What're all these mirrors for?"
    Some sort of solar power maybe?
    Hard to tell with a library.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #529
    Orc in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

"Look into this one." The Encyclopede has tilted its head and is standing in front of a mirror. It doesn't actually matter which one he looks in; there's only one which shows his reflection. The Encyclopede is standing in front of one opposite the door, and it reflects an iron portcullis with a dark corridor beyond rather than the stone slab.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

Reinholdt looks into it and glances behind him and looks back at it again.
    "I think your mirrors are broken."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #531

[The Skirmish]

Will turns into a massive spinning attacker as the rest of his group stands back to give him room, and to bring up their shields. The disoriented group of attackers is quickly cut into at first, not being able to properly tell what was happening.

But then their training kicks in. The remainder of the skirmish group begins to back away, energy shields held in a solid lock with each others to make a shield wall.

Meanwhile, just behind them, the main force comes close, reaching very near the battle, until they can see the retreating skirmish group.

The flanking groups moved into position. Most of the elves ignored Danish to some extent, others just looking shocked at him.

"Wait until the flankers are in position." Lord FeyClaws voice commands, halting the advancing group for just a few seconds...
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

22. - Top - End - #532
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalachrech - Elezibethele]

Oh gods. Elezibethele has probably designated Mine to be her personal kicking boy. That's not going to be fun at all. She likely even has a torture system setup and everything! What has Mine done to deserve this torture?

The slaves aren't all too worried about sleep deprivation. Considering that this general area seems to house all manner of people-eating insects, sleep deprivation is the last item on their list of fears at this point.

The slaves follow Elezibethele to the next room. Upon spotting the closed hatch constructed within the floor, most of the slaves find themselves agitated beyond all measure. There's just something ominous about basic trap doors in structures housing monsters that tends to set people on edge.

-----
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle]

The slave Azurelle recently violated does indeed approach when she is called. Her sisters set about their futile attempts to dress Azurelle, sharply inhaling in pain as they are abused by their cruel master.

Suddenly, the most forward slave (the one Azurelle has already deflowered) decides on a course of action. She raises her right hand aloft, wipes the tears from her eyes, and then proceeds to attempt to grab Azurelle and kiss her passionately for a good long while. As can be imagined, her sisters are shocked by this "wanton" action. It like an action spurred by a broken mind at a glance, but the girl has thought this plan through from beginning to end, dedicating every ounce of her rudimentary grasp of logic in order to locate what she believes to be the root of Azurelle's brutality. This slave is under the impression that Azurelle is addicted to power exertion over others. She just attempted to assert her dominance over this slave. The slave has resolved to turn the tables on Azurelle, possibly deterring her from forcing herself upon others in the future by depriving her of the knowledge that the love she seeks is given of the slave's own volition, thus removing Azurelle from a power position in the whole scheme of these sort of events.

At least, that is what the slave is wagering will come to pass. Many things could go direly awry with her plan at any given moment.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-10-22 at 12:21 AM.

23. - Top - End - #533

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Assuming that the lightning does knockback, he is thrown back a bit. However, he is not as knocked back as he should have been, nor does he seem to be as damaged as he should be.

He throws one chakram, which travels MUCH faster than it did before, and leaps forward with the other. He's hoping to slash fade with one when he tries to dodge the other.
    [Devian Mountain]

Fade fails to Dodge the thrown one and the chacram is making another wound on his side. Black Blood spout out again. As befor the blood disapears after leaving his body. His meele attack on the other hand is blocked again. Strangly Fade won strength during the last secounds and it should be noted that his shadow is increased, just like there is a giant standing and not Fade.

Holding his sword in one hand he tries to keep the chakram down, but also tries to punch him, aiming for his face. Oh and if he hits, that wouldn't be healthy imagine a giants fist is hitting him.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devan Mountain

PUNCH!

The troll is sent flying backwards, but not very far. He is not thrown near as far as he should be.

He lands on his feet, even.

And then he starts laughing. He laughs at fade, a hearty, condescending laugh. He even points at him, making fade a spectacle for the one other person there.

The girl continues to keep her stream of flame on the guy. She isn't doing anything else.

In the middle of the guy's laugh, the thrown chakram comes back. It should hit fade, and then return to the guy.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Halfling in the Playground

EtherAin Manor

Molodai... continues watching the spectacle! She's likely nothing more than a spectator until someone orders her around.

Hermitage of Dalechrech - Percival

"I'm afraid I don't, no." Percival takes a seat on the bed, watching his slave closely.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-10-22 at 01:28 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #536
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalachrech - Percival]

"Sickle cell anemia is a genetic disease that causes blood cells to be misshapen. They resemble sickles or boomerangs. They don't flow through the blood vessels well, often getting caught and resulting in blockages. It's a debilitating plight. Very agonizing."

Eericka remains as still as a statue throughout her speech, mouth barely moving at all as she speaks. She is obviously quite close to weeping, though she is doing her best to prevent herself from doing so at this time.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-10-22 at 02:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Halfling in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalechrech - Percival]

Slavery, a brother with a genetic disease... forget manipulating her, Percival has wonder how she can still have faith in anything. Perhaps a soul can be gained here. "And yet you're still religious. Amazing." His voice is just a tad mocking.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #538
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalechrech - Percival]

When one has nothing, not even control over his or her own body, what else is there to keep them alive apart from faith?

"Shut up."

Eericka demands in a fiery voice that suggests that she is not one to be trifled with. Her eyes are beginning to tear up.

"You wouldn't know the first thing about faith."

29. - Top - End - #539
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

Yes, that is the purpose of Mine's purchase. Not so much a torture session, though.

"The hatch leads to a pen of giant tiger beetles. They have access to the forest and go out to hunt in the evenings. Your lives mean nothing to me; if I feel you deserve it, I will push you through. You. Come here." Elezibethele is pointing at one of the slaves, though not Mr. Scales or Mine. I seem to recall that one of the slaves has dark skin; if so, that's the one Elezibethele will point out.

Do you have a description of the slaves? I can't remember what they look like and nor can I remember how far back they were bought. I can find one for the Underside ones; it's just the temple slaves I would like a description of.

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle

That's all very well, but unfortunately Azurelle sees it as a sign the slave's broken already and has accepted her fate. It's also seen as an attempt to initiate something when Azurelle, as the owner, has the final say on when to initiate anything.

Azurelle holds the kiss, temporarily ignoring the other two slaves and embracing the one doing the kissing. After not too long, however, Azurelle bites down as hard as she can, trying to bite the slave's tongue.

30. - Top - End - #540

Devan Mountain

Fade is aware of the returning cakram, but he didn#t seem to even try to dodge it. So he got hit again. Well he managed to avoid getting hit in a critical point. But at the moment the chakram flies through and the troll laugths he throws his sword right behind it. The edge in front it will be like a big metal arrow flying in the shadow of the chakram.