New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

Devan Mountain

For stardust? This is a great bounty. You should be able to fill a couple vials.

Nothing else will stop Fade.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devan Mountain

Well that's quiet enougth for the things he had in mind. He will take it and then return to Murderer.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caravan]

"Sleeping. Behind a desk?" Vincent asks the lady who was clearly trying to hide earlier.

[Bronze Pyramid]

Reinholdt yawns, tired from searching through the database and taking notes. He takes a break to get something to eat from his hammerspace and take a nap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Troll in the Playground

[Caravan]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    The desk is pulled off without difficulty. Beneath is a green-haired woman with mildly blue-tinged skin, wearing dark leather clothing, which looks almost tough enough to be considered armor.

"Apology accepted, I guess..."

Her tone is rather pained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Caravan]

"Who are you, and do you feel like being knocked unconscious for the betterment of the world?" After all, as the main characters, the party usually ends up having to save the world in some manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Caravan}

Vincent! Caroline says, in a skolding tone.

She then steps to the woman, Mister Buttons II in her amrs. I'm sorry Miss..... Um, My friends and I were just surprised, as this room had been empty only a moment before.

My name is Caroline. And this is Vincent, Ashley, and Jamie.
    she says, acknowledging each in turn. Is this your cat?

((Not sure if Ashley is there or not. If not, Caroline won't include her in the introductions.))
    [Caravan]

((She is. She's been making floating fires for light.))

"I'm Morella. And not that I know of. What did he mean about being knocked out?"
    {Caravan}

He just wanted to make sure you wasn't the Antagonist of this adventure. You're not, are you? Caroline says, smiling and petting the cat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Caravan]

Ashley's still here, but she's not contributing to the conversation, instead maintaining the lights as if it was a challenge for her.
    [Caravan]

"Hey, I didn't ask to kill her." Vincent says, as if that's an improvement.

"What were you doing in here anyways?"
    [Skirmish]

Ow. He's flung backwards, into the wreckage of his ship, and starts to stand.

[Caravan]

She looks confused.

"Huh? As for what I was doing, I was sleeping."
    [Caravan]

"Sleeping. Behind a desk?" Vincent asks the lady who was clearly trying to hide earlier.

[Bronze Pyramid]

Reinholdt yawns, tired from searching through the database and taking notes. He takes a break to get something to eat from his hammerspace and take a nap.

Jamie, meanwhile, looks like she wants the deck to open and swallow her up so she can die from embarassment!
    "I...I didn't hurt you, did I? I know some medicine if I did..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caravan]

She smiles at Jamie.

"I've had worse. And no, I wasn't sleeping behind a desk. I was in the bed, a noise woke me up, and I saw you through the window, so I was hiding there."

6. - Top - End - #606
    Pixie in the Playground

Skirmish

Unless stopped, Quinn will teleport the sleeping Kzin inside EitherAin Manor to be restrained (well this time) and regroup with the other guards, taking with him the injured one.
    Awesome Faerie by Ceika

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false. This sentence is false. I'm lying.

Yay paradoxes!

"Pieces of music are vegetables for your brain."

7. - Top - End - #607
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Hermitage of Dalechrech - Percival]

When one has nothing, not even control over his or her own body, what else is there to keep them alive apart from faith?

"Shut up."

Eericka demands in a fiery voice that suggests that she is not one to be trifled with. Her eyes are beginning to tear up.

"You wouldn't know the first thing about faith."
    Faith in the wrong thing, maybe. Faith Percival can steal, if he can wear her down.

Of course, that insolence will need to be the first thing broken. The lights in the room visibly dim, and the leather on Percival's coat seems to shift as if it's alive. His brow furrows. "Excuse me?"

[EtherAin Manor]

Molodai squats and watches the ongoing battle with some measure of enthusiasm. Lots to eat once this is finished. Just have to wait for the right moment to strike.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-10-27 at 02:02 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #608
    Dwarf in the Playground

Obsidian Forest

When the colossal form a K'rax-Naggath hit the ground, it resulted in an obsidian forest several miles wide and long. A number of people have tried to enter the forest and revive her, and so far those that have done anything useful at all have only concluded that they cannot help her.

The effects of K'rax's fall were felt in many places, even in other realities and time lines. One time line, in particular, was created and is even now dieing due to his fall.

Actually, it might be dead. Hard to tell with all the trans-timeline fog.

However, today something new and interesting is happening in the forest. About where the middle of the back would be, a portal is forming.

A great, starry portal has appeared above the forest, and what will follow may very well change quite a lot.

Or it might be as useless as the rest of the attempts. Time alone will tell.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Obsidian Forest]

Still the Warden of the Veil slumbers.

And still her starspawn guard her resting place.

The portal doesn't go unnoticed.

Oh most certainly not.

No, many pairs of eyes are fixed upon the distortion lest something that might threaten their Mother comes crawling through.

Lots of things come crawling through portals into the Nexus after all. And occasionally the things that crawl through aren't very nice.

Especially when they show up in a place as unnatural as this one.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Dwarf in the Playground

Obsidian Forest

The portal does not feel like a typical nexus portal... It is more definitely eldritch in flavor, but seems off. The power seems to have a weird watermark, if you will.

Also, the portal is growing. It's beginning to form into a shape, solidifying one thing that's coming through.

11. - Top - End - #611

[Obsidian Forest]

It's probably worth noting that the standing order of the various chimeras is to slay any servants of the Old Ones they find. An eldritch portal is pretty bad news for anyone who happens to be coming through it.

Best to talk fast upon being spit out.

Otherwise chimera swarming might be the not-so-warm welcome.

And that would be just awful wouldn't it?

The word seems to have spread fast through the Obsidian Forest that something is up. A contingent of about half a dozen or so chimeras are already present at the portal, having taken up positions all around it.

All ready for a fight.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Dwarf in the Playground

Obsidian Forest

The portal reaches it's full size and definition, and out pops a fifty foot tall eldritch abomination.

Imagine a crab, with great claw. And anenomie-like tentacles coming out of it's back. Instead of a standard crab face, she has a red eye with one pupil... shaped like the Mandelbrot set. Coming out of it like a scorpion's tail is a long body, similar to a praying mantis. Long claws, purple in color, are covered in some kind of... stuff. On her chest is another eye, this one triangular with a number of circular pupils moving around in it. Down her back is an odd mixture of spikes, scales, and chitin. her face is oddly like a human's, but with out a mouth, nose, or ears. The right half of her face is covered by a slab of chitin, leaving her left eye as her only real facial feature. Said eye is red like the others, but with three rows of pupils sliding past one another. Her head is covered with blue hair, and a number of tentacles of hair come out of her forehead.

Only fifty feet tall; it's a small one.

Also, she seems to be... dazed. The portal thing was not easy for her to do.

13. - Top - End - #613

[Obsidian Forest]

Well.

That's pretty terrible.

The chimeras know that they aren't a match for an actual Old One. That isn't even a contest. But that begs the question 'what's the thing doing here?'

Mother is still watching at the threshold.

Nothing should be able to get through.

So how did this one make it intact?

As the gathering swarm of chimeras contemplates this one little half-drow girl breaks away from the stone treeline and approaches the towering monster!

"Hello."

14. - Top - End - #614
    Dwarf in the Playground

Obsidian Forest

It's dizzy. Very dizzy. She didn't expect for it to be that-oh hey there.

The little girl is definitely noticed. A single long hair tentacle sets itself in front of her, flattening into a platform-like thing.

"Oh, hey there. Sorry if I scared you. What are you doing... hmm. You're one of the warden's kids aren't you? You and your posse."

This old one... does not seem very old at all. Her engergy does not match any other energy, and probably even seems off from the standard of the continuity. Weird.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Meeting Spot]

Quinn, Kirk, Edijar, Harnel and Cessie arrives in some manner or another to the meeting the place which happens to be near the corpses of a few dead trees.

And soon enough after they arrived Libra materializes out of thin air with an amazed look in her face. "Geee!" She exclaims, clapping her hands, jumping up and down in pure excitement. "A whole party! This is going to be so fun!"

She suddenly disappears just to appear again behind Kirk, looking him over. "Okay, so one sixth ranger, a white haired pretty boy, deflector from the enemy... check!"

And suddenly she's at Quinn, peering at the brunette curiously, "The medic and the team mom... check!"

The next moment the Oni is looking Edijar over, "Hrm, the lancer, a struggling imperfect anti-hero ... check!"

And then she's floating above Cessie like a vampire, "Love interest, the chick, a run away princess... check!"

Then finally she is standing right in front of Harnel. "And you the hero, the idiot hero in fact!" She exclaims but then glances at Edijar once again. "...or possibly just the team pet. I dunno." Libra shrugs.

"Anyway! Now that all things are here, do you like to partake in THE FINAL BATTLE?"

16. - Top - End - #616

[Obsidian Forest]

The girl glances down at the tentacles

"You smell weird," the little girl replies as she looks back up at what might count as a face on the strange creatures.

"I she one of our relatives?"
    inquires a curious squirrel/hawk/pine martin/boa as he peeks out of the branches of a nearby tree.

The little girl shakes her head. "I dunno. Maybe. Maybe not. She feels like she belongs here more than the things Mother wanted us to kill."

Blue hops out of his tree and bounds toward the hulking abomination, tail all poofed up in excitement. "You aren't here to cause trouble are you?"

Let's see what the answer is?

17. - Top - End - #617
    Dwarf in the Playground

Obsidian Forest

The tentacle is made entirely of blue hair. Regular hair, except that it's prehensile and presumably very strong. The creature has a human-ish face, but that is waay up there.

"Umm... There will be trouble. I'm not going to lie about that. But I think it will be good trouble, as opposed to bad trouble."

She examines the surroundings. Oh, boy...

"Getting in was harder than I thought. This place is not easy to get to. Not this forest, this... Realital thing."

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

[Meeting Spot]

Harnel turns to look at the group, a look on his face that says, 'I'm sorry. I didn't think you'd end up involved in this'

"Uh, Libra, what exactly do you mean by a final battle?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

19. - Top - End - #619

[Obsidian Forest]

The male chimera growls at the mention of trouble.

Trouble isn't ever good!

That's contradictory!

Unless you're playing the Board game Trouble.

Then it's kind of fun.

"What. Are you doing here," the weird little critter hisses.

He knows he's no threat to this thing.

But he'll still make a show of it.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Dwarf in the Playground

Obsidian Forest

The large thing... sighs.

"Things are so much easier when I don't have so much mindpower. Okay."

Some of the prehensile hair begins to braid itself. That's odd.

"I'm standing here, on the back of K'rax-Naggath, because of a long story which resulted in me, talking to K'rax, in a different timeline, which I proceeded to escape before I was found by the Old ones. I am here because it had the energy of K'Rax, and I wanted to meet her. However, it seems she is... not in a position to talk. Mainly because something forcibly lobotomized her. I may be able to fix her... but that would cause trouble due to a elder thing coming back to full operation."

"Does that make sense to you? If not, I understand."

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

[Meeting Spot]

Kirk casually produces a knife from his jacket and shakes his head. "I'm not getting paid enough for this." He takes stock of Libra and her apparent ability to teleport. "So we have to kill her now?" Or abandon them as soon as the going gets tough.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Troll in the Playground

(note: will catch up on Caravan in a few minutes)

Meeting Spot

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Quinn, Kirk, Edijar, Harnel and Cessie arrives in some manner or another to the meeting the place which happens to be near the corpses of a few dead trees.

And soon enough after they arrived Libra materializes out of thin air with an amazed look in her face. "Geee!" She exclaims, clapping her hands, jumping up and down in pure excitement. "A whole party! This is going to be so fun!"

She suddenly disappears just to appear again behind Kirk, looking him over. "Okay, so one sixth ranger, a white haired pretty boy, deflector from the enemy... check!"

And suddenly she's at Quinn, peering at the brunette curiously, "The medic and the team mom... check!"

The next moment the Oni is looking Edijar over, "Hrm, the lancer, a struggling imperfect anti-hero ... check!"

And then she's floating above Cessie like a vampire, "Love interest, the chick, a run away princess... check!"

Then finally she is standing right in front of Harnel. "And you the hero, the idiot hero in fact!" She exclaims but then glances at Edijar once again. "...or possibly just the team pet. I dunno." Libra shrugs.

"Anyway! Now that all things are here, do you like to partake in THE FINAL BATTLE?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Meeting Spot]

Harnel turns to look at the group, a look on his face that says, 'I'm sorry. I didn't think you'd end up involved in this'

"Uh, Libra, what exactly do you mean by a final battle?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Meeting Spot]

Kirk casually produces a knife from his jacket and shakes his head. "I'm not getting paid enough for this." He takes stock of Libra and her apparent ability to teleport. "So we have to kill her now?" Or abandon them as soon as the going gets tough.

"I'm not here for a final battle. I'm here to hand over this," Quinn waves the box she's holding, "And leave, although if I get to take your heart I'm sure my husband will enjoy it with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

23. - Top - End - #623

[Obsidian Forest]

All those words go completely unheaded except for the ones that matter to the chittering, chattering chimeras.

Which words are those?

'I may be able to fix her-'

"Oh! You should do that!"
    "Yeah, make Mother better!"
    "Yes yes! Wake Mother up!"
    "Yay, Mother!"

A good dozen or so of the critters agree, now swarming around the weird eldritch thing's feet.

They want Zee to wake up again!

It would make them ever so happy.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Troll in the Playground

[Caravan]

She smiles at Jamie.

"I've had worse. And no, I wasn't sleeping behind a desk. I was in the bed, a noise woke me up, and I saw you through the window, so I was hiding there."
    "Oh." Jamie nods, looking sheepishly to the others.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #625
    Troll in the Playground

{Caravan}

So, how'd you get here? Where'd you come from? Caroline asks, still petting the kitteh. And where'd Mister Buttons come from?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

26. - Top - End - #626
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Obsidian Forest]

All those words go completely unheaded except for the ones that matter to the chittering, chattering chimeras.

Which words are those?

'I may be able to fix her-'

"Oh! You should do that!"
    "Yeah, make Mother better!"
    "Yes yes! Wake Mother up!"
    "Yay, Mother!"

A good dozen or so of the critters agree, now swarming around the weird eldritch thing's feet.

They want Zee to wake up again!

It would make them ever so happy.
    "Oh, woah! Might! Might! I don't know! I may be able to! Please don't swarm my feet, I don't want to step on you on accident. Now, do you have any other questions for me, or what?"

She's half hoping someone there is smart enough to doubt her motives. Critical thinking is always a plus in her book.

I mean, they don't even know her NAME, much less how she could fix things.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caravan]

"Why are you on the ship? How come we didn't see you the first time we scoured this room? What is your quest?" Vincent helps Caroline bombard the lady!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Caravan]

"Oh." Jamie nods, looking sheepishly to the others.
    {Caravan}

So, how'd you get here? Where'd you come from? Caroline asks, still petting the kitteh. And where'd Mister Buttons come from?
    [Caravan]

"Why are you on the ship? How come we didn't see you the first time we scoured this room? What is your quest?" Vincent helps Caroline bombard the lady!

"My questions for you exactly. Except that it's my room, so I didn't search it. As for the cat, you know his name, so that's more than I do. And what are you going on about as far as quests?"

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

Meeting Place

Edijar sighs. "She doesn't mean her." He says with a shake of his head. "It means she's probably going to summon something." The commander pauses a moment, looking at the others before looking back at Libra. "Whatever it is, I'm ready."

30. - Top - End - #630
    Troll in the Playground

{Caravan}

"My questions for you exactly. Except that it's my room, so I didn't search it. As for the cat, you know his name, so that's more than I do. And what are you going on about as far as quests?"
    But.... I don't know his name. I just gave it to him a moment ago.

As for the quest, we just wanna know what you're doing here, besides sleeping? Maybe we should talk to the Captain.
    she looks to the others for their agreement.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody