New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

Kate V Harnel

Kate is confused. As she notices that she is in the same arena as a red half dragon with a lot of weapons, she also becomes panicked.

Kate obviously does not have any experience with telepathy, and the only thing Libra gets over the link is confusion, and notions along the lines of (This is crazy!) (You are crazy!) (Why me?) (Death: Do Not Want!)

There is also a lot of mental static.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

[Kirk VS Wenomir]

When Wenomir sword his deflected, he twists his whole body and disengages from Kirk in a pirouette, ending his movement a little away from the drow, sword raised in defensive position. He plans to use his superior reach as much as he can, since the demon-drow is apparently perfectly willing to fight for some sick freak's amusement. There's going to be hell to pay when he gets out of here.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate VS Harnel]

Harnel looks at Kate for a moment, and blinks. There was supposed to be a fight? She just looks confused. Harnel shakes his head, and, much like Edijar before him, will flap his wings to bring him up to the diamond thing. One hand on the diamond, he'll attempt to bring his sword through the chain it's hanging from; Conflict should cut through normal metal quite easily.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Barbarian in the Playground

What versus Quinn

What's head gets smushed. SPLAT, just like that. He leans backward, as if he were about to tumble backwards and fall over dead, but then abruptly rights himself, lifts up the hammer, and ZAP! Lightning arcs out from the godly weapon, intent on reaching up and zapping the super-psychic brains right out of Quinn's head. Mwahahaha, it'll take more than an imploded head to stop What!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

Arena 5

"Mhm.. and if Harnel's team loses, you'll kill him? Which team am I on, anyway?" Charity asks, taking another drink of beer.

She wishes that every weird Nexus event that occurred to her happened with beer present. Mmm, beer.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #666
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Ilpholin and Cessie's Arena]

The mage doesn't actually need to dodge as a air elemental is summoned, attempting to block the whip with a wind wall as Cessie just moves away from Ilpholin.

[Kirk VS Wenomir]

Hey, it's not my fault your here. It was Harnel's deal and I just made it more intresting! Libra replies.

[Charity vs Edijar]

Edijar manages to crush the gem and suddenly he and Charity can talk to each other again.

If anyone in Harnel's team loses he need to face me in a final boss battle. If he loses that I'll give him a punishment and I might also kill him. I dunno. Your on the not-Harnel team, so if YOU win, I'll give you a wish! Maybe! She informs Charity.

Hey! No Fair! He can hear Libra's voice in his head.

[Kate VS Harnel]

Harnel manages to cut through the chain and it falls down along with the gem into the sand below.

Of course I'm not! I'm perfectly sane like you! Now fight, fight, fight! The oni tells Kate.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-10-30 at 11:58 AM.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate VS Harnel]

Harnel will go down to the ground after the diamond and, assuming that Conflict can cut through it, Harnel will bring the point of his sword into the diamond to split it.

Assuming that works, he says to Kate, "I really hate when someone does the arena thing. It's completely overdone. Tell you what; One of us is allowed to surrender, but I'm not really willing to do the whole 'Boss fight' thing Libra wants." He scratches his head, thinking of how to word this, "We'll ask one of the teams loses, alright? I'll let you have your wish if one of my teams loses; then the boss fight is unavoidable anyways. If my entire team wins, you surrender. Fair?"

8. - Top - End - #668
    Troll in the Playground

Charity vs Edijar

"So if I win, you're going to try and kill Harnel. Is anyone going to get killed if Edijar wins?"
    Charity asks. And suddenly, she can hear the sound of her own voice midway through. She looks up at Edijar to see if he'll explain now.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin vs Cessie]

Ilpholin scowls as her whip is deflected. She hated mages so much sometimes. Always a pain.

She'd have to deal with that air elemental first. Or get around it. Hmmm...
    Ilpholin starts spinning her whip in a rapid circle directly in front of her, a vibrating film forming in the middle as she advances more slowly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Kate VS Harnel]

Harnel will go down to the ground after the diamond and, assuming that Conflict can cut through it, Harnel will bring the point of his sword into the diamond to split it.

Assuming that works, he says to Kate, "I really hate when someone does the arena thing. It's completely overdone. Tell you what; One of us is allowed to surrender, but I'm not really willing to do the whole 'Boss fight' thing Libra wants." He scratches his head, thinking of how to word this, "We'll ask one of the teams loses, alright? I'll let you have your wish if one of my teams loses; then the boss fight is unavoidable anyways. If my entire team wins, you surrender. Fair?"
    If this does work, Kate will nod.

"I would just surrender anyway, but okay. I don't know why she chose me, I can't fight. At all."

She has forgotten something, but that's okay.

11. - Top - End - #671

[Kate VS Harnel]

The gem is destroyed by the sword, enabling Kate and Harnel to speak to each other.

Charity vs Edijar

People might die in the fights! But otherwise no, it will be pretty boring. Libra replies.

[Ilpholin vs Cessie]

The air elemental stays back as Ilpholin approaches, pushing itself up in the air towards the gem as Cessie summons a earth elemental. She doesn't just summon it nearby, she summons it around herself as an armor. Of course this blocks sight and therefore spellcasting but the elemental can still control itself and starts to march towards Ilpholin.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin vs Cessie]

Great. Armor. It's like Cessie wanted to escalate things to lethal levels. Grr.

Well earthen armored Cessie is probably still slower than Air Elemental, so Ilpholin decides to take care of that first to try and keep her speed advantage.

Her spinning shield whip suddenly cracks to a point through the middle and sends a blast of energy at the air elemental, hoping it will be enough to disrupt the creature entirely. Could be, since the thing is made out of air.

Ilpholin starts backing away from the Cessie tank.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate VS Harnel]

"Libra is apparently getting together different 'opposits' for the people I brought with me. I don't think she had fighting ability in mind when she chose you. more personality stuff." Harnel says, thinking about it.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate "VS" Harnel

"Huh. That seems like a odd thing to do. You would think she would check the combat capabilities before grabbing someone."

She thinks for a minute.

"Well, thank you for... not simply bashing me and being done with it."

She doesn't doubt that Harnel would win. Not one bit.

15. - Top - End - #675

[Ilpholin vs Cessie]

The air elemental is dispatched by Ilpholin's force blast to Cessie's misfortune. The earth elemental doesn't seem to want to attack the drow however. Instead it stops right underneath the gem and shakes it's head, pointing up at the gem which the air elemental was trying to reach.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate "VS" Harnel]

Harnel smiles, "I have something of a thing against fighting people who aren't trying to fight back. Or, you know, can't." Harnel has no doubt either.

He sits down on the ground, the point of his sword digging into the sand to make it stand up, "So, who are you?"

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin vs Cessie]

Ilpholin frowns. A ruse to buy time? To stop Ilpholin from attacking? To misdirect Ilpholin? Probably. But the earth elemental was right under the gem. Maybe she could kill two birds with one stone.

Staying on the move, just in case, Ilpholin snaps out her whip at the chain, hoping to wrap around it, turn the whip super sharp, then retract the whip like a measuring tape and slice right through the thing, causing the gem to fall on Cessie tank. With a whole lot of luck it'll hit her head, knock her out, AND shatter. A win win!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #678

[Ilpholin vs Cessie]

The earth elemental was in fact prepared for her to do just that and as Ilpholin manages to snap the chain of, it catches the gem as it falls and crushes it between it's fits.

Team work!

A moment later the drow can hear Cessie's magically transported voice coming from the elemental. "Ilpholin, I'm sorry this mad woman called you here but she never explained what this was about. I'm pregnant with twins and Libra claims that if Harnel loses this barbaric challenge she will kill my children. Do you understand?" She asks in a grave joyless voice.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-10-30 at 03:12 PM.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin vs Cessie]

"Oh? Is that true?" Ilpholin replies, a bit skeptical. But mostly buying for time.

"IS that true?" Ilpholin asks Libra directly.

Ilpholin moves into a defensive stance, bringing back up her spinning whip shield.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2011-10-30 at 02:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #680
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate "VS" Harnel

Kate smiles and offers a hand to shake.

"Kate Kyland."

She is of average build, and has the kind of face that reminds you of this other person, but not really now that you have a good look at it. She has backpack (with an umbrella sticking out) and two leather pouches on her belt, but does not appear to have anything besides that.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirk VS Wenomir]

Kirk kind of hopes Wenomir took note of the non lethal nature of Kirk's last attack. He doesn't particularly want to try and kill him unless he has to. Just to make sure, the drow throws his knife up at the gem stopping them from talking. Hopefully that'll shatter it.

The drow moves forward, faking stepping in to attack, but really hoping to draw the fighter into attacking in turn so he can work with that.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate "VS" Harnel]

Since I haven't described him in quite a while...

Harnel is a tall man. He's quite muscular, but in a more athletic sense than a body builder, which makes it look more natural. He's covered in crimson scales, though he has yellow platers going down his through and torso, all the way to the tip of his stomach. Black hair and golden eyes, his ears are shaped much like a pair of fins. A few spikes also grace his chin, and a pair of back sweeping horns are on his head. his face looks about eighty percent human, with this mixed in as the other twenty percent. Despite this though, if you can get past the scales, he's actually fairly handsome. His legs end in a pair of draconic feet, a long tail about four and a half feet long hangs behind him, and he has a pair of large wings protruding from his back. Currently, he's wearing a blue long sleeved shirt made of cotton, over brown fatigue pants.

He accepts Kate's hand and shakes it with his own clawed hand. "Harnel Mithar."

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

[Shed #5]
    Not much is left of whatever Shed 5 used to be part of.
    Was it a military outpost? A scientific research base?
    Whatever it was, it's nothing but a burned-out ruin now. The main building is just chunks of wall, scorched and crumbling. The supply sheds aren't hurt as badly on average, but some are ruined. Shed 5 is one of few that escaped with a few burn marks and gouges.
    And by "escaped" I mean "didn't move at all".

The huddled mass on the floor shifts as one part of it wakes beneath the canvas blanket. A sickly-looking young woman with spindly taloned hands and long, ragged dull black hair sits up, looking down at the one she was huddling with to stay warm through the night. One of the only things she has left from a world she never chose to be in anyway.
    Last edited by Beans; 2011-10-30 at 02:56 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

24. - Top - End - #684

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Shed #5]
    Not much is left of whatever Shed 5 used to be part of.
    Was it a military outpost? A scientific research base?
    Whatever it was, it's nothing but a burned-out ruin now. The main building is just chunks of wall, scorched and crumbling. The supply sheds aren't hurt as badly on average, but some are ruined. Shed 5 is one of few that escaped with a few burn marks and gouges.
    And by "escaped" I mean "didn't move at all".

The huddled mass on the floor shifts as one part of it wakes beneath the canvas blanket. A sickly-looking young woman with spindly taloned hands and long, ragged dull black hair sits up, looking down at the one she was huddling with to stay warm through the night. One of the only things she has left from a world she never chose to be in anyway.
    The other form begins to move. It turns out to be another humanoid woman, with the same sickly look as the other. She has pitch black eyes, And has a certain... air about her. She sits up and looks around.
    Well, wasn't that just a delightful nap?
    She asks the other woman, in a voice that sounds like a mix between breathy and rasping.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

[Shed 5]
    Likhet shifts the blanket so it stays around the other girl's shoulders. It's cold, after all.
    She found them a pair of old military overcoats last night and had them sleep on top of them; she hands one to her Oracle, gently keeping her close to maximize the shared body heat. She doesn't want her Oracle to get chilled.
    Mmmhmm.
    Put this on, dear prophet. It's cold.

She combines terms of reverence and affection, as she's done ever since the disaster that left them wandering a week ago.

She wonders when that damn Harpy will be back.
    Last edited by Beans; 2011-10-30 at 03:34 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #686

[Shed 5]

Arie smiles at Likhet.
    I do miss home. I wonder...
    She seems lost in thought over something, not an uncommon occurrence for her. She pulls the coat on subconsciously.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #687

[Ilpholin vs Cessie]

"Umm... yeah, why? They can always make another one." Libra replies in a confused tone, actually speaking this time.

[Kirk VS Wenomir]

The Kirk's knife just barely scratches the gem before it falls harmlessly to the ground below.

[Kate "VS" Harnel]

As they are introducing themselves to each other Libra's voice can be heard. "Boooring, I didn't bring you here to talk, that's what the gem's where for!"

"Now I have to make this into a real battle just because of you! Yes, this is all your fault."

And suddenly Kate will feel herself being filled with power, probably greater then she ever known before. Now she don't have to look up to Harnel anymore, being roughly the same size as him. She will also feel stronger and much faster then before, the elements themselves being at her command.

Foremost she will know very well that Harnel is an enemy to her for a reason which is up to her player to decide.

Harnel will see that Kate suddenly starts to change, turning into a half-dragon and wearing clothes of her players choice, wielding a staff. It appears she's some kind of magic user.

((God-mod approved.))
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-10-30 at 03:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

[Shed 5]
    Likhet pulls her own coat on, then gently holds Arie close.
    So do I, sweetie.
    After a while she looks up.
    Let's go check Shed 7 for some food, okay?

She had found a coat for their other companion last night, but his wings required her to cut the sleeves off. She gave it to him before he went to scout.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

29. - Top - End - #689

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Shed 5]
    Likhet pulls her own coat on, then gently holds Arie close.
    So do I, sweetie.
    After a while she looks up.
    Let's go check Shed 7 for some food, okay?

She had found a coat for their other companion last night, but his wings required her to cut the sleeves off. She gave it to him before he went to scout.
    Arie nods and stands, brushing herself off with her hands. She tries to hold hands with Likhet for the usual reassurance.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

[Shed 5 > Compound > Shed 7]
    She takes Arie's hand in her own spidery, clawed one, and leads her over to Shed 7, where she suspects food supplies are.

Likhet taps the door with her knuckles, then frowns.
    Stand back, dear. This may get violent.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show