New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

Bronze Pyramid

Reinholdt would try down first. It's the most logical way to go to him in an illogical place.

"Oh hey, there you are. I think I'm mostly done here. Did you guys need any more stories or anything?" The cat asks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Orc in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

He might have got himself turned upside down and, given the room's nature, he'd never be sure which way was originally 'down' for him.

"We are always willing to accept donations, but I believe your last story was enough to pay for what you are gathering upon this trip. If there is more then we will be amenable to more information about your history, or any other interesting facts about people, places and things that you know. The quantity and quality of the information naturally corresponds to the price we are willing to give in exchange." Less information equals less they're willing to give out, basically. And if they already know it, then they might not accept it at all.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

Wouldn't stop him from going his relative down!

"Oh well, I have one fact to share. Magtok's a jerk. That's a donation by the way. Feel free to include it in all of your records. But no, otherwise I think we're done here, thank you." Reinholdt says, prepared to follow the Encyclopede back out to the historical relic room that comprises the entrance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Orc in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

"You didn't need to fly. This chamber, despite being cuboid, lacks both walls and a ceiling. Every surface is the floor." The Encyclopede remarks as it walks towards the lift used to enter this chamber. The lift will lurch left, and apparantly move sideways rather than up or down.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

"Ah. Well, that would have been disorienting to say the very least." Reinholdt says, trying to wrap his head around a room that's all floors. Probably best to not think about it too much.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

6. - Top - End - #996
    Orc in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

Not when you've gotten used to the idea it isn't.

"Possibly. We may have to run some more tests. Do you know anywhere we could obtain sentient test subjects without attracting too much attention?" Yes, the Encyclopede just asked Reinholdt where to find a slave trader.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

Oh it makes plenty of sense to me.

"Test subjects? Oh it shouldn't be too hard. Just advertise on the Wall that you're willing to pay people for participating in experiments and you should find some volunteers." Reinholdt explains. "Just be upfront and honest about what your experiments are about and you shouldn't have too much hassle or unwanted attention from the press or whatever."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2011-11-08 at 06:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

8. - Top - End - #998
    Orc in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

"I doubt people would accept all the money in the world in exchange for an experiment ending in vivisection to examine the results." Vivisection is like disection, only death is optional.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

"Umm... err... maybe some dying people if their money goes to their family. Aren't such experiments illegal?" Reinholdt asks, peering at the Encyclopede suspiciously now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Percival]

What a shocker! Percival, at heart, is on par with the stereotypical slave owner, easily despised with a base, parasitic ideology governing his every action, charting his course in life. And here Eericka had thought she might have found a master that commanded respect not through acts of coercion but through understanding.

While Eericka is quite relieved that Sir Percival has displayed evil tendencies, thus proving that he is indeed a demon, she doesn't treasure the thought of spending her entire life in his service. He appears to be the abusive type. It could be worse. He could be using Eericka like Azurelle is using her slaves.

"I understand, master. I thank you for issuing me a warning before inflicting your punishments upon me."

Eericka submissively replies, averting her eyes from Percy with great celerity.

Given that Eericka appears as through she shall be serving as Percy's personal medic, it might not be in Percival's best interests to harm her too much. After all, you reap what you sow.
    "Good. I hope you won't have any more outbursts." Percival straightens. The air in the room lightens, and all seems well. "So this faith of yours... tell me about it." He starts toward the door, gesturing for Eericka to follow.

[EtherAin Manor - Walls]

Molodai retreats from the spearhead, hissing horribly, blood running down her cheeks. Once it gets close enough, she tries to seize the spear's shaft and yank the elf toward her.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-11-08 at 10:40 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Riv's Hamlet]

Warsh won't attempt to engage the guards in any form of combat, mortal or otherwise, nor shall he attempt to beat a hasty retreat! He shall merely comply with the guards' commands/requests.

The guard's shall find a survival knife in his pack, the 9mm pistol he is openly wearing (and two clips of ordinary ammo), and one book (concerning treatment of minor injuries one might conceivably suffer from during an extended trip through the wild, untamed sectors of this world) on his person. He's carrying a map as well, just in case the guards are interested in that sort of document.

Warsh attempts to make small talk as he is investigated.

"Would you mind pointing me in the direction of a store where I might purchase some provisions? And before I forget, is there anywhere in town where I might be able to spend the night?"
    The knife, gun, ammo and book are confiscated, although the map is left alone. To his small-talk, however, the guards have only one response; "Ruuurghhhd?" It appears the guards, in addition to having the intellect of zombies, also have the verbal capacity of brainless undead.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [In the Woods]

"I have no intention of murdering her." The Templar growls. "She must be returned to the Circle. For her safety and the safety of those around her. Now stand aside.
    [In The Woods]

Frankly, the girl doesn't care who this mysterious man is that came to her rescue, she merely collapses, against a tree, her legs finally having given out.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Barbarian in the Playground

In the Woods

"She has decided otherwise. I have decided her to support her. Do not test me further. Should this come to violence only one of us may leave alive, and I have endured worse than you." the light at his fingers grows with his conviction. This is the Right thing to do. Though the god's whispers grow dull in his ears he shall not falter.

It should be clear to the templar now. Whatever Fredrick is, he is clearly magical.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

[In the Woods]

"Another Apostate." The Templar realizes, backing up a few steps and reaching for his sword and shield.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

[In the Woods]

The girl is mostly just sort of trying to hide herself against the tree, as her legs refuse to work right now. She's also panting very heavily and just generally is in a state of tired. She won't be contributing much to the next few posts, and thus can be skipped.

16. - Top - End - #1006

In the Woods

"I know this word from my home. Heretics against the church? Perhaps your earthly church would condemn me, but I do the Gods' bidding now." He continues to hold his pose, the light creeping back along his arm. If nothing is done it will soon cover his entire body.

"You have made your case. Now leave."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

[In the Woods]

"Blessed are they who stand before the corrupt and the wicked and do not falter." The Templar intones, tightening the straps of his shield and adjusting the his grip on sword. "Blessed are the peacekeepers, the champions of the just."

His prayer finished, the Templar charges, trying to knock back Frdrick with his shield.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

18. - Top - End - #1008

In the Woods

Oh boy. I believe the Saint took offence to the young man before him calling himself a "Champion of the Just." In fact judging by the way his aura just brightened and his eyes narrowed I'd say he is willing to fight.

And then he is broadsided by a moving shield.

Fredrick is sent flying into a tree, but is still standing and looks to be unharmed.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

[In the Woods]

The Templar advances and lets out a roar, swinging his sword in Fredrick's direction. A swirl of bright flames flow from the blade towards the Saint. Should it strike, Fredrick will be lashed with condemning fire, specifically designed to harm and weaken spellcasters.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

20. - Top - End - #1010

In the Woods

Unfortunately for his own health, Fredrick fears no earthly force, and moves into the blow to attempt to land one of his own. All the light from his aura collects in his hand. And then he reaches out and tries to lay it on the Templar's chest plate. Should it connect the templar will feel deathly cold, as if plunged into the antartic depths without anyway to be warm again. The cold only gets worse as time goes on, and should last for a full minute before it begins to recede.

The blast of the flames does not move the Saint, passing into his skin as if it was no barrier. However if the paladin gets a good look at him he'll see that beneath his robes his skin has begun to peel and burn. From his hands a steady drip of blood drips, massive holes in his palms opening as the damage to his spirit brings the wounds he acquired in his mortal life upon his form.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

[In the Woods]

The Templar brings his shield up to block the attack, Still the cold reaches through the metal ad into his arm. The armored man growls as his teeth start to shiver. Again he pushes at Fredrick with his shield, trying to put a little distance between them so he can bring the sword to bear. It won't have as much momentum as the last bashing Fredrick recieved, however.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

22. - Top - End - #1012

In the Woods

It doesn't have to, as Fredrick is almost completely felled by the last blow. Even now more wounds are opening on his body overtop the old ones, a sum total of a lifetime of abuse and hardship. The gentle shove knocks him over on his back, and despite his lack of need for breath he lets out a rasping, rattling wheeze.

"What foul magic is this? What demon pacts have you signed to possess such unholy might..."

The remaining holy light on his body goes to work repairing the wounds it can, but it will be a long time before the Saint is well enough to rise. Seeing his end again before him in the form of a mortal man, he'll do what he does best. He'll proselytize.

"You-you call this Justice? Justice for whom, boy? You call this woman corrupt for doubting in your ways and commiting apostasy? Corruption is far deeper than that boy. Corruption runs so deep and prevalent through civilization that any effort against it is doomed to failure. It is the water we drink, the food we harvest. It is the very church you stand for. Had I enough strength I could show you just how far your corruption goes..."

"And for all your prayers, you do not do justice here this day. For I Am Justice. By my word men suffer for their sins, by my word women weep tears of relief at their innocence. By my word you shall fail this day, and take word back to your chantry that Justice is served in the parts by another, and he does not suffer pretenders."

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

[In the Woods]

"B-blasphemous Maleficar!" The Templar shouts through chattering teeth. He raises his sword and brings it down hard, but the swing is wild and badly aimed, his muscles siezing from the cold of the Saint's spell. All power with no finesse.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

24. - Top - End - #1014

In the Woods

The sword is rather unluckily aimed directly at the Saint's neck, but he manages to get his arm up in time to catch the blow just above his wrist, cutting deep into the flesh but stopping dead on the bone.

"You think me a witch? I am a cleric of the Voices of God. A Saint under their power. Perish knowing you have accomplished nothing." Fredrick's other arm reaches across his body, the light collected in his palm turning a muddy grey as he seeks to touch the templar's shin before the man can recover his blade. The spell in his hand is on of harming, not able to kill on its own, but similar to the Templar's smiting fires.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

[In the Woods]

The Templar pulls back, but not fast enough. The spell hits him and he stumbles, falling to his knees. The amrored man makes no attempt to rise, instead he falls into the lines of a prayer. "Those who oppose thee shall know the wrath of heaven... They shall cry out to their false gods and find silence."

Around him, magic is sucked from the air, dispelling effects both good and bad.
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2011-11-09 at 03:45 PM.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

26. - Top - End - #1016

In the Woods

Well, that will certainly hurt the situation. While the Saint's body is semi-magical, it can still function without, and so doesn't fall apart. However the regeneration he was benefitting from is now gone, and may not return until he can re-establish a link to his gods through prayer.

In the Templar's corner, the magical poison that had been sapping the warmth from his body becomes mundane and useless, although the damage it has caused will remain for some time.

Quite frankly, it seems to all come down to who is hurt worse, and whether either one has the strength to finish the other off.

Unless the lass they are fighting over has some input on the situation.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

[In the Woods]

The Templar makes another short chop at Fredrick while trying to push himself to his feet. However, he can't quite manage to stand, weakened as he is.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

[In The Woods]

The girl, who has been sitting beside her tree this entire time, will stand up, rather wobbly, and attempt to grab Frederick by the arm to drag him along. she isn't about to abandon the man who saved her life to a Templar, especially now that she knew he was another mage. Time to go! Time to go go go!

29. - Top - End - #1019

In the Woods

Fredrick is chopped at, striking nearly the exact place as last time as he wearily raises his ruined arm to block. This time his bone gives way, shattering under the blade. His arm is useless now, hanging from a few inches of skin on his inner forearm. Unlike the Templar however, he can stand, and endeavors to do so with the help of the young woman.

"I can walk, if you'll support me awhile."

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

[In The Woods]

"Are you sure? You... you fought him pretty hard." But she'll start helping him up regardless, and though she falters a bit, she'll be able to help him move if he keeps her from falling as well.