New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

In the Woods

Then they'll just have to lean on each other.

"Why does such a man persist after you young one? Why does his church condemn you?" Fredrick asks the young woman a few pointed questions in between praying to his gods for guidance and temperance under his breath.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ogre in the Playground

[In The Woods]

The girl raises her hand to show Frederik, and a ball of bluish light winks into existence above it, "They capture and imprison mages, Just for being born with magic. There isn't another reason except for their fear and paranoia."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #1023

In the Woods

Fredrick frowns, it seems this is worse than he could have expected.

"Can you heal with your magic? The gods have fallen silent in my ears and we shall not get far in this state. Your pursuer shall not be long recovering either."

Fredrick ceases his chanting to attempt to bring some light to his fingers and light their way. All he gets is a dull glow.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-11-09 at 10:50 PM.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

[In The Woods]

The girl looks unsure of herself, "I... think so? I know the spell, but I've never really done it before, so something bad might end up happening."

Still, she places a hand on the man's chest, and with a few pulses of blue and green energy,a few of his wounds will heal and his stamina should recover. it's not enough to recover completely, but it's far from just a little.

"... it worked!"

5. - Top - End - #1025

In the Woods

The wounds he took from the smiting are no longer bleeding at least, and some of the burns have receded. His right arm is still in shambles though, and hardly looks any better than before the spell was cast.

"We are a long way from safety, and closer than I would like to that madman. We should leave here."

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground

[In The Woods]

"I agree, but I'm... having a bit of trouble walking," the girl says, looking fairly exhausted.

7. - Top - End - #1027

In the Woods

"I do not tire. Should you falter, I will carry you. Should my arm cease to work, I will drag you. But make no mistake. Should you be guilty of things beyond what you say, and I must force them out of you? I am tireless, and will hunt you. Better to admit your guilt now than see the end of my patience." It appears the young woman may have traded herself one madman for another. Fredrick keeps walking, steady, never slowing.

Tireless.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

[In The Woods]

"All I've done," She says, slogging along, "Is escape unjust imprisonment. I don't believe that's wrong."

9. - Top - End - #1029

In the Woods

"I would not wish to catch you unawares. I have made my intent plain to you for this reason. Once I am recuperated, my... magic will tell me if you have lied."

Fredrick has become quite uncompromising since the burning of his church it seems. No longer content to ask for permission, he'll simply rip the knowledge of her sins from the heavens and judge her for them as they come.

But for now, he keeps walking.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Bronze Pyramid

"Umm... err... maybe some dying people if their money goes to their family. Aren't such experiments illegal?" Reinholdt asks, peering at the Encyclopede suspiciously now.
    "Dying people aren't worth experimenting upon. Healthy individuals are best, as we do not need to compensate for non-standard organ quality. There are no laws here; the Library Demiplane is ruled by the Wikipede and if it does something others disagree with then there is little they can do. We are well-defended." Reinholdt's never been to the Museum part of this sub-reality; all the exhibits are mock-ups and worthless, and most are also magically reanimated. Plus, the Encyclopedes deal in weapons technology as well as more mundane sciences.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

"Uh-huuuuuh..." Reinholdt says.
    "Well. Can't help you." He'll leave it at that for now too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Orc in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

"Very well. Thank you for the information anyway." They're currently in the room Reinholdt arrived in, with different artifacts to the last visit, too.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

"Good luck with your search." Reinholdt says insincerely, but doubts the Encyclopede will be able to tell.

He then heads out, ignoring all the historical artifacts along the way.

He does stop at the exit door though, and point a wand at himself, turning himself invisible before continuing on his way and back to Outside proper!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Pixie in the Playground

[Riv's Hamlet]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    The knife, gun, ammo and book are confiscated, although the map is left alone. To his small-talk, however, the guards have only one response; "Ruuurghhhd?" It appears the guards, in addition to having the intellect of zombies, also have the verbal capacity of brainless undead.

Fascinating. Riv appears to be enforcing his rule using enhanced zombies. Oh the possibilities!

Warsh nods in response to the pizza clone meaningless babble before attempting to walk straight past them into the town, provided that they have concluded their intensive search of his supplies.

----------
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Good. I hope you won't have any more outbursts." Percival straightens. The air in the room lightens, and all seems well. "So this faith of yours... tell me about it." He starts toward the door, gesturing for Eericka to follow.

Percival

Spoiler
    Show
    Eericka shall speedily tail Percival out of the door. She really doesn't want to get on his bad side.

"I believe that there is a supreme being that created all of us out of itself in order to explore himself. The universe was created when it realized that it was."

-----

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

Spoiler
    Show
    "Come then, Mine. It's time for you to learn where you shall sleep and get you in your uniform." Elezibethele turns and walks away, ignoring the blood on her hand and tossing the tongue down the hatch.

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle

Spoiler
    Show
    Azurelle will lead the slaves straight there. It's a surprisingly bright room with five manacles dangling from the ceiling and more attached to one of the walls. One of the other walls is used for whip storage, with many whips of different shapes and sizes hanging on it, another is devoted to cruel hooked knives and the third has racks of healing potions. Free standing within the room are some benches, tables, a wheel mounted horizontally to an axel and a brazier with several iron rods heating up within it. "Now I want you to remove your clothes. I don't want to damage them just yet."

[Elezibethele]

Spoiler
    Show
    Mine shall follow Elezibethele wordlessly, silently preparing himself for whatever horrors await him.

[Azurelle]

Spoiler
    Show
    The slaves' eyes grow as wide as is humanly possible. Oh gods. Azurelle is going to severely wound them, isn't she? They compliantly undress themselves. It's better than having their tongues bit off...probably.

I have a hunch that they are only going to be branded this time around, though.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Halfling in the Playground

Percival

"Interesting. How does this fit in with the fact that there are multiple universes?" Once again, Percival seems genuinely interested in what she has to say. Perhaps, being a demon and a former Nazi officer, theology interests him. Best to know your enemy, after all.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalachrech - Percival]

Eericka is hesitant to detail the specifics of her religion to the demon. This demon is evil, after all. He'll probably use whatever info Eericka divulges against her. Then again, an order is an order, and she can't lie about her faith without being untrue to herself...

Plus, the demon would likely be able to detect whether or not she was fibbing. Fibbing might only egg him on.

"There are multiple universes because personalities are made up of several components. I know that seems like it is far too simple an explanation for a question with this much philosophical import, but most descriptions are simpler than the object they describe."

17. - Top - End - #1037

Hermitage of Dalechrech - Percival

"Interesting theory. Where do demons fit in here? Are they the bad parts?" Percival asks, folding his hands behind his back.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground

[Blind Cat's Bluff]

I wondered if anyone besides the assassin was wondering where I was. I know Ermine made no inquiries to me as soon as she saw a chance to run off with the first blob she saw and go gambling. Maybe Tobias and Sophie had found out by now. What were they thinking now? Anything? Nothing? I sort of wish I could tell them I was all right. Where I was.

Invisible Reinholdt reaches the cliff face. He mutters something and rock stairs show up taking him down the cliff face to a spot of the rock that's sliding away revealing a large circular machine with no power source. This was the place he used a long time ago with the Brightheart to steal the Bodhi tree for the Apocacon. The dimension jumper has no real use at this point. But this place was a good hiding spot as he worked.

He steps inside and the rocks slide back into place, concealing the entrance and path to it.

[Outside]

Vincent is here taking steps. Step. Step. Fight random monster way weaker than he is. Step. Step.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2011-11-13 at 12:30 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalechrech - Percival]

Ooch! Demons! That's bound to be a difficult subject to discuss around Percy, given his...condition.

"Demons aren't necessarily evil. They're just seeing the world from a different standpoint compared to...well...me, I guess."

-----
    [Open Field]

Rolling, rolling, rolling across an open, grassy field goes a whistling, armored, titanium tea kettle mounted between two tank treads with a its spout replaced with the barrel of an artillery piece which, by the looks rough and rowdy look of it, must date back to...a really old war. Sheesh! That machine must be about seven feet feet tall and eleven and a half feet wide! I'd reckon that it's able to aim that cannon in any direction!

Whatever is piloting that thing must be mad. As mad as a hatter, even. If one was plotting to (hypothetically) attack any organization, especially WATCHTOWER, in that souped up tin can, I'd recommend they pay a psychiatrist a visit, though that scheme might not be what the driver had in mind.

She intends to field test the war machine and then jam it right down WATCHTOWER's throat!

It's a terrible plan, I know. ... Please don't tell her I just said that.

20. - Top - End - #1040

Northern Mountain

There was a flash of yellow light in the sky above the snow-crusted peak, followed by a faint noise echoing through the air. On close inspection it was a person, plummeting facefirst towards a snowdrift.

It went something like this:

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-" *FUMP*

There was no movement for a while, then suddenly a hand thrust out through the snow and the battered figure of Richard Southam rises out of the drift like a, well, like a irritated, cold and miserable man in fur coat and leggings clambering out of a snowdrift.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Bugbear in the Playground

Open Field

As everyone knows, madness attracts madness like moths to a flame. Today is no exception. Lying squarely in the path of the absurd teapot tank's progress is a checkerboard picnic blanket, atop which sprawls Sir Hex, Gentleman of Distinction, enjoying a late mid-day meal of sandwiches and ice cream. In addition to his usual three piece business suit of red and black velvet, today the avatar of chaos's impeccable attire is accompanied by thick-lenses sunglasses and a straw hat fedora, in order to protect him from the sun's harsh light whilst he enjoys his noon-time repast.

Said sunglasses are quickly removed, however, as Sir Hex catches sight of the bizarre vehicle trundling towards him, squinting at the strange silhouette outlined against the sun and not quite believing his eyes. "Ah, pardon me if this is a bit rude, but you're not seriously driving a giant teapot around, right!? Because that is, quite frankly, one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen this week." Hex yells up at the tank from his seat on the ground, cupping a hand to his ear as he waits for a confirmation that he is, indeed, imagining this.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Pixie in the Playground

[Open Field]

The intricate mish-mash of gears, cogs, pulleys, and rubber bands keeping the modified tea kettle in motion grind to halt a fair distance away from Sir Hex. The tea-tank proceeds no further, but it does continue to move.

The main battery of the nonsensical instrument of destruction attempts to tilt downward until it is level with Sir Hex's head. Next, it begins to whistle. After a few instants have elapsed, a six-foot wide sphere of scalding hot Earl Grey tea might be lobbed at the unfortunate Sir Hex.

The first shot has been fired!

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Bugbear in the Playground

Open Field

Normally, Sir Hex would abandon his lunch and scramble for cover at the sight of someone aiming heavy artillery at him, much like anyone with a scrap of common sense. However, he's still not convinced in the slightest that he isn't imaging this whole thing, so instead he just stays where he is, munching a cucumber sandwich and waiting to see what happens next.

Needless to say, he's very surprised when what happens next is getting barraged by boiling tea.

"Yeearghle!" Screaming in a most undignified manner, Sir Hex clutches at his precious, precious, oh so vulnerable eyes, rolling around on the ground in pain. He does at least retain enough presence of mind to try and roll out of the way of the teaspout though, not wanting to suffer another blast of scalding water.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Steilos View Post
    Northern Mountain

There was a flash of yellow light in the sky above the snow-crusted peak, followed by a faint noise echoing through the air. On close inspection it was a person, plummeting facefirst towards a snowdrift.

It went something like this:

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-" *FUMP*

There was no movement for a while, then suddenly a hand thrust out through the snow and the battered figure of Richard Southam rises out of the drift like a, well, like a irritated, cold and miserable man in fur coat and leggings clambering out of a snowdrift.
    Nearby, Vincent is coming to investigate. He is an elf kid, who is about 12 in human equivalent terms. His hair is crazy, his clothes are insane, and he carries a sword that defies physics by being taller, wider, and heavier than he is.

"Hey! Over there! You all right? I thought I heard screaming." Vincent asks as he approaches Richard.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #1045

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Hermitage of Dalechrech - Percival]

Ooch! Demons! That's bound to be a difficult subject to discuss around Percy, given his...condition.

"Demons aren't necessarily evil. They're just seeing the world from a different standpoint compared to...well...me, I guess."
    Percival prefers to think of it as good impaired.

"But not an illogical standpoint. We're selfish. Looking out for yourself isn't so bad." By Percival's tone, one would think he's talking to a peer. Someone he can discuss philosophy with. That respect is almost certainly calculated.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-11-13 at 02:02 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #1046

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Nearby, Vincent is coming to investigate. He is an elf kid, who is about 12 in human equivalent terms. His hair is crazy, his clothes are insane, and he carries a sword that defies physics by being taller, wider, and heavier than he is.

"Hey! Over there! You all right? I thought I heard screaming." Vincent asks as he approaches Richard.
    Richard(Before he literally stumbles across NO)

With a great spluttering, Richard pulls himself out of the last of the snowdrift and spots Vincent.

"PFFFFF!" Richard exhales the rest of his mouthful of snow in shock, before falling back on his backside. Staggering back up, Richard does his best to address the young? man??

"Me? I'm fine, I guess. Not too bad for falling 200 feet into a snowdrift... Just one problem though..." Richard throws his arms open in an expansive gesture."

"Where the hell am I?"
    Last edited by Steilos; 2011-11-13 at 06:36 AM.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Pixie in the Playground

[Open Field]

The tea cannon appears to be fully functional! That's outstanding! The Hatteress wasn't sure whether or not the tea would cohere to itself to the extent that it would be able to splatter against its target in one bulbous mass.

Time to test the sugar shot! The lid of the teakettle begins to rise up as the deafening sound of pneumatic mechanisms at work hurdles across the battlefield. It isn't long before what appear to be a neon blue, pink spotted machine gun pops out of the kettle's top and attempts to take a bead on Sir Hex. If that all goes well, it'll begin attempting to spew circular pellets of sugar at its target at less than lethal velocities. The projectiles might only leave welts on an average human when they hit him/her, but a body covered in welts is still a body racked with pain (and traumatized at no extra expense)!

-----
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Percival]

Being spoken to as a peer is more than an alien experience for Eericka to encounter. It's a kind gesture but alarming all the same.

"Being selfish can be destructive, if it impinges on another's well-being or free-will."

Eericka boldly asserts. Girl's got moxie, I'll give her that.

"For example, if someone deprives someone else of their most basic needs for nothing more than the acquisition of that material wealth, is that not evil? It is indirectly sentencing another to death for one's own gain and one's own gain alone."

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

Spoiler
    Show
    Elezibethele will take Mine to her room. Beyond the solid oak door carved with Elezibethele's name and the two-tailed scorpion of Dalachrech, is a large room with a comfortable, two-poster bed, large wardrobe, chest of drawers, a trunk at the foot of the bed and a solid-looking door leading away from it. In one corner of the room is a large, wicker dog's bed padded with some thin blankets. There's a stout iron ring set into the wall above it. Unlike Azurelle's room, however, there's no battle trophies, suggestive paintings or any other decoration on the plain, blue walls, and the floor is bare stone save for a rug between the bed and the wardrobe. Elezibethele will walk over to the trunk and open it, taking out a 30ft length of fine steel chain, attached at one end to a gilded clasp bracelet with a lock; the other end is attached to a collar, also gilded, and set with small garnets. "It's fine work, Mine, and your uniform." Mine won't be getting any other clothing- just a collar chaining him to Elezibethele's wrist.

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle

Spoiler
    Show
    Azurelle watches the slave undress hungrily, after closing and locking the door. "Now, stand here, face the door and stick your arms in the air." Azurelle motions the slaves to underneath the manacles. If she is obeyed, Azurelle will reach up and lock the manacles to the triplet's wrists before walking to the brazier, located behind them, before carrying on to take down a knife.

I think your hunch might be wrong.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ogre in the Playground

Northern Mountain

"You're on a mountain about a hundred and fifteen steps east of NO." Vincent says, having actually just come from there.
    Vincent's unit of measurement is not close to anyone else's though, gotta say.

He looks up.
    "What'd you do, have a climbing accident?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalachrech - Elezibethele]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Very fine work indeed."

Mine groans. Oh gods. Not a leash. At least there isn't a choker attached to it or anything. Why the collar is so ornamented, Mine has no clue. He is sure of one thing, though: Elezibethele doesn't plan on leaving the temple for some time if she's keeping him tethered to her on the end of a chain.

"Is it safe to say that most of my duties shall be directly related to yourself, Mistress?"

-----
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Azurelle]

Spoiler
    Show
    The slaves do comply with Azurelle's commands (against their better judgement, might I add). Whatever horrors Azurelle is about to inflict upon them would only be intensified by their resistance. The triplet's were better off not taking action against Azurelle, so long as they concurrently fed her no more of her beloved nectar, fear.

Even so, they cannot help but tense up. Waiting for the agony to come... The apprehension is torture enough.