New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

Drychalk Hill

A man dressed in a black cloak has reached the sleepy little town from the direction of Riverside. His features are hidden beneath his hood, but he stalks into the mist fearlessly, and unless there is something sinister there waiting for him he'll eventually reach the town proper, stopping just before the wall of stone and runes warily.

((Just a post to get the ball rolling. I'm deadtiming for the night soon, so it'll be awhile before I can respond again.))

Edit: Changed wall of wind to wall of stone. The cloaked man is attempting to walk right up to the fence inside the mist, not the wind howling around it.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-11-15 at 08:16 AM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Bugbear in the Playground

Drychalk

Nothing leaps out at the strange man, leaving him plenty of time to ponder his surroundings. There's certainly plenty to observe, despite the obscuring veil of fog; things like the smell of decay in the air, a foul odor of old, rotting flesh buried in dank soil that pervades the mist. Or, perhaps, the way the looming silhouettes of the houses in the distance almost seem to change, one minute old, grand looking mansions, the next simple, modest homes. The cloaked figure might even notice the fell enchantment infusing the mist, should he have the senses to notice such things, causing it to sap the strength from those foolish enough to wander into the grey cloud surrounding Drychalk.

Luckily, Rocid or Ceres or whoever it is won't have to stand around in the deadly cold for long, because soon enough another figure draws into view, ponderously shambling out of the ghost town and towards the man in the cloak. Due to the fog and the distance, the precise features of this newcomer are obscured, but enough is clear to paint a rather disturbing picture; it's skin is sunshine yellow, it's head attached directly to it's shoulders with no neck to speak of, it's back deformed by a massive hunch. As the disfigured thing lumbers towards it's quarry, it drags along behind it what looks to be one of it's own ilk, or rather, the skin of one, a deflated skein of bright yellow.

Or maybe it's just someone in a hazmat suit, carrying another hazmat suit.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #1083

Drychalk Hill

The man removes his cloak, dropping it to the ground behind him and revealing a tall blond man of apparently noble bearing. A dueling scare adorns one cheek and the newly revealed Ceres will scratch at it thoughtfully as the strangely dressed man... or thing approaching him.

"Ahoy there in the mist!"

It should be noted that Ceres doesn't seem to sense the enchantments on the place, but he seems to be slumped more than usual, so they are most likely effecting him.

In one hand, a heavy silver suitcase hangs from long, well-manicured fingers. It seems he brought the money as well.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalachrech - Percival]

"I submit that these demons you are referencing didn't know that they were being played. Reality is what the mind allows, after all. Your demons thought that they acquired a soul, but their reality was not the same as the universal reality, you see."

Cryptic, but perfectly sensible if one ponders it for a good, long while.

-----
    [Somewhat Open Field]

The Hatteress is slung over Sir Hex's shoulder like an overgrown sack of potatoes! But before she can be transported to Sir Hex's house...

Explosions! Kaboom! The teatank bursts into a ball of flame as soon as The Hatteress is clear of the area which would be affected by the force of the detonation of the dastardly, caffeinated weapon of minor destruction! It must have been rigged to blow if The Hatteress wasn't within a certain distance of it while it was activated.

((To the Home thread?))

-----
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele]

Spoiler
    Show
    "If I may ask, Mistress, why am I not to wear some form of clothing while serving you?"

Mine doesn't understand that aspect of his...occupation. Not at all.

-----
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle]

Spoiler
    Show
    The slave that has already been defiled by Azurelle was named Object. She was at a disadvantage when this whole ordeal was initiated, already having been wounded horribly quite recently.

Off to Azurelle's room the triplets go. Judging by the way the slave whose hand is being held is shaking, I have no doubt in my mind that she has an idea as to what is in store for her.

5. - Top - End - #1085

Drychalk Hill

The hazmat suited figure nods to Ceres in way of half-hearted greeting, coming to stop at the edge of the wall and tossing the second hazmat suit over. "Here, yer gonna need that. Place might seem fine, but, hhh, the mist'll suck the life outta you real quick. Is that the, hhh, cashh?" A gloved finger is pointed at the briefcase, questioningly. "I promise ya, this is, hhh, the best purchase you'll ever make. The power plant is fully operational and the ghosts are all wonderful people. Just, hhh, don't expect them to remember anything you say. There's a little enchantment I whipped up around the whole town, gives all the ghosts a complete mind-scrubbing every midnight sharpish. Keeps 'em from, hhh, figurin out their dead an trying to escape." The unnamed man says conversationally, leaning against the low stone wall as he waits for Ceres to don the protective suit.

6. - Top - End - #1086

Drychalk Hill

Ceres frowns, but hands the man the stuicase and begins to suit up.

"I suppose that's one way to take care of things. You mentioned a tour?" It is clear he disapproves of the man's methods, but he'll have time to change things after he's made his purchase.

The money requested is in the case, along with a bit extra.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

"I submit that these demons you are referencing didn't know that they were being played. Reality is what the mind allows, after all. Your demons thought that they acquired a soul, but their reality was not the same as the universal reality, you see."

Cryptic, but perfectly sensible if one ponders it for a good, long while.
    "But they gained power, Eericka. The mortals gave them something." Percival attests, keeping his hands clasped behind his back. He looks down to watch Eericka walk.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hidden Cave] - Reinholdt

Perhaps the hardest part of all of this is knowing in the end, what I'd be giving up. I know people have been telling me that drugs are bad for me and not to drink rum, but honestly, what's the harm in it? Yet... I know that to pull this off, I must put them away. Even... even maybe the agony. Just the thought of that makes me shudder. Perhaps there was a work around. I'd have to work on it. But in the meantime, maybe have a little Rum Agony, just in case things don't work out.

I caught myself talking to Jenny today. Out loud. I didn't even realize I was doing it until I accidentally bit my tongue. It... was odd. How long had I been doing that? How much of my position had been compromised? I put Jenny in her room for now, so it won't happen again. I need to finish my work and I can't have her ruining that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #1089

Drychalk Hill

Taking the briefcase, the nameless man pops it open and examines the money, testing the strength of the material it's printed on, rubbing it to check if the ink smudges, reading a few of the serial numbers and so forth. "Yeah, yeah, course. Nice little town, hhh, wonderful people. They're, hhh, much happier not knowing about their dreadful situation, I, hhh, assure you." He chatters as he does a quick count and double count to make sure it's all their, deciding not to mention that there's more than there should be. "Thing bout ghosties is, for the, hhh, most part they're rather simple minded. Not dumb, but.... hhh, narrow. They get focused on their life before, lose track of the present, go crazy most times. This place is less of a prison, way I see it, and more of a sanctuary. The happiest liddle ghost sanctuary there is."

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Pixie in the Playground

Eericka's gait is what one would expect of a slave. It is meek, as though Eericka is unsure of what she is doing. Such is expected, as a slave bred in captivity would mimic the mannerisms of those around her. Her eyes are flitting about haphazardly. She is scrutinizing her surroundings, prudently attempting to gain her bearings.

"What do you know of the effects of placebos, master?"

A very pithy counterpoint. A counterpoint which might easily be invalidated, given Percy's experiences related to this topic, but a counterpoint nonetheless.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Halfling in the Playground

Hermitage of Dalechrech - Percival

They seem to be heading toward the ramparts of the Hermitage, judging by the fact that they just entered the courtyard.

Percival laughs again, brief and aloof. "You're saying that these demons merely believe they've gained power? That the mortals convinced them somehow?" He shakes his head. "Not quite."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #1092

Blind Cat's Bluff

The moon hung in the sky above the cliff, a pearly white maternal orb. The sky was clear that night, and the stars brightly lit the ground below. They lit the forest and vegetation that clung to the cliff. Wind-battered trees threw out short, stunted branches with few leaves and clung to the hard, stony ground with finger-like roots. Moss and lichen clung for dear life to the tops and sides of rocks, raised no more than a few inches off. Puddles of water gathered in countless tiny pools. In the summer, insects would have danced and buzzed around the stagnant water. But now, in the crisp and frost-touched night, they were nowhere to be seen. The moon and stars were reflected in the black puddles, disturbed only by the occasional breeze of wind. Other parts of the cliff were barren, clay-brown rock exposed to the air. The girl stepped carefully across these parts, careful not to step and lose her footing on the slippery moss. With each step she took, she left a dark footprint that shone in the silvery light.

Every breath of icy air she took was like needles in her chest. Each was shallow and expelled quickly in a puff of white steam. Blood matted her short brown hair. It had collected had collected and dried along the top of her black hairband, forming a thin crust of dark copper-brown that fell in flakes. Her ears poked out against the band. There was an odd flatness along the edge - as if they had been cut long ago. She was clad in a fine leather armour that hung loosely from her muscular frame. It was likely that the armour had been made for someone else. Any markers or identifying symbols that might have been recognizable on it were lost, either torn off or too covered in blood to read. With every step she took, a long sword slapped against her hip, enclosed in a scabbard of red-dyed leather. A quiver hung strapped to her back, half-full with arrows and a shoddy looking, unstrung bow. Pausing for a moment, the woman looked up into the sky. Her face was narrow, with sharp bones that jutted out under ruddy, blood-smeared skin. Green eyes peered out into the darkness, perhaps a little too large for her face and sunken into her sockets.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalechrech - Percival]

Eericka nods once in response. The interest in her voice peaks as she speaks once more.

"I concur. 'The mortals' did not, in fact, convince the demons that they had mystically attained more power. It was the demons who convinced themselves of that."

"The word is faith. You've no doubt witnessed, if not felt, its powers before. Faith in a deity. Faith in a 'reality'. Faith in oneself. What, dare I ask, is the difference between these convictions apart from the object that the faith is being imparted upon?"

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

[Blind Cat's Bluff]

Something on the bluff catches the scent of blood on the wind. A great white bear was wandering the wilderness, and it was hungry. On the rocky bluff, with its sarse, wind-torn trees, it wasn't hard for the bear to spot its prey. With a rumbling bellow, it gives chase.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

15. - Top - End - #1095

Blind Cat's Bluff

The bellow vibrates in the air. It makes the thin branches of the tiny trees tremble, what few leaves remain clinging on stubbornly. The woman turns, glancing over her shoulder. Her eyes are almost glazed over. She barely recognizes the bear as anything more than a threat.

Not surprising.
    She'd seen so many.

Casting a quick glance around her, the woman examines her surroundings. Nowhere to run, unless she wanted to try her luck with how deep the water bellow was. Couldn't climb a tree to escape, none of the trees here would hold her weight. Her bow was unstrung. By the time she would be able to string it, the bear would be on her and the bow would be useless.
    Only one choice then.

The steel sword rings out against it's scabbard as she draws it. The grip is comfortable and familiar in her calloused hands. Shifting her weight to her left leg, the woman half-crouches and adjusts her grip. The blade is raised, notched and scratched metal glimmering in the moonlight.

As the predator draws close, she steps away to the side, ducking under the blow. Her blade sweeps upwards towards the bear as it leaps above her, cutting towards the muscle and sinew of its underbelly.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ogre in the Playground

[Blind Cat's Bluff]

The blade passes through the bear's thick white fur and cuts into the layer of fat beneath. The beast snarls, landing hard and scrabbling on the rocks as it turns quickly to face the woman. It bares its teeth and lashes out with a heavy, clawed paw.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

17. - Top - End - #1097

Blind Cat's Bluff

The woman wrenches her blade free as the beast passes over her. Blood is bright crimson against fur and steel, but in the darkness is ichor-black against the rock and moss. She rolls free, stands upright, twists to face her assailant. She raises her sword, but she isn't able to bring it to bear in time. The bear's paw is, for a single moment, all she sees. It hits her in the ribs, and the woman is tossed aside like a rag doll. Her sword falls from her hands, hitting the ground with a series of clangs and clatters. She lands on the other side of the bear, hitting the ground with a grunt and rolling with the force.

For a moment, she lays on the ground. And in that moment, she considers not getting up.

But she does. Pushing herself to her feet, she faces the bear with narrowed eyes. She needed to get her sword. Couldn't fight without her sword. Breathing heavily in puffs of white clouds she waits, half crouched, for the bear's next attack.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ogre in the Playground

[Blind Cat's Bluff]

The woman won't have to wait long, as the bear charges. It thinks it's won an easy meal, and seeks to sink its teeth into her flesh.
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2011-11-16 at 01:50 AM.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

19. - Top - End - #1099

Blind Cat's Bluff

Wait. Wait until just the right time. The woman doesn't move even as the bear hurls its massive weight towards her. It charges across the bluff, closing the gap.
    It's not until the beast is nearly upon her does she act. Reaching up, she pulls an arrow from her quiver. The wood is splintery and the head is barely sharp iron, but it will have to do. Darting to the side, the woman dodges the attack and past it. She twirls as she slips past, stabbing the arrow into the bear's side. She doesn't pause to see if it was effective, instead skittering past. She is upon her blade in moments, twisting again to face the beast even as she ducks to scoop it back up.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ogre in the Playground

[Blind Cat's Bluff]

The point of the arrow snaps off in the polarbear's side. It gives a pained grunt as it moves past the woman. When it turns to face her again, it's moving a little slower. The bear makes another approach, this time at a walk. It circles around, trying to put itself away from her sword and to find an opening for the next strike with its powerful jaws.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

21. - Top - End - #1101

Blind Cat's Bluff

Blood runs down the length of the blade, gathering at the hilt, and dripping down to the ground before her feet. The woman got her sword up just in time. She holds it out in front of her at the ready, arms loose so they don't get tired from the weight. Even as the bear skulks around her, she turns in time. Her blade sticks out before her at waist level, a spike ready to slash and impale the beast as soon as it is close enough to reach.

Too dangerous to charge it. It was too big, too unpredictable. So she waits a second time for the inevitable attack.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ogre in the Playground

[Blind Cat's Bluff]

The bear does something that will, perhaps, be unexpected. It feints. The start of the motion was subtle, a pause in its step and a reversal of the direction of its walk. Surely the beast was going to strike to the left, but then it reverses its momentum again, this time much more quickly and, with a ferocious snap of its jaws, lunges right aiming to bite the woman's shoulder.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

23. - Top - End - #1103

Blind Cat's Bluff

Watch its feet. Its feet will tell you which way it is going, how it will launch its attack. Ignore the mouth full of hungry teeth and the eyes that watch you with murderous intent.

There! Right there. It is moving. The woman raises her blade as the beast darts to her left, raising it in the same direction. It would dart in and she would bring the blade down, cutting into the back of its -

Wait. No! Too late, she sees it reverse direction, lunging to the right. She tries to bring her sword to the ready but the beast is too fast. As it bites down on her shoulder she opens her mouth as if to cry out in pain, but not a sound escapes. The bear's teeth easily bite through her leather armour, sinking down into skin, through muscle and grating against bone. Pain streaks down through her arm like water poured from an urn. Her sword falls from her hand as it goes limp and clatters to the ground by her feet even as blood wells up around the bear's teeth.

Tired. So tired. Hurts. The world at the edges of the woman's vision begins to go blurry. Maybe, maybe she could just, just rest her head. Looking at her attacker, the woman is struck by how soft its fur must be, and how nice it would be to curl up in it and just
    sleep.

No!
    No have to find them have to get away have to get back.

Her left hand forms claws as she brings it up. Her nails are long and ragged and have dirt and dried blood stuck under them. The woman drives her fingers down, towards the bear's eye. Stab it, grab it, pull it out!
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

[Blind Cat's Bluff]

The woman's fingers find their mark. The bear releases its grip and backs off quickly, yowling in pain. Its left eye was now a red splotch against its white fur, blood flowed freely down its face. The bear stumbles as it backs away, laying out flat on its stomach with a heavy grunt. The slash to its stomach had been steadily dripping blood as the fight wore on. The loss of its eye, the pain it caused, how quickly the blood now flowed, it was too much for the bear. Its prey was no longer worth pursueing. If only it could get to its feet and slink away to lick its wounds...

With a great effort, the beast tries to lift its bulk. Its limbs shaking, the bear slowly rises, but des not have the strength to fully stand and collapses to the ground again. Red blood continued to leak from the ragged hole where its eyes had once been. The very life of the bear seemed to be draining from that hole. It almost seemed to be shrinking, wasting away.

Wait. It was shrinking.

Mucles whithered and bones cracked. White fur receded into the polar bear's dark skin skin. Eventually, the massive bear was replaced with a lithe, humanoid figure. Black flesh was laid bare to the cold. The harsh wind pulled at strands of long white hair, which danced around clearly pointed ears. He, and it was quite clearly a he, lay face down on the rocks, unconscious and not even a scrap of cloth to protect him from the elements.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

25. - Top - End - #1105

Blind Cat's Bluff

Blood pours freely from her shoulder now. Without the bear's teeth to fill the cuts, there is nothing to stop it from welling inside her armour. Some of it runs under the leather, soaking into the cloth of her clothes and leaking out through gaps and the wrist cuff. More still flows through the cuts in the leather left by the bear's teeth, and it flows sluggishly over the surface of the leather to join the blood eking out along her hand. As the bear backs away, the woman presses her good hand against her shoulder, pushing the leather against the wounds in an attempt to at least slow the bleeding. She couldn't move her right arm. It hung limply at her side. The woman didn't spare it any concern for the time being. She's focused on the bear before her. Gods willing it would decide she was more effort than it was worth and would run away.

It does the next best thing, though, and falls down. Good. With all luck it would bleed out and she would be able to skin it. It would be
    such a fantastic
    blanket

Once the threat is gone, the adrenaline keeping the woman on her feet falls away too. She collapses to her knees in a wave of exhaustion. Her head nods towards her chest, her sunken eyes half-close...

No!
    Have to stay awake have to keep going have to get back.

The pain in her arm has subsided to a dull ache that flashes like a knife with every beat of her heart as blood is pumped through the damaged veins. Have to get this armour off. Have to bandage the wound. Her blood-soaked hand fumbles with the ties and snaps that keep the too-large armour attached to her body. The chest falls off her after a few snaps are undone, and the sleeves with it. Blood sloshes out like rainwater from an over-turned boot, splattering to the ground. No bandages. Stupid. Stupid not to bring bandages.

Gripping the cuff of her good sleeve in her teeth, the woman squirms to pull her arm out of it. Reaching out from under the bottom, she pulls a knife from her boot and saws through the sleeve in a few awkward motions. It's hard to tie the sleeve around her shoulder one-handed, but she manages. She would have to do with a tourniquet for now, until she could get back to Gelina and the others. Gelina could fix her arm. Gelina could fix any wound.

Have to go. Have to get back.

Clutching her shoulder, the woman tries to stand up on her feet. But the effort makes her head swim and her vision blur to a dull white. She sways once and falls back to her knees.

No. Get up. Get up!

But it is no use. Her legs won't listen to her. Sleep looms at the edges of her vision, threatening to over take her. She couldn't sleep here. It was too cold. Maram had taught her that, that she should never fall asleep because she was cold, because she would never wake up from that sleep. Had to find something warm.

Only one option.

Finally, she looks up. The bear. If it was still there it would be dead by now. She could take advantage of it's fur and residual body heat and...
    That couldn't be right.
    A black skinned boy lay where the bear had been, naked. Her eyes narrow with distrust, but she finds herself with no other option.

Returning the knife to its sheathe in her boot, she crawls over to him. It was suicide, but this was her only option. She was just going to have to pray to the gods that this Ice Elf would be merciful and not kill her when he woke up. The woman falls down next to him, hand on the pommel of her knife. Her head is met with a pillow of moss, and within a second she is asleep.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

26. - Top - End - #1106

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Drychalk Hill

Taking the briefcase, the nameless man pops it open and examines the money, testing the strength of the material it's printed on, rubbing it to check if the ink smudges, reading a few of the serial numbers and so forth. "Yeah, yeah, course. Nice little town, hhh, wonderful people. They're, hhh, much happier not knowing about their dreadful situation, I, hhh, assure you." He chatters as he does a quick count and double count to make sure it's all their, deciding not to mention that there's more than there should be. "Thing bout ghosties is, for the, hhh, most part they're rather simple minded. Not dumb, but.... hhh, narrow. They get focused on their life before, lose track of the present, go crazy most times. This place is less of a prison, way I see it, and more of a sanctuary. The happiest liddle ghost sanctuary there is."
    Drychalk Hill

"The extra is for your time. By the time this tour is done, I expect to know this place as well as you do, inside and out. If there are any weaknesses in these spells of yours, something that would cause them to fail catastrophically after you left persay... I'll need to know about it." Well then, no need to play it close to your chest I guess. It's obvious Ceres suspects something about this deal is too good to be true.

"To be frank, I'm mostly here for the generator. I have ways of producing the ectoplasm necessary to power it, so whatever system you have here only complicates things on my end. Not that I'll turn down the town, but the odds are good that any problems with it will only sour the deal."

Ceres is now fully encased in his hazmat suit, and will move closer to the fence in preparation to enter the village proper.

"Shall we?"

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hidden Cave beneath Blind Cat's Bluff]

Dang it! DANG IT!
    Reinholdt had been found out. He just knew it. There was some sort of fighting going on above the cave. He knows he heard some roaring and some shouts. He should just... pack it up and flee to someplace else. Anyplace else.
    And he most certainly should not go and investigate. And find out what happened. That would be dangerous. The curiosity killing kind.

Reinholdt opens up the cave entrance and flies cautiously up, peeking over the edge of the cliff. He looks around, and it takes a minute, but he eventually spots two unconscious bodies. With a slight gasp, he shifts into human form, and approaches, still invisible lest there be more around.

It could be a trap. It was a trap. Helping these people would clearly give him away. It'd kill him. Some sniper waiting to take a shot.
    But...
    How... How could he not?

He curses under his breath and sighs. Going to gingerly pick up the most injured party first, he attempts to fly them into his hidden cave, before returning to do the same for the other. The cave wasn't the warmest, but it was certainly far warmer than out there.

After that, the plan is to tend to their wounds. The naked man first, then the woman, peeling away her clothes and armor where necessary to treat them correctly. He fortunately, has a lot of practice at first aid resulting from fights.

Finally, getting them warm is the last step. Providing blankets and fresh clothes to go over bandages. A fire in this cave is not very smart, but with the door closed and the cold kept outside, it becomes cozy enough. After that, there is nothing to do but cuddle up to them as a kitty, and check on them every once in a while and hope they recover.

All attempts of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #1108

Somewhere Over Underside's Entrance

Fwooosh! Look, up in the sky! Is it a bird? Is it a pla-

No, no it's not. And we're not going to go through with this silly and played-out reference again, either. It's a paddleboat, alright? A flying paddleboat, carrying a cyborg and a goblin through the air. No birds or planes or supermen here, so fudge you and your questions about what is in the sky.

"-so that's when I told him he could go choke to death on a live seagull for all I cared, more or less. We fought a bit, and then both fell off the coaster and into the fiery abyss. I'd been hoping to fall head-first and just die instantly and painlessly upon contact with the goop, but convection and basic thermodynamics had other plans. The scalding heat from the molten pit below had slowly boiled me alive before I even touched the magma, much to my chagrin. Pretty sure Prime felt something just as awful though, so it kinda-Oh hey, we're here."

Magtok points down at the Undercity Gate down below.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Titan in the Playground

[Above the Entrance to Underside Colony]

Below the paddleboat stretches a plateau surrounded with hills that lead all the way to the mountains. In the middle of the plateau there is a large gate, leading to a tunnel that leads under the ground. The gate is surrounded with a stone wall, with spikes on top. There are four gun nests on the walls, each sporting a large caliber cannon and a gatling gun. The gate is currently closed, and there's a large clock right next to it.
    Behind the walls there is something of a small village or perhaps a large market. Small huts and stalls crowd the area, with a throng of tiny goblins walking and running between them. Most of them are wearing thick, hooded cloaks or robes, since the sun is shining bright.
    Oh my. And you built the roller coaster specifically for that purpose? Oh. Yes, we're here. This is the main entrance to the Underside Colony.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

30. - Top - End - #1110

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "Oh, woah! Might! Might! I don't know! I may be able to! Please don't swarm my feet, I don't want to step on you on accident. Now, do you have any other questions for me, or what?"

She's half hoping someone there is smart enough to doubt her motives. Critical thinking is always a plus in her book.

I mean, they don't even know her NAME, much less how she could fix things.
    It's too late.

The foot-swarming has already taken place.

Now see... Even though this... thing... might look really weird she doesn't smell like one of the chiemra's relatives. Similar. But different enough not to trigger their 'kill on sight' order. And something that doesn't trigger their kill on sight order is a potential friend until proven otherwise!

Hence the foot swarming.

"Who are you?"
    "Where did you come from?"
    "How come you have half a face?"
    "I like chocolate! Do you like chocolate?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.