New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Spooky forest

Thankfully, Darst is close to the thing's feet and has experience dodging falling things. A quick shoulder roll to the side should enough to get Darst from under the moose, if the moose is threatening to fall on him.

Also, I thought the victim was a female. Whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Spooky Forest]

Apparently becoming a were-moose also makes someone a guy? All the more reason to avoid it! Or at least Amil thinks that would be wise. She would rather not have to deal with being a guy on top of everything else.

Amil begins to fire the Tangle-web gun wildly at the moose, aiming to fasten the beast to the ground!

Even if it can rip through the tougher-than-steel cords enough of them should eventually manage to subdue the monster! The only question is whether or not Amil can apply enough of them before the moose manages to get up.

Better shoot faster Amil!

Pew pew pew pew!
    Look, the gender isn't relevant. It's a weremoose. Whether it is male or female right now doesn't impact the situation.

The weremoose is quickly wrapped up, but continues to twists and struggle against the webbing. They've gotten enough on that it won't break free right away, but it might work loose with given time.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Infrared capabilities noted. If that works as heat vision, he may notice the aliens have a slightly lower base body temperature than most living things. Unless the Lycanthropy has some evidence in his normal form, the scanner will not notice. It can't pick up any magic besides "that does not make sense, physics-wise."

The male tries to explain that he can understand common, but some of the details are lost. However, this is not in common, so there is no way to know what is being said...

Unless, of course, Raril does cast a language spell.
    [Obsidian Forest]

Raril does indeed cast a language spell, one known as Tongues, which imbues the subject with the ability to speak and understand any language. He does this cautiously though, hoping the alien won't see it has a hostile act.

"That should do it..."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Court of Chaos

In that case, the creature will be content to merely spread it's tendrils throughout that single room, hundreds of tiny threads hidden just beneath each and every wall, tiny spines growing on each pseudopod as it waits to ambush it's prey. It's adapted, as well. No more will it be foiled by it's prey leaping through Shadow. Oh no, it has plans to stop that.

When S'Kanthos enters the "possessed" room, all will seem as normal, at least until he's a few feet away from the doorway. At that point, dozens of tendrils will burst from the wall and attempt slam the door shut, even as three score more explode out of the floor, trying to grab onto his legs and root him to the spot, the tiny spines sharp enough to draw blood, and numerous enough to draw a lot.

River

"Yeah, you can say that again, and I for one can't say I'm unhappy with how my life's turned out." Jasper says, neatly catching the coin and spinning it on one finger. "Mighta had a few not so great bits, but hell, I've got the most wonderful girl there is, so the rest don't really matter that much." He grins up at her, doing his best to avoid thinking about how cold he is, waist deep in the river.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Halfling in the Playground

Lost

"What, this?" Gerald waves at the madness outside and laughs. "This happens all the time. It's the Nexus. I'm talkin about stuff that can really hurt this planet."

"That... makes sense, I guess. But why aren't more poeple in contact with it?"

"Because I can't get it to anybody outside of this damn plateau." He pauses. "Say, do you two know the way to a city? Somewhere with people?" A pause. "Not like the people in town, if you please."

River

Legion reddens a little. "You really mean all that stuff?" The Lady pecks him on the forehead. "I think you're pretty great too." She pauses, pressing herself closer, molding to Jasper and smirking a little. "Jasper? Can I ask you to do something for me?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-09-28 at 11:10 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #95

River

"'course I do." Jasper says softly, gently trailing his hand down Legion's back, head rested against her shoulders as they embrace. "And you can ask me anything. He'd risk his life, or anything else really, for her any day. It's probably a good thing he chose a not entirely evil villainess to fall in love with.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lost]

Sakura glances out the window again, then quickly looks away. "Like Inside maybe?" Sakura suggests. That's the only big city she really knows. "What will happen if you get it to other people?"

7. - Top - End - #97

River

Not yet, anyways. >.>

Legion takes a deep breath, trying to touch Jasper's chin and tilt his head up. Mostly to look him in the eye. She's smiling more fully now, though her own eyes are a little narrow.

"Would you Seek for me? Find Objects?"

Lost

Gerald looks at her, a little perplexed. "Well, more people in contact, mostly. More people will know if somethin's coming. Some kind of apocalypse." He looks around a little. "No cities like that out here. At least, none that stay."

Adir looks at Sakura, raising his eyebrows. "Um. You thinking what I'm thinking?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #98

River

"I-..." Jasper starts to say something, but stops dead midsentence, taking just the smallest step back from Legion, although he doesn't break eye contact. It's obvious, just by his body language, this was not what he was expecting. If anything, the Objects are just about the one thing that scares him, not because of their eldritch horror-y nature, but because he's seen how Legion acts around them, how they have a hold on her. "Mary? Are you sure that's..." He starts to say, and then stops again.

In the end though, he cares about her too much, and perhaps more importantly, is absolutely terrified of losing her. And he honestly doesn't know whether she cares about the Objects or him more, although he suspects, no matter how much he hopes he's wrong, it's the former. "Yeah. I think I can do that." He says finally, before embracing her again.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lost]

Sakura frowns at Adir's question. She's clearly puzzled. She shakes her head. Maybe she could figure it out if she wasn't so exhausted. "I don't understand what's going on at all." She admits.

((And I think I'll sleep a bit early tonight. G'night. *pokes to Riverside before vanishing*))

10. - Top - End - #100

River

Legion senses his concern - it's rather obvious, after all - and tries to soothe him. In part out of self-interest. The Lady takes him in her arms, cooing quietly, "Don't worry, Jasper. I'm gonna help." Mary tries to lift his mouth and kiss him.

Lost

"Watchtower might be able to use that." Adir explains, a little confused himself. But hey, at least they have an answer about his stone. Still, those weirdos back in town...

They roll past the stone - currently the subject of worship by several small, red, hairy creatures - and continue on into the night. "I can get you two home, if you like."

Adir smiles and nods.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-09-29 at 03:39 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post

"And how do we do that?" Cierra asks as she stands up, brushing off her knees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Obsidian Forest]

Raril does indeed cast a language spell, one known as Tongues, which imbues the subject with the ability to speak and understand any language. He does this cautiously though, hoping the alien won't see it has a hostile act.

"That should do it..."
    ((Hey, Art, I think you missed this.))

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lost]

"That would be great." Sakura says with all the relief in the world. She's finally starting to really relax now, and it's making her eyelids feel rather heavy. She leans against Adir a bit more, resting her head on his shoulder.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

((Indeed I did))

[Obsidian Forest]

"I'm not sure." Raril admits. "Someone set off an explosion inside of her. It's all fractured. Broken." The drow's voice cracks a bit, and he looked truly scared for a moment, before he pulls himself back together. "But there has to be something that can be done." He says, partly assuring himself of the fact.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

((Indeed I did))

[Obsidian Forest]

"I'm not sure." Raril admits. "Someone set off an explosion inside of her. It's all fractured. Broken." The drow's voice cracks a bit, and he looked truly scared for a moment, before he pulls himself back together. "But there has to be something that can be done." He says, partly assuring himself of the fact.
    Cierra looks a little confused. She scratches the back of her head, and looks down at the sleeping form before her. "So, what you're saying is, Zee is both this person and something else, and we need to fix this other thing before the person wakes up? Because she doesn't look exploded. Ugh, I always failed my metaphysics courses in college."
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2011-09-29 at 02:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105

Devan Mountain

This particular choice of action may be re-thought when Fade sees that the figures are, in fact, trolls.

...That is not very informative, is it? There are so many trolls across the universes, that the word "troll" is really next to no help. Some places, Trolls are kinds of fairies, others, they are giants, or weird toad things, or a profession...

The figures are, in fact, Homestuck Trolls.

((Not any of those individuals, but the same race. Spoiler alert! If you have not read the story, I would recommend you do so. I can wait as long as you need to take.))

In addition, they are talking as he walks up. They are all wearing cold-weather clothes.

"Are you Sure this is Stardust?"

"ArE yOU lOOkIng At It? EvEn If It's nOt quItE whAt wE wAnt, wE cAn sEll It fOr a prEttY pEnnY."

"I f-f-f-feel p-p-power..."

"we do NOT have any amount of time to WASTE. we need to do this NOW before we start LOSING digits."
    Devan Mountain

((I'm sorry I can't really follow the story, but I got an image of these guys.))

Fade still goes with his action. in fact he doesn't mind hiding and such, if he wants to get a thing he goes for it directly.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Caravan}

Caroline continues on, waiting with the Caravan.
    Jamie waits as well!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #107
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Obsidian Forest]

"You're standing on top of Mother,"
    Divaonar pipes up. "Ever since you came into this forest. Maybe even before then. She's really really big."

Really big.

Absurdly hugely big.

Sooooo biiiiig.

[Spooky Forest]

Amil shoots more web grenades on the downed moose! Pew pew pew pew! "Try knocking her out!" Amil yells. "Just don't hit her in the head too hard."

Because that might be lethal.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Stand by for huge post:

Devan Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Devan Mountain

Fade can't really fly. But he has a giant shadow that could help him. He will just go to the persons there.

"Hello there I search something maybe you can help me."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Devan Mountain

((I'm sorry I can't really follow the story, but I got an image of these guys.))

Fade still goes with his action. in fact he doesn't mind hiding and such, if he wants to get a thing he goes for it directly.
    ((It's okay. The main thing is to get an idea of the race.))

The four individuals stop and turn toward Fade. Two seem to be female, two seem to be male. One female has a blue outfit, and large spiked boxing gloves. The other has more of a neon green motif, and carries a lantern. One male, who seems to like purple, has a pair of chakram at his belt. The last male, sporting orange gear, seems to be armed with a Van De Graaf generator.

There is a pause as the two groups observe each other.

"WHAT are you supposed to BE?"

[Obsidian Forest]

"That should do it..."
    Cierra looks a little confused. She scratches the back of her head, and looks down at the sleeping form before her. "So, what you're saying is, Zee is both this person and something else, and we need to fix this other thing before the person wakes up? Because she doesn't look exploded. Ugh, I always failed my metaphysics courses in college."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Obsidian Forest]

"You're standing on top of Mother,"
    Divaonar pipes up. "Ever since you came into this forest. Maybe even before then. She's really really big."

Really big.

Absurdly hugely big.

Sooooo biiiiig.

[Spooky Forest]

Amil shoots more web grenades on the downed moose! Pew pew pew pew! "Try knocking her out!" Amil yells. "Just don't hit her in the head too hard."

Because that might be lethal.
    Obsidian forest

Okay, let's try magic.

completelyunintelligable"-can propel you into the [advanced?] age, but presumably by then our culture will have collapsed. Anyway, we would like to go into the [core?] to examine the damage for ourselves, and learn more about the [composition?] of this creature."

So... it mostly worked. The alien's language is really, really complex... and it seems he has not noticed the magic yet.

Look, the gender isn't relevant. It's a weremoose. Whether it is male or female right now doesn't impact the situation.

The weremoose is quickly wrapped up, but continues to twists and struggle against the webbing. They've gotten enough on that it won't break free right away, but it might work loose with given time.
    Spooky forest

Darst will dash around to the head of the beast. He will then try to knock the creature out by punching it in the face. If it tries to bite him... he will try to slam it's mouth shut with an uppercut.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2011-09-29 at 07:49 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

[Spooky Forest]

The further webbing starts to render the weremoose into a moose mummy. Darst's punch at least seems to stun the best, if not completely knock it out.

Looks like they've got this one... wrapped up!

*laughtrack*

20. - Top - End - #110

River

Jasper kisses back eagerly, wanting to be reassured, wanting to believe she loves him, and that this wasn't all some ploy to get him to Seek for her, although he would never give voice to such a fear. When he finally pulls back from the kiss, he stares down at the water rushing around them, breathing slowly. "Kinda cold, ain't it.. You want to swim, or shall we adjourn to somewhere warmer and dryer?"

21. - Top - End - #111

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lost]

"That would be great." Sakura says with all the relief in the world. She's finally starting to really relax now, and it's making her eyelids feel rather heavy. She leans against Adir a bit more, resting her head on his shoulder.
    "I would suggest you two be more careful next time." Gerald says, driving along quietly. He'd rather not have them eaten, vaporized, or run over on his land.

"We will. Thanks again." Adir glances at Sakura. "You can sleep if you want, hon. I'll point him toward home."

((Decided to end it early, at least for now. I realize I might've been a bit confusing and slow this time around. >.>

Anywho, at least we can get rid of their last plotclones. You wanna just merge with the current ones at Watch?))

River

"Whatever you want." Legion says, smiling brightly. She seems perfectly comfortable just about anywhere. Truthfully, she does love him. It's just she cares about the Objects more.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-09-29 at 11:43 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lost]

Sakura murmurs something unintelligible. It won't be long before she's fast asleep.

((Perhaps a bit confusing, but interesting. The slowness is unforgivable though.

And sure, plotclone merging is probably best.))

23. - Top - End - #113
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Spooky Forest]

All wrapped up certainly beats the alternative. Which is, of course, getting mauled by a weremoose. And no one likes being mauled by a weremoose.

Or at least Rebo is pretty sure being mauled by a weremoose is undesirable. It seems like the sort of thing that wouldn't be much fun. Getting mauled by anything really isn't all that enjoyable after all.

Anywho!

"As much as I hate to say it that wasn't very hard," Amil sighs as she watches the hulking beast cautiously. Just in case it tries something tricky. Or moosey. "I can give the people over at the Sanctuary Fortress a call if nothing else. They have a couple healers on staff that specifically work with were-besties."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

24. - Top - End - #114

Stand by for huge post:

Devan Mountain

((It's okay. The main thing is to get an idea of the race.))

The four individuals stop and turn toward Fade. Two seem to be female, two seem to be male. One female has a blue outfit, and large spiked boxing gloves. The other has more of a neon green motif, and carries a lantern. One male, who seems to like purple, has a pair of chakram at his belt. The last male, sporting orange gear, seems to be armed with a Van De Graaf generator.

There is a pause as the two groups observe each other.

"WHAT are you supposed to BE?"
    Devan Mountain

"I'm supposed to be the owner of this star dust over there."

He just stands there slowly reaching for the star dust.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Court of Chaos

In that case, the creature will be content to merely spread it's tendrils throughout that single room, hundreds of tiny threads hidden just beneath each and every wall, tiny spines growing on each pseudopod as it waits to ambush it's prey. It's adapted, as well. No more will it be foiled by it's prey leaping through Shadow. Oh no, it has plans to stop that.

When S'Kanthos enters the "possessed" room, all will seem as normal, at least until he's a few feet away from the doorway. At that point, dozens of tendrils will burst from the wall and attempt slam the door shut, even as three score more explode out of the floor, trying to grab onto his legs and root him to the spot, the tiny spines sharp enough to draw blood, and numerous enough to draw a lot.
    They might not like the fact that his blood burns here.

In any case, a shifting maze appears in the air in front of him. This should let him see any magic in the area.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

Elezibethele will lead Mine and the Temple Slaves to a stout oaken door quite a distance away from the Altar Room. She'll open it and gesture for the slaves to go in first. Inside there's manacles dangling from the ceiling, a brazier with eight metal poles inside it, a collection of whips and knives and a large wooden wheel mounted on the wall, sitting in a metal tub of water. Oddly, though, there's also a collection of potions in a rack next to the wall. They look a bit like magical healing potions. "Mine, help me prepare the others for branding, then stand ready for your own marking."

I'd agree with that sentiment; Charynrae generally cares for hers, but wouldn't think twice about punishing them. Elezibethele would think twice, to choose a harsher punishment.

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle

Azurelle will lead her triplets to an ornate door up a set of stairs and set against the outside wall. She'll open the door and enter, leading the held-hand slave in first. The room has green wallpaper printed with flowers and decorated with tasteful erotic artworks hanging interspersed with weapons and armour. Notably, a particularly shiny breastplate is opposite the door and with an inset winged heart design lacquered onto the metal. The design is such that it doesn't seem like it's Abyssal, it's slightly too large for Azurelle and it doesn't look like a trophy or spoils of war. There's also helmets, weapons, shields and a banner. The equipment is varied in style, size and both nation and species of origin. The bed is large, a four-poster and it matches the rest of the décor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "How did you come by your medical knowledge, Eericka?" Percival asks respectfully and politely, despite the girl's position. He wants to know she can patch him up properly, despite Fallow's promises.
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Percival]

That is indeed quite an odd way of addressing one of Eericka's station. She is perceived in many of the cultist's eyes as a lesser. As such, Eericka is caught completely off guard by Percival's tone. This astonishment shows itself in the shocked (yet reverent) tones which define Eericka's speech at current.

"Uh, I've read a couple books about a wide range of medical subjects. I've practiced quite a few complex operations on variety of cadavers too... I've worked on treating living people on multiple occasions under a supervisor, master."

Eericka is both qualified and competent. She's also young and a little experienced. Eericka might be easily excitable as well. Luckily, those are likely the only problems that Percival will run into while under Eericka's care.

-----
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Elezibethele]

The slaves subserviently (and swiftly) follow Elezibethele. Upon inspecting the interior of the chamber, the temple slaves shift about uneasily. They appear to understand the workings of the wheel, the assorted uses of the manacles, and the reason behind this area featuring easy access to healing potions. Mine moves quickly to restrain the slaves with the manacles before tearing of their clothes. It is clear that Mine certainly does not relish the experience. He wears a regret-filled expression on his face. His eyes clearly mirror the pain he feels within caused by the whole of this situation. Of course, he can't disobey an order. The others won't blame him for this. They would do the same in his position. Sad. Mine then readies himself for branding. Ugh. He can't fasten his own bonds, though.

[Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle]

Well, this chamber seems nice enough. The slaves find it somewhat strange that they'll be staying in the same room as their master. They might not yet have figured out their purpose...

The artwork tips them off posthaste. The triplets shoot nervous glances at one another before the middle one cautiously inquires,

"Master, might I ask how we are to serve you?"

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

[EtherAin Estate]

The Rayaat-Tyr arrives here, presumably, unless the directions were bad.

28. - Top - End - #118

Hermitage of Dalechrech - Percival

"Mm. Sounds adequate." Percy says, stepping into his room and not bothering to shut the door. "Close that, will you?" Still polite, even when giving orders.

The demonazi takes a seat on his bed - the only real seating at the moment - and removes his coat. Once the heavy leather garment is set aside, he holds out his arm, looking at Eericka expectantly.

It looks like he's just as red all over his body. Seven seperate scars rest on his stomach and back. Bullet holes, it would seem, each one passed clean through. One looks like it should've severed his spine. Of course, the real concern is the stitches running a ring around his bicep.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-09-30 at 09:00 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #119

River

"Let's swim." Jasper says, before diving into the waters with a splash. This whole thing has left a foul taste in his mouth, and his stomach is churning from doubt. He isn't sure he should do this. He knows helping Legion could end up driving her to madness.

Court of Chaos

Every fiber of the creature's being glows with magic, created and raised with magic, born of it. And, if S'Kanthos is observant enough, he may well see that the core of the creature's being is located deep below the floor, a glowing web of arcane energy.

The blood burns the tendrils, sizzling and eating away at the eldritch flesh, but it hasn't burnt them away just yet, the pseudopods holds not weakened. More shoot out from the walls, attempting to wrap around S'Kanthos's arms and restrain them.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courts of Chaos]

Ah, but he doesn't have arms; he's still in the form of a winged naga.

However, they can get his wings.