New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    At a Nearby Farm

Molodai has trouble arguing with this plan. Better than anything she would've come up with. Of course, she only needs one cow too.

Molodai starts to skirt around the edge of the farm, prepared to leap over the fence and scare the cattle toward Brythaern. Now he just has to break the fence.

Wonder if the farm will have anything to say about this...
    If all goes well, the farm won't notice

Brythaern flies high into the sky, into a cloud, and sends a single powerful bolt of lightning crashing into a tree. The tree falls onto the wooden fence, breaking a large opening for cattle to exit. Then, he lands in the forest and waits for Molodai to do her part.
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Halfling in the Playground

At a Nearby Farm

Molodai hops the fence and charges toward the cows. She leaps around them in a semi-circle, strafing here and there, growling loudly. The herd pours out through the gap, eager to escape one predator but walking right into another.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #1203

At a Nearby Farm

Molodai hops the fence and charges toward the cows. She leaps around them in a semi-circle, strafing here and there, growling loudly. The herd pours out through the gap, eager to escape one predator but walking right into another.
    Brythaern bares his fangs in a draconic facsimile of a grin. He surrounds the cows with as much of his body as he can, then shoots a spray of electricity into the herd. The energy arcs from cattle to cattle, electrocuting all but a few of the livestock.
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.

Cypress RP profile

4. - Top - End - #1204

At a Nearby Farm

Molodai leaps onto one of the living cattle and sets about biting out it's throat with vicious abandon. She's soon feasting upon it's flank, liberally soaked in blood, her talons and teeth dripping red. She takes a moment to suck at her fingers before continuing with the main course. The wildfae is clearly having a grand old time.

Considering the dragon might be doing that on a much larger scale, I doubt it's all that disgusting.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #1205

Yes, but the dragon will not be covered in blood from head to toe

Bry sets about at one of the cattle, stripping the meat off the bone in quick jerks. He makes short work of the cow before moving on to four more. Stomach now filled, at least for now, he lies down to rest.

Cypress RP profile

6. - Top - End - #1206

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Skirmish

Jakob will roll his inured hand in the pitch, effectively sealing his wounded palm shut with the sticky substance. Then, working as quickly as possible before the soldiers on the ramp regroup, he'll slather the rest of the pitch and pour the oil over his makeshift club. He's being fairly haphazard about it, but is careful to not get any on his handholds.

Only then does he accept the torch, touching it to the sticky, sopping wet bark. Instantly he is rewarded with a pillar of black, choking smoke springing from the tree.

All of this take quite awhile, but Jakob is so engrossed in his task it would take someone knocking the club out of his hands in order to stop him. The Feyclaw soldiers should have plenty of time to regroup, and one or two at the head of the crowd might be able to attempt an attack on him while he's distracted. Maybe they could even land a killing blow.

None of this changes the fact that Jakob is now armed with A Flaming Tree!
    The FeyClaw soldiers will attempt to surge forwards to take the massive hulk while he's distracted. And despite the best efforts of the EtherAin defenses, a few do get through.

A sword and a bladed staff wielder arrive just before Jakob is finished, attempting to damage him, although probably with not enough time to actually get a clear shot.

[EtherAin Manor - Walls]

Molodai retreats from the spearhead, hissing horribly, blood running down her cheeks. Once it gets close enough, she tries to seize the spear's shaft and yank the elf toward her.
    Once again the Elves aren't used to the speed with which Molodai springs, and the spearman is hauled forwards. The human behind him with the sword tenses as he watches his comrade be pulled forwards. The knotched blade which sat loosely in his open hand swung backwards and forwards, waiting for her to set upon this elf like she had the last soldier.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Barbarian in the Playground

Skirmish

The pole wielder lands a clean hit on Jakob's forearm, cutting the nerves in such a way as to render it useless. The giant cares not, simply using his other hand to move the flames closer and cauterizing the wound.

Now he brandishes the club one handed, smoke billowing up around his face and lending a dark cast to his manic grin.

"Come ye sons of men! Come and let Jakob show you the fear of Fire!

He swings the club across his body, aiming to take out the two nearest Feyclaws by launching them off the wall.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele]

Good. Good. The fewer witnesses, the better.

Warsh walks right up to the Rusty Wheel, through the doors, and ambles over to the bar where he proceeds to address the bartender.

"Excuse me, but how much would it be for one night's lodging?"

Yes! Warsh's most diabolical plan is to rent a room in which to sleep for tonight! Gasps!

-------
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Percival]

Eericka does have a basic education! Several trifling bits of the basic education are missing, however, specifically those concerning escape. For example, Eericka was taught that the world was just a giant room in order to pound the notion that fleeing from the slavers is an altogether futile effort.

"Are you sure, master? Have you ever tried to touch it to conclusively determine whether or not it is immaterial?"

-------
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Elezibethele]

Spoiler
    Show
    Human sacrifices. So evil is this religion. How could people ever condone any of this?

"Where does your dislike of half-breeds stem from? They are often more hardy thanks to the principles of genetics. They are not as attractive as pure breeds, of course, but that doesn't mean they they can't be skilled laborers or artisans."

-------
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Azurelle]

Spoiler
    Show
    Toy yelps in surprise as she is pulled into the bed. She was expecting for that to be the end result of this ritual, but she didn't exactly suspect that Azurelle would be so abrupt with this action.

Oddly enough, Toy is far more receptive to Azurelle's treatment than Object was. She'll wait for Azurelle to trigger the falling of the curtains, but that won't stop her from flirting. She understands that a happy master/mistress can only be a good thing, and she is willing to work towards that objective, even that work encompasses acts that she finds to be both demeaning and degrading.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

Spoiler
    Show
    Technically, it was a half-elf sacrifice

"Elves are superior to those pathetic humans, in every way. Interbreeding weakens our species, shortens our lifespans and dilutes our magical talent. What possible benefit to the graceful, attractive, cultured elvish race can be gained from such clumsy, ugly and savage barbarians as the humans?" Not that elves have any more magical talent than humans- they just have longer in which they can practice with it.

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle

Spoiler
    Show
    Azurelle pulls the curtain. With Object, she did not go out of her way to harm her. With Toy, she does. The whip won't be used, however, nor will any knives.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele]

Spoiler
    Show
    "The melding and meshing of cultures, music, art, literature, technology, and social workings, is invaluable. Furthermore, expanding the breeding pool isn't so terrible, as, were inbreeding to occur, it would destroy us. Humans are hardier than we are as well. In harsher climates, being human might not be so bad..."

Mine is a/an *insert any non-feral/destructive species' name here* sympathizer! Show him the error of his ways that make perfect sense because he was bred alongside a medley of members of other species!

-------
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle]

Spoiler
    Show
    Why? Why is Azurelle such a demented subhuman monster? In her depravity, she is wrecking innocent lives without a second thought! And for what? To cure her self-image issue? To humor her desire to play the puppetmaster? She possesses power, but she craves more.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. There is still time for Azurelle to abdicate and devote her life to more constructive, noble purposes.

Toy is abused, for now. She might scratch Azurelle once or twice in retaliation, but the damage dealt, if any, should be barely noticeable and by no means permanent.

11. - Top - End - #1211

[Underwater lake]

Voices.

Yes, there are vague voices filling his ears beyond the wall of blackness before him. But he can't move, not yet. He will feel weak, much weaker then he felt before.

"-all your minions the vampires are still stronger and smarter. We should attempt to make allies with them. Not destroy them, your being very irratio-" A calm sophisticated voice canbe heard before it's interrupted by a loud deep voice but still female tone.

"Bah I say! I'm planning to take it all over anyway, they will be the perfect slaves!"

"Do you ever listen to yourself Saress? This is absurd."

If Rot opens his eyes he will only see darkness, he can feel no blood, no echolocation, he's completely blind.

"Uh... master. I think he's waking up."

"Perfect! Stand aside worms! I shall have my audience with this one!"

Rot can hear water, or rather, something moving within the water, something huge.

Suddenly he can see something moving within the darkness and he will feel something wet and slimy warp itself around his body and then lift him up into the air.
    "Talk you sniveling parasite, tell me everything you know!" The voice demands, clearly coming form a source nearby, vague shapes shifting in the darkness around him will give the impression that what ever is holding him is simply enormous.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Orc in the Playground

[Underwater lake]

"Gah! Where the hell am I and who are you?!"

Rot is not one to answer questions. He shouts as loudly and angrily as he can and struggles too. He immediately feels something wrong, which makes him even more furious.

"What have you done with me!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #1213

[Underwater lake]

"I'm the glorious Saress of course!" The voice replies... loudly.

"I'm the queen of the sea! The mistress of storms! But you can call me a god!" ROt can feel whatever is grabbing him squeeze him harder.
    "I won't answer any of your questions. But you will answer mine!"

But before Rot can reply to that, the more sophisticated voice decides to join in. "As you without doubt will notice, we have shared all your memories to a minion of Saress. You now inhabit the body of a 10 year old human. I suggest you keep yourself calm. I'm not sure how much pain your standard body is able to feel, but I can assure you this one likely can feel more."

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Orc in the Playground

[Underwater lake]

"Wait WHAT?! A ten year old..."

Rot sounds even more furious. He's not even a little intimidated or bothered by the goddess of the sea holding and squeezing him.

"WHY WOULD YOU EVEN DO THAT?! It's insulting and degrading!"

The little boy begins screaming curse words, archaic and modern, that he definitely shouldn't know at his age.
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2011-11-21 at 08:42 PM.

Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #1215

[Underwater lake]

Rot's screams are responded by a loud hiss as the tentacles warp around squeezes his small body even tighter and from the darkness he can see the outlines of a enormous squid-like appendage, "Foolish little creature, you will only talk when spoken to."

Rot will feel how a smaller tentacle warps around his neck and slowly starts to strangle the little boy, at least until the other voice protests.
    "Enough! You were turned to this because you can't be controlled and you apparently have powerful allies. We however are willing to talk unlike your previous captors."

The tentacles slowly get Rot go, letting him have more freedom.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Orc in the Playground

[Underwater lake]

Rot begins an angry reply but starts choking at that point. When he's released, he gasps for air. Oh curses, he's going to have to breath again isn't he?

Once the little boy has caught his breath, he glares daggers at the other voice not holding him.

"You said you can see my memories. Why asks questions if you can do that?"

Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #1217

[Underwater lake]

"I don't need your memories, I need your cooperation worm... if you work with me, we can feed upon riverside soon enough! The other vampires will be our slaves along with every mortal living there! Then we shall move on to inside... ahahaha!"

The other voice coughs, clearly not agreeing with Saress. He seems to keep quit for now however.
    "If you prove your loyalty you will get back your old body so you may serve me properly. Otherwise you will die, the pathetic coffin of yours destroyed by your enemies. You have no choice but to serve a greater will in exchange for as much victims as you want. How does that sound Rot?"

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Orc in the Playground

[Underwater lake]

Rot scowls and thinks for a moment. And another moment.

"Fine. I'll cooperate with you. If I get to return the favor to those Riverside vampires and stake some of them."

Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #1219

[Underwater lake]

"You can kill them all if you want, I don't care. Of course, I'm not so foolish to trust you at once, you need to earn it. How do you feel returning to Riverside a bit? Doing some work for us? I can arrange to have your current body turned as well. With my powers, you will basically be immortal as long as you serve me and you won't have to wait weeks before every rebirth either." Saress replies, amusement creeping into her voice.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Orc in the Playground

[Underwater lake]

"Fine by me. But please turn me quickly, it makes me sick to my stomach... to be able to be sick to my stomach."

Rot is still scowling. He's having a hard time remembering to breath properly, though if he doesn't think about it his body takes over unconsciously so it's not too big a deal.

Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #1221

[Underwater lake]

The other voice coughs, "All in due time Rot, but turning you into a vampire may take some time. So meanwhile I have a mission for you which is... suitable to your new form. There is a certain faction within Riverside which calls itself the order of Cunningham we don't know very much about. I didn't think they were even important until I learned how they had helped stopping a possible demonic invasion in the city. This order runs an orphanage here which you should be quite familiar with." The voice pauses briefly, letting Rot take all that in, somehow managing to not sound amused at all.
    "I want you go there and infiltrate the order as an orphan to find out as much as possible about them and their mysterious powers."

"To conquer them!"

"Yes... yes of course. But once you have done this I will be able to turn you into the same kind of vampire you were before." The voice assures him.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Orc in the Playground

[Underwater lake]

"What? But..."

Rot grumbles in dissent. Being alive might change him in unpleasant ways, or, perhaps even worse, pleasant ways.

"Okay, but only because I know what orphanage you're talking about. I also want to kill those Cunninghams."

Uh, the voice said infiltrate, not kill. Rot hasn't changed yet, it seems.

Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

Spoiler
    Show
    "Inbreeding does cause issues, yes, but it's only an issue in extremely small populations. Ones of less than a thousand individuals. There's more than a thousand elves in existence; it's not a problem. And humans don't have a culture, not on their own. They've borrowed their architecture from elves, their weaponcraft from dwarfs, their mercantile practices from halflings, and their alchemy from gnomes. Just about the only things humans can claim are genuinely theirs are their gods, democracy and ship-building. And the last is used so they can steal from other species." Elezibethele would prefer to convince Mine with debate than torture, and is actually unlikely to use that in an argument. Unless the argument is over whether or not Mine is planning something, anyway.

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle

Spoiler
    Show
    Azurelle enjoys having power over people, and takes more enjoyment from exercising that power. That's the only power she desires; she's at the top rung of the Dalachrechite heirarchy and can't rise any higher.

Azurelle also believes in the cause she champions at the moment; to her, it is noble. She always will, too, because it's the cause that took her in when she was rejected elsewhere, which comforted her when she needed comfort and promised revenge when she wanted it most.

Azurelle will take immense pleasure in the torture, not noticing Toy's attempts at equalising the score. Which is good; if she noticed, she'd punish Toy. When the curtain rises, Azurelle will leave the bed and grab at Object and Slave, pushing them towards the cell. Toy will be left in the bed.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

24. - Top - End - #1224

[Underwater lake]

The sophisticated voice grunts a reply before Seress decides to answer it instead. "You can kill them after you infiltrate them! After! We learn their weaknesses first and then we kill them all. Understood?"

"You could attempt to lure one of their leaders away if you like so we could capture her or him. But that's not very likely to work so focus on the infiltration instead."

"Yes, and remember I can see everything you do in that body worm so don't try any tricks."

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Orc in the Playground

[Underwater lake]

"Yes yes, I can do that."

Rot waves his hands placatingly.

"You can count on me. I'll infiltrate them, tell you how to beat them, might even get one of their leaders, and we can kill em all and turn me again."

Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #1226

[Underwater lake]

"Perfect... it's set then."

"You will get to feast on so many mortals little worm... but first you need to sleep." And this point Rot will feel something moving over his face... and promptly pass out.

[Riverside]

...only to wake up on the streets of west side in Riverside.

27. - Top - End - #1227

Skirmish

(Most of them are Elves not humans like 'sons of men' would indicate...)

The pole wielder's cry of triumph is cut short as he is thrown off the wall by the giant, landing with a sickening THUD on the ground below. No one even bothered to check his status, as the result of that smash was obvious.

The swordsman is knocked back, and almost falls off the ramparts, but hangs on with one hand as several bladesman hold a tight shield formation to allow their allies to get up onto the walls and go the opposite way from this monster.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

28. - Top - End - #1228

Quote Originally Posted by Eruantion View Post
    Yes, but the dragon will not be covered in blood from head to toe

Bry sets about at one of the cattle, stripping the meat off the bone in quick jerks. He makes short work of the cow before moving on to four more. Stomach now filled, at least for now, he lies down to rest.
    Molodai eats beside her new companion and, seeing him lie down, tries to go and do the same. On top of his head. Still covered in blood. I imagine that will get sticky. "You can eat a lot."

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Once again the Elves aren't used to the speed with which Molodai springs, and the spearman is hauled forwards. The human behind him with the sword tenses as he watches his comrade be pulled forwards. The knotched blade which sat loosely in his open hand swung backwards and forwards, waiting for her to set upon this elf like she had the last soldier.
    Molodai tries to rip out a chunk of his throat just like the last poor sap, simply swerving the spear aside before he can use it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Percival]

Eericka does have a basic education! Several trifling bits of the basic education are missing, however, specifically those concerning escape. For example, Eericka was taught that the world was just a giant room in order to pound the notion that fleeing from the slavers is an altogether futile effort.

"Are you sure, master? Have you ever tried to touch it to conclusively determine whether or not it is immaterial?"
    That's actually very clever. Unfortunately for Percy, he sees something wrong with this.

The demonazi begins to explain again, but decides that for such a stubborn and self-assured girl, there is a better way.

A pair of wings, tremendous oily things of black leather, suddenly burst from his back. They don't move like real limbs, though. He treats the appendages more like some artificial apparatus than something he just grew from his body. "Let me show you."

With that, Percy tries to seize Eericka's arms and take off into the sky!

Oh dear.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Skirmish

(Most of them are Elves not humans like 'sons of men' would indicate...)

The pole wielder's cry of triumph is cut short as he is thrown off the wall by the giant, landing with a sickening THUD on the ground below. No one even bothered to check his status, as the result of that smash was obvious.

The swordsman is knocked back, and almost falls off the ramparts, but hangs on with one hand as several bladesman hold a tight shield formation to allow their allies to get up onto the walls and go the opposite way from this monster.
    Skirmish

(And you think Gregorovich would know the difference in the heat of battle? In fact, I don't even think he was ever told who he's fighting here... for all he knows they're Vulcans.)

By the time the other elves have breached the wall, the fire has spread to Gregorovich's fist. The same fist he covered in peat to stop the bleeding. We all know how this song and dance goes.

As the fire leaps to his skin he flings the tree away from him without a thought towards the fleeing crowd of soldiers, not caring if he hits Feyclaw or EtherAin, just wanting it away from him. In the same movement, he brings his flaming palm about and attempts to smother it by clasping it around the Swordsman's head and squeezing. Fingers that could crack a coconut as easily as a man could smush a grape will close tight.

Mind you, it probably won't smother the flames, but crushing someone's skull always makes him feel better about himself.

Actually, it occurs to me that he's probably put himself in a very precarious spot here. He's without weapons, on fire, and only has one good hand, which unfortunately is occupied with trying to crush the cranium of an elvish swordsman.

If anyone wanted a shot at his heart, there really will never be a better time.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

30. - Top - End - #1230

Drychalk Hill- Underground Facility

The necromancer freezes for a second, out of shock or perhaps terror. Then he dives for the briefcase, just as the ball of plasma is wrenched through the air towards the negative energy capacitor by the forces of magnetism, leaving a trail of burning ectoplasm in it's wake as the wisps clinging to it are dissolved by the sheer amount of energy contained within. He manages to grab the money mere micro-seconds before the positively charged plasma reaches it's target, vanishing in a burst of light.

Then the energy sphere hits the capacitor, and the bunker vanishes in a burst of light as well. The five-inch thick cement walls do nothing to contain the blast, the ten feet of packed earth surrounding the bunker little more, the dozens of energy tanks in the room below only adding to the awe-inspiring magnitude of the detonation as they are consumed as fuel for the fireworks.

Above, the asphalt of the street running across Drychalk is torn to shreds, dozens of tendrils of pure energy breaking free of the confines of the inked and reaching into the air... Air that's infused with negative energy by the entropic field that encircles the entire town and the surrounding countryside.

For the blink of an eye, the horizon is blotted out by an awe-inspiring flash of light as Drychalk is consumed utterly and completely, replaced by an onrushing wave of annihilation that radiates from where the town once stood. Every person, every plant, every animal that the pulse of destructive energy consumes becomes part of the chain reaction that fuels it, their deaths sustaining the carnage for a few thousandths of a second more. Then it's over, the magical energy dissipating into the air as the tipping point is reached, the fuel needed to sustain the explosion outweighing the speed at which it could be consumed.

Left behind is a massive crater, stretching for nearly three miles in all directions, the infernal heat left over from the detonation turning the ground molten for a half-mile after that. Within the crater, nothing stirs, for nothing lives. Not even a ghost is left behind, the very souls of those caught in the carnage consigned to oblivion. Above the giant scar upon the earth, a storm begins to brew, but no normal storm. Not a storm of rain, of clouds heavy with water, but a storm of magic, of arcane energies brewing and congealing in the skies above, beginning to take shape as a chaotic mass of roiling octarine clouds.

Riv's Hamlet

The barkeep, a slightly chubby, unpleasant looking fellow, looks up from the dirty tin platter he was polishing to peer at Warsh from behind metal-framed spectacles. "An you would be here why? Can't let jus anyone inta a top establishment like this." He says, wrinkling his nose at the newcomer. Needless to say, "top establishment" is a blatant lie. The bar isn't precisely filthy, but it's by no means five star either, with no electronics nor chairs, merely long meadhall benches and straw thrown on the floor in lieu of carpeting.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.