New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

[Field]

Continued displays of intelligence from the orc.
    Fascinating.

Feia is very likely playing with the two and probably enjoying it.
    She's sitting back down on the rock now, bending down to pick her pencil back up.
    Lightly twirls it in her fingers.
    "I told you what I know. You will have to be satisfied with that. Whether you accept it or not isn't my problem."
    But it is her problem, isn't it? Justice already threatened to hack her apart...
    "Do you happen to be associated with the authorities? Remnant? One of the Organizations?"
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground

[Field]

"What ORGANIZATIONS do you speak of, woman?" Justice asks. Feia should probably be able to tell he's not from the Nexus, just from that.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Moonlit Cove]

Nadia kisses her back quite willingly. She'll try to guide Irena down so they're lying in the sand sometime during the kissing. She's perfectly fine with the curtain staying where it is. After how their relationship started, she kinda wants to take things slower. Oh, and Irena might be pleased to note that Nadia is surprisingly warm. More of that experimentation.

"Oh, sure. Um, well, I was an only child with just my mom and dad. Can't say there's anything really exciting about my life. Just grew up and went through school. I worked for a construction company for a few years after school, and then went to school to be an architect. I decided to get turned after my second year. You can probably guess why I wasn't planning on having kids. I wasn't planning on any kind of relationship, actually..." She trails off, but her smile returns a moment later. "Makes me really glad I came here and met you."
    [Moonlit Cove]

"Mm..." Irena seems to listen attentively to everything Nadia has to say as just lay in the sand ralaxing near the vampire. "So how is it like? Being turned I mean? Anything I should try?" She asks with a slight smile.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

[Moonlit Cove]

Nadia chuckles. "Might want to think longer about that one. It's pretty life changing. I like it, though. As long as you eat enough you can control the desire to drink blood pretty easy. I wouldn't say it's better than being human, just different. Oh, and you can't like the sun." The vampire idly traces her fingers on Irena's thigh.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-12-06 at 08:51 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1445

[Field]

Tel-Zaff Kax flinches as Justice speaks up in his Out-Doors Voice. Ow. Right in his ear.
    "I dunno what 'organizations' you're talking about, miss. Justice and me are with the Stormcloaks if that's what yer askin', but I don't see how that matters any. I also don't see why yer so unconcerned. Aren't you worried the dragon might come back?"
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Field]

Stormcloaks certainly aren't a Nexus organization.
    Good.

"I see...well, if you're worried about that dragon so much, maybe you should turn around and look behind you. Point that sword at something useful."
    Feia gives a little flicking gesture towards the space behind them, somewhere between "shoo" and "hey, look".
    Also still wearing that little smile.
    Absentee Spirit

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eruantion View Post
    Bry laps mightily from the water, dunking his head and throwing it to send sprays of water down his back. The blood and water run off in rivulets, and Brythaern shakes his head, spraying everything around. "What is it that we do now?"
    The drenched fey tries climb back on top of Brythaern's head just before he raises it again. She shakes herself free of water and swings down to look him in the eye. "I don't know. What do dragons do for fun?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

[Field]

Justice, gullible man that he is, looks in the direction that Feia points to, not realizing it's just another lie.

9. - Top - End - #1449

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    The drenched fey tries climb back on top of Brythaern's head just before he raises it again. She shakes herself free of water and swings down to look him in the eye. "I don't know. What do dragons do for fun?"
    Bry grins inwardly at Molodai's antics. "Eat. Fly. Terrorize the unsuspecting populace. Things of that sort. What does a wild fey do for fun?"
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

10. - Top - End - #1450

Stream

"Eat. Mate. Ah... eat." Molodai bears her teeth in a rather frightening grin. And, seemingly at random, she adds, "I wish I could fly."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #1451

Stream

"Eat. Mate. Ah... eat." Molodai bears her teeth in a rather frightening grin. And, seemingly at random, she adds, "I wish I could fly."
    "Oh do you?" says Bry, "Hang on!" With a mighty roar, he thrusts himself into the air, carrying them aloft on massive golden wings.
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.

Cypress RP profile

12. - Top - End - #1452

Sky

Molodai squeals and hangs on for dear life, looking around with wide eyes. Despite her fear, there's excitement too, and she can't help but give a little whoop of joy as they gain altitude.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Empty Field

The dragon manages to whip its neck out of the way of Puddin's mandibles, but the massive centipede manages to get hold of it anyway, legs liking digging into the scales, although not enough to reach the sensitive flesh underneath.

The added weight causes problems though, and the tear in the dragon's wing extends, causing it to list to the side. It overbalances too much, and crashes into the ground with a roar and a gout of liquid acid spouting aimlessly.

The flurry of motion may dislodge Puddin' from the dragon's torso, but otherwise the giant lizard will be crashing down on top of the centipede.
    Empty Field

The acid seems to do nothing to Puddin', and there's a hideous cracking sound as the dragon lands on it.

That's from the stone that it landed on though. Puddin' is perfectly fine.

As soon as Puddin' hits the ground, an ooze begins to seep out of cracks between its armored segments. If the ooze touches the dragon, it will find out that it is a thick and powerful glue, hopefully binding the two together as Puddin' tries to dig its pair of mandibles into the dragon's chest to try and start eating through it.

14. - Top - End - #1454

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Field]

Stormcloaks certainly aren't a Nexus organization.
    Good.

"I see...well, if you're worried about that dragon so much, maybe you should turn around and look behind you. Point that sword at something useful."
    Feia gives a little flicking gesture towards the space behind them, somewhere between "shoo" and "hey, look".
    Also still wearing that little smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Field]

Justice, gullible man that he is, looks in the direction that Feia points to, not realizing it's just another lie.

Tel-Zaff Kax isn't nearly as gullible as his Thane. Which is probably one of the reasons why the two of them are still alive. Besides, Justice was stupid enough to look. If he saw any big nasty things sneaking up in the direction the woman was pointing at, he'd warn the orc.

No, the long-suffering side-kick quarks an eyebrow back at Feia, his gaze staying firmly on her. He was really starting to wish she would just reveal who she was and let him know what she wanted. Even if she just wanted to kill him, at least he'd be moving on from this annoying stalemate. This little game of "are you or aren't you" was getting tiresome.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Field]

Feia just gives a toothy grin back at Kax's stare.
    "Worth a shot. Your friend was lucky you kept him alive this long."
    Her teeth start to look pointier, as her already dark skin begins to blacken and spine-coated wings erupt from the back of her dress.

"Let's get this over with then. I have appointments to keep."
    Clearly for dramatic effect, the grass around the woman's rock decides to burst into purple flames.
    Or maybe that's to obscure further changes creeping in, like scales crawling over her legs and arms, and claws on her fingers.
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2011-12-07 at 02:36 AM.
    Absentee Spirit

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground

[Field]

Justice turns back to Feia as she speaks, his will to be just finally being turned in the correct direction, "I told you OSWALD! She's a LIAR!"

It's at this point that we discover why this ridiculous dragonborn is so good. His first action, he screams three words "SU GRAH DUN"

Air whips about his sword, which is still in his hand, and as he moves forward to strike Feia, hoping to hit her before her transformation is complete, the massive blade moves at speeds that should be absolutely impossible.

17. - Top - End - #1457

Field

As soon as Feia begins to change her shape, the orc springs into action. Even as he moves forward he unhooks his axe from his belt. The orichalcum blade glimmers wickedly in the light, forming a long, deadly-sharp and heavy cutting wedge on one end and a short spike on the other end for puncturing through armour. The head is set into a bone carved from a dragon wing, the handle fitting perfectly in Tel-Zaff Kax's hand. The whole of the weapon shimmers with a deep red glow. Even as it is raised to strike, Tel-Zaff Kax has already reached behind him, unhooking his shield from its resting spot on his armour. The shield is itself carved from the dome of a dragon's skull, with ridges that spike downwards. He thrusts his arm through the dragonhide harness, grabbing the bone handle in a tight grip. Fits like a glove.

The blade streaks down in a black-green arc as Tel-Zaff Kax darts in on the opposite side of Justice. He aims to hack off her right arm, his axe darting into a u-shape as it curves downwards and upwards to cut through her swiftly-growing scales.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Field]

Primitive magic, of some sort, in the stupid one. Noted.
    Orc seems to keep things simple, though his weapon also looks magical to some degree.

Feia falls backwards, from her sitting position on the rock, tucking her legs in to avoid any collateral damage from the swinging blades.
    Her wings catch her on the ground, allowing enough leverage for her to smoothly kick off the rock into a neat backwards tuck back to her feet.

She'd take the time to look smug, managing all that in a dress, but said dress just exploded.

The woman leaps upwards as this happens, her body bulging and rapidly expanding, towards a less-than-pretty variety of dragon.
    Sickly black scales, with a glowing purple hue of the skin between them, periodically interrupted by randomly growing spines and spurs.
    A tail, squirming outwards, covered on all sides by spikes varying from the sizes of puny and sword-like.

Massive curling horns, almost like an antelope, and a somewhat flat snout with tiny teeth protruding through it.
    Her claws are unlike a typical dragon's, attached to long, dextrous digits suitable for grasping and manipulating.

But for all this, Feia does not appear all that large at the moment, perhaps the size of a particularly ugly elephant.
    Growing more every second, however.
    "Come then, slayers. Make me fear you."

Perhaps to be fair, she chooses to land back on the ground, as opposed to snapping her wings and taking to the skies.
    And again, she waits for their moves before taking her own.
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2011-12-07 at 03:28 AM.
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ogre in the Playground

[Field]

Justice decides to take and interesting strategy of attempting to move directly under Feia, and slash at her stomach. Of course, if she blocks his movements, her'll merely go after her forelegs and chest, but he should get several cuts in, maybe three if he's lucky. It should be noted though, that while it's hard to see due to the color of the blade and the red runes already there, Justice's weapon is enchanted with magic similar to that of Kax's.

20. - Top - End - #1460

[Field]

As Justice attacks below, Tel-Zaff Kax concerns himself with above. The orc moves in practiced synchronicity with Justice, never once glancing in his direction. The two have fought side-by-side for so long that they have an innate sense of where the other is.

Hurrying forward, Tel-Zaff Kax darts around to the dragon's side. Clutching his axe in his tusked mouth, he reaches up to hook an arm around Feia's wing. Once he's got a hold it should be a simple matter to swing himself up onto her back.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Field]

Two inconvenient matters will immediately present themselves to the two dragon-slayers.

The first, and most basic, appears to be some sort of transparent magic effect hardening the dragon's skin beyond what it should be.
    A mage armor of some sort, that will be stubbornly denying Justice an easy stomach-kill on the dragon.
    Sure, if he can force his sword through the initial barrier sitting around Feia, he'll be able to draw the sword to the scales...but the he has to cut through those as well.

Doable, likely, for the moment, if lacking in the entire gut-spilling effect he likely desires.
    But the extra force needed might halt his attack speed a touch, long enough for the dragon witch to swat a large arm at him, seeking to force him further away.

The second point, is Feia's neck.
    It is rather long and agile.
    Perfect for turning around, wondering what the heck Kax thinks he's doing, and then snapping out to try to bite into the orc's leg, to tear him off her wing.
    Absentee Spirit

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

[Field]

Justice sword will power on through the magical barrier, and will even dig into some scales, but it's been sufficiently slowed that Justice is having trouble despite the amazing make of the blade. The magic on the blade should kick in; a burst of fire to sear, and magic to transfer vital energy from Feia to Justice. She'll have an open opportunity to hit back though, if she can focus on two targets at once.

23. - Top - End - #1463

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Moonlit Cove]

Nadia chuckles. "Might want to think longer about that one. It's pretty life changing. I like it, though. As long as you eat enough you can control the desire to drink blood pretty easy. I wouldn't say it's better than being human, just different. Oh, and you can't like the sun." The vampire idly traces her fingers on Irena's thigh.
    [Moonlit Cove]

"I don't want to be a vampire." Irena admits awkwardly. Bit blunt isn't she?

"...not yet at least. If the relationship go on..." She coughs, "I'm mostly awake at night anyway." She is pretty bleak.

24. - Top - End - #1464

Sky

Molodai squeals and hangs on for dear life, looking around with wide eyes. Despite her fear, there's excitement too, and she can't help but give a little whoop of joy as they gain altitude.
    Brythaern pivots and circles around, looking around at the countryside. "See anywhere that might interest you?"

Cypress RP profile

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Empty Field

The acid seems to do nothing to Puddin', and there's a hideous cracking sound as the dragon lands on it.

That's from the stone that it landed on though. Puddin' is perfectly fine.

As soon as Puddin' hits the ground, an ooze begins to seep out of cracks between its armored segments. If the ooze touches the dragon, it will find out that it is a thick and powerful glue, hopefully binding the two together as Puddin' tries to dig its pair of mandibles into the dragon's chest to try and start eating through it.
    Empty Field

The glue succeeds for now, but the dragon quickly intercepts Puddin's attempted gnawing by interposing its head in the way. It will try to clamp its jaws around Puddin's face and a gush of liquid acid pours over its lips. It's trying to get some into the bug's mouth, but if it can't get a hold of Puddin then the mandibles will take a large chunk out of its hide, just over its lung.

Some of the acid likely starts eating through the glue, but how effective that is depends on the glue's composition.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

26. - Top - End - #1466

Quote Originally Posted by Eruantion View Post
    Brythaern pivots and circles around, looking around at the countryside. "See anywhere that might interest you?"
    "I can see my home!" Molodai says, pointing north to the fae forests that stretch for miles in that direction.

Rotfel

Adir leads Marcus amidst a cluster of rotten woods, where spongey earth squelches beneath their feet and strange molds cling to the husks of trees. It's a dying place, slowly being eatten from the inside out by a plethora of yellowish fungus. This looks like it's been happening for years.

While they walk, Adir makes a point of watching Marcus closely. How does he hunt? How does he carry himself? Is he wary, or confident? It all matters.

The stag himself keeps low, and as the mushrooms around them grow thicker, he begins to whisper. "We're close. Now you need to watch this thing. It's not exactly..."

Before he can get another word out, a pair of thunderous footsteps sound off to their right. Adir whirls just in time to watch a 20 foot fungoid monster come crashing through the trees, splintering spongey bark and releasing acrid fumes into the air. A few arrows poke from it's golden hide. It would take closer inspection, but they seem to resemble the ones in Adir's quiver.

Spoiler
    Show
    [/URL]

"Move!" Adir shouts, diving to the side and tumbling down into a muddy streambed. The creature winds up and swings, attempting to crush Marcus in a single blow. The attack's fairly slow, however, compared to something like a giant landsquid.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-12-07 at 07:09 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground

[Moonlit Cove]

"Oh, no. Of course I'd never expect you to become a vampire." Nadia says, obviously flustered. It is nice to think that Irena has at least considered the long term.

28. - Top - End - #1468

[Moonlit Cove]

"I feel a bit too young, yeah." Irena says with a slight smile. "I just want to do something with my life beside sitting alone in my manor and feel sorry for myself, it-"

Then suddenly their conversation is abruptly cut short by the sound of a siren.

Nadia might have missed this before with all her attention focused on Irena, but as the lighthouse makes another round the light does not just hit empty space, it illuminates an entire wall decorated with strange murals carved into it.

Emerging from the fog is a hideously large flying fortress coming right over the water, the light revealing grotesque gargoyles sitting perched upon the battlements.

It's not a fortress in the traditional sense of the word as far as she can see, there is no courtyard at all, it's a perfectly compact building with six towers bending outward like tentacles of some disturbingly large upside down squid.

Strange red lights come from each 'arm' of the fortress, now coming over the beach like red eyes, searching for something.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

[Moonlit Cove]

Nadia starts when the siren sounds. She looks around an... giant, flying fortress. Her eyes widen in shock. She starts to stand, trying to get Irena to get up with her. "What is that..?"

30. - Top - End - #1470

Rotfel

Adir leads Marcus amidst a cluster of rotten woods, where spongey earth squelches beneath their feet and strange molds cling to the husks of trees. It's a dying place, slowly being eatten from the inside out by a plethora of yellowish fungus. This looks like it's been happening for years.

While they walk, Adir makes a point of watching Marcus closely. How does he hunt? How does he carry himself? Is he wary, or confident? It all matters.

The stag himself keeps low, and as the mushrooms around them grow thicker, he begins to whisper. "We're close. Now you need to watch this thing. It's not exactly..."

Before he can get another word out, a pair of thunderous footsteps sound off to their right. Adir whirls just in time to watch a 20 foot fungoid monster come crashing through the trees, splintering spongey bark and releasing acrid fumes into the air. A few arrows poke from it's golden hide. It would take closer inspection, but they seem to resemble the ones in Adir's quiver.

"Move!" Adir shouts, diving to the side and tumbling down into a muddy streambed. The creature winds up and swings, attempting to crush Marcus in a single blow. The attack's fairly slow, however, compared to something like a giant landsquid.
    Well, it's something unfamiliar to Marcus...and where he's from, the wild magic present constantly spawns new monstrosities. So he's normally quite cautious to begin with. So in an unfamiliar environment, hunting entirely unfamiliar beasts, he's being extremely cautious.

So when the big ol' monster comes charging at them, it doesn't really catch Marcus by surprise. Even the quietest snapping of a twig would've caught his attention in an instant. Anyway, the monster's method of attack is somewhat familiar to him. The landsquid, while not as slow as this thing, did still have to take a moment or two to aim and swing each tree trunk. And in a similar manner there, being close to the point of impact would probably result in you getting knocked about a bit anyway.

So when the beastie swings at him, Marcus quickly dives out the way, straight into a roll back to his feet. But he dived towards the creature, and as he comes up from the roll he breaks straight into a sprint, intending to take a slice or two at the creature's legs as he runs by, before getting clear on the other side.

Hopefully if it behaves just as slowly in all its movements as it does when attacking, then it'll still be turning around by the time he's got out of reach of it.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.