New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    River

"Let's swim." Jasper says, before diving into the waters with a splash. This whole thing has left a foul taste in his mouth, and his stomach is churning from doubt. He isn't sure he should do this. He knows helping Legion could end up driving her to madness.
    Legion follows. She's like a fish, really. It's likely she swam 'professionally' before. The Lady drifts through the water, suddenly feeling awkward in the cold silence. She's never been nude outside like this before. It's really weird.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Court of Chaos

In that case, they try to grab his wings.

River

Jasper follows after, swimming as gracefully as a drowning horse. He's no swimmer, he's really far more at home on land. But he likes swimming anyway, and right now, he could use cold water to cool himself down. Helps prevent a major panic attack.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courts of Chaos]

In that case, they get them. He forms corona-blades, starts to cut himself near where they are, to get more fire-blood on them.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-09-30 at 10:14 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124

River

Growing tired of the silence, and sensing awkwardness, she spins around. Swimming backwards. Perhaps showing off a little, too. "So how'd you find this place, anyways?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #125

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [EtherAin Estate]

The Rayaat-Tyr arrives here, presumably, unless the directions were bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherAin Manor Description
    One was tall and made of pure white, with ivies and beautiful plants surrounding it. The roof was a crimson stain against the white, and the grand doorways a brown blotch. The gardens that surround it are segmented into pathways, winding through the many different styles of flowers, from the large bushes and shrubs to the most delicate deliahs.

The outer gates are armoured, with massive plates holding the wall. The small arrow slits all around the walls mark a manor house that is well equiped for a seige, add onto that the small sheds of weaponry and the massive library attatched, and it completes the scholarly battle-house look.
    The directions, being quite accurate, lead him to the outer gates. Now knocking on the door might be a good idea....

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    The guards around have an odd mixture of gunnery and more medievil weaponry. "Indeed." He pauses for a second before gesturing at the map. "Our forces were somewhat savaged by the rip in reality that seems to have brought us here. With no way of knowing whether EtherAin got through their own creation unscathed, I'm forced to plan as if they have their whole guard still."

If the map is anything to go by, that's actually rather a quite large advantage. "The only thing we have at this stage is a defensive position and now a mercenary."
    (Repost for Blade

"Not that subtle, I see." Turiel snorts before looking around for a shadow. Once he finds one he'll step into it and cloak himself in his magic. Then he awaits whatever is sent in their vicinity. He's here first of all to get information, although that appears to have gone in a rut.
    (Repost for TE)
    Last edited by bladescape; 2011-10-01 at 12:29 AM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

[EtherAin Manor]

The massive alien raises its left hands, and knocks on the gates.

7. - Top - End - #127

Court of Chaos

Several tendrils are slashed, freeing his right wing, but they quickly begin to regenerate, even more tearing their way out from the walls. Dozens of the threads lash out at S'Kanthos's legs, even as his blood eats the tendrils already holding him away, but still others try to wrap around his throat and strangle him.

River

"Oh, y'know, exploring." Jasper says, eyes following Legion appreciatively as he swims after her, moving slowly, mostly letting the current control his path. "It's a nice place, secluded, quiet..."

8. - Top - End - #128

[EtherAin Manor]

After a few moments pause, the great oaken doors creak open. The Elven man standing there probably is reminiscent of a butler in other universes, although the clothing he wears looks more like an organizer of parties kind of thing... If possible, that is.

After looking the large alien up and down for a few moments, The slightly aged steward comments. "I assume you are here for the mercenary contracts?"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courts of Chaos]

A corona-shield forms around his throat, hopefully preventing the strangling.

He tries to warp the Shadow they're in, so that the root is revealed.

[EtherAin Manor]

It nods.

"I am."

10. - Top - End - #130

River

"Oh, y'know, exploring." Jasper says, eyes following Legion appreciatively as he swims after her, moving slowly, mostly letting the current control his path. "It's a nice place, secluded, quiet..."
    Well, Legion's mostly showing off with how she swims. But she doesn't mind his eyes. In fact, she gives a little smirk. "Gee, I wonder why."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #131

[EtherAin Manor]

It nods.

"I am."
    "Come this way." The steward turns around and will begin walking inwards before turning around to see if the thing was following.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Spooky Forest]

All wrapped up certainly beats the alternative. Which is, of course, getting mauled by a weremoose. And no one likes being mauled by a weremoose.

Or at least Rebo is pretty sure being mauled by a weremoose is undesirable. It seems like the sort of thing that wouldn't be much fun. Getting mauled by anything really isn't all that enjoyable after all.

Anywho!

"As much as I hate to say it that wasn't very hard," Amil sighs as she watches the hulking beast cautiously. Just in case it tries something tricky. Or moosey. "I can give the people over at the Sanctuary Fortress a call if nothing else. They have a couple healers on staff that specifically work with were-besties."
    Isn't that tempting fate, Amil? I mean, it's just when you say something like that when things tend to get worse. Like, for example, that man sized were squirrel dropping down behind you and trying to sink his incisors into your neck.

Were squirrel! Doing just that! Behind Amil! As silent as the deadly ninja!

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

"Come this way." The steward turns around and will begin walking inwards before turning around to see if the thing was following.
    It's following.

It appears to be adding information to a datapad as it does so.

14. - Top - End - #134

Court of Chaos

The corona-shield might be hard pressed to stop the tendrils for long. Individually, they're not strong at all, but there are multitudes of them, and in great numbers their strength is titanic. S'Kanthos will likely find affecting the Shadow around the beast's center to be difficult, as the beast is trying to hamper his attempts to do so, but the foundations of the house have been eroded to the point he should be able to tear open a path nonetheless.

River

"What exactly are you wondering now?" Jasper says playfully, trying to swim closer and kiss Legion, although that plan is kind of dependant on her not deciding to tease him. Goodness knows he has no chance of catching her if she swims away.

Hamlet

People begin to filter out of the houses and into the main street, many carrying weapons, from old-fashioned pikes and swords to more modern firearms, quite a few mutated in one way or the other. Some have discolored eyes, one villager's irises actually glowing, others are surrounded by visible magical auras, one even appears somewhat ghostly, form almost transparent and blurry, like a hologram. "What the hell are you doing!" The villager in the lead, a tall, heavy-set man with a bushy red beard, shouts at Fade.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courts of Chaos]

That's probably long enough for him to shift his neck to be a bit more resistant to squishing, though. Everything helps, after all.

He can indeed open a path to it.

What does he see?

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalachrech - Percival]

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Hermitage of Dalechrech - Percival

"Mm. Sounds adequate." Percy says, stepping into his room and not bothering to shut the door. "Close that, will you?" Still polite, even when giving orders.

The demonazi takes a seat on his bed - the only real seating at the moment - and removes his coat. Once the heavy leather garment is set aside, he holds out his arm, looking at Eericka expectantly.

It looks like he's just as red all over his body. Seven seperate scars rest on his stomach and back. Bullet holes, it would seem, each one passed clean through. One looks like it should've severed his spine. Of course, the real concern is the stitches running a ring around his bicep.
    Percival seems strangely kind, despite the ill-mannered demons he was tooling around with earlier. Of course, given that Eericka will be administering medical care to him, that quality is a must lest Eericka (attempt to) "accidentally" violently dismember him.

Anyway, the bullet holes speckled across gentlemanly Percy's entire body would certainly hint at the fact that he is not well-liked by many folks.

Eericka stares at Percy's body in silence for a moment, absolutely horrified. He was grizzled beyond all compare! This was disturbing at best...

"What happened to your arm? Did someone slit it open?"

The aghast Eericka inquires. Percy really looks like he was beat up quite a few times. Huh. She leans close to the wound and surveys it with the purpose of discerning whether the stitches are ready to come out and if the wound itself is infected. If it is infected at all, that issue will complicate the matter significantly.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[FeyClaw Manor]

Looking at the map, Jacques nods.

I see. Yes, it makes sense why you would be hiring mercenaries, then. What kind of defense does this fortress have, other than the guard alone? Do we have siege weaponry, or artillery? Perhaps a few beasts of war held in reserve? Vehicles? I'll need to know what I'm working with to plan properly.

18. - Top - End - #138

It's following.

It appears to be adding information to a datapad as it does so.
    [EtherAin Manor]

It is led through long pristine corridors and large dining rooms and galleries of art, all elven and elegant, before reaching what looks like the central chamber. At the center is an almost scholarly looking Elf who appears to be the leader.

"Lord EtherAin." The Steward bows, gesturing to the mercenary. "Another mercenary to aid in our defense."

The Lord looks over the newcomer for a moment, "Welcome to EtherAin Manor. Will [insert reasonable sum here] be sufficient for your aid?"

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    [FeyClaw Manor]

Looking at the map, Jacques nods.

I see. Yes, it makes sense why you would be hiring mercenaries, then. What kind of defense does this fortress have, other than the guard alone? Do we have siege weaponry, or artillery? Perhaps a few beasts of war held in reserve? Vehicles? I'll need to know what I'm working with to plan properly.
    "It has a magical defense shield around here." He traces a line around the outside walls, "Which are also armed with magical mines. We have little in the way of Siege Weaponry with us, numbering only in one or two Jarapults." Basically catapults and trebuchet mixed in a way. "No beasts of war, we have a few hover-carts though, for vehicles.

Hamlet

People begin to filter out of the houses and into the main street, many carrying weapons, from old-fashioned pikes and swords to more modern firearms, quite a few mutated in one way or the other. Some have discolored eyes, one villager's irises actually glowing, others are surrounded by visible magical auras, one even appears somewhat ghostly, form almost transparent and blurry, like a hologram. "What the hell are you doing!" The villager in the lead, a tall, heavy-set man with a bushy red beard, shouts at Fade.
    Turiel will stay hidden, attempting to move around behind the gathering crowd.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

[EtherAin Manor]

The Tyr makes no move, but says "It will."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-10-01 at 11:09 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140

Hamlet

Hamlet

"I entered here, since your guards seem to be dead outside. i thought you want to know this."

Well after all Fade doesn't care about the proprietorship of otherss. so the gate doesn't intresst him.
    After all Fade doesn#t seem to show any kind of weapon or even the power to breake through the Gate. he still wears his clothes and a few white bandages.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #141

Court of Chaos

At the bottom of the pit lies a horrible, centipede like beast. Glistening black armor covers every portion of it's being, innumerable tendrils extending from the overlapping chitinous plates into the walls. A hundred beady grey eyes stare up at S'Kanthos from the pit, two sets of serrated mandibles clawing at the air, tearing at the floor and pulling chunks of stone into it's maw, which are quickly torn to shreds by it's multitudes of teeth.

And now that S'Kanthos has removed most of the floor, he's also freed most of it's pseudopods. Scores of tendrils snap out, trying to grab the winged serpent and constrict him, trying to trap him in a cocoon of razor sharp quills.

Hamlet

"Bull****! There were gunshots!" The man in the lead shouts, and fires both barrels of the shotgun at Fade, two more villagers opening fire as well, one using a rifle, the other a lever-action scattergun, although neither are very good shots. A second later, the man with glowing irises suddenly turns to look straight at the invisible assassin. "Hey! There's another one, right over there! Murderers!" He shouts, pointing at Turiel.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courts of Chaos]

S'Kanthos is caught, and probably takes quite a few nasty wounds.

His form begins to shift back to human.

23. - Top - End - #143

Hamlet

Fade just stands there while his shadow animates one hand and waves it with a white glow.

The bullet reflect on an invisible wall around Fade.

"I said they where killed. I don't know what that has to do with gunshots. Maybe they tried to defend themself?"

((To be true I don't really understand the reaction of the man. It makes no sense))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

24. - Top - End - #144

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Percival]

Percival seems strangely kind, despite the ill-mannered demons he was tooling around with earlier. Of course, given that Eericka will be administering medical care to him, that quality is a must lest Eericka (attempt to) "accidentally" violently dismember him.

Anyway, the bullet holes speckled across gentlemanly Percy's entire body would certainly hint at the fact that he is not well-liked by many folks.

Eericka stares at Percy's body in silence for a moment, absolutely horrified. He was grizzled beyond all compare! This was disturbing at best...

"What happened to your arm? Did someone slit it open?"

The aghast Eericka inquires. Percy really looks like he was beat up quite a few times. Huh. She leans close to the wound and surveys it with the purpose of discerning whether the stitches are ready to come out and if the wound itself is infected. If it is infected at all, that issue will complicate the matter significantly.
    The stitches are definitely ready to come out, and because I believe Elezibethele cleaned the wound properly, there's no visible infection.

"Someone cut it off." Percival explains, frowning a little at all the staring.

River

"What exactly are you wondering now?" Jasper says playfully, trying to swim closer and kiss Legion, although that plan is kind of dependant on her not deciding to tease him. Goodness knows he has no chance of catching her if she swims away.
    Legion allows the kiss, sliding a hand down to Jasper's hip in the process.

"Well, I did say you might get lucky again. Besides, you're being really nice about the Objects..." She smirks and looks around a little. The Lady really hopes he's right about them being fifty miles out. "Did you want to...?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #145

River

"Mmm... Yeah, I think I'd like that. Unless you don't want to.. I'd rather not just, y'know, as a way of sealing the deal with the Objects. Jasper says, suddenly feeling akward about all this, wondering if she was just manipulating him. He doesn't want to think so, that's for sure, but it's a persistent thought that seems to creep into his mind whenever he stops to think.

26. - Top - End - #146

River

"Sealing the deal?" Legion's brow furrows a little, and she frowns. "What's that supposed to mean?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-10-02 at 10:32 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Devan Mountain

"I'm supposed to be the owner of this star dust over there."

He just stands there slowly reaching for the star dust.
    What a bounty! This must be the biggest quantity of stardust you have ever seen! Almost enough to fill a good-sized soup bowl! Amazing!

"i don't THINK so."

The purple fellow takes one Chakram and immediately imposes it between Fade and the stardust.

"we got here FIRST. why would YOU own the stardust?"

The girl in blue crosses her arms on her chest. The orange fellow immediately flicks a switch on his Van De Graaf Gun and it begins to hum.

The girl in green does nothing more. She just... kind of stares.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    Isn't that tempting fate, Amil? I mean, it's just when you say something like that when things tend to get worse. Like, for example, that man sized were squirrel dropping down behind you and trying to sink his incisors into your neck.

Were squirrel! Doing just that! Behind Amil! As silent as the deadly ninja!
    Darst can do nothing to save Amil from the were squirrel, as he is currently putting the were moose into a sleeper hold. Using both arms, if necessary.

28. - Top - End - #148

River

"I.. Sorry. Forget it." Jasper sighs, swimming back a little ways. "It's just.... The Objects scare me, Mary. Bein scared don't exactly bring out my best nature." With another sigh, he pulls himself out of the water and onto the riverbank, cold and tired enough that he doesn't want to keep swimming. "Things like that bother me, because they have a way of getting into your head. Because they hurt people worse than any monster."

29. - Top - End - #149

River

Legion stays in the water up to her waist, standing a few feet away. She frowns apoligetically. "You don't have to Seek if you don't want to, Jasper."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #150

River

"No... Just cause what those... those things are scares me, doesn't mean I won't help. Hell, it's all the more reason to help." Jasper lies back on the bank, staring up at the cloudy sky. "Can I ask you a question though? You don't have to answer, but I'd feel better about this if you did... Why are you Seeking?"