New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Sir Percival]

Percy isn't such a bad guy. Not at all.

Eericka gawks at the arm in open amazement for a moment before setting to work removing the stitches. She's rather proficient in this task, having practiced it many times before on both cadavers and living patients. Percy might not even feel anything but her fingers working their way around his arm as Eericka skillfully performs this procedure. About midway through her work, she addresses Percival in a spritely voice packed with wonder.

"You don't appear to be afflicted with any signs of severe nerve damage. If I may ask, how did you manage that?"

Percival's miraculous recovery is truly a mystery to Eericka.
    Percy merely does what he's told to do. If that happens to be evil, then let them call him evil. Still, he has his fair share of problems.

Percival seems pleased at her performance, not feeling even the tiniest pain while she works. His frown disappeared, though it hasn't quite been replaced with a smile. "Regeneration. I believe the cells in my body are immune to permanent harm."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Devan Mountain

"If that is what you really want, then bring it on shabby thieves."

Fade graps into his coat and drags out a rather normal looking sword. mainly just like a german longsword, but it can only cut shadows and it can only be blocked by strong magic items... on the other hand it can't be used to block something that isn't high magic. Fade himself doesn't have a fighting stand either he just stands there and the giant shadow does nothing as befor.
    ((Sorry I missed this!))

The battle starts when the girl in green blows into her lantern.

A great gout of blue flame comes out, trying to surround and immolate Fade. This supernatural fire does not hurt her allies, but does obscure them. When the fire fades, the three other trolls are around him; the purlple man to his left, the orange one to his right, and the other girl directly ahead of him.

He had better do something, because trolls are not known for their mercy. They are known for being distinctly unmerciful.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

They're leaving the torture room. Also, is it Mr. Scales? *Totally hasn't forgotten what the other slaves look like.*

Elezibethele doesn't want to be liked, loved nor adored by her slaves- she wants to be feared and respected. It's how she was brought up, though oddly it came with a loyalty to the Spider Queen fiercer than if she'd been treated more like Three and less like Mine.

Anyway, she'll lead the slaves to a laundry room, with large tubs of water, piles of clothing, equipment for leather maintenance and coarse soap. "Temple slaves, take a simple shift and a loin cloth from the clean washing pile. Mine, your attire is awaiting you in my chamber."

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle

"So, no reaction to your chores? Very well. Remove your clothes, one at a time, and starting with... You, and working left." Azurelle will point at the rightmost slave. She will also go to sit on the bed, and will watch the slaves undress hungrily. Her desire is not subtle, and cannot be mistaken by much else.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Pixie in the Playground

[Temple of Dalachrech - Sir Percival]

Percival does seem like a being that might be unable to smile. That's not out of the question, is it?

Eericka raises her right eyebrow. Percival is a miracle of science, in her mind.

"So you will never die? Can your limbs act autonomously without being attached to your main body?"

-----
    [Temple of Dalachrech - Elezibethele]

Nope! The hater isn't Mister Scales. That'd be way too easy to spot. He's the odd one of the group, is he not?

Also, >.< . Leaving the torture room. Yes.

Anyway, the slaves each take both a simple shirt and loincloth to wear, all except for Mine, who, in all truth, isn't quite looking forward to being separated from the other slaves alone in Elezibethele's chamber.

-----
    [Temple of Dalachrech - Azurelle]

The triplets begin to hesitantly remove their clothing. They find this situation quite awkward and something more than distasteful. The triplets are good to look at. We'll leave it at that.

The triplets are beginning to feel wrong and entirely violated already.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

He's also the only one I can actually remember.

I believe Mine is nude; if not, Elezibethele will forcibly rip his clothes off. "Now, follow me to the kitchen. The temple slaves will prepare meals for me, Azurelle, Percival, Mine, Azurelle's triplets, Eericka and some of the guards. You will receive the scraps of the meal, everything which was not already eaten." Elezibethele will walk through more corridors and hallways to the kitchen. She won't even check to see if the others are following her, though if they're more than a certain distance away when she arrives they'll likely be punished.

Temple of Dalachrech- Azurelle

"Now I will show you to where you will sleep. Unless, obviously, I request your presence elsewhere." Azurelle will walk to one of the walls and press a hidden button, being careful not to reveal exactly where the button is. Beyond is a small, dark room with no windows or other light sources. The room is decorated with two manacles set into the wall and a thin layer of straw. One of the manacles has had another pair of manacles, these more like primitive handcuffs, locked into it. Do you understand what I mean there?
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hamlet

(Lemme see... There's gunshots, the villagers go outside, and the first thing they see is a stranger (Fade) walking into town, the gate torn off the hinges, and the two town guards dead. That's some pretty compelling evidence that Fade murdered the guards.)

That forcefield might be broken quite quickly, as one of the villagers hurls some kind of purple-green energy bolt at Fade, an energy bolt that disrupts any magic, including barriers and forcefields, it strikes. Another villagers spits a globe of fire into his hand, like a cat hacking up a hairball, and hurls the fireball at Fade seconds later, while the man with the rifle fires again.

Turiel will have his pick of prey, as several people are already beginning to break away from the crowd and run back to the houses, including a woman who's skin seems to be emitting some sort of quite visible, orange-ish radiation, a man with very sharp looking, pointed tusks extending from his lower jaw, and the villager with the glowing eyes who spotted Turiel before, who seems to be looking for the invisible assassin.

Court of Chaos

The Holder's pet grants no mercy. It begins to squeeze S'Kanthos, tiny little razor sharp thorns quite likely biting into his flesh as he's constricted, the horror-beast trying to crush bones and organs. It won't kill him though. Oh no. Death would be mercy compared to the eternity of agony it was sent to secure for S'Kanthos, and it will stop just short of destroying any vitals or snapping his ribcage as it lowers him into the pit, planning to feed upon the unfortunate Seeker.

River

"Yeah. Wait, see, and do your best is the only thing anyone can do against something like this..." Jasper props himself up on one elbow, so that he's face to face with Legion. "And if anyone can find a way to stop the Objects from ruining everything, well, you're certainly the best candidate for the job."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courts of Chaos]

His irises are replaced with an ever-shifting maze, and the same appears under his skin, as he's drawn into the pit.

8. - Top - End - #188

Temple of Dalechrech - Sir Percy

He can smile, it just happens with less frequency than other people.

Percival nods. "Yes. I'm not certain I'll ever die, and my limbs can move just fine on their own. Maybe even my head." He shakes his head. "Not that I want to try beheading, but you get the idea."

River

"You think that much of me?" Legion asks, leaning forward a little. The Lady smiles at Jasper appreciatively. . She seems genuinely touched. "Thanks. I will try. But I don't mind some help."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-10-04 at 06:07 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #189

Court of Chaos

The cocoon of tendrils will unravel slightly, freeing S'Kanthos's head, at which point he will find himself staring directly into the beast's one hundred eyes, each one as grey and sightless as the next, reflecting nothing but sheer, unrestrained malice for all that ever was and will ever be. Acidic drool drips from it's thousand-toothed maw, each fanged sharp, blood-stained and serrated, like row upon row of rusty knives, and it's breath is as foul as the plague. With lightning speed, it tries to skewer S'Kanthos with it's mandibles, tries to drive the four razor sharp feelers into his flesh. It isn't a killing strike, but if it works the wounds it inflicts will be in no way minor.

River

"'course I do, Mary. You're one of the bravest people I know... And definitely the prettiest." Jasper says, reaching out to affectionately trail a finger across her cheek. He is, of course, more than a little blind to her faults. Like being obsessed with eldritch artifacts that inevitably turn their Seekers into horrible monsters, either figuratively or literally. But love will do that to a person.

10. - Top - End - #190

River

Maybe they can go insane together!

Which, if you think about how Mary's pulling Jasper into this, is all the more terrible.

The Lady tries to lean forward and give him a quick kiss, blushing a little bit at all the compliments. "Thanks. I like those things about you, too." She manages a smirk. "Though less the pretty part."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

[CoC]

(Given what he's dealing with, it seems an appropriate shortening. )

It does succeed.

But, there's probably going to be a price. Those lines under his skin are rapidly building a 'charge', and should actually do something next post.

12. - Top - End - #192

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    ((Sorry I missed this!))

The battle starts when the girl in green blows into her lantern.

A great gout of blue flame comes out, trying to surround and immolate Fade. This supernatural fire does not hurt her allies, but does obscure them. When the fire fades, the three other trolls are around him; the purlple man to his left, the orange one to his right, and the other girl directly ahead of him.

He had better do something, because trolls are not known for their mercy. They are known for being distinctly unmerciful.
    Devan Mountain

When the flames come closer the giant shadow disapears becoming a normal shadow again. At the moment the flames have surrounded Fade he falls into his shadow fleeing to his inner plane. The shadow moves to cover the ground under the troll girl with the Lantern. If nothing stops him here he will jump out behind her and try to slash against her shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Hamlet

(Lemme see... There's gunshots, the villagers go outside, and the first thing they see is a stranger (Fade) walking into town, the gate torn off the hinges, and the two town guards dead. That's some pretty compelling evidence that Fade murdered the guards.)

That forcefield might be broken quite quickly, as one of the villagers hurls some kind of purple-green energy bolt at Fade, an energy bolt that disrupts any magic, including barriers and forcefields, it strikes. Another villagers spits a globe of fire into his hand, like a cat hacking up a hairball, and hurls the fireball at Fade seconds later, while the man with the rifle fires again.

Turiel will have his pick of prey, as several people are already beginning to break away from the crowd and run back to the houses, including a woman who's skin seems to be emitting some sort of quite visible, orange-ish radiation, a man with very sharp looking, pointed tusks extending from his lower jaw, and the villager with the glowing eyes who spotted Turiel before, who seems to be looking for the invisible assassin.
    Hamlet

((I'm more confused about the gunshot refering thing.))
    Well the purple-green energy bolt wouldn't even reach the shield, because Fade's shadow jumps into the line of fire with a blue glooming hand. The shadow (looking like Emily) hit's the blot with that hand and changing it's target to either the fireball throwing guy or another of the villagers if he's not possible. The gunshots are still blocked by the force wall, but the fireball just flies through it hitting Fade. When the fire is gone you see Fade one hand raised against the fireball and a strange cyrcle has appeared on his hand.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #193

[The Hamlet]

With his pick, Turiel will get the drop on the one with the eyes that spotted him.

A door of darkness transports the Shadow-bound Elf to right behind his target, the massive tome open as symbols seem to sprout from the ground. If not obstructed, or otherwise stopped up, they will envelop the See-er and transport him and Turiel into the forest nearby, still bound.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Pixie in the Playground

[EtherAin Manor]

Quinn arrives at the Manor, unless he was stopped along the way.
    Last edited by ZarethG; 2011-10-05 at 08:40 AM.
    Awesome Faerie by Ceika

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false. This sentence is false. I'm lying.

Yay paradoxes!

"Pieces of music are vegetables for your brain."

15. - Top - End - #195

EtherAin Manor

Molodai arrives here at about the same time, tromping through the forest on her new double-jointed legs. She looks at the manor with wonder - heck, she'd look at it with wonder if it were a run-down shack - and approaches the entrance.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Devan Mountain

When the flames come closer the giant shadow disapears becoming a normal shadow again. At the moment the flames have surrounded Fade he falls into his shadow fleeing to his inner plane. The shadow moves to cover the ground under the troll girl with the Lantern. If nothing stops him here he will jump out behind her and try to slash against her shadow.
    I'm not sure how literal or damaging that is, but Fade will find that the lantern girl does not have a shadow. This implies that she is undead or some such other nonsense. The other three trolls notice Fade quickly, but only the lantern troll gets to attack. She swings her lantern, spinning around. Green fire spews forth, creating a ring of flames around her.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Pixie in the Playground

[EtherAin Manor]

Quinn turns and notices Molodai.

"Hello! Are you here for the woven mercenary job, too? What're we doing, anyway? My name's Quinn! What's your name? Wow, your legs are double jointed. That's awesome! You must be a great gymnast! How'd your legs get like that? Can you talk? You're awfully quiet."

Quinn will probably keep babbling incessantly unless stopped or if something happens. During this time, he's flitting around, trying to soak up every aspect of everything he can see.

...He's kind of irritating.
    Last edited by ZarethG; 2011-10-05 at 05:37 PM.
    Awesome Faerie by Ceika

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false. This sentence is false. I'm lying.

Yay paradoxes!

"Pieces of music are vegetables for your brain."

18. - Top - End - #198

River

Jasper grins, finding Legion's blushing rather amusing. For a godling who hunts ancient artifacts of DOOOM for fun, she's rather shy. "Really? You really don't think I'm handsome? How could you ever say such horrible things?" He says, acting hurt, before kissing her lightly on the cheek.

Court of Chaos

It's a good thing the charge will only take one post to build, because one post is about how long S'Kanthos has left, unless he does something soon.

The rest of the threads holding the winged serpent unravel, leaving S'Kanthos suspended in the air by the beast's pincers, held in such a way that any escape attempt would likely end up bisecting him. Unless he does something unexpected.

Taking it's time, playing with it's helpless prey now, the giant centipede-beast begins to slowly lower S'Kanthos into the abyss of teeth and acidic blood that is it's monstrous jaws. It's probably the end for the unlucky Seeker. Unless he does something drastic.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courts of Chaos]

You mean like the lines under his skin turning into pure Chaos, likely completely disintegrating anything they touch?

20. - Top - End - #200

Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    [EtherAin Manor]

Quinn arrives at the Manor, unless he was stopped along the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    EtherAin Manor

Molodai arrives here at about the same time, tromping through the forest on her new double-jointed legs. She looks at the manor with wonder - heck, she'd look at it with wonder if it were a run-down shack - and approaches the entrance.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    [EtherAin Manor]

Quinn turns and notices Molodai.

"Hello! Are you here for the woven mercenary job, too? What're we doing, anyway? My name's Quinn! What's your name? Wow, your legs are double jointed. That's awesome! You must be a great gymnast! How'd your legs get like that? Can you talk? You're awfully quiet."

Quinn will probably keep babbling incessantly unless stopped or if something happens. During this time, he's flitting around, trying to soak up every aspect of everything he can see.

...He's kind of irritating.
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherAin Manor Description
    One was tall and made of pure white, with ivies and beautiful plants surrounding it. The roof was a crimson stain against the white, and the grand doorways a brown blotch. The gardens that surround it are segmented into pathways, winding through the many different styles of flowers, from the large bushes and shrubs to the most delicate deliahs.

The outer gates are armoured, with massive plates holding the wall. The small arrow slits all around the walls mark a manor house that is well equiped for a seige, add onto that the small sheds of weaponry and the massive library attatched, and it completes the scholarly battle-house look.
    The Great Oaken Outer gates seem to be in the road... Knocking could be good.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

{Caravan}

Caroline, not yet afflicted by Multiple Personalities, is waitng for something to happen. She taps her foot impatiently.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

22. - Top - End - #202
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Caravan]

Ashley's player smacks himself for forgetting this plot, and the illusionist is whistling a little as she waits.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caravan]

When last I saw this, they were moving to hire a ship, and escorts, and I was waiting for everyone to react to Mare Infinitum.

So if everyone agrees, then they can be on the ship, heading for some sort of massive floating archway.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

{Caravan}

I agree.

And so does everyone else.... or there will be pain! Kidding! In case you wasn't sure.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-10-05 at 09:13 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caravan]

Go under it! Under the archway, not into it!
    Vincent is there, totally not paying attention to that particular detail. No, he's looking around the ship for random hidden items, checking in the most blatant places.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Caravan]

I agree, in the interest of my nose not being broken.

Ashley doesn't visibly react to the huge archway. She is somewhat curious about Vincent looking for hidden items, though.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caravan]

Yes. Under the archway. Sailing into a farcaster would be bad.

There's a flechette pistol, if Vincent thinks to look under someone's bed.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

{Caravan}

Caroline notices Ashley watching Vincent search for hidden items. He always does that. she says quietly. What's strange is when he actually finds something. She then shrugs her shoulders and walks over to him. Find anything useful?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caravan]

"Just a gun. Which is odd, cause I don't think we have any gun using characters yet. Maybe we missed a secret character somewhere? Surprising lack of potions too." There's usually a potion or two in a plant or bookcase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caravan]

No potions. Though there is an old, but well stocked, medkit in a locker.