New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 4

This is a thread for plots not large enough to need a separate thread, or locations that don't fit anywhere else. If you'd like a location permanently indexed in the first post, PM me.

Longer lasting or more serious plots might fit better in the Srs Plots thread 2. Lulzy plots go here. If you aren't sure which thread fits your plot best, then just pick whichever one is less busy at the time.

Rules:
    1. Use [Location Tags] or [Plot Tags] on your posts.
    2. Each Location or Plot is under the control of its creator.
    3. Play nice.

Archives:
    Random Places and Plots 1
    Random Places and Plots 2
    Random Places and Plots 3
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 4

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    [Dragon's Lair]

"Oh, lots of things. I can walk on my hands, for instance." It was hard to speak with that weight pushing on him, but he still managed the snarky line. "But, I can track him down. Lure him into an ambush. Lotsa stuff. I'll be running into him again real soon anyway. And with me, so will you."
    With one last snarl, the dragon, who is named Toraxanaylus, releases Greg. "Take me to him right now. I want him dead!" Seems she isn't interested in setting up an ambush.

Even as they speak, Karylyanna enters the hoard chamber clutching her bleeding head. She snarls at Greg, managing to look intimidating despite her human appearance.

Greg might want to start emptying his pockets.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Greg quickly upends his pockets, dumping the pilfered treasure. "Ah, hello. Sleep well?" He offers with a sheepish, worried smile as he gets the last of it dumped out. "Well, let's not waste any time. We need to get after him."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon's Lair]

Karyl, without any comment, marches right over to Greg and tries to slap him across the face. She puts a touch of her draconic strength behind it. Hopefully she doesn't loosen a tooth, because that is a hell of a slap.

"You bastard! I should throw you off the side of the mountain!" A lick of flame escapes her lips.

Her sister is already moving toward the way out of the cave. No doubt Greg will be brought along shortly.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

[Dragon's Lair]

The slap almost knocks him off his feet and causes blood to spurt from his lip. He straightens and coolly wipes it away. "You might have to get in line for that one. She might want the first go." He points her departing sister. "Well, I'd love to chat, but I've got to get after her. Das vidanya!"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon's Lair]

Karyl tries to grab him by the back of his shirt and toss him after Tora. "You stupid son of a bitch. I'm coming with you. Now get moving!" Tora is moving at a quick pass, likely as fast as Greg can run. He might get the feeling that he should match that pace, based on Karyl's expression.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

[Dragon's Lair]

Greg moves after he, running at a breakneck pace. It just occurred to me that Dipsnig is probably going to be furious about this. What the heck happened to Esther, anyway?
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2011-09-27 at 08:56 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon's Lair -> Out]

Once they're outside Karyl shifts into her dragon form. She is more lithe then her sister, and lacks the gold in her scales. Just red for her.

"Get on my back or I'll let Toraxanaylus carry you in her claws." She hisses.

"Which way!" Tora demands.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

[Dragon's Lair -> Out]

Greg clambers onto Karyl's back. "They went that a way, Sheriff." He points the way to WATCHTOWER. "This guy went straight home to his base, a fortress called WATCHTOWER. Should be easy for you guys to stomp."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon's Lair -> Out]

Karyl's not so big that Greg can't get some kind of grip around her neck. It's not a good grip, and Karyl isn't actively trying to stop him from plummeting to his death, but he should be able to hold on.

"I know of it." And that's all Tora says before taking off toward Watch. Her sister follows right behind.

((I'll post Watch as soon as we get the plotclone silliness sorted out with Harnel and undoubtedly SC as well. Harnel definitely won't be able to get back here in time to stop them though, or even know that they left. He'll have to talk to yet another angry dragon most likely. ))

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

((Right. We should also maybe ask Watchtower if they mind a bunch of big angry dragons showing up on their doorstep. Don't want to disrupt anything already in progress.))

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon's Lair]

Harnel says to the air, "Thank you, Libra," knowing that the oni is watching. Assuming this is the exit he left from earlier, he'll go inside towards the treasure pile, with the intent of putting the half-dragon egg back into the nest.

Part of Harnel also wonders where exactly Esther got off to. Does anything stop him on his way in?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon's Lair]

Harnel might notice a number of wasps around. Some went with Greg as well, though they weren't mentioned do to forgetfulness.

Of course, he might be too distracted by the fact that there's an earthquake when he arrives. A rock falls from the mountainside nearby, and it lands pretty close. It's not an earthquake, however. Though, he might wish is was. Just behind him is the massive dragon they saw leave the mountain before. She loks down at Harnel a moment, surprised at his sudden appearance.

Then very suddenly, rather than a dragon, there's a kindly looking woman standing before him. She has a more dignified air about her than Karyl did, though she's just as beautiful. She wears a very conservative dress and her hair is piled atop her head in a complex style.

"Can I help you, dear?" She asks, her voice as warm as her expression. That is, until she catches sight of the egg. All warmth fades from her face. Better explain quick, Harnel.

Also, I've been informed that the egg has continued to hatch, Libra's influence over it ending.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-09-28 at 07:35 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon's Lair]

Harnel will angle the egg so that first thing the baby sees will be what is likely its grandmother.

"Due to circumstances regarding a ritual I'm taking part in, I needed to take an egg briefly from the nest inside. The type of egg didn't really matter, but it had to be a dragon egg; or half-dragon, as the case seems to be. Regardless, I'm attempting to return to the child to its family before it hatches fully. The child hasn't been harmed in any way; all that happened was I had to prove my ability to obtain one." He says worriedly

"Frankly, I know this looks bad, but I have a very good reason for it all. See, a god set down a list of challenges for me to accomplish. One of them was obtaining a dragon's egg, which I did. If I accomplish all the tasks, I can become a true dragon myself, but I'm allowed to return up to three of the items I have to collect; this one was an obvious choice to return."

It's not that much of an exaggeration to put Libra down as a god. Harnel knows that technically anything of a higher power can be referred to as such.
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-09-28 at 07:48 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    "A couple of them. Why?"
    Repost for Mindfreak; Elena had just asked if any of the old colonies were nearby.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon's Lair]

The dragon, Kaflixorothos, does not look any happier about this situation after the explanation. "Do you not have a brain between your ears, you damned fool? I should kill you where you stand and do the world a favour."

She kneels down beside the hatching half dragon, all traces of anger wiped from her face instantly. "Come on, little one. Just a little bit more." She coos. The little half dragon is almost out now. If Harnel looks he'll see that it's a girl.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon's Lair]

"Frankly, I find it better to be honest and up front about this sort of thing to the person in control than it is to lie to them and have them find out later. If I'm honest, there's at least a chance I won't be eviscerated."

Harnel actually avoids looking. He's keeping his attention focused on the dragon in front of him, "Besides, it can't hurt to have another ally in the area. The Nexus can be a dangerous place, even for dragons."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon's Lair]

Kafli doesn't reply to Harnel. She just continues coxing the baby out of her egg. After a moment she gently picks up the girl. The baby has the red and gold scales of her mother. Her hands and feet are clawed and she has black hair and yellow eyes. Her face is not draconic and her ears are pointed.

The dragon stands up to look at Harnel again. "You think I would consider someone who kidnapped a member of my family an ally? Maybe if you had done it for a good reason, and it would have to be very good, but you did it for your own greed or lust for power." She sounds down right venomous.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon's Lair]

"Fine then," Harnel says, "Know this then; if you hear from me again, it will be because you embroiled yourself in something I'm doing, not because I've sought you out. Goodbye."

At this point Harnel is going to attempt to take wing and fly away.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon's Lair]

"Not just yet, half human." There's a definitely threat in Kafli's voice. "You are going to explain yourself to the child's mother before I let you go. She was hurt most by this after all."

The baby starts crying after she finishes this statement. Kafli begins rocking her slowly, whispering comforting words in draconic.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon's Lair]

Harnel got as far as stretching his wings out. "She's speaking with my wife right now. She knows her child has been returned safe from harm. Now, I'm going to go to my wife and your daughters." And this time he will take off, flying in the direction of WATCH

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon's Lair]

Kafli narrows her eyes at Harnel, but she couldn't pursue him even if she wanted to. She has a crying child to attend to. Soon after he leaves she takes the baby back inside to wait.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground

"A couple of them. Why?"
    And out of the boat she hops!
    "Let's go check them out!"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

[River Tethys]

Splash!

She just jumped into the river.

Tirin jumps in after her.

25. - Top - End - #25

[River Tethys]

Splash!

She just jumped into the river.

Tirin jumps in after her.
    River Tethys
    What the heck are you talking about? There's land near, isn't there?
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

[River Tethys]

Not unless she jumped around twenty-five feet. They're in the middle of the river, not near a bank.

27. - Top - End - #27

[River Tethys]

Not unless she jumped around twenty-five feet. They're in the middle of the river, not near a bank.
    River Tethys
    You really under-estimate her skills at jumping. Depending on her angle since she's physically fit, she'd be able to clear at least 11 feet to my knowledge.
    However, she begins swimming towards the bank. She's a strong swimmer.
    "Tirin! Pull the boat over!"
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

[River Tethys]

((Okay. But, the bank is farther than that. As I said, it's twenty-five feet off. Besides, she doesn't know where it is, because of the fog. Though she can get a rough direction by the fact that they're moving just fine, rather than slamming into one of them, and therefore it must be to the left and right.))

Tirin will pull the boat over, making sure that she's not in the way when he does so.

29. - Top - End - #29

[River Tethys]

((Okay. But, the bank is farther than that. As I said, it's twenty-five feet off. Besides, she doesn't know where it is, because of the fog. Though she can get a rough direction by the fact that they're moving just fine, rather than slamming into one of them, and therefore it must be to the left and right.))

Tirin will pull the boat over, making sure that she's not in the way when he does so.
    She clambers onto the bank. "So where is the closest one?"
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

[River Tethys]

Tirin hops out, onto the bank near her.

"Follow me."

Unless something comes up, he'll lead her to the nearest colony.