New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 4

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [MC]

"This was delicious! Thank you so much."
    Jamie's smile is broad and genuine.
    ...and then she burps.
    Abigail gives Jamie a look at the burp... but Nanoha doesn't seem too worried, starting to clean up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Wenomir... manages to restrain himself from blinking in surprise. "Fast" isn't the word he'd use to describe their relationship. "Slow" and "awkward" would be his first choices, which is the whole reason he took her here in the first place. Sadly, waiting three more years is not in his general plans.
    I'm sorry... I thought you'd expect that, he says, trying to softly brush KR's hair as inside, he feels increasingly helpless. Is there anything he can do to make it all work? I just wanted to show you that I love you.
    [Cottage]

Hair is stroked! It's actually getting longer. She doesn't wear it in spikes anymore.
    "You don't need to show me. I know that already.
    "And... I suppose I never really thought of it. I guess I always thought of it as something other people did."

Clearly he needs to max out her Influence meter a little more. Or maybe there's a sidequest he hasn't done yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Titan in the Playground

[Cottage]

Now, I realize Wenomir's not the most expressive person around, but comparing him to a Dragon Age protagonist is a bit harsh.
    Either way, he continues stroking KR's hair, trying to ease her into feeling a bit more comfortable.
    I know what you mean. I used to feel the same way. You changed that, I guess. I just thought... we've been together for a year now, but we've been a bit... stiff and awkward around each other all this time. I hoped that here, we'd manage to relax and let loose a little.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-01-28 at 08:31 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Bugbear in the Playground

Swamp of Not-Quite-Sanity

Well, that's disappointing. There doesn't appear to be anything special about the knife at all! Still, there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it either, so Nimrod tucks the newly acquired dagger in his belt, deciding against stowing it in the thinking hat for reasons he probably couldn't explain. "See? Hy told hyu dere would be treasure!"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Orc in the Playground

There's still two doors and three boxes to examine. What do our intrepid adventurers do? Also several sacks of flour, but they're boring. One's leaking, and another got kicked.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ogre in the Playground

[Swamp of Not-Quite-Sanity]

Jasmine grins. Treasure almost makes the horrible discomfort and lingering pain worth it...
    Anyway, she wastes no time in examining another box, eager to find more. A cuirass to match the rest would be great.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Despair continues to keep a lookout, though he's somewhat happy with his new weapon.

He's not going to stoop over and look into a box. Nevermind that he's physically incapable of stooping...

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cottage]

Now, I realize Wenomir's not the most expressive person around, but comparing him to a Dragon Age protagonist is a bit harsh.
    Either way, he continues stroking KR's hair, trying to ease her into feeling a bit more comfortable.
    I know what you mean. I used to feel the same way. You changed that, I guess. I just thought... we've been together for a year now, but we've been a bit... stiff and awkward around each other all this time. I hoped that here, we'd manage to relax and let loose a little.
    [Cottage]

I am a harsh person.
    "I... want to. I really do." Whispers KR, still clinging to Wenomir.
    "But it's so hard difficult."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-02-01 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Dammit, Happy... >.<

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Titan in the Playground

[Cottage]

Wenomir gives KR a gentle squeeze as he whispers back in a reassuring tone. This conversation is really unlike what the two of them usually show the world.
    I know. It's alright. I should have thought about it more. But I want to help you with it in any way I can.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Rahona looks quite confusedly at the Delletal.

"Wouldn' it be a lot easier ta just shoo it out? If ya drown it, ya'll just have a corpse ta lie around an' attract more animals."

Pausing for a few seconds, she adds.

"Oh, and that sounds really cruel."

"Easier? Perhaps. But some of the other groups could control, and become, animals, and we have no way to know if they survived. Besides, we do move the corpses out, once they die.

As for your concern that it's cruel... It may be. But no worse than what would be done to us if we weren't cautious."

Harin, meanwhile, frowns, and crouches down next to it, speaking quickly and softly in a language resembling Gaelic.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 4

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

"Easier? Perhaps. But some of the other groups could control, and become, animals, and we have no way to know if they survived. Besides, we do move the corpses out, once they die.

As for your concern that it's cruel... It may be. But no worse than what would be done to us if we weren't cautious."

Harin, meanwhile, frowns, and crouches down next to it, speaking quickly and softly in a language resembling Gaelic.
    [Harin's Universe]

Rahona gives her a sceptical glance.

"Wouldn' they know y'all could do that and just... Do sumthing else? For all ya know, they coulda just gotten the power Harin's got."

Looking past their misty friend, she looks at Harin as he speaks to the animal.

"Speaking off, whatcha doing?"

The last line is spoken as she walks toward Harin, trying to recognise the language. It obviously sounds akin to something she know, but outside the Nexus' translation effect, it's a miracle her and Harin are still speaking the same language in the first place.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    [Harin's Universe]

Rahona gives her a sceptical glance.

"Wouldn' they know y'all could do that and just... Do sumthing else? For all ya know, they coulda just gotten the power Harin's got."

Looking past their misty friend, she looks at Harin as he speaks to the animal.

"Speaking off, whatcha doing?"

The last line is spoken as she walks toward Harin, trying to recognise the language. It obviously sounds akin to something she know, but outside the Nexus' translation effect, it's a miracle her and Harin are still speaking the same language in the first place.
    "They know that nothing returns from here, unless it passes in such large numbers that we cannot kill them all when they are entering and leaving, but no more. And if we were to let things through, they would learn of that, and know they could come through if they wished."

The bird-girl will likely be unable to tell exactly what language Harin is speaking; while it shares certain structures with Gaelic, it's specific to the Ceochain, generally, though it's possible she ran into another one of them on one of her (presumably many) adventures, and they taught her at least enough to know what it is.

In any case, right around the time she speaks, a cloud of mist flows out of the Deerrat's mouth, and its breathing eases considerably.

"Acquiring a test subject. After all, it's an animal and we need one, so I don't see any reason it can't be used..."

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cottage]

Wenomir gives KR a gentle squeeze as he whispers back in a reassuring tone. This conversation is really unlike what the two of them usually show the world.
    I know. It's alright. I should have thought about it more. But I want to help you with it in any way I can.
    [Cottage]

"I'm just so unused to... feeling things. I got so comfortable hiding my emotions, that even something as simple as smiling was harder than running a marathon. But it was worth it, just to see you smile back."
    Also, sand is coarse and rough and irritating, and gets everywhere. I need to go tear my eyes out.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Titan in the Playground

[Cottage]

Now, now. Let's not compare anyone here to Hayden Christensen and Lucas' writing. I like to think none of us ever gets this bad.
    Wenomir smiles. KR is one of the few people who can get him to do it. And it's a geniune smile, too, not the humourless kind he shows when he's about to hurt someone.
    Mhmm. It does seem easier to... not feel things. Bottle them up. But then you find out it's not worth it after all. Like we did. The two apocalypse stoppers who suddenly found out there's more to life than hurting people.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-02-05 at 05:59 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1155

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post

There's still two doors and three boxes to examine. What do our intrepid adventurers do? Also several sacks of flour, but they're boring. One's leaking, and another got kicked.
    Nimrod will gleefully continue to loot anything Jasmine or Despair don't get to first, just kicking in the boxes rather than waste time stooping down and opening them. After all, violently obtained treasure is the best treasure.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Orc in the Playground

Jasmine does not find a cuirass. She does, however, find a silver breastplate and a matching backplate. Both have been crafted to be comfortable for the female figure without having rounded protuberances that prevent blades from being deflected properly.

Despair might see the trap Nimrod triggered with his wild destruction- it's a spiked ball on the end of a chain, aimed at the jagermonster's back.

Nimrod finds a trap, as mentioned above, and also a simple bronze ring set with a piece of cheap glass.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Oh. That's bad.

Despair breaks into a sprint, grabbing the round Targe off of his back and attempting to leap into the way of the trap. It will probably hurt, but Despair can survive something like that, especially with a shield protecting him.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ogre in the Playground

Jasmine is in no way paying attention to her surroundings right now. She even disregards Nimrod's rampaging when she realizes it's just his. Thus, the trap triggering and Despair's resulting action aren't seen as she peers at the breastplate. Hrm, she's going to need help with this, and hopefully it won't be too heavy for her to wear effectively.

She'll be turning around to ask for help just in time to see the result of the trap being triggered.

19. - Top - End - #1159

Nimrod hears the rush of air as the spiked pendulum falls, turning just in time to see it hurtling towards him and starting to dive for the floor. He's not quite fast enough though, so if Despair doesn't manage to stop the mace all he'll achieve is getting slammed in the gut.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 4

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    "They know that nothing returns from here, unless it passes in such large numbers that we cannot kill them all when they are entering and leaving, but no more. And if we were to let things through, they would learn of that, and know they could come through if they wished."

The bird-girl will likely be unable to tell exactly what language Harin is speaking; while it shares certain structures with Gaelic, it's specific to the Ceochain, generally, though it's possible she ran into another one of them on one of her (presumably many) adventures, and they taught her at least enough to know what it is.

In any case, right around the time she speaks, a cloud of mist flows out of the Deerrat's mouth, and its breathing eases considerably.

"Acquiring a test subject. After all, it's an animal and we need one, so I don't see any reason it can't be used..."
    Rahona begins activating and calibrating her Timegun while responding.

"Ya sure they won't find a way past? Stalemates never lasted long'n All."

Aiming at the Deerrat, she continues after softly whispering to the poor confused thing. It might be a test subject, but the Bird Girl sees no reason to frighten it more than time travel will.

"'Course, time was not always the problem for us. Ready?"

The last part is aimed at Harin, an adventurous tone in her voice.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Orc in the Playground

Despair is hit by the spiked flail. It's got a fair bit of force behind it, and isn't magical. It may knock Despair backwards slightly, but since he can't fall over it shouldn't be too bad.

Jasmine will find that the breastplate and backplate don't weigh very much, despite feeling very hard and strong. Clearly, it's magically light enough to be worn easily.

Nimrod probably isn't hit by the flail, but he might be hit by Despair.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cottage]

Now, now. Let's not compare anyone here to Hayden Christensen and Lucas' writing. I like to think none of us ever gets this bad.
    Wenomir smiles. KR is one of the few people who can get him to do it. And it's a geniune smile, too, not the humourless kind he shows when he's about to hurt someone.
    Mhmm. It does seem easier to... not feel things. Bottle them up. But then you find out it's not worth it after all. Like we did. The two apocalypse stoppers who suddenly found out there's more to life than hurting people.
    [Cottage]

KR laughs out loud at that, finally giving her player something to type that isn't just pure dialogue or OoC crapping all over anything and everything she does. He tone quickly becomes more sober though.
    "Yes. I don't want to have to bottle everything up any more. But it's still difficult for me. I don't know if I can do it."
    Said the god-slayer slaying badass who's never backed down from anything.
    HINT.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Titan in the Playground

[Cottage]

I'm here to help. One step at a time... just go with what you feel is right. With that, Wenomir tries to kiss KR gently again.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cottage]

"I know you are." Says KR, before diving in for the kiss! Gentle at first, but deepening rather considerably, as KR starts to shift into a more 'comfortable' position, by which I mean she goes from leaning at his side to straddling one leg.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Titan in the Playground

[Cottage]

Wenomir doesn't mind that one bit, that's for sure. He keeps kissing KR and wraps his arms firmly around her - one around her shoulders and the other around her midriff.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-02-11 at 12:34 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cottage]

So. Kissing. Howabout that, huh? That's pretty neat. And ongoing.
    Oh, and since Wenomir was kind enough to preemptively remove his shirt, there's some roaming of the hands and stuff too. Gee, that's a lot of scars. So... very... many... scars... O_O
    And then KR awkwardly tried to remove her own shirt. -_-

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Titan in the Playground

[Cottage]

Wenomir, helpful as always and noticing KR's awkwardness, will try to help with the shirt removal. Needless to say, the roaming of the hands doesn't really bother him. And yes, that is a lot of scars.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ogre in the Playground

[College]

Yes, well, a sofa is not one of the most spacious pieces of furniture around, at least, not where having two bodies on it at once is concerned. And they're all smushed up together on it see, so removing a shirt suddenly goes from a simple task to one involving tangling limbs and elbows jabbing into unfortunate places and other such things.
    There's also the fact that being willing does not automatically equal being skilled and KR has only the barest idea of what curtaining entails and pretty soon all this combined awkwardness will hit Critical Awkwardness Mass and collapse under its own gravity and form a singularity of Awkwardness which will draw even more Awkwardness towards it until it grows and consumes the entire Nexus under a wave of pure awkwardness!/maycontaintraceamountsofsensationalism

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

...And now, we interrupt your gratuitous Wenomir/KR fanservice for a special broadcast!

Ouch.

Thankfully, as mentioned, Despair doesn't fall over, but his shield happens to be mundane and made of wood. Under the sheer concentrated force of the trap, of course, Despair's targe snaps in half despite its thickness, with a resounding *CRACK!*

Because Despair leaped to intercept the trap, his feet were disconnected from the ground, preventing him from taking a strong position to resist being thrown backward. On the bright side, his lateral motion prevents him from being knocked back directly into Nimrod: He ends up flying in a new direction, combining the vectors of his leap and the force of the swinging trap, likely taking the spiked ball on a chain with him.

In any case, while someone in his position should by all rights be sprawled on the floor about now, he's still standing. He's looking very miffed about his broken family shield, but he seems to be mostly okay.

...Well, that spiked-ball-shaped dent in his cuirass looks kinda bad, I guess.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Titan in the Playground

[Cottage]

The sofa is pretty large and comfortable - the cottage's purpose is romantic getaways, so the people who rent it have a very good idea about what it's likely to be used for.
    Lack of practical experience nonwithstanding, Wenomir knows more about what curtaining entails, having grown up in a village, where prudishness doesn't last long. So he'll try to ease KR's awkwardness again on the way to drawing the curtain. The thought to suggest retiring to the bedroom doesn't really occur to him. He's got other things on his mind. *cough*
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-02-13 at 04:06 PM.