New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 4

[Swamp of Not-Quite-Sanity]

((Sorry for taking so long. Somehow i kept forgetting.))

Jasmine's eyes widen as she sees the trap do it's work. Oh damn oh damn oh damn. "Despair, Nimrod, are you okay?" She hurries over to them.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Cottage]

The sofa is pretty large and comfortable - the cottage's purpose is romantic getaways, so the people who rent it have a very good idea about what it's likely to be used for.
    Lack of practical experience nonwithstanding, Wenomir knows more about what curtaining entails, having grown up in a village, where prudishness doesn't last long. So he'll try to ease KR's awkwardness again on the way to drawing the curtain. The thought to suggest retiring to the bedroom doesn't really occur to him. He's got other things on his mind. *cough*
    [Cottage]

Hey, it's not gratuitous! It's a totally necessary and dramatic scene with no silly or overblown moments in it whatsoever!

Which is why the curtain gets drawn right now, without any further witty comment whatsoever. None at all. Nope. Nothing.
    Happy Valentines Day, people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

[Cottage]

And so, the curtain falls and likely stays there a while as Wenomir tries to make up for his lack of experience with, shall we say, enthusiasm. When it eventually rises, he'll be lying there, fairly exhausted and breathing heavily, but satisfied.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-02-14 at 09:43 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cottage]

Oh damn, now I gotta write what happens after too!? This was never part of my contract! Why would you do this to me? Why? WHY?
    THIS IS THE ROMANCE SCENE THAT NEVER ENDS.
    *ahem*

Enthusiasm was probably the word of the day for both of them, given that neither of them are super-talented succubi-drow-fey with magical curtaining abilities. Of course that lack of experiences comes with an advantage in that neither of them know exactly how terrible they are at it. =D
    (Said the narrator as if he knew a single damn thing of what the hell he's talking about).

So. KR's state? Probably much the same as Wenomir's, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Titan in the Playground

[Cottage]

Nexus needs some people who are bad at sex. Everyone else's curtains are always wonderful and magical it seems, even the first-time ones.
    Either way, after spending a while lying down with his mind in a soft pinky haze, he finally speaks up.
    That was... He seems at a loss for words. Amazing. He sighs contentedly.

((If you want to end this scene sooner, what's fine by me. Wenomir was going to suggest they move in together once they get back to Watch, though.))
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-02-14 at 06:34 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Dwarf in the Playground

Holowtinns Bank

A young woman steps into the bank. She is in the latest trends of clothing, wearing a tank top under a low-cut shirt or some other modern fashion thing. She has a notebook in her hand, and is looking around. She looks in her late teens or early twenties, but doesn't look terribly bright.

A demon in disguise? That is a silly notion.

Connie notes any obvious defenses of the bank. Might as well use this time as best as she can. She will recognize obvious magical runes, but not know what they do or know much about modern technology.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ogre in the Playground

[Holowtinns Bank]

The bank is fairly active. There are a fair few customers in the large building, most talking with the even more plentiful goblins lining the large, open space. There's no way there are any more rooms above ground. The lobby area encompasses the entire building.

The people that aren't talking to goblins are generally standing in the middle of the room on the large dragon inlay on the floor. A couple moments later and the whole thing smoothly moves downward and out of sight. I'll rise again soon.

As for magical and defenses, there's not a lot that's readily apparent. The lift that took the people down was definitely magical in nature, but without seeing it move one would think it's just part of the floor. There appear to be no guards, save for the numerous goblins at work.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Holowtinns Bank

Okay... let's go.

She walks over to one of the goblins at a desk who isn't busy.

"Hello," yes, her voice is disguised, "I am a student at PACK, and I am doing a research project on Nexus businesses! Can I ask someone some questions?"

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ogre in the Playground

[Holowtinns Bank]

"I'm sure I can answer any questions you have. Go ahead whenever you're ready." The business suit clad goblin replies.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Dwarf in the Playground

Holowtinns Bank

"Okay. So, The nexus is a crazy place, and I'm sure that people try to rob this place all the time... but you appear to have an A+ record on that sort of thing. What kind of security systems do you have for that?"

She will note down what the goblin says. Every detail could be useful!

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ogre in the Playground

[Holowtinns Bank]

The goblin proceeds to explain things! Not any more than your average customer would get, both from being told by the goblins and what they'd see going down into the tunnels.

This includes that there are staff on site all hours of the day (but not any specific numbers), a general idea of the extent of the tunnels (which are very large and extensive), the fact that the tunnels are most often pitch black save for guiding lanterns, the rail is suspended above the cavern floor, that the vaults can only be opened under specific circumstances that vary by vault depth, and that the security gets better the deeper you go.

Other details can be worked out and filled in OoC, but that's a good chunk of it.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Holowtinns Bank

She notes it down. A good, basic overview. Okay...

"That's very interesting! Who owns this place? What's the history? How does the management work?"

Yes. And another question after this, and no one will suspect anything.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ogre in the Playground

[Holowtinns Bank]

"The owner is none other than Mr. Holowtinn. He's here working today, but I'm afraid he's rather busy. This bank isn't the only Holowtinns. It's one of many spread across a number of dimensions. Most are managed by members of the Holowtinn family. Of course, he isn't the sole decision maker. There is a board."

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Dwarf in the Playground

Holowtinns Bank

"Okay. That makes sense."

Blast. That will complicate things immensely.

"Okay, one more question for today: how do you stay competitive against other banks in the area?"

This is really just something to help her cover, but it may pull up some useful information if she's lucky.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ogre in the Playground

[Holowtinns Bank]

"Because we're not strictly a bank. It'd be more accurate to say that we rent out vaults. You don't find many other similar establishments, and those that you do find usually don't have the scope and security we have. It does help that our prices are relatively low, and there are a number of different options to suit the needs over all our customers."

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Holowtinns Bank

She writes this down. Welp... what can be done?

"Thank you! If I think of any more questions, I'll come back and ask."

She turns around and leaves. This might put some kinks in the plan... At least the parts that involve a peaceful takeover.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Rahona begins activating and calibrating her Timegun while responding.

"Ya sure they won't find a way past? Stalemates never lasted long'n All."

Aiming at the Deerrat, she continues after softly whispering to the poor confused thing. It might be a test subject, but the Bird Girl sees no reason to frighten it more than time travel will.

"'Course, time was not always the problem for us. Ready?"

The last part is aimed at Harin, an adventurous tone in her voice.

"They haven't broken it yet,"
    Harin's sister points out. "And they're not exactly in a position to try... The last war nearly wiped out all of us, on both sides."

At Rahona's question to him, Harin grins, and nods, watching closely, apparently rather excited.

"I am. Let's see if it's safe to bring them forward."

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 4

[Harin's World]

Rahona takes aim and fires, the effects invisible until a flash of blue light should encompass the deerrat and drag it away from their time, leaving only the afterimage to be blinked away as the three onlookers' eyes recover from the flash.

Exactly seventeen seconds later, the deerrat should reappear in another flash and a strong gust of wind, exactly as it was before the experiment.

That is, if it works as on Rahona's world.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harin's World]

It does, surprisingly enough, given that so much else is different.

And, after trading grins with his sister, Harin extends a hand to the birdgirl for a high-five.

"Looks like it worked! You ready to go drag Asha forward three years so she's alive again?"

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Titan in the Playground

[Villainy on the Rise]

Ana is back at the Black Rock Hotel, in the room the group met in before. There are at least twenty pizza boxes littering the counter now, and those are just part of the massive pile of fast food and takeout that Ana seems to have bought up. Still, she's been neatly preparing most of the trash for compost or recycling. If she's going to conquer the world (eventually), she should at least make sure it's pretty when she manages it, and that means doing her part of the environment! You know, aside from the sheer damage to the ecosystem she'll inflict due to her absurd rate of consumption, but hey, gotta eat to live.

Right now, Ana is eating her way through a box of chicken, devouring bones and all without a care. There's no sign of any minions, but she's relaxing like her part of the job is done. Maybe she's just lazy.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Barbarian in the Playground

Villainy on the Rise

Ana may be receiving some company, as Merideth melds into the exterior wall of the Black Rock and ascends up the side of the hotel to the window of their room, passing through the glass and reforming from the carpeted floor and elegantly papered wall once she's inside.

The elemental raises a floral print eyebrow when she sees the organized clutter.

"You certainly have been busy. The material has been procured, and is safely stored in preparation for the next step. How did your efforts to find proper workers go?" Straight to the point.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Titan in the Playground

[Villainy on the Rise]

"Good, good. We got some people who will show up." Ana manages between bites. "Decent minion material. Will jump when you say jump, and end up sprawling all over the place when they come down."

Crack! Ana bites a chicken bone in half.

"You know where the other two are?"

23. - Top - End - #1193

Villainy on the Rise

"Not since we last split up. Getting the wood was easier than it first seemed, as the goblins guarding the tunnels were surprisingly cooperative, if rude." Merideth continues to peer around at the heaps of refuse, and then glides forward, shaking her head.

The boxes and containers will be pulled into her form and compressed, unless Ana has anything to say about it, replacing her current material with all of the assorted trash.

"Is there a receptacle I can deliver this to? I abhor a cluttered living space." Her voice drips and oozes with some unknown quality, a rather unpleasant sound.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Halfling in the Playground

Fettina's Suite --> Limo

After finally slapping deadtime silly, Tina leads Evan down to her limousine. He wanted to go meet her family, so she's dressed modestly, with a nice green sweater and a pair of white skinny jeans. Normal clothes, for once. She tosses her purse into the waiting hover-craft and slips inside. The interior is velvet, plush and firm, with an air of luxury and comfort. Various panels and small compartments hide waiting conveniences, including a mini-bar, a television, and what looks like a hot-tub all the way in the back. It's clear this isn't just a 'get around' car. The whole thing looks like it could hold a party all on it's own. Tina probably has smaller, simpler cars, she just wanted to show off.

"C'mon. Naitiri's firm set up shop around the hole back into my world, so we'll have to check in with them early, or we might be stuck there overnight." She crosses her legs and arches a thin brow at him. "If that matters."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 4

[Harin's World]

Rahona returns the high-five, having picked up on the gesture in about two weeks.

"Sure am! Gonna be quite a leap ta go back'n grab somebody from right under Old Sickleclaw's nose."

She says, forgetting that the two Mistborn probably don't know her world's euphemisms for Death.

Wait. Go back? She want to leap to a time and place where someone was blown to smithereens?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Dwarf in the Playground

Villainy on the Rise

Connie will step in the door. She has blonde hair now, as opposed to the brown she had before, but the face is definitely Connie's.

"I'm back. I don't have the best of news, but there's nothing that will, you know, wreck the plan horribly."

She will give a notebook to Ana, which will detail the information from her visit to Holowtinns. She sighs and sits down somewhere.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Titan in the Playground

[Villainy on the Rise]

"There's a trash compactor over there, and a bin for recycling." The villainess points out as Connie enters. She nods to the demon, then takes the notepad, munching on a biscuit as she reads through its contents. "Mmph, okay. Merry, whatcha think?" She asks, offering it to the elemental.

28. - Top - End - #1198

Villainy on the Rise

"One moment" Merideth will glide over to the compactor and deposits her load, reforming out of the floor again now that the trash is gone.

"I think we should readjust our plans, to account for repercussions from our target's extended family. Perhaps we could take Holowtinns as a long term hostage, although that brings dangers of its own. No matter what we decide on, we should be prepared for more opposition than first anticipated." Merideth frowns slightly, wrinkling her carpeted face in thought.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

[Limo]

"It's not like I have anywhere else to be tomorrow," Evan says, shrugging. He's wearing a nice pair of black jeans and a black tee shirt under a denim jacket. He's as human as he can get at the moment, so the only demonic traits he's showing are his horns, eyes, and skin.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Halfling in the Playground

Limo

Tina smirks a little clearly, pleased. "It's nice, having you to myself. Need to get you briefed for the job anyway." She raises a fist and raps on the window behind her, signaling for the driver to move. He takes off down the street at a good pace. "Did you say you've done security before, or will we need to teach?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters