New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 4

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    "I imagine you have questions for me then. Go ahead and I'll see how well I can answer." Evan says. He doesn't comment on Naitiri's opinion of Fettina. It was a bit of an exaggeration, but true enough. Not really enough to preclude someone from this sort of thing, though, in the half-demon's opinion.
    "Experience. In combat, giving orders - anything that seems relevant," Naitiri says, acting inviting for once rather than being so blunt.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clinic]

"That's pretty broad. To cover fighting ability, I know some conjuration and a good deal of how to defend myself, to say it modestly. If you want exact levels, I'm afraid I can't give that to you - All I've learned has been in actual fighting, rather than some academy somewhere," Evan says, "As for command, I did a stint as a mercenary, and I learned a lot of what I know regarding discipline and organization for a military operation from the commander. It's not a perfect knowledge mind you, it's not like I've been military my whole life, but i have a good working knowledge and most of it is common sense anyways."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Harnel looks over towards Cessie as well, clearly curious as to the form of game she meant.
    [Harnel's Birthday Party]

"It's a game called 'truth or dare', I used to play it in my childhood and then again while I was adventuring. It was pretty fun in it's own way and I figured we should have something to do at the party besides eat and talk." Cessie says.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh cool. Sounds like fun." Sakura's never heard of the game, but she can be curious until they're done eating. Speaking of eating, she looks toward Adir. He said something about having special food for her.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Adventure!]

The bandits still sleep whilst our heroes hatch their devious plan!

Oh boy devour plans!

Oh boy sneaking time!

Said sneaking will be continued in Random Locations since doing two plawts at the same place is confusing! I mean, seriously. It's really confusing to lump mufti-location posts into totally unrelated plawts.

So...

Yeah.

Respond over there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Adventure]

The knight looks at the waving Alfred and nods, his armor her/his armor was hardly appropriated for sneaking however. Gently trying to sneak the best way she/he can Correl slowly approaches the two while making slight noises as the armor moves. The fact the armor is two sizes too small doesn't exactly make it better either.

If the knight do manage to not catch the bandits attention she/he breathes more easily and looks closer at the drowsing guards. "This calls for some stealth I'm afraid, something you both seem to have a talent in." She/he whispers while looking down at the bandits. "It would be cowardly of me to just look on while you save the poor maiden however. I think I will attempt to distract the guards if something goes wrong. My armor might be poorly suited for stealth, but it's rather good at grabbing attention."
    Adventure!

Alfred doesn't really know what to do, lack of experience and all that. "Should we move on, Sir?" The party doesn't really, have any way to restrain them. Forgetting the rope, rookie mistake! It might be best to skip these two.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

6. - Top - End - #1236

Clinic

"Conjuration?" Naitiri interjects, perplexed. A moment later, she shakes her head. "...Never mind, we'll get to that." She settles her hands on the desk, shuts her eyes, and sighs. "Evan, it doesn't sound like you're cut out for this line of work. Private security is... a little different. Even if you're as rough and tough as you say, I need a leader more than anything." She arches a brow slightly. "How familiar are you with the area? Could you help us... integrate?" Naitiri does not sound too enthusiastic at this point. She could pull any bum off the street to help 'integrate'.

Hopefully Evan will be able to prove himself exceptional - besides, she doesn't really get the final say. Fettina's funding the whole damn thing, and if she wants to hire some mutant nincompoop, then Naitiri will ultimately have to deal with it.

[Harnel's Party]

Upon hearing the name of the game, Adir's face breaks out in a grin. "Oh, this oughta be good. Do you two know how it works?" He seems to be asking Sakura and Harnel.

He turns back to the grill a moment, putting something together, and then offers a pair of veggie-burgers to Sakura. "Here. One hundred percent meat-free."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-03 at 07:32 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ogre in the Playground

Adventure!

Sonnya stays invisible!

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clinic]

"I can. I've been across a lot of different worlds, so I know mostly about the cosmopolitan areas. This one in particular I'm more new to, but it's no different than say Sigil or Menerek. As for leadership? You shouldn't find me lacking in that area, I think. The drones are currently practicing with each other, since they need some genuine knowledge of how to fight, rather than just knowledge of how it works." Evan stays calm through all this. it seems Naitiri doesn't really know about magic. He won't take the time to explain it to her unless she asks. If that's the case, she probably thinks he's just augmented or something. This should be interesting.

[Harnel's Party]

"Sounds like fun to me. I'm gonna guess from the name of the game that someone gives another person a choice between telling the truth, or doing something. Is that right? If so, I'm all for it." Harnel grins. He's got a couple ideas for Cessie already.

9. - Top - End - #1239

[Harnel's Party]

"Sort of, I have heard of many variants of the game so let me explain mine. Basically you take turns, Harnel could for example start and ask any of us 'truth or dare'. The person he asks this picks one, either answering one question truthfully or must do whatever Harnel asks them to do. When she or he have done this it's the person to Harnel's right turns to ask someone 'truth or dare'... and so on." She explains, looking at the others. "Do you understand?"

[Adventure]

"If you sneak in and attempt to free her, I could try to get the guards attention somehow. How does that sound? Think you can manage that?" Correl quietly asks the two.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Party]

Sakura takes the burgers and gives Adir a big smile. "Thanks Honey." She's not so sure about them, to be honest, but she'd might as well try them... In a minute.

The dryad giggles and shakes her head after Cessie's explanation. "Oh boy, this is going to be silly, isn't it?"

11. - Top - End - #1241

Adventure

"That works for me, Sir. Sonnya?" he asks the question nowhere in particular, "Is this plan acceptable to you?" If it is, he'll start sneaking past the guards.

My Characters

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground

Adventure!

Sonnya nods invisibly. Whenever you're ready. She whispers.

13. - Top - End - #1243

[Adventure!]

"Alright, let's go then," Sadei whispers as she begins sneaking forward.

And...

Humming?

It's a rather odd sounding song. Pretty, though with a distinct otherworldly quality to it. And the more one focuses on it the more one is sure that there isn't any sound at all.

Huh.

Weird.

Wonder what the point of that is?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmćre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

14. - Top - End - #1244

Adventure

"Splendid, let us make haste then. I'll create a diversion while you free the maiden and whatever other hostages those villains have apprehended." Correl says before sneaking away again to walk as obviously as possible towards the camp. He/she have a real talent with that.

15. - Top - End - #1245

Clinic

Naitiri narrows her eyes at him, but seems to be with curiousity rather than disapproval. That bit with the soldiers - as well as his knowledge of Nexuses - seems to have earned a point in his favor.

"We'll see if you're lacking." Her words, however, betray very little. "Are you prepared to accept security augmentations, should the job require it?"

Harnel's Birthday Party

"Hilarious, more like. I'm up for that." Adir says, flipping a row of patties. "Burgers, Cessie?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #1246

Adventure

Alfred crawls around to the campsite, away from the direction Sir Correl approaches from. Creepy crawling there, he does notice the humming, then... Soundlessness? Interesting power, Sadei.

My Characters

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Clinic

Naitiri narrows her eyes at him, but seems to be with curiousity rather than disapproval. That bit with the soldiers - as well as his knowledge of Nexuses - seems to have earned a point in his favor.

"We'll see if you're lacking." Her words, however, betray very little. "Are you prepared to accept security augmentations, should the job require it?"

Harnel's Birthday Party

"Hilarious, more like. I'm up for that." Adir says, flipping a row of patties. "Burgers, Cessie?"
    [Clinic]

"Of course," Evan says, like this was something he had already agreed to, "The augs will just have to be added to my natural form to make them more compatible with my shapeshifting."

"Alright then, Cessie, why don't you go first, since you're the one that suggested the game." Harnel takes a nice big bite out of his sloppy burger.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-04-07 at 01:28 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1248

"...I guess." Cessie says as she look at the burger, letting Adir place it on her plate. "I guess I could start then but you have to go last then dear as we will be doing this clockwise." She says to her husband before turning to Sakura.

"So truth or dare Sakura?"

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um..." Sakura ponders. What to pick, what to pick. "Truth." She says after a moment.

20. - Top - End - #1250

"Okay... what do you think about Harnel?" Cessie asks, it seemed fitting since it was his birthday.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Adventure

Alfred crawls around to the campsite, away from the direction Sir Correl approaches from. Creepy crawling there, he does notice the humming, then... Soundlessness? Interesting power, Sadei.
    Sonnya follows. She's never done something like this, but she loved to help people. So, she follows Alfred.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hm..." Sakura looks at Harnel, eying him critically. The suspense is building. Okay, admittedly it's a boring question, but Sakura will still answer.

"Well, he's really nice, and a great friend. He could definitely use his head a bit more though." Sakura grins wryly and reaches across the table to give Harnel a very light wrap on the head with her knuckles. "Don't worry, we all still love you anyway."

And it seems it's her turn to ask the next person. "Okay, Harnel, truth or dare?"
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-04-07 at 02:39 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel scratches his chin a moment, thinking, "Dare."

After all, what's the worst that could happen?

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm..." What to do, what to do. "I dare you to arm wrestle Adir." She says. That's just cruel. Harnel forges things. Not even Adir's new muscles can stand up to that. D=

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ogre in the Playground

"What do you say, Adir? See how an arm wrestle goes between us?" Harnel grins, obviously laughing inside.

26. - Top - End - #1256

Harnel's Birthday Party

"Aw, c'mon," Adir complains, shrugging and bringing an arm up. He shoots a mock-glare at Sakura. "I'll get you for this one."

With that, he props his elbow up and offers his hand to Harnel. I'm not sure if the half-dragon has monstrous-humanoid strength or not, but I know that even if Harnel were pure human Adir would probably lose. The stag looks quite determined, in any case.

Clinic

Naitiri raises her brows minutely. "...I believe this is the point where you explain. Shapeshifting?" She tilts her head a little. "You are serious, aren't you?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-08 at 12:17 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

As a matter of fact, Harnel does have monstrous humanoid strength. As a matter of fact, Harnel has previously shown that he's capable of lifting a ton without straining himself too badly, so Adir will probably find himself losing quite quickly.

The half-dragon places his arm down for the stag to accept, and will begin on the count of three if Adir accepts.

[Clinic]

"I am. as a matter of fact, I've been teaching your sister a bit of it - she has a long way to go before she's good at it, but she's talented. My natural form is about eight hundred pounds, has wings, and goat legs. My father was a greater demon, after all," Evan looks at Naitiri to gauge her reaction.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura giggles. "Ooh, ooh, wait." She bounces out of her seat and hurries over to stand next to the two. She'll hold her hands over theirs. "Okay, you two ready?" Provided they are, she'll count down. "Three... Two... One... Go!" And she lets go!

29. - Top - End - #1259

Harnel's Birthday Party

Adir locks hands with Harnel, looking his friend in the eye bravely. He waits for the count of three, grip tightening, then pulls with all his might!

This is followed shortly, no-doubt, by Adir wincing as his hand hits the table. He turns to frown at Sakura, bravado deflating, despite the fact that he'd already guessed the outcome. "What'd you think was gonna happen?"

Clinic

Finally some reaction from Naitiri. Her eyes widen, and her hands lower to the desk. "A demon?" She says, barely believing the words out of her own mouth. "From hell? A hell?" The businesswoman blinks. "There's a hell? Really?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-08 at 01:50 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #1260

Harnel's Birthday Party

Cessie can't help to laugh a bit and then kiss Harnel's cheek. "Yeah, I think my husband is cheating somehow." She says with a mischievous smile. "Guess it's Adir's turn to ask now though."