Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 105

Thread: Pirates! (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Pirates! (IC)

    Pirates! IC Thread



    {table=head]
    Player
    |
    Character
    |
    Position


    Cleavon||
    Boatswain/Trapsmith

    Gorthok||
    Captain/Pilot

    rb780nm||
    Surgeon/Artillerist

    drakir_nosslin||
    Quartermaster/Supercargo

    [/table]

    Glossary
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bosun: Chief Boatswain
    Brass Monkey: Tray used to hold cannon balls.
    Captain's Daughter: The cat-o-nine-tails used to punish the crew.
    Cockpit: Place where wounded sailors are dragged to be treated.
    First Mate: Highest ranking petty officer; Captain's personal lackey. Still lower rank than the officers.
    Hard Tack: A cracker-like type of bread.
    Helmsman: Whoever happens to be standing at the helm.
    Main Mast: The largest mast
    Mate: Petty officer
    Mizzen Mast: The rear mast
    Pilot: Navigator
    Port: Right
    Starboard: Left
    Watch: The crew manning the sails; the minimum number of men needed to sail the ship.
    Yeoman: Petty officer in charge of signaling other ships.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-10-04 at 03:24 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    You have been at sea for nearly a month. This ship by far has the most disorganized leadership and worst crew morale of any ship you have worked on before. The quartermaster does not ask the captain before taking the cat-o-nine-tails to the backs of the crewmen, and the captain doesn't care.

    If there's anything you can't criticize the captain for though, its the action you receive. He never hesitates to run down any merchant vessel he finds, and his skills in keeping his ship in one piece are uncanny. At times he seems overly aggressive and a little too willing to sacrifice crewmen for a large plunder, but this is fine by you. As a brash intrepid sailor, you are confident you can keep yourself alive. In the past weeks though, you have seen a number of likable men with families meet their ends unnecessarily. To boot, lately you have begun feeling suspicious that Captain Nash has been skimping the crew on their share of the loot.

    Rory
    You signed on as a deck hand on the dog watch. You were promoted to junior boatswain after your predecessor was killed by an arrow to the head. The current Chief Boatswain holds you and your fellow mates to a high standard and will send you to get whipped by the bloodthirsty quartermaster at the drop of a hat.

    Jack
    You came highly recommended from another highly reputable pirate; one who served with Nash directly under the one simply known as "The Pirate King." You joined on the crew of the Prairie Harpy as a mate, and typically served as a helmsman. You were eventually promoted to pilot when the previous pilot stood a little too close to an exploding powder keg.

    Thomas
    In your time, you have read many books on the practice of alchemy in medieval times. The fools quest of trying to turn lead into gold clouded the minds of all practitioners, and prevented any progress until very recently. Repeated failures and comparisons to sorcery and witchcraft made a mockery of what would eventually become the greatest scientific breakthrough in the history of the world.

    Working as the surgeons mate on board the Prairie Harpie has been a most disappointing experience. Witherbe, the surgeon knows nothing of alchemy and seems to resent you for your skills. He has no bedside manner, and no sympathy towards his patients.

    Claudia
    The experience of sailing the open seas has excited you to the core. The sailors you have worked with are a mixed bag, but for the most part you are treated with respect. Not all sailors act like professionals, just the ones who last more than a week.

    Lately you have been moving from ship to ship making yourself difficult to follow. By now you have made it to the Aegean Sea and are serving as the bookkeeper on board the Prairie Harpy. With your front row seat, you have noticed many discrepancies with the cargo and plunder logs. It seems that large amount of gold are going unaccounted for.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-10-02 at 01:33 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    You hear the sound of the Yeoman's horn, and the call for all hands on deck. No one is sick today, but its getting close to the time when the number of cases begins to pick up. The ship has been out to sea for a month, and the livestock is all gone. The bones have been all used up in stew, and the stores of citrus fruits are empty. The ship is down to nothing but hard tack, and a few sailors have lost the spring from their step.

    Its another typical morning, and there are no ships on the horizon. The Chief Bosun informs the crew that they are about to head into rough waters. There is a storm on the northern horizon, and he seems sure that there will be a merchant ship on the other side.

    Everyone is given their duties:

    Rory is ordered to unfurl some of the sails in preparation for the storm.

    Jack is ordered to plot a course to their destination.

    Thomas is ordered to secure the cannons, brass monkeys and firing hatches.

    Claudia is ordered to the upper deck to help lash down sails.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    drakir_nosslin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Claudia

    Sitting on her berth with the ship's logs of plunder and her abacus Claudia silently curses as she finishes her calculations for the forth time.
    "To the waves with this!" The short woman mutters and absentmindedly moves a lock of black hair away from her face.
    "I can't have been wrong four times in a row, there's something else. Someone is stealing from us..."
    Closing the logs she puts both them and the abacus back into her private chest before heading back up on deck.
    Last edited by drakir_nosslin; 2011-10-03 at 05:54 AM.
    The sky's the sky wherever you go. People are people.
    Cogito ergo cogito
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm, pg 140
    An ashworm can be an asset in the dessert
    More ashworm recipes coming next week!
    Crazy Awesome Avatar by Balford!

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Rorick "Rory" Pendergrass

    The Quartermasters hand raised up to swing the lash down upon Rorys back another time when the Yeomans horn blared out. Shaking his head he spat at the olive skinned junior boatswain and bade Rory to get up and get to work.

    Turning his head Rory stood and grabbed up his shirt, pulling it over his damaged skin and smirked at the man.

    "Thank you for the morning workout gentlemen, but I'm wanted on the deck."

    In all actuality Rorys head felt a bit of a throbbing from the drink he had powered down upon waking. He had done it mostly stave off Hang over from what he had drank the night before.

    Unfortunately the Chief Boatswain didn't take kindly to his inebriation and his date with the quartermaster was an inevitability that morning. Now though, as he hopped up the stairs he looked about, feeling a bit of spray on his skin he could at least distract himself with a bit of honest work about the ship.

    Hearing the assignments handed out Rory took his positions and began the heavy task of unfurling the sails.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    rb780nm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Without regard to the surgeon, Thomas stands and thanks the runner for bringing his orders. "Tell the captain that I shall have the cannons secured presently, lad."

    He stands, strapping on his belt with its myriad pouches and vials and makes his way to the gun deck, thumping on the walls of several sleeping areas as he does it. "Gun crews, gun crews! With me, with me!" he calls, not bellowing but with an irritated impatience that is the sort of thing that wakes up sleeping sailors and gets them moving. He details the senior men to actually run the crews securing the weapons while he keeps an eye on the proceedings. The last thing anyone wants is a gun coming loose in a storm and going where-ever the roll of the ship takes it like some sort of multitonne bull, so he personally rechecks every knot.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Profession (Sailor) (1d20+10)[27]

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Griffith "Jack" Handrey

    A fair skinned lad looks up from his plate in the galley with the blaring of the Yeoman's horn. "Alas... Another meal interrupted by work." he muses to himself.

    He stretches from the bench and walks to the deck to fetch his duties. A worried look crosses his face when mention of the storm and our course through it arises. Once the commotion settles, He heads to the aftcastle, nodding to any officers he passes on the way. Once there, he sets to planning a course that will hopefully keep the crew alive for at least the time being.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Geography) (1d20+9)[21]
    Profession (Sailor) (1d20+11)[22]

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    The ship begins to bob with the waves as the water gets choppier. Eventually the storm is upon you.

    You hear the Boatswain shout, followed by the Captain. "Turn to starbard!" He then starts shouting specific orders to his watch and his Junior Boatswain, Rory. (Profession Sailor)

    "Avast ye lily livered sods! Dont fear the waves! This is what we live for!"

    On the gun deck, the Chief Artillerist inspects the four cannons and thier ammo; and speaks to the gun crews, preparing them for the anticipated battle. He orders Thomas to the cockpit to help the surgeon prepare. There he is told to lay out the surgeon's tools, inspect them, and clean them. (Heal)

    The Quartermaster stands at the bow of the ship watching the storm intently. As the boat enters the thick of it he heads to the berth deck to speak to Claudia. He orders her to inspect the cargo hold and make sure everything is secure, and to make sure that the logs are up to date. (Profession Merchant)

    The first mate rushes into the aft castle and orders Jack to the helm. (Profession Sailor)

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Rorick "Rory" Pendergrass

    Rory stood watching the storm for a moment, his weathered hand holding a thick length of rope. He looked up to the sails and finished tying off the small bit of rope he had been working on when he heard the Boatswain, followed by Nash himself barking orders.

    He sprung forward and did exactly as asked, leading the watch as they secured the deck for the brunt of the coming storm.

    Profession: Sailor
    (1d20+11)[22]

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    rb780nm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Thomas prepares the cockpit for the anticipated wounded.

    Spoiler
    Show


    (1d20+13)[17]


  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    drakir_nosslin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Claudia

    "Aye captain!"
    Throwing a sloppy salute the young woman turns and disappears down below deck again. She quickly makes her way to the cargo hold and starts making sure that the various chests, sacks and boxes are all safely secured and their weight correctly distributed over the hold. With only a small lantern to guide her way it's hard work made even worse by the bad weather.

    Satisfied that the cargo is secured against the coming storm Claudia heads back to her berth and once again starts working with the logs.
    "I might as well do it a fifth time while I'm at it." She mutters to herself and starts running the numbers.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Profession: Merchant - (1d20+9)[11]
    The sky's the sky wherever you go. People are people.
    Cogito ergo cogito
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm, pg 140
    An ashworm can be an asset in the dessert
    More ashworm recipes coming next week!
    Crazy Awesome Avatar by Balford!

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Griffith "Jack" Handrey

    Jack peers up at the door to the aftcastle from one of the many maps strewn across the table. Another loud wrap against the door is followed by the voice of the First Mate's orders to the helm. "This is too soon," Jack mumbles to himself. "We shouldn't be into the storm yet! We had at least 10 leagues berth to it."

    As he exits to the deck, a squall of rain and mist peppers his face. Running through the tumultious churning of the deckhands at work and the ship itself, Jack finally reaches the helm. "I'll take it from here Judeau. Go double check our heading and keep watch on the winds!" Jack's junior pilot follows is commands immediately as Jack readies to battle the roaring sea!


    Spoiler
    Show
    Profession (Sailor): (1d20+11)[29]

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Midday has come, and The Prairie Harpy is facing the brunt of the storm. The Captain and Boatswain keep a look out for large waves. The Boatswain shouts orders to Rory and the crew manning the sails. The Captain shouts orders to Jack at the helm. They steer the ship into the major waves, though they are constantly being pounded from all sides by smaller ones.

    Heavy surges of green water constantly wash across the deck, threatening to carry anyone caught overboard. The crew is jostled around a bit, and one sailor loses his footing. As he struggles to regain his balance, another surge knocks him clear off the deck of the ship. The Captain immediately orders another sailor to the deck to replace him.

    The ship pitches and rolls heavily and nearly founders. At times it seems like the ship is going to capsize, but the crew manages to keep it pointed toward the wind.

    Eventually you are free of the storm, and the northern horizon is clear. Most of the officers return to their quarters, while the Captain orders Jack back to the War Room with him to plot a new course [Knowledge (geography)]. Rory is left in charge of the current watch [Profession (sailor)]. The surgeon checks the crew for injuries but there is nothing too serious, so he leaves it to Thomas and reties to his quarters [Heal]. Claudia and several other sailors are ordered to the gun deck to swab the wet deck and prepare the cannons [Profession (sailor)].

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Griffith "Jack" Handrey

    Jack relaxes his hands from the wheel, the color coming back into his knuckles. They had safely navigated the storm and were back into clear waters. Jack's silent celebration was curtly cut short by the Captain. He tells Jack to follow him to the war room to set a course. Jack follows obediently, and once back in the aftcastle, sets to work again with the maps and instruments.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Geography): (1d20+9)[18]

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    rb780nm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Thomas glares at the back of the departing surgeon before turning to assist the wounded.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+13)[19]

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Rorick "Rory" Pendergrass

    Feeling himself washed over several times with the foamy green water that crashed over the side of the ship he shook his head and gritted his teeth into the wind. He reached out with one hand, and barely missed grasping the sailor that was washed over by the wave, but his hand had to snap back to save himself and grasp the rope he held to. Shaking his head as they came out of it he walked about the deck securing lines and making sure the current watch was doing their best to keep the ship in working order after such a brutal beating.

    Profession: Sailor
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[15]

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    drakir_nosslin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Claudia

    Happy that the storm has passed Claudia follows the rest of the sailors down to the wet deck. It's boring work, but not too hard and she spends the time thinking of what to do once they reach the next port.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Profession Sailor - (1d20+6)[11]
    (I think it's +6 at least, myth-weavers seem to be down atm.)
    The sky's the sky wherever you go. People are people.
    Cogito ergo cogito
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm, pg 140
    An ashworm can be an asset in the dessert
    More ashworm recipes coming next week!
    Crazy Awesome Avatar by Balford!

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    The call is heard from the crow's nest. "Ahoy! Ship on the horizon to starboard!" A galleon can be seen traveling eastward. Once it is close enough, it can be seen flying the Spanish flag.

    Captain Nash shouts so as to be heard from any deck, "Change heading and prepare for pursuit! What do ye say mister Rufus?"

    The Quartermaster shouts: "Aye Captain, I concur. Ye heard yer Cap'n! Man the sails and prepare for pursuit!"

    The boatswain confirms his orders and begins shouting at his watch. "Aye aye! Then we make pursuit! Unfurl the sails! Turn to starboard and make god's speed!"

    The wind is favorable and the light maneuverable Caravel has no trouble catching up to the lumbering Galleon. Other than the two ships, the ocean is clear, so Nash flies the jolly roger and starts moving into position.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-10-06 at 08:31 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Rorick "Rory" Pendergrass

    Squinting as he looked out at the galleon on the horizon he soon turned to the watch, grimacing as he heard the quartermaster and captain spouting orders. Soon he was grasping rigging and shouting orders to the watch to make sure they were all on track. Having Nash kill one of them as an example would only make his job harder, so keeping them together and working was his utmost concern at the moment.

    "Lets go boys get those sails under wind and lets keep this boat moving! No use foundering like a dying seal! Keep it up boys check the rigging and lets get those sails full of wind!"

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Griffith "Jack" Handrey

    Jack knew something was up when a muffled cry came floating into the map room from above deck. Captain Nash perked up at the call and rushed to the helm, but not before telling Jack to ready for the fight!

    "Judeau! Come here and hurry with the maps! We must stow them before we begin pursuit or damage might come upon them. Then we'll be lost like a dead fish among the angry waves!!" Dashing about, both Jack and Judeau grab maps and compasses, rulers and sextons, stowing them into the chests and drawers surrounding the worn table in the middle of the room. "Good! Now make for the helm and keep steady to the Captain's directions! Mayhaps a good deal of plunder will come with this one!"
    Last edited by Gorthok; 2011-10-07 at 12:16 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    drakir_nosslin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Claudia

    As the captain's voice is heard to the decks below Claudia hurries to lock away the rags and mops they've been using and soon she's working the sails along with the rest of the watch to make sure that they keep catching the wind as favorably as possible.
    Even to her untrained eye it is quickly apparent that they are gaining and when the ship makes ready to sail up alongside its prey Claudia laughs, this is why she sails, the excitement of the hunt and the thrill of combat!
    The sky's the sky wherever you go. People are people.
    Cogito ergo cogito
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm, pg 140
    An ashworm can be an asset in the dessert
    More ashworm recipes coming next week!
    Crazy Awesome Avatar by Balford!

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    The Prairie Harpy has a clear advantage in the pursuit with her superior speed and maneuverability. Nash orders the ship to turn broadside to her quarry and fire a warning shot over the bow. The Spanish galleon turns and makes top speed in the direction of the prevailing wind.

    "Arrrrrrgh! Full pursuit boys! She's trying to make a run!"

    Utilizing his advantage, Captain Nash keeps his ship clear of the broad side of the galleon, avoiding its numerous cannons which could easily bring about a quick end to his vessel.

    As he draws within close range of the galleon, Nash orders Thomas to the Oxybeles, and a group of sailors to the grapnel stations.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)


  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    drakir_nosslin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Claudia

    As the Harpy moves up alongside the other ship Claudia draws her gun and moves into position, seeking a target for the first shot in this battle.
    One of the enemy archers draws her attention and she lifts her gun, aiming closely before pulling the trigger. The shot booms across the sea, breaking the tense silence and truly initiating the combat. The black smoke from the gun quickly drifts away as the ships race across the water.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to O6, draw pistol as part of move action. Fire a shot with focused aim (cha to damage, 1 grit point) at the archer at N10.

    Attack - (1d20+14)[28], Damage - (1d6+6)[10]
    3 grit remaining.
    The sky's the sky wherever you go. People are people.
    Cogito ergo cogito
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm, pg 140
    An ashworm can be an asset in the dessert
    More ashworm recipes coming next week!
    Crazy Awesome Avatar by Balford!

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Round 1
    Spoiler
    Show


    The crew of the Prairie Harpy begin crossing the plank as the crew of the galleon prepare to meet them in combat. The archers fire their arrows, and a few soldiers are struck. The combination of an arrow and Claudia's gunshot cause an opposing archer to fall.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The PCs may all go now in any order.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-10-09 at 05:47 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Rorick "Rory" Pendergrass

    As he saw the boarding commence his hand snapped down and drew his pistol as he moved across the deck. The archers were putting their arrows onto their deck, so his instincts took his aim to them.

    Move and Fire
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to P6. Quickdraw Pistol loaded with Flare Cartridge. Fire at Archer in L10.
    (1d20+11)[27]
    (1d8+1)[5] (2 Damage)

    Half damage on hit. Target Blinded DC15 Fort reduces to Dazzled.
    J10,L13,O9 Dazzled DC15 Fort negates.

    Fires a flare that bursts on contact with the target and makes a 20ft. Blinding flash.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    rb780nm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    "Alright, Firing!" Thomas yells, warning the archers near him as he releases the siege weapon, aimed for the enemy captain. The bolt flies high, thrown off by the mutual rolling of the boats. "Damnation!" Thomas swears.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+6)[8] (+10 skill, -4 for medium if I've read the rule right)
    (3d8)[14] (IIRC the damage)
    Last edited by rb780nm; 2011-10-09 at 07:43 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Griffith "Jack" Handrey
    Round 1


    Stepping back from the helm, Jack sees pandamonium erupt along the gangplank that connects the two ships. A silent prayer crosses his lips, not to Kreb, but to the Hempish god of war to make his blade strike true. Upon finishing his hushed chant, Jack pulls forth a 4ft blade from the sheath on his back and prepares for the fight!


    Move!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to Q7 and unsheath my katana!
    Last edited by Gorthok; 2011-10-10 at 07:39 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    drakir_nosslin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Claudia

    Claudia notices with satisfaction that her target swiftly falls to the deck as she starts to reload her gun. With her weapon once again ready to fire she takes a step forward, aiming on the next archer and soon after her next shot fills the air with lead and smoke.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Reload
    Free action: 5-foot step to O7
    Attack archer at K10: Attack - (1d20+13)[18], Damage - (1d6+1)[7]
    The sky's the sky wherever you go. People are people.
    Cogito ergo cogito
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm, pg 140
    An ashworm can be an asset in the dessert
    More ashworm recipes coming next week!
    Crazy Awesome Avatar by Balford!

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pirates! (IC)

    Round 2
    Spoiler
    Show


    Rory's flare shot goes off with a blinding flash, startling most of the enemy crew.

    The enemy archers rub their eyes and fire at Claudia and Captain Nash, but both miss their mark. The sailor behind them begins to stagger around aimlessly. Captain Nash pulls out a pistol and fires at the same target as Claudia, hitting him in the throat with pinpoint accuracy, and ending his life.

    Thomas' shot from the oxybeles falls short and lodges in the side of the galleon's bridge.

    As the crew begins to board and steel clashes, blood is drawn from many sailors, but none fall to melee attacks. The quartermasters begin their duel, and the quartermaster of the galleon strikes first blood.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •